Dead Sea {Onew}

Memoirs

 

It was cold and dark. We were shivering, floating in the water. From afar, we saw the ship sank slowly. Screaming can still be heard, but I can’t do anything except from watching them, fell into the water one by one.
 
 
“Are you cold?” you asked, worried about me.
 
“No, I’m hot as a fire.” I sarcastically replied. I know you are trying to be nice, but I’m not really in the mood to be nice.
 
“Hey, no need to be sarcastic. I was just asking.” You sulked. Oh, how I love it when you pouts.
 
“I know. I’m sorry.” I caressed your face, forcing a smile on my tight jaw.
 
“You know what, we look like Jack and Rose in the Titanic when they are floating in the sea.”  You laughed. “Romantic isn’t it?”
 
“Yeah, except that there is no freaking floating wood right now that can save us from freezing and drowning.” 
 
“Who needs a wood, when you have me?” you look at me while laughing at your own corny sentence.
 
“Ugh….. So corny.” I rolled my eyes at your remark but still managed to crack a smile. 
 
 
It was dark. We have been here for a few hours, floating around while waiting for someone to save us. But there is none coming. You hug me tightly, trying to warm up our bodies. I snuggled up to you, feeling your hot breath tickling my neck.
 
 
“Jinki, sing to me.” I whispered softly. I miss your soft silky voice. Who knows when I can hear them again.
 
 
You didn’t say anything and just hummed softly. I know that song anywhere. ‘Honesty’, my favourite song. I love how you sang in that song. Your voice sounds so pure and soft, like a pure silk. 
 
 
Tears start to fall down, flowing on my cheeks. “Jinki, I think we’re going to die.”
 
“Shhhh… Don’t say that. We will be safe. Trust me.” You comforted me with a soothing voice. You my hair softly, playing with them while humming the same song. I felt calm. I can endure this. I can survive through this.
 
 
We keep on being in that position, close to each other. You cooed me to sleep. I try hard to withstand the sleepiness, but I can’t. Slowly, my eyelids started to drop. 
 
 
I was freezing, I was shivering. But then, my body started to warm up. Lights started to penetrate my eyes. I open my eyes slowly. I’m not floating anymore. There is no water around me. 
 
 
Where am I actually? My eyes wandered around the bright lit room. It was empty except for a white marble floor underneath my feet. I figured that I have leaved the world. But where are you? I haven’t seen you anywhere. I guess you are still there, in the sea hugging my lifeless body.
 
 
I sat down, waiting for you. I hummed to our song softly. Then, I heard another voice joined me. I turn around, and saw you walking towards me with your big smile. 
 
 
“How long have you been waiting?” you asked while embracing me.
 
“Quite a while. What took you so long?”
 
“I guess God is having a tough time to let me go.” You smile. “Why, did you miss me?” you asked cockily.
 
“Oh, shut up.” I hit your arm playfully, cracking a smile. 
 
We stared at each other lovingly and with our hands grasp tightly, we start our new endless journey together towards a new dimension.
 
 
 
__________________________________________________________________
 
so how was it? 
i hope it is ok ^^
please give some comments dear readers
 
 
29 MARCH 2012