chapter thirty nine – heartstrings.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

chapter thirty nine- heartstrings.

Hyein bit back the smile that itched to take over her face when she heard the constant chuckles and laughter of the half siblings from behind her, in the living room.

It was so cute, so perfect. The rare moments that they had as actual siblings not only brought bliss to their hearts, but also to those who saw them.

For Hyein, it looked like a scene out of a movie.

Jonghyun’s undying love for his half sister.

It was beautiful.

Too beautiful, actually. Too beautiful to remain beautiful. Something, eventually, would ruin it. And that something just happened to be the clashing of the mothers.

Something Woohyun had worried about, ever since his half brother, Jonghyun, had moved away. Something that made even Hyein get chills.

The faces of the half siblings brightened when Hyein handed them their hot chocolate.

“Hyein noona’s hot chocolate is the best!” Jonghyun boasted to Yuri and she looked at Hyein who blushed in a light shade of pink.

“Unnie, you have to teach me how to make it!”

She was cute, Hyein immediately decided. Very cute. The boys were very lucky.

-

Minhyun came out after a while. The bond between Hyein and Yuri had tightened, much to his appreciation.

“Where’s hyung?” he asked, taking a seat next to Jonghyun who shrugged in reply and handed Hyein the mug he had emptied.

“Thank you, unnie.” Yuri said. All the three remaining, smiled.

There was silence, for a while, as Yuri fiddled with her hair, Jonghyun with the buttons on his shirt and Minhyun with his fingers. The silence was too much for Jonghyun to take.

“Toilet.” He said dismissively and got up, leaving the space empty between Minhyun and Yuri.

Once again, there was silence.

Minhyun was the one to break it. “You didn’t pick up.” He said, still fiddling with his fingers. “When I called.”

“You didn’t realize.” Yuri replied, in the same tone as Minhyun. “That I’d be studying.”

Oh shoot. I didn’t. But it was too late for that now.

“And neither did you realize that you and I are different.”  She was looking at him now, with a meaningful glance. She didn’t need to say it, but some part of her tempted her to. “You might do whatever you want, I’m still under my mother’s power.”

“Which you can break free of.” Minhyun replied at once, making eye contact with her. “And don’t you dare say no, because our Jonghyun isn’t going to stop until you do.” And neither am I.

“I love him, Jonghyun oppa, I really do. But I wonder, what actually am I to him, to you? What exactly did I do to get you guys to be this nice, this sweet to me?”she asked. Her question was innocent and clueless, but it caught Minhyun off guard. “Was it something I did in my previous life?”

It took him a while, but he managed to come up with an answer. “You changed us, Yuri.”

Third time, Yuri thought. That was the third time he said ‘Yuri’.

“Me, who used to rarely say a word and almost get married with my books or guitar, Minki, who used to be so immersed in games or his looks, Aron hyung, who would do nothing but nag us about cleanliness,  Dongho, who used to freak off everyone around him with his glares and spend all his time practicing material arts. And of course, Jonghyun, who would resort to violence, first thing.

He changed the most, you know. Even today, you know. I was surprised when Minki told me that Jonghyun didn’t flip a table or break a locker.” Minhyun was smiling now. “It’s amazing, actually. How you’ve changed us. How you’ve made such a big impact in our lives. You used to be only significant to Jonghyun, but now, even Minki and Aron hyung can’t go to sleep if they aren’t assured that you are safe in your room.

“It’s amazing, in a good way.”

Minhyun amazed himself with the speech he made. When he glanced at Yuri, he could see that her ears were pink, playing with the carpet below with her feet, smiling like a cute little dork.

It was all true, Yuri’s impact on their lives. It was big, but it didn’t matter to them. Not anymore.

“And not only that, you’ve made Jonghyun smile and laugh more than he ever does. For that fact alone, I swear I’ll be at your service with just one call. That’s all you need to remember. We may be different, but that isn’t going to change the fact that you changed us, and that you’ve become a big part of our lives. And I will, I swear, be by your side when you need me. I swear.”

Yuri looked up at Minhyun. His eyes showed that he was encouraged, determined.

Nothing will stop me.

Unspoken words made Yuri’s heartstrings go crazy.

“Thank you, Minhyun.” I depend on you.

“It’s the least I can do.” That’s what I want you to do.

Little did they know, it wasn’t only Yuri’s heartstring going crazy.   


 

shotuout!

MinRi moments for all of you lovelies out there! I skipped school to update today, yay~! 
Omomomo, did you guys watch Hello? Nam Yoora should be changed into Nam Bora. All es are the same. (No offence, I love the actress) JR KISSED HER TWICE.
Besides that, whe is a BAP fan? Omg, I cried at the alternate ending where Youngjae betrayed BAP.
the other ending was my style. in the end, everyone died. (touchingly awesome) Those who know me, would probably know what i mean by everyone dying.
anyways, the end for now.