Chapter eleven –when fevers make people act weird.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter eleven –when fevers make people act weird.

I kicked open Woohyun oppa’s room door with the back of my foot since my hand was full, holding the tray which I had the food prepared for him.

“Are you feeling better?” I said, sitting on a side of him bed. He made a slight groaning sound as he adjusted himself to sit up. He didn’t say anything but stared at the tray.

“What? I know you aren’t a fan of beef but we’re out of chicken and fish. Sorry.” I said, putting the tray on his lap.

“Then buy it.” he said grumpily.

“Oppa, you know I can’t drive. And even if I could, I wouldn’t dare leave you in the house alone and go when you’re in a condition like this.” I said, sighing and taking the tray.

“I won’t eat beef.” He said and turned away. All I good do was just stare at him.

“Fine.” I said and got up.

“Close the door.” I heard Woohyun oppa say as I headed towards the door.

“Yes.” I mumbled. As soon as I had left the room, I quickly headed downstairs and put the tray on the dining table. Then rushed to my room as fast as possible trying my best to blink back the tears forming inside my eyes. It was hard, however.

I closed the room door behind me and jumped onto my bed and began crying. It hurt, oppa being so hateful like that. I knew I couldn’t help it. He was heartbroken. Moreover, he was as stubborn and selfish as a yak whenever he got sick.

I stopped my crying after a while, hearing my cellphone ring. Drying my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt, I picked up the phone.

“Hello?” I asked. I had picked up the phone in a hurry without even looking at the caller ID.

“Where are you? Don’t tell me you got kidnapped this time.” It was Minhyun. I was very surprised to hear him. But then got over it.

“What? Want to play my black knight so that I would owe more favors to you? You are so cunning.” I said, rolling my eyes and turning over to face the guitar which he had gifted to me. I placed my hand over it.

“Your friend keeps bugging me. Why aren’t you at school? At least pick up when she calls if you won’t pick up when I call.” He sounded annoyed and bugged.

“Wait, you’ve called before? When? Mihi also called? .” I groaned.

“Oh, it looks like Madam G actually knows how to curse.” Minhyun said sarcastically.

“You are so not helping me. First, Woohyun oppa gets freaking sick and is as hateful as ever. Then you call and completely ruin my mood.” I said, wanting to scream.

“What happened to him?” Minhyun asked.

“He’s having a high fever, must be some side effects of drinking too much. Woohyun oppa could never handle his alcohol anyways. He must’ve been bummed out about noona and Changmin oppa.” I said, without realizing what I was saying. “And now he wants chicken soup but we don’t have either chicken or fish here. Just beef. Did I mention Woohyun oppa hates beef?”

“Do you want Mihi to go over? I could take her if you want. School’s ending in exactly three minutes five seconds. Three now.” He said.

“Thanks, but do you think it would help?”

“It could. And if you want, keeping Mihi to watch over your brother, I could take you to the closest store to buy whatever you need.”

I frowned. “Why are you being so nice?” It was a blunt remark but it wasn’t like I could have stopped myself.

“I’m always nice, you’re too rude to see that.”

“Che. Always nice my foot. But sure, bring her over.” I said. “Tell her I said that I’m sorry I couldn’t go today.”

“Tell her yourself. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes the most.”

“Don’t you dare do anything to Mihi!”

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll eat her and feed your brother the leftovers. He didn’t say that he didn’t like human meat, right?” Minhyun said, his voice dripping sarcasm.

“Yah! Hwang Min-” before I could say anymore, all I was hearing was beeping sounds. I didn’t know why, but I laughed. “You arrogant prince!”

I took a look at the guitar. “You look lonely today. Don’t worry, you probably wouldn’t be if the person who bought you would come.” I said.

.

“Minhyun-ssi!” Minhyun turned around, hearing his name being called.

“Aish, it’s the pet again.” Ren groaned, watching the girl hurry towards them.

“Minhyun-ssi! Did you manage to call Yuri?” Mihi asked, as she caught up with NU’EST.

“Minhyun, is there something we don’t know about?” Aron asked.

“No, it’s nothing hyung. She just asked me to call Yuri. On that topic, yeah, I actually did.” Minhyun said.

“Really? What did she say?” Mihi asked, her eyes glowing. Ren scoffed.

“She told me to bring you over to her house.” Minhyun said, his voice steady but carelessly looking.

“Are you going to take me?” Mihi asked.

Minhyun made a face to seem as if he was thinking about it. “Well, there’s nothing I can get out of it, so why should I?” he said.

Baekho and Aron exchanged glances while Ren grinned. JR sighed and gave Minhyun a look.

“Let’s go. I’m starving.” Minhyun said, turning around.

“Wait! Minhyun-ssi!” Mihi said. Minhyun turned around with a bored expression on his face. “I…I have the key to the band room.”

Minhyun had to force himself stop smirking. Ren, however, wasn’t able to hold it in. Baekho blankly stared at Mihi while Aron wasn’t even a bit interested. JR, however, was giving Minhyun a disapproving look.

“And?” Minhyun asked.

Mihi didn’t hesitate. She looked inside her bag and brought out a bunch of keys. She sperated one from them and handed it to Minhyun. “Please take me to Yuri’s house.” She said.

With a satisfied smirk on his face, he took the key from Mihi’s hands.

“You guys go on ahead. Tell Inyong hyung that I’m sorry, okay?” he said and began moving away. But JR stopped him by putting his hand on Minhyun’s shoulder.

“Don’t do anything stupid.”

“Don’t you trust me?”

-

I rushed downstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. I almost fell after skipping a step.

“Yuri!” Mihi exclaimed and threw her arms around me.

“You’re here! Thank you so much for coming!” I said.

“Hey, sorry to break your emotional moment, but are you coming or not?” Minhyun said, his voice sounding annoyed.

“Oh. Mihi, I’m sorry, but can you stay and watch over Woohyun oppa until we’re back?” I asked, rushing inside and grabbed the blazer that was on the couch.

“Sure, but where are you going?” Mihi asked, coming inside.

“Just to the store. Make yourself at home, okay?” I said and quickly rushed out. “Lock the door.”

I sighed, relived when I walked out of the house, closing the door behind me.

“You looked like you wanted to escape.” Minhyun commented, getting on the bike. “Did something happen?” he asked.

“No…nothing really.” I said putting on the helmet as he handed it to me. “Whose bike is it, this time? And you have the keys too.” I said.

“You’re lying.” Minhyun said. “What happened?”

“Just forget it. Oppa can’t stay in the bed forever.” I said, climbing behind him. I knew he felt hesitant from the moment I put my arms around his waist.

But after a while he started the bike and sped off.

My mind also sped off into another world.

Flashback

“Talking to that bastard really makes you laugh, right?” Woohyun oppa suddenly asked, appearing in front of my room door.

“Oppa! You…you shouldn’t get out of bed, your body will get weaker.” I said, shooting out of bed at once.

“Oh, of course you should know, doctor.” He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I was shocked. He was sarcastic a lot when he talked to me but not this rude. This wasn’t the Nam Woohyun who used to be my brother. I knew it. And it wasn’t just because of Eunbi unnie..

“Wh..who did you think I was talking to?” I asked, hesitantly.

“Now you start to doubt me.”

“Who did yo-”

“That Kim Jonghyun kid, who else?If he makes you so happy why are you living with me?!” Woohyun oppa shouted.

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst.

“Why are you living with me? Shouldn’t you be with someone who can make you laugh? Someone who can always be by your side rather than a selfish brother who is never with you and gets upset over little things like a girl? In the end, between both of us, you retreat to him.” he said.

“What…what are you talking about?” I asked.

“If Jonghyun makes a better oppa than me, I don’t really deserve to keep him away from you, do I?” he said.

“Say things that make sense oppa! Jonghyun oppa and the others can’t ever be loved more than I love you.” I said, frowning. “Your fever is making you say weird things. You should rest.”

“Are you going to go out with him after bringing Mihi over? You don’t have to worry about me, you can go with him. After all, he also has his rights as your oppa.” Woohyun oppa said with a bitter laugh.

I frowned as I led oppa to his room. When I touched him, it was almost as if his fever got worse. If it went by that rate, we might have needed to go to the hospital.

Thankfully, Woohyun oppa fell asleep a little after his sudden weird behavior.

“He was just saying them out of the blue. JR oppa cannot be my brother.”

End flashback

I didn’t know how much time had passed, but as I remembered what happened, my grip around Minhyun’s waist tightened as I tried to squeeze in my tears.

I could have sworn Minhyun looked back for a spilt second making him almost collide into something. I knew he felt suffocated. I tried to loosen my grip, but I couldn’t. He felt nice to hug. Like a teddy bear.

“At least you’re here..” I muttered under my breath. Just as I said it, I regretted it. Even though it was a whisper I could barely hear under the roars of the vehicles on the road, what if Minhyun heard it?

He’d tease me for life with it.

Under the roars of the vehicles on the road, this time I heard something. Minhyun’s chuckle. So he had really heard me.

But I didn’t care. And it was mostly because I didn’t want to care. Even if I had to.Whatever I had to care about.

--

A/N: kaya iz backz, people! for today at least. ^^' see, there's this thing like a fair in our school and i have to go there. i'm not on duty today so i'm free today. tomorrow i'm meeting up with some friends whom i was seperated from last year (*sniff*) so i'm REALLY excited! uwa, guys, i missed you! TTwTT

so...that's why i'm going to update twice today! look out for the twelveth chapter!

anyways, when we come to the topic of how far the story is, it seems that minhyun doesn't have to do much to keep his pride, right? poor mihi. the relationship between jr and minhyun is becoming suspicious.why in the world did jr think htat minhyun would do something unexpected? 

and what do you think is up with woohyun? really, he's gotten touchy because of a fever. which he got due to a girl. or maybe...someone else? maybe someone that makes him jealous. could it by any chance be jr? from his pharsings, it seemed like that, didn't it?

more to be revealed soon! hit that subscribe button and just wait patiently! read and enjoy~! i love you all, subbers! ♥