Emergency

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

Lay and SuHo sat at their spot in the medical tent, in the same position as they were before they went for dinner; SuHo sat on the edge of a stretcher, leaning forward as Lay sat on a chair slightly lower tan the stretcher, one hand on his lap and the other in front SuHo's bruised forehead.

Lay had given up on concentrating ages ago, bored to death. SuHo wasn't all that different. His eyes drooped and he was on the verge of sleep, with nothing to stimulate his thoughts and keep him awake. He head suddenly flopped forward, causing his bruise to come in contact with Lay's palm with a smack. Both boys were pulled out of their thoughts and SuHo clutched his forehead, expecting pain.... but it never came.

Ignoring Lay's continuous appologies and attempts to check his forehead, SuHo kept a hand over his bruise and walked over to the mirror hanging nearby. He lifted his hand and stared at the non-existant bruise. "Lay..." he interrupted, and turned pointing to his forehead. "It's gone."

Lay looked up, eyes wide. "Oh." He walked over and looked at SuHo's forehead. "Oh." He poked the place where the bruise once was. "Oh." He grabbed SuHo's cheeks and brought his face right in front of his. "Oh. My. God." He patted SuHo's forehead and stepped back with a grin, his dimples showing. "Oh my god! SuHo hyung! I did it!" He messed up his hair and yelled happily. "I did it, hyung!"

SuHo laughed and patted down his hair. "But can you do it again?"

"There were only two things happening when I healed you: my lack of concentration and when I hit you. So I guess it's either I hit the wound or don't concentrate." He pressed his hands to his cheeks. "But hyung. I did it!" He did a little happy dance which SuHo found extremely out of character, yet adorable. However, their celebration didn't last long.

The roof of the medical tent ripped through and three figures dropped onto the ground with a yell. BaekHyun was the first one to land, followed by Kai who landed on his chest and ChanYeol who had landed slightly to the right. SuHo grinned before the situation registered. BaekHyun was bleeding. Really really badly.

ChanYeol was the first to recover from the fall. He got up and pushed Kai off his friend whose screams were reduced to pained whimpers. SuHo squatted next to him while Lay stared on, frozen on the spot.

"Where's the knife?" ChanYeol gasped, realizing that blood was gushing out of the gaping wound. "Where's the knife?! It was the only thing stopping the blood where is it?" he yelled hysterically.

"And what do you want to do? Stab him again?" Kai demanded, standing up.

SuHo cut ChanYeol off. "SungGyu! TaeYeon!" he shouted. "Get over here!"

"Why do you need them? There's a healer right there!" ChanYeol pointed at Lay, his voice as loud as ever. "Get over and heal him!"

"You can't do that," TaeYeon stopped him, kneeling next to BaekHyun. "Transfer him to the bed. Hurry!" SuHo did as asked and TaeYeon immediately began examining his wounds. "If Lay doesn't heal him properly then close the wound, he'll die of internal bleeding," she explained to ChanYeol before calling for SungGyu. "He's going need surgery," she concluded.

ChanYeol was losing it. He was losing his mind. He couldn't think straight. He was seeing red. His friend was dying and he could do nothing about it. He knew he couldn't distract the doctors so he turned his anger towards someone else. "You and your abilities!" he scoffed, pointing at Lay, looking like a psychotic killer with all the blood on his hands. "You can't even help him?! ing useless dip you are!" He took in Lay's pale, wide-eyed form and laughed. "Are you kidding me? You're squeamish too? We should have just left you to die--"

"ChanYeol, shut up!" SuHo snapped. "Kai, take him to XiuMin and have him cooled down." Quite literally, actually. ChanYeol was heating up the room as his anger slowly lost control.

"Don't touch me!" ChanYeol shrieked when Kai took his arm. "This is all your fault! He wouldn't be bleeding internally if you had taken the knife along with us!"

Kai grabbed ChanYeol by the collar of his shirt. "The knife was stuck to the floor! To teleport the floor meant to teleport the whole god dammed house which I cannot do! It's equivalent to you burning down the whole planet in one burst of power!"

ChanYeol took Kai's fist, his own hands heating up as well. "Is that a challenge?"

"Not like you can do it--"

"Stop taunting him and shut up!" SuHo barked, taking hold of BaekHyun's hand to offer some comfort while TaeYeon and SungGyu  worked since obviously neither Kai nor ChanYeol were helping in that department. "XIUMIN!" he called, hoping that his partner would hear him... And he did.

He wasn't there physically so SuHo thought at first that he hadn't heard him. But looking up to see ChanYeol and Kai in an ice cube, literally, he let out a sigh in half relief, half pity. It would be freezing in there... but to keep them there temporarily would give TaeYeon and SungGyu the silence they needed to work.

BaekHyun's hold had gone weak and SuHo panicked but SungGyu quickly explained that they just gave him some anesthetic and that BaekHyun would be fine. With a relieved sigh, SuHo let go of his friends hand and pressed a palm against the ice cube. "You hear that, ChanYeol? BaekHyun will be fine. So don't go beating anyone up, especially not yourself, you got that?"

XiuMin entered the room, looking anywhere but at BaekHyun's bloody body on the stretcher. "Isn't it a little unsanitary to operate him while there are so many people in the room?"

"None of us really want to leave right now. Besides, Lay will just cure any infection. He's slowly but surely mastering his powers," SuHo told him. "Right Lay?" Recieving no reply, he turned. "Lay?"

* * * * *

LuHan said he missed the South... But SeHun found them travelling North on their little walk. He chuckled mentally, feeling that urge to endlessly mock LuHan for his miserable sense of direction rather than correct him. Oh LuHan, he thought with a smirk.

SeHun wasn't sure what LuHan thought of the silence but to him, it was really very awkward. He had nothing to say to the older male and from the looks of it, LuHan did not have much to talk about either... Or so it seemed.

"Loosen up, SeHun," he nudged the latter with his shoulder. "I just wanted a walk." The silence stretched on for about 5 minutes of walking before LuHan spoke again. "It's not that I'm trying to make you uncomfortable SeHun. I just... Miss you... Or I miss the you you were when you with me. Since you've... Changed, I don't really know if I can look at you the same way anymore."

SeHun scoffed, looking away. "If you were so worried about change, you shouldn't have left--"

"I had no choice--"

"--And cheated on me with Kai," he finished, looking at LuHan, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

LuHan stopped, looking at SeHun. "What are you--"

SeHun sighed. "Don't you think it would have been less painful for the both of us if you just told me? Why did I have to hear it from him?" His voice cracked, and he tried hard to fight back tears but it was always like this. The mere thought of the day always felt as bad as it did when it happened. "I wouldn't even have cared... I wouldn't have cared if you cheated on me because I want you to be happy but... Why did you leave? Why didn't you tell me?"

LuHan was absolutely lost. He had no idea what SeHun was talking about anymore. He was lost at "cheated on me with Kai". To top off his confusion, seeing SeHun so weak, so fragile... It scared him. He took SeHun's hand and brought it to his chest. "SeHun, I would never do that," LuHan whispered.

"Well, apparently, you did," SeHun snapped, yanking his hand away, walking ahead and wiping his tears.

LuHan sped after him, slightly stunned by the sudden change in his attitude. "SeHun, talk to me. What happened exactly the day I left?" SeHun stubbornly remained silent. "SeHun." He stood in front of the boy. "Please."

SeHun did a side-step and walked past LuHan with a sigh. "It was the day after actually," SeHun laughed bitterly, just when LuHan was about to drop the topic. "I saw you and Kai hugging at the park on the day you left." His lips tigthened.

Right. LuHan remembered that.

"You're not going to tell SeHun?" Kai had asked him.

"That's why I called you here... I figured it would be easier to hear it from you."

"What led you to that absurd conclusion?"

"You're his best friend... And we both know that if he asks, I will stay and you know I can't do that. It's easier for the both of us to just cut it here. Quick and painless.... The sooner his feelings for me disappear, the easier things will be for him. Please, JongIn."

"Kai," the latter frowned. "And that makes absolutely no sense LuHan."

LuHan sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I know. That's the best my half-asleep brain can conjure up at the moment." Abruptly, he pulled the younger male into a hug. "You know SeHun won't be the only one I'll be missing right?"

Kai hugged back. "I'll miss you too, LuHan."

An angry beep forced them to jump apart. LuHan glared at his father's butler's car then turned to Kai with a weak smile. "I'll be going now." He hoisted up his messenger bag and made his way to a car. He stopped and turned to Kai. "Kai?"

"Yea?"

"Take care of him for me, will you?" LuHan requested, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Tell him I'll miss him."

Kai raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted to make this painless?"

LuHan laughed. "Right. Sorry. Nevermind." The car beeped again. "Alright alright!" he yelled, running towards the car. He threw his bag into the back seat and made his way to the front seat, next to the butler. He caught Kai's gaze and gave him a final wave. "Bye!"

Seeing that he wasn't going to continue down that line of conversation, LuHan decided to change the subject... to an extent.... After spending ten minutes having his thoughts centering He thinks I cheated on him because I hugged his best friend? What? What was that about the day after I left? "So why were you at the park?"

"I was on my way home from buying this," SeHun answered, showing him a chain around his neck that held a plain, thick, silver ring.

LuHan felt his throat close up. "Was that for..."

"You?" SeHun asked. He laughed bitterly. "Don't be silly." He put the ring back under his shirt. He stuffed his right hand into his pocket, the other matching band suddenly feeling ice-cold around his ring finger. Now that was for LuHan. A promise ring. It suddenly felt like a really really stupid idea.

"Oh..." LuHan muttered.

They kept walking. They were straying farther and farther from the stadium and with each step, it seemed to get colder, darker and more awkward between the two. To keep his hands warm, LuHan began breathing on them and rubbing them. This didn't go unnoticed. SeHun took LuHan's hand in his larger, warmer ones and put it in the pocket of his hoodie. LuHan blushed.

He used to--and still did--like it whenever SeHun did that. Although with their strange relationship now, he didn't know how to react to that anymore.

"Do you think everyone has their special someone?" SeHun asked suddenly.

"I'd like to believe so," LuHan answered, kicking a rock.

"Do you think everyone will find their special someone?"

"Where is this conversation going, SeHun?"

SeHun smirked. "I don't know I was kind of hoping it would drive itself...." He stopped. "To the part where I caress your cheek like this." He placed a hand on LuHan's cheek. "Lean forward like this.." He leaned forward and LuHan took a step back. "And whisper that through everything I've went through, every second of every minute of every hour of every day since I was seperated from you..." He kissed LuHan's forehead. "... That I really did miss you too."

LuHan closed his eyes and smiled, feeling his heart flutter a little... Then Kai's face flashed in his mind and confusion suddenly hit him like a tonne of bricks.

What the hell was going on with SeHun? His moodswings were driving LuHan insane. One minute he's crying, the next he's angry and now... What? He mentally smacked himself. SeHun's just not in the right mind. None of us are. He's just spouting bull because--

"Duck!" SeHun gasped, forcing him behind a bush.

Duck? Wha--?

"Sssshhh," SeHun hushed, peaking over the bush. SeHun gripped LuHan's hand tightly in his, watching the oh so familiar figures of the Evil walk through the town. Normally, as observed by SeHun, they would scout in groups of three to five... but this was a pack of about forty that he could see. He watched them carefully, tensing up just in case he needed to attack... But he didn't. They just walked past. Where were they--

Nerium oleander, the flower Dana had sprouted earlier before Kai left. It was a warning.

And it wasn't just for Kai.

They were heading towards the stadium.


I'm sorry if SeHun confused you in this chapter>< That was practically explaining my feels as I looked for the OT12 MAMA on inkigayo which, until now, I cannot find..... T^T I'm just going to have to settle for gifs until I find a video.

Speaking of gifs, it's late and I have school tomorrow so replies are going to be short. And. Sweet.... Hehe^^ Which also explains why I'm not spazzing about EXO in disney land... /dies.

No new subscribers (Lost like 3 tho...) so on to comment replies:DDD

@jaemin09: We'll see~ Hehe^^

@justpeachy77: It's not really my gifs actually^^ Took them off tumblr so kudos to whoever made them^^ And don't worry, I'm saving Bacon right now:D HAHA. But I wonder what happened to Taoris..... LOL. And I'm glad I'm up and about too~~~~

@ForeverCellist: Baby don't cryyyy~~~ I'm saving bacon noooow~~~ HeheXD

@fluffcloud: Have you watched the OT12 Mama perf? I haven'tD: I missed the live broadcast and I can't find any vids on YT so I can't spazz with you yet.... T^T But hey, EXO went to Disney Land:D And for some reaon, I feel happier even though Korea is so much closer to my countryXD LOL. And "really something"? Is that a good "really something" or a bad "really something"? LOL. You killed me at 'unicorn sorcery' LOL. And yea... TaoRis together with Jino... I won't reveal anythingXD HAHA. And pardon all the B1A4 stuffed in this story. Yep, I'm a great big BANA and I can't keep it out of this ficXD And I feel honoured that you feel honoured that I replied to you three times:3 I feel so importantXD LOL. And here, you can have one shipload of jumbo-exo-cookies:D I'm a person with a small stomachXD And yea, me getting better must be the work of OT12 because it's just so beautiful it scared the fever awayXD Hehe.

@Foodfood123: BACON IS SAFE AND SOUND:D This is where you celebrate with me~! Hehe. LOL.

@RollingBuffaloes: No need to thank me:D I kinda neglected that ship cos of all the KaiHanHun dramaXD I should be thanking you for reminding me:D

@Xcutionist: Oh yes, BaekYeolXD /le giggles.

@Nana_Exo: Bacon is safe:D Hehe^^ As for TaoRis... I will reveal nothingO.O And that gif will never get oldXD I stared at it for like 5 minutes laughing when I first saw it and I'm pretty sure if I look at it again now, I'll die of laughterXD

@OccasionalMuse: Whoooaaaaa! You happened to comment just before I posted this chapter. Like SECONDS beforeXD You're goooood:O And glad that you can feel ChanYeol's feels in the previous chapter:D LOL I actually thought I was taking the drama a little too farXD And I'll be adding you on Tumblr once I get my own com back (which will be tomorrow):D Using my sister's laptop now and I can't log off from her tumblr because she doesn't even know her own password>< But hey, heads up, my tumblr name's exoticfantastic:D See you tomorrowwww~~

Okay, that's it! Comment replies ggeut! I'll see you guys tomorrow so we can properly spazz about Exo in Disney Land kay? HAHAHAHAHA. Goodnight!:D

... and about the no-gif-for-today thing, I lied.

tumblr_m4bpbhNaHF1rq9zqzo2_250.gif

RAPPER LINE FTW!

... what are you doing to my BaekYeol/TaoRis heartT^T

That and the whole KaixChanYeol squabble was based on that one time they were shoving each other during the MAMA screamo and I was planning to put a gif here but.... Damn.

Once again goodnight:D