Chapter one – he who moved in next door.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter one – he who moved in next door.

“I’m home.” I announced, as I entered my house after school. Sluggishly, I kicked off my sneakers and dragged myself towards my room, waiting for a shout.

“Place your shoes nicely, walk straight!” as if on cue, mother shouted from the kitchen.

“Yes, mother.” I mumbled and straightened my back then turned around to arrange the sneakers I had just taken off.

“Do you have homework?” mother asked, coming out of the kitchen near the door where I was.

“No, I finished them in school. Why?” I asked, looking up at her.

“New neighbor. I’ve baked some muffins. You should go and give it to them. Dress properly.” She said and disappeared again.

“Yes.” I replied, even though she wasn’t there anymore.

I sighed before standing up straight and walking towards my room, thinking. Why did everything have to be so perfect? My mother, father, brother. What is this, some sort of drama or something? Where the girl gets whatever she wants?

Even at school, all my friends were perfectionists. They’d wear the uniform perfectly, do the work perfectly….do everything perfectly. It annoyed me at times, but I wasn’t able to tell them that. They also would have perfectionist parents and if I said anything against that…it could start a riot.

But like the usual, all perfections came with flaws. Even though school had only students whose average grade was B- to A+ there were those who had discipline as an F. They’d bully others and pick fights among one another and those with other schools. But of course, our school was a perfect school; no one would believe that one of our school students would get in a fight with another school.

I took in a deep breath as I locked the door behind me and undressed to get in the shower.

“Perfectionists. I hate them..” I muttered to myself as I walked into the bathroom.

-

After taking a bath, I wrapped the towel around my body and walked over to the walk in wardrobe, looking for what to wear. I had to ‘dress properly’ according to my mother. I scoffed, remembering her words. Dress properly…as if I never do that. I’d have no option but to dress properly with those parents.

I took out a bright red shirt with black prints on the bottom with a pair of black skinny jeans and a black jacket decorated with gold ornaments matching with gold high heels.

Drying myself, I quickly put on the clothes and began to search for my hair dryer. Last I had left it on the dresser but it wasn’t there anymore…

“Looking for this?” a sudden voice asked making me turn around at once.

“Oppa!” I smiled to see the older male waving the dryer in his hand. “Thank you, now you may leave.”

“Where are you going? I barely see you going out of your room.” He asked.

“Woohyunoppa! Please?” I begged.

“Fine. Gosh, you’re annoying.” He said and stuck his tongue out at me before moving away from the door. I also stuck my tongue out at him and then closed the door. I frowned. I thought I had locked it…

In seconds, I heard something slip under my door. I looked down to see a single key there. I smiled to myself. If I knew anyone a little less than perfect in my life it had to be Nam Woohyun.

Without waiting more, I quickly dried my hair and tied it into a pony tail. Looking at my reflection, I arranged my bangs before heading outside.

“Omma, where are the cookies?” I asked, walking into the kitchen.

“Muffins, not cookies. And they’re on the table.” Came the reply at once. Looking around, I saw a basket with a bow tied onto it on the dinner table. I made a face at that.

“I think someone is going to feel over welcome in the neighborhood.” I muttered to myself but took the basket.

“Oh, Yuri-ah!” I heard Woohyunoppa’s shout right before I was about to walk out the door.

“What is it, oppa?” I asked. Behind me, Woohyunoppa was rushing with a box in her hand.

“I saw this while I was coming back. I wanted to buy it for you.” He said and showed me what was inside the box. A necklace. I forced myself to smile at him as he put it around my neck.

As soon as I walked out of the door I sighed and placed my hand on the necklace. Another one to the collections. I was getting pretty sick of getting something new every single day.

“I’ll just pray that these neighbors aren’t the same.” I muttered to myself, walking towards the next house. It was almost as big as mine. Almost. Not as. After all, my mother ran an entertainment label and was the richest of the rich. She’d get married to a new man every month and take away most of his money before divorcing him. Among those in her circle, it was like a game. It made me sick.

Everythingwas making me sick, recently.

Trying to get rid of the thoughts, I rang the bell to the house. To my surprise, I heard shouting on the other side of the door. It made my hopes rise up. Maybe some not so perfect people could be in there.

“AISH! Just send Minhyun!” I heard a shout from the other side. I smiled. And I didn’t even know why I was smiling.

Soon the door opened to reveal the face of a drool worthy man standing in the doorway with a bored look.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“Oh! I’m Nam Yuri from the next house. I just came to welcome the new neighbors!” I said, brightly handing him the basket.

He took the basket from me and gave me a look. I found it awkward to keep smiling with him staring at me in such a way.

In no less than a moment, he was grabbed by the shoulder and replaced by another person. He had blonde hair and was muscular than the first person.

“So you’re our neighbor?” he asked, trying to start a conversation.

I smiled and nodded. “Welcome to the neighborhood! I used to be friends with the girl who used to live here, I hope we can also be good friends too.”

“People call me Baekho.” He said, coming outside and closing the door behind him.

“Yuri.” I said, offering my hand to shake. He looked at me in the way the first guy had but then smiled and shook my hand.

“That other guy’s name is Minhyun. I’m sorry if he left a wrong impression. He’s quiet and…antisocial.”

“Antisocial?” I echoed.

“Pretend I never said that. Anyway, he’s really quiet and doesn’t like to be bothered when he reads. Like we did to make him get the door just now.”Baekho explained.

“Oh. Is that so? Um, are you school students?” I asked him, rather hesitantly.

He laughed and nodded. “Seventeen. I don’t look like it, right?”

I nodded, rather shocked. “I thought you’d be my oppa’s age.”

“How old is that?” he asked.

“Twenty.”

He just laughed in reply. Then we both heard a scream from the other side of the door. “ARON HYUNG!”

“I…I’ll have to go back in for now. It was nice meeting you.” He said and turned to go inside again.

“Ah! Just a moment.” I called after him. “Which school do you go to? If we go to the same school, I could give you a tour if you want.” I suggested.

“Gel In High School. But it’s really not necessary.” He said.

Automatically, I smiled. “If you don’t want, I won’t make you say yes for sure. Then, I’ll meet you in school tomorrow?”

“Probably.”

I didn’t really know what he meant by that probably. Whether he wasn’t sure that I would meet him or whether it was this him I might meet.

--

A/N : the first chappie's up! it's mostly about the meeting. the next chapter would hopefully be about school! it's my first time writing au so please bear with me. i can't promise but i get a feeling that this would be better than my other stories.

well, whatever.

read and enjoy. subbers are always loved. ♥