Chapter twenty seven – his cousin.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter twenty seven - his cousin.

The ride to the studio was awkward.

Well, I would consider it awkward.

It wasn’t mother who came to pick us up. It was some guy whom she was having a fling with. Some Junshik, or something was his name.

A dead rich guy, might I add. It wasn’t the company’s van, it was his own van, colored in bright gold and black.

In normal cases, I might have loved the colors but in this case..

“Who the hell painted this van?” Baekho had whispered to me when we climbed in. The rest of NU’EST was also as freaked out. Mihi’s hair was literally standing.

Yes, the paintjob was horrible.

During the ride, the guy kept chattering about how awesome the company was and how nice they were to trainees.

Peh. Did mother order you to act like this?

Mihi was helping Baekho do his homework (YES, during the ride!) while Ren was playing PES 2012 on his PSP. Aron was playing doodle jump on his iPod (which he let me play too! – and I beat his score!) and JR was listening to music, half asleep. It was Minhyun’s actions that had made my eyes fall out. He was reading a story (English one) and writing a summary of it for English class and listening to music while texting his noona (which I found out when he cursed after receiving a message).

Me? I was staring at Minhyun, awestruck. Was he a human or machine?!

At one point, Minhyun realized I was staring at him and smirked.  I frowned and pretended to look out of the window.

“You want to listen?” he had asked me. Snobbishly, I turned away. But Minhyun had found a way and placed one of the earpieces in my left year.

Surprisingly, it was INFINITE’s Be Mine that he was listening to.

We both were sitting in adjacent seats, same way as Baekho and Mihi, JR and Ren. Aron was in front, suffering the driver.

And in the end, I just couldn’t help myself but help Minhyun with the English summary he was struggling to write.

.

“You might not be pleased with what happened, Yoora.” Junshik said as he picked up Yuri’s mother from her meeting.

“Why would that be so?” Yoora asked, not even expressing the least bit of interest. “I trust my daughter.”

“She seems to be really interested in one of the boys. And even though the boys seem well behaved, I don’t get the feeling they are.” Junshik said. “They look like the best behaved boys but the aura they give off is similar to what rebels do.”

“You’re being too judgmental, baby.” Yoora cooed with a fake smile, his cheek but his expression didn’t change.

“I’m serious, Yoora.” Junshik said. “If you don’t act, you’ll lose your daughter to them. And Yuri’s pretty, smart and rich. Everything a guy could ask for. You wouldn’t want losing her to any of those boys.”

“My son’s band mate, a dead rich, handsome and smart one, might I add, has Yuri’s heart under his fingers.” Yoora said proudly. “A puny puppy crush from high school can’t drive Myungsoo away from her. Neither will she go away from Myungsoo.”

“Let’s hope you’re right. Two of those boys seemed really cocky to me.” Junshik said.

“Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Nothing you can’t handle.”

.

“Impressive.” Aron mumbled as I lead them into the recording studio. “Better than the one we already record at.”

“Understatement of the year.” Minhyun scorned.

“Have some manners.” I mumbled under my breath, only earning a scoff from Minhyun.

“Well, any place would be better than where we already record at.” Ren said.

“Why?” Curiously, Mihi asked.

“Trailing wires, overloaded sockets, food-”

“And you don’t fear dying in there?!” unable to maintain myself, I demanded. “Those kind of things can lead to shocks, risking your lives.”

The five boys stared at me as if I was insane. It was JR who spoke first. With a crooked smile, which somewhat looked proud in a way, said, “Like we give two s.”

I was about to say something again when Mihi held my hand from behind me, as if telling me to let JR continue.

“Everyone here has something they are risking their lives for.” JR said. “In complete honesty, it mightn’t, though I might doubt it, mean much to them if we died. But it would kill us to know anything bad happened to them. Ren and Minhyun has their older sisters. Aron hyung has his parents. Baekho has his aunts and uncle who raised him.”

His voice hinted sadness. The rest of the boys had turned silent too, letting their leader express all their feelings.

“What about you?” my stupid mouth refrained from keeping shut and asked JR. “Who do you have?”

JR looked at me with a pleased smile. He looked as if he was about to say something when Minhyun’s phone began ringing.

“Sorry.” Minhyun mumbled and picked it up. After an exchange of few words, he handed it to JR. “Noona.” That single word got JR rushing out to talk on the phone.

Who does Jonghyun oppa have?” I asked, this time to the rest of them.

“I don’t think Jonhyun would be pleased if it was us rather than him telling you.” Baekho said with a short smile.

“But I wa-”

“His cousin.” It was Minhyun who spoke. “His cousin whom he loves with all his heart. But she who doesn’t know who he is.”

That made me fall silent for a while.

“He loves her so much that when he was separated from he, he didn’t have any complains, for it was what was best for her.” Minhyun continued. “He sulked, night after night, wondering how she was, whether she remembered him, whether she was getting along good with her studies.”

 “Jonghyun gave up his aristocratic life so that his cousin could have it. Even when her mother illegally stole that life away from his uncle, her father.”

“Shut up, Minhyun.” JR’s voice suddenly came. Minhyun, along with the rest of us, whipped out heads towards the door where JR was standing. “Whatever happened, happened. Illegal or legal.”

Minhyun looked like he was going to say something but then stole a glance at me and shut his mouth. “Your cowardliness is going to make you lose her one day, Jonghyun.” He said, his voice low.

JR didn’t reply. And we just stood near the door, just like that, motionless, all of us absorbing what had happened.

That was, until we saw Nam Woohyun’s head poking inside the doorway of the studio. And he did not look pleased.


                                       shotuout!

an update after a really long time. i really don't have much to say.
comments are much appriciated, subbers are most loved.
lallie, this one's for you. c: