First

Wanted: Perfect Husband

 

Junhyung unlocked the door and stepped into the house. He threw the keys on the coffee table and let his back fell on the sofa lazily and switched on the tv. I followed him inside and closed the door. All the while I was just standing by the closed door. He didn’t even care that I wasn’t sitting while he was enjoying his tv. I shook my head. This guy is seriously UNBELIEVABLE. And that is NOT a compliment.

Knowing that he wouldn’t offer me to sit, I just sat beside him on the sofa. I turned to him. “Aren’t you gonna offer me a drink or something?” I asked.

“Nope,” he said with his eyes still stuck on the tv.

My mouth hanged opened. “Is this how you treat your guests Yong Junhyung?”

“My guests are people whom I INVITE to my house. Not people who are bored and threaten me to entertain her,” he said seriously.

I pouted my lips and moved it side to side. Suddenly my phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo? Ah.. Hyerin-ah..” I answered.

“Unnie! Where are you? Don’t tell me you’re already in the church getting married?” I heard Yoseob laughing. I rolled my eyes.

“Get married? I didn’t even finish coffee with him! Yah Kim Hyerin can you please find better ones. Seriously, this first date is really a disappointment. I took the whole day off work just for this?? Do you know how much work I could have done right now?” I scolded her. Junhyung scoffed. I ignored it.

“Arasso.. mianhe unnie. So where are you now?”

“I’m at Yoseob’s house. Hyerin-ah come back quickly. Junhyung’s killing me,” I pleaded.

“Bwoh?? Yah Oppa! Your cousin is killing my unnie!” Hyerin shouted. Junhyung shot his death glare at me. Surprisingly he wasn’t panicking when I said he’s killing me. What a cool, self-collected guy he is.

“Noona! Why is Junhyung killing you? Pass the phone to him! Palli!” Yoseob was already panicking.

I shoved the phone to his face and smirked. He frowned while taking it.

“Yoseob-ah, if I’m killing her, would she still be breathing right now, complaining about how she missed her work so badly?” he said monotonously.

I gaped in disbelief. I did not complain!

I snatched the phone back and heard Yoseob and Hyerin laughing. “Yah don’t laugh! Its true! He’s killing me with boredom!” I shouted.

Junhyung laughed. “That’s just you baby.”

I ignored his words and continued talking with Hyerin.

“Okay okay unnie. We’ll come back soon!” Hyerin said. We hung up.

 

The room was silent for awhile, just the sounds coming from the tv. I decided to whine even more.

“Junhyung~” I whined loudly. He jumped a little and looked at me weirdly.

I looked at him with puppy dog’s eyes and pouted sadly. “I’m bored. Can we do something else other than watch tv?”

 

I got ignored when he just turn his attention back to the tv. I breathe out in frustration. Let’s irritate him more. I smirked.

“You know this is all Hyerin’s fault. If its not for her I wouldn’t have taken time off and I can be happily doing my work. the start of ALL this was her fault. She’s soooo desperate to get married to Yoseob that I-“ my words were cut off when suddenly my head was turned. I felt something pressing against my lips. I glanced down and saw that Junhyung was actually kissing me! Get off! Get off! I wanted to push him off when suddenly I feel myself melting into the kiss. His lips were moving, trying to push his tongue into my mouth but I didn’t open my mouth. Honestly, I don’t know how.

He breaks the kiss and looked at me. His palm was still on the left side of my cheek. His face was so damn near!

He smiled. “Still bored?”

Finally I seemed to just realise what he just did. I pushed him away and shouted. “Y-yah! How can you just go around kissing people??” I looked away and touched my lips warily.

He chuckled. “I’m not going around. I’m just here. And I didn’t kiss people. I just kiss you.”

 

I just stayed silent, touching my lips. At the corner of my eyes I could see his smile faded. He then leaned in nearer to me by the side and titled his head to look at me better.

“Wait. Don’t tell me….”

“No that wasn’t my first okay!” I blurted out. I could see him gaping and backing away.

“Are you serious?? How old are you?? Seven??” he laughed.

Obviously from his response, I knew my secret was out. I tried to defend myself.

“I was saving it for the person I truly love! But now you’ve stolen it from me!” I shouted, pointing to him.

His face shows that he still couldn’t believe what he heard. In the end he burst out laughing. “I’ve heard of women saving their ity for their ‘first love’ but I’ve NEVER heard of saving a first kiss!”

“People say you will always remember your first!” I retorted.

“Well then you should be lucky your’s is with me,” he smiled proudly and turn his attention back to the tv, putting his arm behind me, on the head of the sofa. He was still laughing. Damn you Junhyung.

 

I faced the tv but my fingers were still touching my lips.

Junhyung’s eyes glanced at me and he smirked and his lips. “If you keep doing that, your lips will go dry.”

I moved my hand away awkwardly. I was still looking down. I couldn’t believe he stole my first kiss.

“Why didn’t you want to get married?” Junhyung asked suddenly, eyes still focused on the tv.

I turned to him for awhile and turned back to the tv seeing that he wasn’t looking at me.

“I don’t want to get stuck in a life serving someone and get controlled. That’s not life.” I said simply.

“Who said you’ll get controlled? Isn’t marriage about living with the one you love until you know.. ‘death do you part’?” he said.

I scoffed. “Yeah that’s what people in love always see it as. But what do wives do for their husband?” I turned to him, one leg resting fully on the sofa while the other left dangling. Junhyung also turned.

“She cooks for him, cleans the house, waits for him until he comes home, washes and irons his clothes, take care of his babies,.. Isn’t that serving him? Isn’t that like being controlled?” I stared at him, challenging him to say I’m wrong.

“You made it sound like you’re in a prison. Doing things you don’t like. Its more than that you know.”

“What’s more?” I challenged him.

“You know, the feeling of always being loved. Every morning you wake up, you see the one you love beside you. When you do something for one and other out of love, the smile you get is just priceless. When you’re down, you know there’s always someone that would always be with you. When you’re happy, there’s someone to share your joy with. If you have kids, its not just about taking care of his babies. You give your love to them, see their smiles, watch them grow, hear their laughter. You feel the need to protect them because you know they are yours. They are like your most precious jewellery that no one could ever give you.” His voice was soft. His face was gentle. Sometimes he would smile at some of his words. Its like this other part of him you would never ever see.

 

You were surprised by what he said. Somehow you seemed to see marriage in a different light. Since he said all this, something made you wonder.

“Why didn’t you get married?” I asked.

He smiled and looked away slightly.

“I’m a guy Hyuna. I have to support my family if I get married. I don’t think I’ve earned enough to do that. I don’t want my family to suffer.”

“Then get a proper job,” I said simply.

“Proper?? Are you saying what I’m doing now is not proper?” he asked, slightly raising his voice.

I was quite intimidated by his sudden reaction but I tried to keep my cool. “Well yeah. I mean singing? If you get older, I’m sure your fans will start leaving you. How would you earn then?”

He moved his lower jaw right and left like his was really annoyed by what I said.

“So your definition of ‘proper’ is a lawyer, doctor, architect, CEO, teacher,.. you know, those people who have a ‘proper’ job but NO life. Heck, you’re a living example!” He blurted angrily.

My blood is just partially boiling right now. He go any further and this pretty head of mine will explode and he is going to regret it! And I thought he was sentimental. Huh!

“I HAVE a life Junhyung.”

“Really? Because last time I checked, your BABY sister is the one who’s helping you to GET a life.”

“You don’t understand.” I said with a stern voice.

He scoffed. “That’s all you will ever say. You know what? Fine. I don’t care if you think I have a proper job or not. Coz you don’t mean ANYTHING to me. So your opinions doesn’t affect me one bit!” he said, looking away.

“Neither does yours! Huh!” I turned away.

“Great! From now on, we can say ANYTHING to each other and it doesn’t even affect us!”

I thought about something for awhile. “Aren’t we doing the same thing as the movie? Only that we know each other’s names?”

“So?”

“So… you want to fall for me and I fall for you in the end?” I smirked.

“Puhleeezzzee.. don’t think too highly of yourself baby. I’ve got better taste and a bookworm like you never succeed in attracting my attention. And since you said I don’t have a ‘proper’ job, then you wouldn’t fall for me. Well, unless you can’t help it. I mean, cmon…” he said pointing to himself arrogantly. I just rolled my eyes.

“Whatever Yong Junhyung….”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyyeee my lovely readers and subscribers! Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! I LOVE YOU ALL!! <33 COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE! :)