Chapter twelve – a real conversation with the real Minhyun.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter twelve – a real conversation with the real Minhyun.

“Aish, why does a woman need to buy so many things?” Minhyun whined as he picked up four bags full of the things I had bought.

“To feed the man and live.” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Why does the man eat so much?”

“As yourself.”

“Aigoo, such a young couple. Do you live together?” the shopkeeper asked as I gave her the money.

“Ah, ajumma, you got it wrong.” I said, trying to clear up the misunderstanding. The ajumma’s face fell at that.

“We don’t live together, ajummoni, we just come shopping together to help each other out.” Minhyun said, putting an arm around my waist and bringing my closer to him.

At first, I was shocked by the skin ship, then understood why he was doing it. So I also smiled.

“Do come together once more. I’d love for two of you to be around. It makes me feel young.” She said with a sad smile.

“We’ll come as often as we can. We’ll be taking our leave now, ajummoni. Take care of your health.” Minhyun said, bowing. I also bowed before waving to her and leaving.

“She has leukemia. Three months is all she has left.” Minhyun explained as we got out.

“Are you close with her? You seemed like it.” I said, taking the bags Minhyun gave me as he climbed onto the bike.

“She’s…an aunt. Not legally, but she’s an aunt.” He said.

“Not legally?”

“She and my uncle had a child but they never got married. But…why am I telling you this?” he asked, putting on the helmet and looking at me. “How did you just make me say that?”

I smiled. “That’s same with me. I ask myself that a lot when I pour out details of my life to you.”

He gave me the other helmet and took the bags from me and hung them on the handle bar. “Hurry up.”

Not so strong when it’s about your family, are you, strong boy?

-

“Yuri! You’re back!” Mihi exclaimed as we entered the house with my spare key. I had left mine with Mihi. “And so is Minhyun-ssi..”

“Yah, can you put the stuff in the fridge and wash the veggies? I’ll be right back.” I said, kicking of my shoes and running away.

“What am I, your servant?!” Minhyun shouted after me.

“I knew I could count on you!” I stuck my tongue out at Minhyun before running to my room. I tripped over one of the stair steps and almost fell.

“Yah! Be careful, you clumsy girl.” Minhyun shouted.  If I wasn’t in a hurry, I would have shot something really despicable at him but because I hadn’t fed Woohyun oppa since morning, I rushed into my room to change.

“Where the hell are my jeans?” I panicked, gripping my hair. I groaned, realizing that I had put them in the laundry basket just that day.

In the end, I decided to wear a pair shorts with a sleeveless top. I then hurried downstairs to see Mihi peeking into the kitchen.

“Yah! I told you not to look!” I heard Minhyun shout from inside. With a grim face on, I walked towards the kitchen door but as soon as I got there, a smile replaced it.

Minhyun wasn’t wearing the school uniform’s blazer anymore. Instead of it, he was wearing a cute blue apron over his school shirt and was washing the vegetables with a red face.

I cleared my throat leaning against the doorway. Minhyun turned back. It was only then that I realized how red his face was. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Are you going to stand there and laugh or help me?” he demanded still his face flushed.

“I get it.” I said with a smile before grabbing a hot pick apron and putting it on. Before I could tie the knot from behind, Minhyun was already doing it.

“Thanks. Did you wash the veggies?” I asked. He nodded and pointed at a plate full of vegetables.

“Alright, you know how to cut them, right?” I said. He stared at me blankly. I gave him a look. He sighed.

“You owe me big time, got it?” he said, proceeding to get the knife to cut the vegetables.

-

Cooking with Minhyun wasn’t like I thought it would be. Minhyun turned out to be childish and fun.

Well, that was a big difference from how I thought he would be. I thought it would be extremely quiet and awkward even if he did help me, which I actually thought he wouldn’t.

All my assumptions were completely wrong.

Minhyun was childish, fun and make cooking enjoyable.

After making Woohyun oppa soup, we ended up making cream spaghetti for ourselves. Minhyun places the spaghetti on his face and made faces. Mihi even joined in. That was a first in me trying to cook and it turned out to be an enjoyable experience.

We were all eating together when I my cellphone rang.

“Omo!” I gasped.

“Who is it? Myungsoo oppa?” Mihi asked, teasingly. “From what happened just now I didn’t think your crush on him would still linger.”

“Yah, kid.” Minhyun said, pointing the fork at Mihi threateningly and trying to swallow his food at the same time. “We just had some fun like friends. It’s not like Madam G and I can ever be friends.”

Mihi and I laughed.

“Wait, that came out wrong.” Minhyun realized. “What I meant to say was that we can even become a couple.” Minhyun said, still rather confused.

“Can’t become a couple.” I corrected him.

“Yeah that. Whatever.” Minhyun gave up and poked his fork into the spaghetti again. “We just had fun like friends, we don’t like each other in the way you think we do.” Then Minhyun’s eyes widened. “I said it correctly!”

Mihi laughed. “Sure, whatever you say.”

I stuck my tongue out playfully at him as he threatened me with his fork like he did to Mihi.

“But if it is Myungsoo oppa, why aren’t you bicking up, Yuri-ah?” Mihi asked, mispronouncing ‘picking’.

“Yeah, why aren’t you bicking up, Yu – Madam G?” Minhyun said, poking fun of Mihi’s mistake. I caught that he was first going to call me Yuri but stopped himself.

“Yah!” Mihi pouted and kicked Minhyun from under the table. “But seriously, why?”

“Hm..” I replied, looking thoughtful. “There’s a saying that absence makes your head grow fonder.” I said in a cheesy tone and burst into laughed and so did Mihi.

Minhyun, on the other hand, pretended to choke on his food. “Aish, girls. Now i know why I never wanted to date.”

“You never dated?” Mihi and I asked at once.

“Yeah. Is that a big deal?” Minhyun asked. His voice was rather oblivious.

“I never dated either. I just think that a guy like you must have dated.” I said honestly.

“You two make the cutest couple.” Mihi grinned. “I bet both of you didn’t date because you’re too hung up on someone. Yuri on Myungsoo oppa…Minhyun on some noona.” She said, dramatically sighing.

Minhyun choked on his food, this time for real.

“Really? I’m right!” Mihi clapped. “Yuri is deeply in love with Myungsoo oppa who has hidden feelings for her while Minhyun is in love with an unnie who doesn’t return his feelings. Myungsoo oppa meets Minhyun and doesn’t like the relationship between Yuri and Minhyun. So to make Minhyun suffer, he pretends to date the unnie Minhyun falls in love with. Yuri and Minhyun who were betrayed completely understood one others feelings. Soon, they fell in love with each other, making Myungsoo oppa’s plan a fail.”

I laughed while Minhyun pretended to choke again.

“Sorry, Mihi-ah, but the day that happens is the day Woohyun oppa falls in love with another woman after Eunbi unnie.” I said.

“Are you saying the chances are high or low?” Minhyun asked, raising an eyebrow to confirm.

“That’s it’s low, idiot.” I said, poking his forehead with my index finger.

“Then I agree with her.” Minhyun said firmly.

“Aigoo.” Mihi said. “It’s such a shame. You match so well.” She pouted.

I smiled at her then looked at Minhyun who was busy eating.

“Yah, I just realized this thing’s taste!” he exclaimed. “It came out good! I’m a good cook!”

I subconsciously smiled at him too. Come to think of it, it was the first time I had a real conversation with him. And Mihi had contributed a lot to it. I knew they were going to become close friends like I was with Mihi.

I was glad that I was finally able to feel close with him without remembering that I had so many debts I had to pay him.

“Hey, I’ll go get Woohyun oppa’s tray and come.” Mihi said suddenly, getting up. “You both can clear up, right?”

“Aish, didn’t we tell you that we don’t like each other in that way?” Minhyun whined. “I hate doing dishes!”

“Well, if you whine, I take it that you like Yuri too much that you’re too shy to do with her. So even if you hate it, bear with it. It’s the only way I can dream fantasies of both of you.” Mihi said.

“Aish, this girl!” Minhyun said, scaring her playfully while Mihi ran upstairs, sticking her tongue out at us.

“And then, there were two.” I said. “Aigoo, I’m so tired.” I faked, putting my hand on my forehead. “I think I have a fever.”

“Aish, this girl too!” Minhyun said, sending me a glare.

“Don’t worry, I won’t bail you out.” I said, rolling my eyes with a smile on my face.

Minhyun stared at me for a while. “I know you won’t. After all, I did save Madam G’s V card two times in a row.” Minhyun said with a smirk on his face.

My face brightened to the color of the ketchup on the table. I wanted to say something nasty to him but I couldn’t. He had totally pinned me down.

“You win.”

And I had thought I saw a new light in this guy.

--

A/N: here's the second update i promised! wow, chapter twelve already. gosh, i've written so much! i must really love writing this...

opps! i coudn't help it! minhyun's real self busted to mihi. but neither yuri or minhyun seems to care. minhyun also must trust mihi as much as yuri does, right? "yah, kid" he calls her. close enough, aren't they? do i sense scandal? 

and it looks like minhyun never dated! could yuri be a first for him? but they do insist that they haven't fallen for each other and that they never will...

and this minhyun seems to have an addiction to blackmailing, doesn't he? first mihi, then yuri. 

well, i don't really have much to say (xD sorry!), so i'll cut short here. 

read, enjoy, sub! kaya-chan loves all you people! ♥

 

teaser for next chapter...

“Aish.” he glared at me. “I was merely going to thank you but you threaten me like noona would. What are you, her long lost twin sister?”

x

“Yah!” I laughed. Minhyun was making growling sounds like bears as he crawled after me on the bed. He was also laughing.

x

“We’d become anything but a couple.” I said at once, pushing him away and sitting up. But he only ended up lying on the bed next to me.

“Even friends with benefits?” Minhyun asked with a devilish smirk on his face.