Chapter 18

Rumours & Roses

“To ask or not to ask… now that is the question.” Kyuhyun sighed. Henry laughed at the elder’s random words.

“What?” the younger asked. Kyuhyun and Henry were at the mall. They sat in ‘pizza pizza’ eating, after shopping for the past one or two hours.

“Nothing,” Henry quirked an eyebrow, “alright, alright, should I ask or not ask?” Kyuhyun asked suggestively leaning forward, and putting his crossed arms on the table. Henry did the same and mocked the elder’s tone.

“I don’t know Kyuhyun, what is the question?”

“To ask or not to ask…”

“Ha, ha, ha, very funny Kyuhyun,” they sat there in an awkward silence before either of them talked, “why does this feel like one of the awkward first dates? Henry chuckled as he asked the question. Kyuhyun shrugged, he scratched his head.

“Do you want it to be?”Henry tilted hid head not understanding what Kyuhyun meant.

“Huh?”  

“I… don’t know how to make that any clearer.” Kyuhyun said. Henry straightened up when he realized what the other was asking.

“Oh… Ohhh… Ooooohh.”

“So…”  Henry smiled and looked down at his pizza suddenly feeling shy.

“Yeah…” Kyuhyun smiled and nodded. They walked home in silence both smiling. Henry glanced at the other but then ended up staring at his face.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked noticing the younger staring. Henry shrugged.

“You look really cute when you smile…” he said, “You should more often.”

“I will.” Kyuhyun took his hands out of his pocket. He slowly moved his hand near the other’s. He grabbed the latter’s hand; they walked home their fingers interlaced.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

3 weeks later…

It had been a month since classes started and three weeks since Henry and Kyuhyun started to go out. It was announced that Choi Siwon was leaving the school. So the kids had decided to have performances at the school as a way of saying good bye. The posters were up all around the school. Kyuhyun and Henry had decided to do a performance themselves, Henry on the piano and Kyuhyun singing.  Henry was the one who picked the song.

“Why do you want this particular song again?” Kyuhyun asked turning back to face the other.

“Because this is the only song I know how to play on the piano,” Henry said. Kyuhyun laughed.

“Alright. Nothing better it is then.”

Henry had lied it wasn’t the only song he knew how to play but he wanted to hear Kyuhyun sing it. He’s never heard anyone sing that song quite as well, well other than… Henry tried to convince himself that he was not trying to get Zhoumi back. Even though he was successful and was able to enjoy the song sung by Kyuhyun, he still had that nagging pain behind his head telling him that what he was doing was wrong.

_ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _

I’m not trying to get Zhoumi back; I mean that’s stupid… I’m not stupid… Henry paced around in his room unable to sleep.Kyuhyun is his own person, and that’s why I like him. I mean I don’t like him just because he has a beautiful voice… like Zhoumi did. Or because he always understands how I feel… like Zhoumi did. Or because he always smells like chocolate… like Zhoumi did. Henry was about to walk out of his room to get a glass of water when his cell phone wrung. He took the phone and checked the caller ID.

Home Calling…  It said. Henry looked at it in confusion but then pressed the green button.

“Hello?” Henry tried to sound ignorant and too busy to talk as if he was on a business call.

Henry-ah” Henry wanted to sound harsh and as if he didn’t care about his dad anymore. He wanted to prove to his father that he was independent and did not need him. But hearing his voice again after more than one and a half months, he realized how much he had missed it. His voice cracked as he tried to speak, without Henry noticing, tears ran down his cheeks. 

“D-dad?”

I’m sorry Henry,” the voice said, “I still can’t accept… this… but… but I’ll try.” Henry could hear the honesty in his words. “I’m really sorry Henry… I shouldn’t have said those things, despite everything, you’re still my son.”  Henry sobbed.

“Thanks Dad.”

Comeback Henry,” his dad said, “You’re only fifteen you should be staying with us. You will wouldn’t you?” Henry paused to think for a moment before answering. Kyuhyun and Shindong, they were almost like family to Henry by now. He did love his parents but he wasn’t sure about this.

“I don’t know dad, I’ll call you tomorrow morning.” Before his dad had a chance to reply he cut the phone and turned it off. He tossed the phone on to his bed before he headed towards Kyuhyun’s room.  The door to Kyuhyun’s room was slightly open, the light was on but Henry peeked in to make sure that Kyuhyun wasn’t asleep.

There was someone else in the room, it was Shindong. Henry stopped when he heard, Shindong almost yelling at Kyuhyun but trying to keep it down. Henry’s ear sharpened when he heard his name in their conversation.

“Kyu you have to break up with Henry.” Henry gasped at Shindong’s words. He shut his mouth with his hands to make sure he wasn’t heard. “This isn’t fair to him.”

“Hyung, I'm over Sungmin, how many times do I have to tell you that?”

“No you’re not Kyuhyun… you know that, I know that…” Henry’s heart fell to the pit of his stomach.  There was a silence before Shindong spoke again. “Break up with him, it‘s better for him AND you… start going out when you stop comparing him to Sungmin…”

“Hy-“

“The only thing they have in common is that heart… and if that is what caused you to like him… that’s not real…” Henry heard foot steps approaching the door. He didn’t give it a second thought before got up and started rushing to his room. Before he got there he tripped and fell. He heard louder and faster foot steps now, this time there were two pairs. He was on his knees trying to get up, looking for something he could grab on to when Kyuhyun helped him up.

“Henry! Are you alright?”

“What happened?”

“I-I'm fine,” Henry pulled his had away from Kyuhyun and limped his room as Kyuhyun followed, “Dad called.” Henry said.  

“Oh…”

“He wants me to come home.” Henry glanced at Kyuhyun who had a betrayed look on his face. “He’s okay with it now… I was coming to tell you that.” He said coldly.

“Oh…” Henry took his bag and started to fill it with clothes. Kyuhyun crossed his arms and sighed watching the other.

“Do you really have to go now? I mean, can’t you wait till tomorrow morning? It already 9 O’clock.” Kyuhyun walked closer to Henry and put his arms around his waist, hugging him from the back. “Can’t you stay? ...tonight?”

“I…” Henry broke away from Kyuhyun. “I can’t” He scrambled around the room picking up all his clothes, not daring to look into the other’s eyes.

“Alright…” Kyuhyun helped Henry pack. Neither of them spoke. Henry was about finished and was zipping up the bag when Kyuhyun pointed at a pink and black checker shirt that was hanging on the handle of the door.  “Aren’t you going to take that one?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Why should I?” he said uncaringly.

“I bought that shirt for you, it’s yours.” Kyuhyun said not understanding Henry’s sudden change in attitude.

“Why?”

“I thought you would’ve liked it, it looks good on you…” Not understanding why Henry was acting this way, Kyuhyun watched Henry as he made the bed.  Henry paused in his actions and turned to face him slowly.

“Me?” Henry’s voice was low, the tone nothing like he had ever heard, “Or Sungmin? You thought Sungmin would have looked good in it? He would have liked it?” Kyuhyun’s eye widened, not wanting to believe what the other said. Kyuhyun stared at Henry, words leaving him, and Henry held his gaze, the younger’s lip trembling and eyes glistening.

“That’s… that’s just ridiculous.” Kyuhyun said with a raspy voice.

“Is it? Is it really Kyuhyun?” Henry walked near to Kyuhyun and grabbed the shirt in his hand. He threw it on to the bed.  “That café we always hang out at and we always buy the same thing? I don’t like it, you don’t like it! But you know someone who does? Sungmin! Not me!” Henry panted, the tears flowing down his cheeks.

“Henry, it’s-”

“It’s not like that? Alright, you’ve told me that you hate watching reality shows, and I told you I hate it too, but you always put it on when we watch T.V.”

“Henry…”

“Kyuhyun I'm not Sungmin! And I’ll never be him!” Grabbing the bag Henry stormed out the room and downstairs. Kyuhyun stood there in complete shock for a couple of moments before he rushed to catch up to him.

“Wait!” Henry was about to walk out the door when Kyuhyun grabbed his hand. Henry once again broke away from Kyuhyun.

“Thanks for letting me stay.” Henry said as he walked out.

“. ! !” Kyuhyun punched the nearest thing to him. The sound of breaking glass resounded through the apartment. The mirror broke and so did his wrist bone, there was a piece of glass sticking out of his knuckle. Kyuhyun pulled it out before staring at his bleeding hand.

“.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yeah,, I know I'm sorry, some of you may feel like this fic is never ending but.... dont worry it will end.. soon...

ish

and dont worry, this fight does have point... Im not trying to just elongate it.

So yup c ya when the next chapter is up! I hope you enjoyed this one. <3

comments are love!!!!! 'less than three' <3 'less than three'