Let Go Of The Past

When Love Ends

"I-I'm sorry! Oh my God what is this" i quickly change the channel. My heart beats ten times faster.

"Pffft, it's okay. Don't mind me if you want to watch it. I'll just eat your cake" he said.

"What? NO! I don't want to watch it! I don't want to watch it." i pout and he giggled.

"You want to do it then?"


I froze. Both of us are looking at each other. He put smirk on his face and started to laugh.

"Ha ha ha ha.. God, Rin i'm just kidding! Why are you so silly!" he messed my hair and i was like, phew, he was joking around. "But it will be me, okay?

"What's that?" i asked and he giggled.

"The person, it will be me, right?" he continues. I still don't get it. "Oh my God, the love scene okay! You! Me! Got it?" he explained and now i understand. I nodded slowly and he smiled.

"But after i'm turning 20 okay!" i warned him and he nodded playfully.

"After you're turning 20, will you marry me?" he suddenly said that and my heart beats faster. Never i imagine to be his wife nor he's being my husband. I just staring at him and he widened his eyes. "No? You're not going to marry me?"

"O-Of course! Why wouldn't i marry you" i said and both of us just smile awkwardly. It's normal for us, smiling awkwardly at each other. We've been together for about 3 or 4 months, but still, when it comes about our relationship, i'm still feeling awkward and really really shy.

"Oh yeah, the cake" he started after 10 seconds of awkwardness. "I love it so much! Try to make it every week, okay?" he giggled.

"You like strawberries?"

"M-hm! And chocolate too, and watermelon too, and potato chips, anything sweet! Especially lollipops" he said and i giggled. "What is it?"

"Ha ha.. No, it's just that we've been together for 4 months but i just know it today. Kinda weird but yeah i'll try to make it every week" i said.

"Oh, yeah. Why didn't i tell you before, huh? So, your birthday is 3 weeks again, right?" he asked and i nodded. "What do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything to be honest. But it's up to you, i don't want to troubled you" i said. He nodded and starts to think. "I don't need jewelry or something expensive okay" i continues and he smirked.

"Like i will give you jewelry? Ha ha ha.." he said playfully and i hit his hand.


I'm sitting on a sofa, watching a drama with my gege. Suddenly my phone rings and i see it, it's from Lay. I hesitate but answer it.

"Yes?"

"Rin, i'm in front of your house, can i get in?" he said and i stand up quickly.

"Y-You're in front of my house? What are you doing?" i asked and i glanced on gege. He widened his eyes, like asking who's the caller. I said 'Lay' without making any noise and he pouts weirdly, curious what is Lay doing in front of our house.

"I need to talk about something. If i can't go inside, do you want to hang out for awhile?" he asked.

"H-Hang out?" i glanced at gege again and he said 'No! No!' and i was like 'what should i do then?'

"Yeah, i need to talk about something. Please" he begged and i cannot say anything but approve it.

"Okay then but please give me time to change clothes" i said and he aggres. I end the call and gege is staring at me weirdly.

"You said okay? Why?" he asked curiously and i sighed.

"I don't know why but i want to know what he wanted to say" i replied as i walk upstairs and change my clothes. I go down but again, gege is pouting. "What again, gege?"

"Don't betray Tao" he said.

"I won't okay! It's just that, it's been almost 3 weeks since the last time i talked to him. So there will be something wrong about it" i said. Gege nodded.

"Okay. Tell me what he wanted to say, deal? Or else i won't permitted you to go out with him even only for awhile."

"Yes, gege. See you" i waved as i open the door. Lay is sitting on his motorcycle and glanced at me just when i open the door.

"Hey" he said and stand up. "Here, wear the helmet." he throw the hemlet to me and i catch it. I wear it as i get on his morotcycle. He drives away. I don't know where does he want to go right now, but i have no choice, i have to follow him since i'm on his motorcycle. He stopped in front of N Seoul Tower. He leads me inside and stopped in front of the lock where Lay wrote down our name even when we're not a couple. He brings the key. He unlocked it and give me the locket.

"What for?" i asked him and he smiles.

"Since our relationship has officially end. I want to end our memories too." he said. I gulped down.

"Ah, yeah." i said slowly.

"Don't worry about how things might turn up. Just remember, i'll always be there when you need me. I will never hate you. So i want you to be happy with Tao. Maybe he had told you about i didn't give you to him just to make you feel sad. That's what i want to say. It's true that i didn't gave you to him if in the end you'll feel sad. I'm so sorry for saying that. Just be happy okay?" he smiles and give the key too. "Now you can throw it away, and this.." he take something from his pocket, a new locket and a key. "Write down your name and Tao's name. Lock it and keep the key. If you want, just throw the key away so that nobody can unlock the locket. Especially me." he explained. I write down my name and Tao, and then lock it on the fence. I stare at it for awhile and he smiles.

"Sorry for not being there when you need me that time" he said.

"Let's just forget about it, Lay. You too. You have to find another girl" i said but he shook his head.

"Until you marry Tao, i won't find another girl" he said.