Chapter twenty eight - personality switch.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter twenty eight - peronality switch.

“What are you guys doing here?” Woohyun oppa asked, frowning. His gaze wandered from the NU’EST boys until it got locked with Mihi.

“Mihi-ah, what are you doing here?” He asked, his frown getting deeper. “Don’t you have to meet your parents? Your mother called ours and was really worried.”

All our gazes shifted towards Mihi. I also frowned. Mihi had never mentioned that she was busy. She didn’t even seem like it by how she agreed so easily to come with me.

“Uhh…it slipped my mind.” Mihi mumbled fidgeting having all eyes on her. “I’m sorry.”

“Do you need a ride? I can take you to your house.” Woohyun oppa suggested.

“Thanks, oppa.” She smiled. Then turned to me with an apologetic look. “I forget. I’m sorry but I have to go, Yuri-ah.”

Despite the fact that I was still confused I smiled. “It’s okay. Do come back if you finish soon.”

“Arasso.” Giving me a hug, she turned to go away with oppa.

We all watched them leave silently. Nothing much was said, as nothing much was to be.

At least, that was so, until the shadows of Woohyun oppa and Mihi disappeared from the doorway. That was when the unheard talk between the NU’EST boys began.

Aron sent Minhyun an accusing glance while JR raised his eyebrow at him. Baekho and Ren’s expressions looked as if they were trying to find out what was going on, from the other three’s face. Minhyun simply shrugged and turned to JR. Their expressions changed.

After exchanging more unsaid words, Minhyun began walking towards the door.

“Where ar…”

“Don’t do anything rash.” JR’s firm, steady voice drowned that of my own. My gaze shifted back to JR. He was staring at Minhyun’s retreating back, with an emotion I was unable to describe. Confidence? That was the closest a word could get to describing the look on his face.

Inside my head, I began feeling uneasy. Everything was happening in front of my eyes. I felt part of what was happening. But I felt missing. As if I didn’t fit it.

My hands balled into fists, as I tried to control myself. I couldn’t. I  just couldn’t. what was happened? What was wrong? Why is everything so confusing?

“I’ll be back.”

It was Minhyun’s voice. When I looked at his direction he was gone.

He wasn’t talking to anyone in specific, his words were meant for all five of us in general.

But I felt as if he was speaking to me. I didn’t know why, but I felt as if he knew about my uneasiness. As if he knew I was confused. As if he would do something about it.

Arasso, Hwang Minhyun. I’ll wait for you to be back.

-

“Dong Mihi.”

Woohyun and Mihi froze in their steps, hearing the voice filled with authority. The one that belonged to Hwang Minhyun.  

“Or should I say, Kim Mihi? Its been a while. Did I piss you off back there?” Minhyun walked towards them with a smirk on his face. “Hyung, don’t you think the kid is pissed?”

Woohyun also smiled as Minhyun stopped at Mihi’s other side. “Are you pissed, Mihi-ah?” he asked. But unlike Minhyun’s voice, his voice sounded more caring, that trying to make her feel inferior. “You know, you shouldn’t be pissed at your elders.”

Mihi closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Then she took a look at both males. “Are you both going to bully me or get me out of here?”

Minhyun scoffed as Woohyun laughed. “Darling Mihi,” he said, lifting her face up with two fingers. “This isn’t bullying. It’s merely a warning.”

Before she knew what was going on, Mihi’s back was touching the wall, and Minhyun hand was on her shoulder, preventing her from moving. His face was darkened, no longer scoffing or smirking. Just dark.

“Listen, Mihi-ah,” Woohyun said, coming from behind Minhyun. “Don’t do anything to my baby sister, okay? Or to Jonghyun. Just know what’s coming to you.”

“Me?” Mihi scoffed. “You think I’d do anything to Yuri? This bastard’s the one you should be worried about.” Mihi growled, glaring at Minhyun. “His cousin who doesn’t know who he is? Who was stolen from him?” she scoffed. “Who are you ting?”

“You’re getting on my nerves.” Minhyun growled, still not letting go of Mihi’s shoulder.

“You, as well as I, know that Jonghyun oppa doesn’t care about his cousin. And that his cousin knows everything. And that his cousin is a .” She said. “Why? Because that of a cousin is me. What do you think you’re doing, feeding Yuri all the lies? Making it seem as if she is the victim? The innocent lamb who doesn’t know two s about a huge family duel going on.”

That got him. That got Minhyun.

That got Minhyun mad.

He applied pressure to Mihi’s shoulder with his right hand as he grabbed her face with his left. “You’re right, you little . This is bullying. As much as I’m against it, get used to it. Keep up that attitude in front of me, you’ll be getting more of this.

“So listen here. I did you a favor, covering up your story by mixing it with Yuri’s. So do one for me. Get the out of our life. Nam Yuri is my property. My property with you are not getting your hands on. You better not try to steal her away from me. You do it, and you’ll regret it. As long as things go on as they are now, you might be able to continue the easy life you are living now.” He said. “Else wise, get ready to say bye bye. Media will eat you up, Kim Mihi.”

“Do I look like I care?” Mihi spat at him.

Minhyun was about to squeeze her face when Woohyun pulled him away. “Consider this warning one. By the third one, we’ll start to act. I haven’t forgotten, Mihi-ah. I just played dumb. I haven’t forgotten, neither have I forgiven.”

“Why did you play dumb oppa?” Mihi asked Woohyun. “Why did you let his bastard get so close to Yuri? He’s the only threat in our lives.”

“He isn’t any much more of a threat than you are.” Woohyun stated, monotonously. Then turned to Minhyun. “I beg of you, don’t cause a scene in front of mom. If possible, pretend you don’t even know her. Same to Jonghyun.”

“Why is it that everyone is making it seem as if I’m supid?” Minhyun sighed. “I won’t. Not in front of Yuri, at least.”

“That, itself, is enough for me.”

 


 

shotuout!

its been a long time, i know!, i'm sorry! my life is sort of hectic. i don't even get an hour's rest after school OTL.
but anyways, hope you enjoy the update.
more confusion, right?
aha, even though you'll complain, i know you'll love it. :P
samyeol unnie, this one's for you! c: ♥