chapter twenty one.

Dream Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcjApSFOj8


Your front door slammed shut at midnight. You scrambled out of bed and ran out of your room, expecting to see an intruder, but you saw Baekhyun, who was swaying as he walked towards the couch. He collapsed on the couch. He was drunk. Your eyes widen. He looked at you. His eyes were no longer clear as usual. It looked just the same when you both met. Cold, dark, and piercing.
Just then Chanyeol called you. You picked up the phone. "Hyemi, is Baekhyun there?" he asked.
"Yes..."
"Good. Don't let him leave until he comes back to reality."
You glanced at Baekhyun who was still staring at you. "Why not?"
There was a short silence. Then you heard shouting in the background. "AISH THAT IDIOT. HE KNOWS WELL NOT TO DRINK AND HE COMES HERE AND PUNCHES LAY?!" you heard D.O's voice.
*He punched Lay?* "Okay... I won't," you promised Chanyeol. You both hung up.

You looked at Baekhyun in disbelief. He glared at you. "What's gotten into you today? First you leave Sehun's party, then, you don't show up for work. Now you come here drunk after you've punched Lay-ssi?"
He continued to glare at you. "Why do you care? Just care about your little precious Sehun and Lay, twerp," he said coldly.
You flinched. *Why is he acting like this now?* "Baekhyun--"
"I'm going to sleep," he said and pulled a blanket over him.
"Yah--" you started to say, but then you heard him snoring. You groaned and walked back to your room, slamming the door shut.

Baekhyun laid there under the blanket. He couldn't help but feel like a stupid idiot. For falling for you. *You're an idiot, Byun Baekhyun. You really are. Just pretend that you're both strangers. Like you both should've been before...*

You sat on your bed and sighed. You looked to your right where you saw tree branches outside the window. You sighed once more. You couldn't stop worrying about Baekhyun. *He's changed. A lot... Not into the person who I want him to be. And not the person who he really is... You're an idiot, Hyemi. Don't fall in love. And just continue on with your life. Just... Pretend that he's nothing but like how you both were before this all started. Just strangers. Nothing more...*


You woke up the next morning, and didn't find Baekhyun anywhere in your apartment. You sighed and just continued to think that you were both just strangers. You sighed and walked out the door.
It was Sunday. No work. No friends to be with. Nothing to do. And no Baekhyun. You silently walked down Chanyeol's street, ending up at the park. You walked around the park many times.

"Oppa! Thanks for coming with me today! We're going to have a wonderful time today!" Chaemi said, hugging Baekhyun's arm as she was eating her ice cream. Baekhyun stayed silent. Chaemi frowned. "Oppa, what's wrong? You're not smiling a lot..."
He sighed. "Sorry. I'm just not in a good mood today," he admitted. He looked down at the ground. Suddenly he accidentally bumped into you. He looked up and saw you on the ground. You both met each others eyes. *Hyemi...* He looked away and grabbed Chaemi's hand. "Let's go, Chaemi. We're going to be late for the movie," he said and walked away, without even bothering to help you back up.

You sat there, motionless. Not knowing what to do. You let out a sigh and slowly stood up, brushing the dirt of yourself.

Baekhyun glanced back at you. Feeling heartbroken, and anger at the same time. He knew that it wasn't your fault that Lay kissed you. It was Kai. But he was still mad that you didn't do anything to make them both stop you from having Lay kiss you accidentally on the lips. He looked away and let go of Chaemi's hand. Chaemi looked at him, pouting. "What's wrong oppa?"
"Nothing," he said and walked ahead.
"Wait for me oppa!" Chaemi said, cutely and ran up to catch up with him.


OHOHO MORE DRAMAH~~
Hmm.. I feel like this fanfic is going downhill... :((

I needed to finish this before my mom takes my laptop.
I can only do one update tomorrow! I have after school orchestra!
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEHUNNIE~ <3