Farewell

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

".... For some reason, the dragon seems to warm up to insanity more than soundness and that is how the pyrokinetic maniac--emphasis on 'maniac'--got a pet dragon," KyungSoo concluded.

SeHun had returned not too long ago. It was already 8.30 in the evening and had returned to the stadium in time for dinner. Extremely confused and startled by the dragon, he had turned to KyungSoo for an explanation. Although they didn't know each other, KyungSoo seemed to be sanest out of the people he did know.

SeHun raised an eyebrow and let his eyes wander to ChanYeol sitting directly across him. 

XiuMin, Chen and ChanYeol were leaning  against the dragon's body while the dragon's neck and head was resting on the their thighs. ChanYeol would occasionally feed the dragon some chicken from his dinner pack that SooMan had left in the bag.

Sadly, that was all the full meals SooMan provided for. The rest were just simple tidbits like dried fruit, peanuts and potato chips.

KyungSoo got up and approached the trio.

The dragon growled at the advancing figure at first but ChanYeol gleefully stuffed a piece of chicken into its mouth and the dragon faced him to nudge his hand thankfully. While the dragon was distracted, ChanYeol patted the empty space next to him. KyungSoo sat down softly and the dragon looked at him, chewing silently. The dragon then put his head on KyungSoo's lap, closing its eyes.

"He likes you," ChanYeol whispered.

KyungSoo laughed and shook his head. "So what were you guys talking about before I came over?"

"Kimchi!" XiuMin answered eagerly.

"Did you know his real name is actually XiuMin and not MinSeok?" ChanYeol continued, pointing to XiuMin.

"Yea, I figured," KyungSoo answered bluntly. "But why did you tell me your name was MinSeok?"

"Racism," XiuMin answered shortly. "Not everyone accepts Northern Border citizens like you guys. Chen has a Southern name too! It's JongDae."

"And all this just for kimchi!" ChanYeol added. "They're my heroes!" He finished, pulling Chen and XiuMin into a hug. The dragon growled at the sudden gestured but calmed down as KyungSoo reached out and the space between it's eyes.

"When all this is over, I'll build a kimchi shop right smack in the center of the border just for you guys," ChanYeol promised, wrapping his hands around KyungSoo's neck. "And KyungSoo here will help me research on the BEST kimch recipe ever! Right?"

"Sure sure," KyungSoo mumbled absently. His eyes were on SeHun who was watching the fire calmly, occasionally looking towards LuHan and Kai, who were talking animatedly. Maybe I shouldn't have left him alo-- LuHan abruptly got up, cutting off his conversation with Kai and KyungSoo's thoughts.

He stood in front of SeHun who looked up. Everyone became silent, including SuHo and Kris who had seemed to be in a really deep conversation. From SeHun's outburst earlier, everyone could guess that something about their relationship was... off.

"I need to talk to you," LuHan stammered, looking down as he twiddled his thumbs nervously. SeHun stood up. LuHan took him by the wrist and told Kai to wait a moment. Kai glared at SeHun's back openly and teleported to KyungSoo's side.

"Kai...?" ChanYeol called hesitantly. "You--"

Kai exhaled and leaned his head against KyungSoo's shoulder, making him feel slightly awkward. They were, after all, not that close. "Should I just leave them alone?" he seemed to be asking himself.

XiuMin leaned forward, resting his head on the dragon's neck, Chen rested chin on XiuMin's hair and ChanYeol placed his chin on KyungSoo's shoulder, peeking at Kai from the curve behind KyungSoo's neck. "What happened between those two anyway?" ChanYeol asked, making KyungSoo shudder as he breathed down the latter's collar. KyungSoo wrinkled his nose but regretted it later since his nose was still broken.

Kai sighed again. "SeHun and LuHan were in a relationship but LuHan was from the Northern side of the Border and was the son of N. East's Governor." Kai leaned back and KyungSoo let out a sigh of relief that he didn't know he had been holding in. "A year later, LuHan was found but he refused to go back so his father sent bribes and threats to SeHun to return LuHan. SeHun, of course, said no. Then LuHan's father found--" he froze and seemed to think about something before continuing--"A close friend of SeHun. Now, without the duo realizing, SeHun's friend had developed quite a crush on LuHan--"

"Oh this is getting gooood! Dang why didn't SooMan pack popcorn?" ChanYeol whispered, clutching onto KyungSoo's sleeve.

Kai smiled at him but continued. "--And so they say bonds are only as strong as their weekest link. LuHan's father found that weakest link and bribed SeHun's friend instead.... And... He did it. LuHan was sent back, SeHun was convinced that LuHan ditched him and had no feelings for him anymore and here we are now," Kai ended.

"Oooooh," Chen crooned. "This is like Romeo and Juliette! NO! Sehuneo and Luhaniet!"

"Bad comparison," KyungSoo cut in. "They both died."

"Oh... Right..." Chen frowned.

"And this was a season of Gossip Girl," Kris joked, walking towards them with Tao on his right and SuHo on his left. "Anyway, will you guys call those two? SuHo and I have an announcement."

Kai smirked and with a poof, he vanished.

Now, let us move back a few minutes and follow SeHun and LuHan this time.

LuHan sat down on one of the remaining bleachers and shyly tapped the space next to him. SeHun silently took a seat. "SeHun..." LuHan looked up to see SeHun looking down at him blankly. "What, are you aiming for tall, dark and mysterious now? You used to be the noisiest kid in town!"

SeHun's lip twitched. "Not really. You called me here and I'm waiting for you to speak."

"Don't think I didn't see that almost-smile, Oh SeHun," LuHan told him, pointing and glaring at the latter's lips. "You're still that smiley, cute little baby boy that giggled at stupid word pun jokes like Hanburger and SeHun-tery eggs--" SeHun bit back a chuckle, covering his mouth. "I saw that one too, SeHun. Drop the act. I know you're still that fluffy-marshmallow, five year old kid with an adorable lisp that I knew and love--" LuHan covered his own mouth, his eyes wide as SeHun flinched.

There was an awkward silence that seemed to last forever until SeHun broke it. "What do you want, LuHan?"

"This may be the last time I ever see you again," LuHan started over, unconsciously placing his hand over SeHun's. "I mean, no one can guarantee that we'll make it out of this planet alive. SeHun, I just--"

A poof interrupted them. "LuHan, SeHun, Kris wants to speak with us," Kai said. "Oh, I'm sorry was I--" SeHun got up and walked back to the others, plopping on the seat where Kai once was. Kai teleported himself and LuHan directly in front of SuHo.

"Good," Kris said. "We're all here. Anyway, SuHo and I have decided the following arrangement: ChanYeol and I will go North, Kai and LuHan will go South, SeHun and Tao will go East, and KyungSoo and Chen will go West to search for survivors. SuHo and XiuMin will stay here at the stadium to guard the library and research on the Evil while guarding survivors. Each of those looking for survivors will only carry a maximum of 5 before returning here to drop them off. We depart to for our respective areas at 6 in the morning tomorrow. Am I clear?" Everyone muttered there own form of agreement. "Good, now go set up your tents and go to sleep."

ChanYeol gently woke the sleeping dragon and guided its head upwards so XiuMin, Chen and KyungSoo could go set up their tents. ChanYeol gently brought his pet dragon's head back onto his lap and waved goodnight to the others as they retreated. "You're not going to sleep indoors?" SuHo asked ChanYeol.

"I can't leave Krunchy alone! He might be scared of the dark!" ChanYeol pouted, patting the dragon's head.

"Krunchy?" SuHo asked, sitting next to him.

"Yep!" ChanYeol nodded. "Since his dad is not close to him, I named him after his dad so that he'll feel closer that way."

"His father?" SuHo repeated stupidly.

"Uh huh! Krispy!" He pointed at Kris.

Tao glared at ChanYeol and stormed away. Kris frowned. "Wait, Tao!"

"But what about BaekHyun?" SuHo inquired.

ChanYeol sighed and leaned his head against SuHo's shoulders, completely ignoring the older boy's question. "Do you think he's okay, Hyung?"

SuHo shrugged and made a face. "Most likely. Knowing Bacon boy, he's probably sitting by the television, eating eggrolls--those are his favourite, right?--and wondering how you're doing now."

"Nope," ChanYeol shook his head. "He's probably cursing my name now, actually, wondering what trouble I got myself into. Bacon has a funny way of showing concern."

SuHo laughed. "True."

ChanYeol chuckled and sighed. "I wish he was here."

"If you love someone more than anything, then distance only matters to the mind, not the heart," SuHo quoted.

ChanYeol looked up. "Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"I think my insides just shriveled up and died." ChanYeol shuddered and SuHo laughed. "Please don't ever say anything like that again. That was just... Ew." ChanYeol made a face and SuHo ruffled his hair.

"Sure thing, kiddo."

"... Hyung?" ChanYeol whispered after a moment of silence.

"Hmm?" SuHo hummed.

"Aren't you going in?"

SuHo chuckled and wrapped an arm around ChanYeol's shoulders. "I don't want to leave Channie alone! He's afraid of the dark!" he mocked.

"Shut up," ChanYeol frowned and closed his eyes, preparing to sleep.

Meanwhile, Kris and Tao were having a conversation of their own just outside the stadium. "I don't like that ChanYeol person," Tao muttered with his arms folded.

"Figures," Kris laughed and Tao glared at him. "...Sorry." Tao smiled softly and began writing on Kris' palm. "What are you doing there?"

"Giving you a restraining order."

Kris laughed. "What does it say?" he questioned, playing along.

"You are not allowed within a 10m radius of a certain lunatic whom you are partnered with," Tao answered cutely, looking up. "I'm watching you, Kris."

Kris laughed and ruffled his hair. He then wrapped his arms around Tao's waist and pulled him closer. "I'll miss you, Hwang ZiTao," Kris whispered, kissing the top of Tao's forehead.

"I'll miss you too, Kev--"

"Don't!" Kris cut in. "My name is Kris."

"And my name is Tao," Tao mocked. "'Hwang ZiTao' me again and I'll make sure the whole universe knows your real name."

Kris chuckled and kissed Tao's nose. "Sleep." Tao nodded and buried his face into Kris' neck. "Goodnight, Z--"

"Tao. Or I will eat your soul, Kevin Wu Fan," Tao threatened, his voice muffled by Kris' neck. "And goodnight to you too. I lo--Sleep well, gege."


Now, let me clarify something, I have no issue with Kris' and Tao's real names^^ Kay. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter with it's Kai, HunHan drama and SuYeol and TaoRis moments:D Now, moving on to the welcomes:D

Hello there Translationmania, kpop_heart, biirdie, ApplePie, HepHapBBC, kidpham95, ja_chan12, cherioslee:D I hope you guys enjoy my storrrryyyy:D And feel free to comment!:D I don't biteXD

COMMENT REPLIES~

@mikuwari28: I never thought of it that way:O OMG Thinking about it now, they actually have a lot in common:O But most outstanding similarity are their grins:D It's so kayoot and contagiousXD

@nicute24: It was SooMan who planned this! I mean he put two vehicles underground with no way out so I figured where else would he hide a dragon? LOLXD I feel sorry for the real life SooMan though because I just made him look really stupid>< AND LMAO. I see what you did with the "Bright Idea" LMAO. The SeHun of this fic will have a giggle-fit if I tell him about thisXD

@Kironstree: And with this update: A dragon called Krunchy!XD

@AlteaAuroraRia: SeHun has arrivvvveeeeedddd~~ Kekekeke

@PrncssPatty: i think you have:> And thank you for supporting it^^ Btw, do one of your questions happen to be "What happened to HunHan?":D Hehehehe

@BlossomB: The epic-ness has yet to arrive>< Dang if only the 10 Exo members focus on their mission already. Maybe in the next chapter....

@ForeverCellist: YAY!:D Which part of America? My parents actually plan to migrate to LA around this June so maybe you could tell me what to expect^^v Hehe

@HepHapBBC: If you watched Ta-Dah! It's BAP, that's BAP's "Home planet" LOL. And honestly, in the show, I only saw "B1A4" tooXD And HunHan sorting out their problems... So. Close. And Tao confessing.... Once again, So. Close. Dang><

@ja_chan12: Then I hope you appreciated the HunHan moment then:3 And I feel so flattered>< Thank you sososososos much>v< And don't worry, ChanYeol will NEVER forget Bacon:3 That and I update on a daily basis, so you won't miss mexD

Thank you for reading this chapter!:D Until tomorrow my faithful readers~~~~