The meaning of mysterious- Denial● Death● ..35

The meaning of mysterious

The figure of a human stranded on the land of sand,stood out.The lower half of his body supporting the head of a young man whose blood continuously coloured the sands a deep red.

Sungmin's fingers gently caressed the pale cheeks of his dongsaeng's.Longing,grief and disbelief all muddled in his heart.Something deep was clawing his heart.It was painful,raw and heavy.Like a burden,a loss,a part of his soul was just torn out without consent.It stripped him bare and left him with nothing but a breathing soul and an aching heart.

"Hyung,look at this..I bought you pajamas,"the raven-haired male handed him a set of pajamas before he smirked,"And no,you shouldn't be wearing those one piece.It's not good for you.."

"Kibum-ah.."Sungmin went on to give the younger a full pout.He sighed at the fact that the maknae was teasing him by trying to teach him how to be a man.

"Ah..hyung..please don't do that!Am I the only one that's normal here?"

The older laughed at the remark and linked his arms with the other.Kibum smiled that amused smile of his and proceeded to laugh along with his hyung whilst trying to detach the other's arm from his.At that moment,Sungmin closed his eyes and hugged the other tightly,refusing to let go.He smiled at the warmth it gave.That feeling you get when you know that you cherish him,want to hold him close for the rest of your life and love him as a family member.Sungmin felt it.

 His eyes closed to let the last drop of tears fall and his left palm rose up to hit his chest.Again and again and again.He wanted it to hurt more than this loss.He wanted to kill himself.He wanted to distract himself from this aching pain.More tears fell as he realised that the pain just wouldn't go away.He cries became louder before they died down.

He was tired..

What was it?

Was he tired of himself for not being able to save the one he loves?Was he tired of the guilt?The thought of seeing Kibum die right in front of him?Or the fact that he didn't die along with him?..How could he even live with the fact that his friend that and he didn't?..He fell flat on his back,no longer looming over Kibum's dead form.

Once he reopened them again,they were glassy and cold,like a mirror with no depth.His heart slowed down it's pace and suddenly Sungmin felt calm..too calm.The view of the world from his eyes turned tranquil but void of anyone else.His mind threw out all memories of the tragedy he was in.The others-Leeteuk,Kangin,Zhoumi and all were waiting for him.Kibum wasn't dead he was sleeping peacefully.He was even smiling,right?All this is merely a trick.That has got to be what's going on.They're all waiting for him and Kibum somewhere.Somewhere.

Sluggishly,he sat up and lifted Kibum onto his back.

"Bummie-ah,just rest first,hyung will bring you there.."

Eyeing the only path left other than back into the dollhouse,the blonde male grinned and started making his way down with Kibum on his back,"Hyung thinks you're sleeping too much Kibum-ah.What did you yesterday?Manager-hyung only said that you would be having a photoshoot so why are you so tired?"

Silence.

"Kibum-ah..Kibum-ah..are you ignoring hyung?"Sungmin pouts as he continues walking into the trees and foliage covered trail,"That's okay..hyung will keep you company."

 

***

14th August 2005  [9;42pm]

 

"Nghh..N-no..Ugh..h-hyung.." 

Eyelids flattered open at vigorous movement.

"Hyung?"Kibum gently shook the blonde man up.Sungmin sat up,frightened and upset.He let out a sigh of relief and rubbed his eyes.

"Hyung,are you okay?"a sense of worry and concern could be heard from the boy's words.Sungmin weakly gave a reassuring smile.Fragments of the nightmare still haunted his mind and the one involved was sitting next to him on the bed.Sungmin's eyes started watering and soon,he found himself crying in Kibum's embrace.

"hhuh..K-Kibum-ah..p-promise h-hyung that you..ugh..won't g-go..mm..anywhere.." his roommate was taken aback for a moment as his body had stilled.Sungmin's head was cradled in the space between Kibum's neck and shoulder.The shorter male sniffed as he continued to look blankly at the wall behind the two of them when he felt a hand soothingly pat his back.The arm then curled around his small form,diminishing whatever space was left between the two of them.Sungmin gasped.And then he heard it..

"I won't go anywhere hyung..I'll always be by your side.I promise"...

 

***

"Found you.." The creature said before jumping off the branching and onto the lanky male.

"Ahhhh!.."Zhoumi screamed as his back met the soiled ground.In an act of defense,the chinese male had put up his arms in front of him to stop the thing when it had bit off his skin.His body felt as if it was piled under a ton of bricks and his energy was beginning to deplenish as he felt his eyes drooping slowly.He was suddenly feeling restless as he eyd the creature bting his flash.He could see specks of red flying.Some had even fallen onto his face like a splash of paint.But his eyesight was dimining and he felt his arm fell to the side as the creature continued to devour him.

"Zhoumi!"Kangin screamed as he saw a creature lying ontop of the other male.The chinese man had his left hand bleeding and the bite wound was open and fresh.The bulky man turned to look away for a moment when he caught a glimpse of what he thought was the human muscle.At his outcry,the creature had turned to look at him,baring it's teeth with pieces of the chinese male's skin stuck on the bottom of its red gums.It's soulless crystal blue irises and dented nose made the man flinch in fear.

Ever so slowly,it slithered it's body down Zhoumi and crawled it's way to Kangin.It's fingers so red and crooked with a skeleton-like body in the shape of a mermaid.Kangin eyed the pool of blood surrounding Zhoumi and concluded that it was unhealthy.

"Z-zhou mi!Mimi!"the bulky male tried,shifting himself away from the gruesome scene.He had decided to leave the group behind as he was worried for the other male when he had heard the cry and ran towards it thinking he could save his dongsaeng.

"MI!Zhou mi-ah!.."

He could now feel tears starting to pool at the corners of his eyes.He was alone and scared.He glanced back at the boy before tensing.Zhou mi had to be still alive..He prayed in his heart that Zhou mi would take the chance and run now.Closing his eyes for a second,he jumped back and snapped his eyes open,finding the creature inches away from him.Releasing a shaky breath,Kangin turned.Now it was his turn to run..

 

A/N:I apologise if there are any grammar mistakes.The next chapter will be on what and probably where Kyuhyun is..I heard many of you are confuse about what's happening to him so in the next chapter,I'll try my best to explain his situation.See you all next week!

Do subscribe and/or comment! :)

All feedbacks/comments are appreciated!