Chapter nine – sleepover.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter nine – sleepover.

“W..wait a minute.” I muttered as we began closing in. Since my voice was weak, I doubted Minhyun heard it, but he did. When I asked him to, he slowed down for a while then came to a stop.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I..can I stay over at your place tonight? I don’t think it’s safe going back home like this..” I said.

I heard Minhyun sigh. “True. But I can’t let anyone else find out that you’re there. Do what I say, okay?” he said. I nodded. He probably didn’t see, but he would have felt my  head move up and down against his back.

After a while, we were inside his house’s garage. It was also almost as big as mine was. Maybe not as, but it was definitely big.

Minhyun led me to his room and took out a fresh towel from the closet. “Take a bath.” He said, handing me the towel. “Afterwards, you can search for something in the closet and wear. I’ll go make something for us to eat.”

I nodded as he walked out. With some hesitation, I walked into the bathroom. I had never been in a boy’s bathroom. Even the bathroom in Woohyun oppa’s room and Infinite’s dorm.

I expected it to be really messy since mother always yelled at Woohyun oppa for making his bathroom dirty. Surprisingly, MInhyun’s bathroom was really neat. Sparkling clean would be an insult to the bathroom. It was that neat.

After I took a bath, I dried myself with the towel and wrapped the towel around my body and walked out. To my surprise, just as I walked out, Minhyun came into the room.

His face flushed into a cute shade of pink as he quickly closed the door. “I’m sorry.” He called from the other side of the door.

I smiled. He wasn’t the first person who had done that. It was a daily thing for Woohyun oppa to do. But since it was Minhyun, I could understand why he was embarrassed.

I quickly searched his closet for something to wear and finally took a clean shirt and wore it. since he was almost reaching my knees, I didn’t bother wear anything from below.

I quickly went and opened the door. I didn’t realize that Minhyun was leaning against it, when I opened it, he fell backwards, right on top of me.

“Uh, sorry.” I muttered as he got on his legs. He just nodded and offered me his hand to stand up.

“I called Jonghyun. He said they won’t be coming back until late so it’s safe for now.” He said, leading me to the dining room where he had neatly placed the table. “I made ramen since I didn’t know anything else to make.”

“It’s ten already. Isn’t that late?” I asked, looking at the wall clock.

“It’s early for us. They’ll be back around twelve, but you’d be asleep by then, won’t you?” he asked. I shrugged and nodded.

“I like it.” I said, taking a mouthful of ramen.

“Shouldn’t girls know table manners more? You shouldn’t talk with food in your mouth.” Minhyun scolded.

I smiled at him. “Sorry. But I wanted to ask. Do you guys always break in to a car or something when you go home after school? We live a thirty minute drive from Seoul.”

“Inyong hyung brings us home.” Minhyun said shortly.

“Oh..” I said. All of a sudden, we heard sounds. Sounds of men. Minhyun stopped eating at once. So did I.

Quickly he gathered most of the stuff there in his hands and made me do the same before rushing me into the room.

“Ah! We’re home, Minhyun-ah!” It was Baekho.

Minhyun quickly locked the door of his room and placed everything on a table inside the room.

“He said they’d be back late..” Minhyun growled under his breath.

“Oh! The door is locked.” We heard Ren say after jingling the lock. Minhyun made me keep everything on the table and jumped onto the bed and pulled the covers over us, his arms enclosed around my body to hide me. I knew I was blushing as he did so.

After a while, we heard the door open. They probably used a key.

“He’s already asleep.” It was Aron this time.

“Let him sleep. It’s been a rough day for him. Us ganging up on him and his noona..” JR spoke.

“I feel guilty, hyung. Why the hell did you have to make us run away? What if noona really beat him up?” Ren asked.

“She wouldn’t. She loves him.” Baekho said.

“She’d beat him up because she loves him.” Ren shot back.

“Drop it, okay? We all feel guilty.” JR said.

“He even ate up here.” Aron said. “I know I’m not cleaning that up.”

“Just let him when he wakes up.” JR’s voice was heard then the door closing. Minhyun shot up at once and went and locked the door.

“Sorry about that.” He said.

I shook my head. “You keep doing me favors, but keep apologizing. Almost as if you don’t want to do them.” I said.

“No, I meant…”

“I understand, don’t worry.”

We didn’t speak after that. We just finished up the ramen in silence.

“You can sleep on the bed. I’ll sleep on the floor.” Minhyun said after we finished eating. He had washed the dished using the toilet.

“The bed? Isn’t big? We both can sleep on it.” I said, without realizing his real intention. He gave me a look. He looked like he was going to make a snarky comment but then changed his mind.

“It’s inconvenient.” He said.

I laughed. “We can just sleep at the two ends, right? I’d feel guilty if you slept on the floor because of me while you could sleep on the bed.”

Minhyun stared at me for a while then sighed. “Fine.” He said and took a shirt and pair of shorts of out the closet and went into the bathroom to change.

I quickly used the chance to get in bed and sleep first. I was tired after the night. I didn’t know how, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell into a dreamless slumber at once.

.

When Minhyun came out of the bathroom, he saw that Yuri was already sleeping. He smiled when he saw her.

Strangely, this girl was making him smile a lot. Even if he was pretending he had smiled a lot because of a girl. She was the first girl to make him smile like that.

Minhyun got second thoughts of sleeping on the floor but then due to his selfishness, he climbed onto the bed.

“Goodnight, Madam G.”

-

I woke up the next morning due to suffocation. Literally. When I woke up, I wasn’t able to breathe nicely.

Minhyun had me trapped between his arms and his body.

“Now I get what you meant by inconvenient.” I muttered trying to squiggle out of his arms. Thankfully, I succeeded. After getting out, I did all morning things and quickly crept downstairs in hope of making NU’EST, specifically Minhyun something to eat.

But as soon as I touched the doorknob, Minhyun jumped from the bed.

“What are you doing? Do you want to be caught or something?” he asked, making me move forcefully.

“It’s six in the morning, they can’t possibly be up.” I said, rolling my eyes as Minhyun made me sit on his bed.

“But you’re up.” Minhyun pointed out.

“One, I’m the daughter of a perfectionist. I’ve been trained since birth to wake up by this time. Two, I wasn’t able to breathe. Somebody was making me his teddy bear.” I said, giving Minhyun a look.

“What did I say about inconvenience?” he asked.

“I was only trying to be human by asking you to sleep on the bed.”  I said, pouting.

“Okay, can we please not talk about beds and sleeping on them together? I get a really bad image in my head.” Minhyun said, shaking his head.

“And I just wanted to replay a favor by making you something to eat and yet you make me forcefully be trapped in your room.” I said, purposely making him suffer.

“Yah! I said stop it.” he said, annoyed. “I’ll let you go down, don’t get caught.”

My face brightened up. For a moment, I felt like jumped on him and hugging him but realized that also would be inconvenient.

With quick steps, I crept downstairs with Minhyun on my tail. Just as soon as we got to the kitchen I gasped. Minhyun held my mouth and turned around. But it was too late.

Jonghyun oppa had already seen me.

--

A/N: short chapter? sorry! i have a chemistry class test tomorrow, chem tution in five minutes and esactly fifteen minutes after, maths tution. after that, i have homework from english, maths, physics and even biology! I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M SURVIVING THIS! >.<

well, anyways, things don't really go the way you plan them to, do you? minhyun has been getting yuri's trust, little by little. and they slept on the same bed! hey, i don't like for things to speed up, it's going to go little by little ;P

but then again, do you think minhyun went up to the bed by his selfishness or because he was scared that something might happen to yuri? or maybe that she might cry? boys' minds are hard things to read. poor yuri is the one who has to suffer.

and what's this? uh oh! a cliffhanger! another one! i've put a lot of them in this story, haven't i? so sorry! it might make the reader's heart race but it makes the writer laugh evilly.

so wait for it.

if you want to know what happens next, henry says that once you click the 'subscribe' button, virtual cookies will come out! so what are you waiting for? read and enjoy! henry gave cookies to all who subscribed, right? thankie so much, subbers! you're all always loved! ^^ ♥

 

teaser for next chapter...

“Aish, what is love anyway?” he moaned and scratching his head went to wake up the other boys.

x

“Don’t lie to me, Hwang Minhyun."

x

“You slept on the same bed?!”

x

“So…cold…” he whispered. “Yuri…I’m so cold..” he whispered. 

x

Even when he called, she didn’t pick up. “Aish, what has gotten into that girl…” he hissed.

 

AAH. CHEM CLASS TEST. I'M GOING TO FAIL IN THIS! T.T