Chapter twenty two – mission MMMY.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter twenty two - mission MMMY.

After a while, we didn’t see the sleek black BMW chasing us. We just assumed that they got stuck in traffic. Under my instructions, we went to Eunbi unnie’s place. It was nothing like before.

The place was untidy, as if it was a store room. Nothing was in place, the CDs, the books and even the kitchen utensils.

“Yep. Noona’s sick.” Minhyun sighed, seeing how the place looked like. I gave him a confused look. “Noona gets violent when she gets sick. So yeah.”

I rolled my eyes at him. Why did I bother to ask?

Eunbi unnie’s room was no different from the living room. Her dresses were everywhere and so were the pillows.

“Oh, Yuri!” Eunbi unnie cried when she saw me. She jumped from her self-cornered position and came up to me and hugged me while sobbing.

I wasn’t able to do anything. When I took a glance around me, I saw Minhyun standing there, looking as awkward as ever, probably feeling guilty.

“Unnie…get a hold of yourself..” I mumbled, as her grasp around my body lessened. She was still sobbing when I helped her sit down.

“It’s not such a big thing, unnie. It’s not like it can ruin your life.” I tried to comfort her, sitting on the floor, placing my hand on her knee. Minhyun just stood by my side.

“It can.” Minhyun said. it was the first time he spoke ever since he saw his sister crying.

I looked up at him.

“It can ruin her life. The reporters won’t leave her or hyung alone, the fans would start crazy rumors, the agencies would keep asking nonstop questions. It’s more than enough to make you want to commit suicide.” He said, running his hand through his hair as if he was frustrated.

“Noona, why?” he asked, looking at her. “You knew this would happen, why did you do it? You didn’t do it on purpose, did you?”

Eunbi looked up at her younger brother. “You know what, you have a strange way of expressing sympathy.” She bluntly told him. Sniffling, she wiped away her tears and managed to smile at him. “But that’s probably one of the few things we share in common.”

From the look on Minhyun’s face, I could tell he was surprised. But that was for a brief moment. His face returned to the usual expressionlessness almost right after. But somehow, just somehow, I could tell he was pleased.

Without another word, he turned away and walked out of the room.

Eunbi unnie sighed. Almost immediately, her eyes became watery again. “Minhyun must hate me now..” she muttered.

“Why would he hate you? He lo-” I stopped midsentence. Did he love her? He’d always talk about her as if she was some sort of evil witch. But then again, it could be sister complex.

Eunbi unnie managed to move her lips into a saddened smile. “See. Even you can’t tell whether he loves me or not.”

“Unnie, don’t think like that. He won’t hate you. Minhyun could never hate you. And I know he won’t. He might not say it out loud or imply it but my gut feeling says it. He could never hate you.” I said, shaking my hand, holding unnie’s hand hard. “Minhyun could never hate you.”

Unnie chuckled. “You love him so much. And you express it so openly. I just wish I could do the same.” She sniffled.

Her statement caught me by surprise. The hell? I love him and express it openly? How have I ever done that?

“I do-”

“Ssh. You don’t need to justify yourself. I know you do. But you shouldn’t have come. You have school to tomorrow.” She said.

“I can skip.”

“No. I’ll call Woohyun to come and take you home. But Yuri…you can’t tell anyone, okay? If anyone finds out, what Minhyun said might happen.”

“I won’t unnie. But wait, before you call oppa. Minhyun and I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Yuri-”

“No buts, you’re going to eat before you sleep. Even if you aren’t hungry, you have to eat for the baby now.” I said.

Eunbi unnie sighed. “Alright.” She smiled. “Meanwhile, I’ll clean up the room.”

“Don’t cry anymore, okay?” I asked, just to confirm that she wouldn’t cry when I left.

“I promise.”

.

When I walked out of the room and closed the room behind me, I found Minhyun sitting on the couch with his face buried in his hands. Frowning, I walked up to him and sat on my knees in front of him.

“Are you sleeping?” I asked, removing his hand from his face. I didn’t know what happened; he pulled my close to him and hid his face between my neck and shoulder.

“Wha-what are you doing?” I stammered, trying to push him away from me but his grip on me was too hard. I struggled for around two seconds but then stopped when I felt my nape a bit soaked.

My eyes widened in realization. He was crying.

“Don’t say things if you don’t know..” he mumbled. “I do hate noona.”

His words shocked me.

“I hate noona because I love her so much. I hate her because I worry about her and my head aches because of it. I hate her because I have no family left other than her. I hate her because now that she’s pregnant, she’ll care about the baby and not me. I hate noona because I love her so much…” Minhyun mumbled. His tears were falling nonstop.

“I hate her, Yuri..” he mumbled. Slowly, I found that my hands had made their way on to his back and was patting it comfortingly. “I love her so much that I hate her, Yuri…”

I didn’t even realize that it was the first time he had called me from my name.

.

Eunbi grinned, victoriously, as she closed her room door, successfully, without making a sound after videoing the lovely moment between Yuri and Minhyun.

She turned her phone to the opposite direction so that her face would face the camera.

“Day one, oh wait, night one of Mission MMMY. Or Match Make Minhyun and Yuri. Pretending to be preg turned out to be a good thing!” she giggled quietly. “And now to fill in Woohyun! Go, go, go!”

She saved the video and stared at her new phone proudly. She had bought that phone in just one purpose. To capture any MinRi moments possible. It had a 12 megapixel camera and she was proud of it.  Moreover, it saved any phone conversations. It made it possible for her and Woohyun’s plans to be recorded too. The perfect phone to keep all record of the mission.

Biting her lower lip anxiously, she dialed in Woohyun’s number. It took him only two rings to pick up.

“Noona! Do you know if Yuri is pregnant?” at once, Woohyun asked.

“Ssh! Not so loud.” Eunbi whispered and casted a look at the door. “MinRi are outside. Be quiet.”

“Huh?” confused, Woohyun asked. “Whoever that is, it’s not important. Minhyun and Yuri went to the hospital today and yeah…they had some sort of report, I think, with them. Jonghyun and I are suspecting that Yuri is pregnant.”

Eunbi giggled quietly. “Idiots. That report was for me!”

“THE HELL, NOONA YOU’RE PREGNANT?!” Woohyun screamed.

“Ssh! Be quiet!” Eunbi hissed. “Do you really think I’m pregnant? Do you really think I’d get pregnant when both Changmin and I are at the peak of our career?”

“Uh…idon’tknowwhat’sgoingon.com(1). Mind explaining?” Woohyun asked. Eunbi could imagine him scratching his head in confusion.

“Silly. Myungsoo and Hyein are back, right?”

“Yeah, how did you know that?”

“Let’s just say my circle is very wide. I got the information as soon as they were spotted in the airports. But anyways, Yuri has had a long crush on Myungsoo vice versa. And Minhyun had a one-sided crush on Hyein.”

“Yeah, everyone knows that.”

“Myungsoo, being Myungsoo, would obviously get jelly and pissed if Yuri and Minhyun are a couple, wouldn’t he?”

“If, duh.”

“Well, they’re pretending to be a couple in front of some people. So we’ll just say that they are a couple. Anyways, jelly Myunggie would try to break them apart. And that is not something I want.”

“So you got pregnant to get them together?”

“No, I’m not pregnant. That was fake. I did get the test done, thought. Three days ago. Got the results too. Negative. I just bribed the hospital to make a fake test result with my name.”

“Noona…isn’t that a little too extreme?”

“It isn’t. What Hwang Eunbi wants is what Hwang Eunbi gets.”

“So no one is preggers and you’re planning on making Minhyun and Yuri real? Is that the story?”

“No. No one is preggers, and we’re planning on making Minhyun and Yuri real and Myunggie retreat to his prized single and forever alone position.”

“We? We who?”

“You and me.”

“Wha—NOONA! You can’t do that. It’s their lives. If they don’t love each other, why bother force them?”

“We’re not forcing them. They do love each other. They just don’t realize it. They think they love someone else. I’ve got proof!”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I’ll show it to you when you come to fetch Yuri and Minhyun. And I’ve even got a phone for it. Mission Match Make Minhyun and Yuri. Or Mission MMMY.” Eunbi grinned.

“Okay…sounds weird but…”

“Look, do you want Yuri to end up with Myungsoo?”

“Hell no!”

“Well! Why not give it a try?”

“I..I love Yuri, I just don’t want her to be in a relationship where she’s a…victim.”

Pregnant silence took over them for a while.

“You think I’mvictimizing Yuri?” Eunbi’s voice came out hoarse. Very  hoarse. Enough to scare a whole army.

“, that’s not what I meant, noona!”

“Then what do you mean, Nam Woohyun?!”

“I meant, that Yu-” Hearing Eunbi’s breath made Woohyun’s hair rise, imaging how scary she would be. He sighed. “I meant I’m in.”

Eunbi grinned victosiously. “Come over to my place at around…nine. I’ll show you the first real evidence of our MinRi couple.”

Without waiting for an answer, Eunbi hung up on Woohyun.

“Oh, my life is going to be exciting without Changmin for once!” she squealed and giggled like a high school girl before she began to clean her room.

xxx

(1)idon’tknowwhat’sgoingon.com – In our country, we say vaanuva.com which basically means the same as idon’tknowwhat’sgoingon.com. I just thought that it would be funny putting that up. There’s really so such website (that I know of, anyways0 xD


 

shotuout!

as promised, here's the update! i had fun writing this chapter. got kind of emotional too, at the minhyun crying part. i sort of related that to real life..
but whatevs! is the confusion about the pregnancy cleared out now? 
neh, evil eunbi, isn't she? but she's doing that because she just loves her baby brother, a little overly too much, don't you think?
keep those comments and subbers coming, my lovelies. authornim just loves that. c: ♥