First Date

Wanted: Perfect Husband

 

“Unnie you sit here,” Hyerin said gesturing me to a seat in a café.

I sat cautiously. There were only two seats. Either she’s going to grab a chair from another table, or she’s going to leave me alone.

“Hyerin-ah, exactly where did you find this guy?” I said holding her arm as she was about to walk away.

She smiled. I bumped into him when I was shopping with Yoseob. His handphone was the same with mine and it got switched. And the rest is history,” Hyerin said. Yoseob just nodded. Sometimes I wished he would say more than just nodding.

I eyed her suspiciously, not believing a word she said. “Its true unnie. Trust me. You will love this guy! Okay we’ll be going now! Anything call me!” Hyerin said and there she goes, waving at me while dragging Yoseob along.

I sat there, alone and wondering how would my first so-called date would be. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. I turned.

“Are you Hyuna? Hyerin’s sister?” the man said. He was tall and was wearing a white shirt with black smart pants. He looked like a man of high position. I smiled.

“Yup that’s me,” I said. He took the seat in front of me.

“Have you ordered?” I shake my head. I was too mesmerized by his looks that I almost forgot to ask his name.

He called the waiter and we ordered. I ordered one iced mocha latte while he ordered a hot black coffee.

“Erm.. may I know your name?” I sounded awkward. Yes I did.

He smiled. “Seungho.”

I nodded. “So your sister told me that you’re looking for a life partner,” he said. My eyes widened. WHAT???!! SHE TOLD HIM??

“Er..”

“I’m looking for one myself actually. But I-“ his sentence was cut off when his phone rang. “Excuse me,” he said and answered the phone.

I smiled. A gentleman looking for a life partner too? Maybe this life partner searching isn’t so bad afterall.

He hang up and turned to me. “Sorry that was my secretary. Actually I need to go back to my office now for an urgent meeting,” he said. Our order came soon after.

“Oh I guess we have to cut the meeting short then. Its okay. I’ll pay for my coffee and you’ll pay for yours alright? Nice to meet you Hyuna,” he said and shook my hand.

And with that, he went off. I didn’t even get to ask anything except for his name! And what did he say? Cut this meeting short? Am I his client or something??

I slumped back on my chair, drinking the latte that I will be paying. I can’t believe it. That ‘date’ didn’t even last for 10 minutes! You’re going to get it from me Kim Hyerin.

Suddenly someone sat in front of me and drank the hot black coffee. He made a face when he realised it was black coffee. It was all happening too fast that you didn’t realised the person sitting infront of you was Junhyung. As soon as you recognised him, you shouted, “Yah! What are you doing here?? And how can you just drink someone’s coffee without even asking?”

He was still trying to get rid of the taste from his tongue. I guess he really hate black coffee. He blinked his eyes several times and looked at me.

“Oh was someone drinking this? I thought the person had just walked away after paying the bills,” he said and laughed.

My face turned red. He saw all that?? How much of that embarrassing scene did he saw????

“W-wha.. y-you? H-how d-did y-“ you stammered.

“Know?” he finished my sentence. “Well I have eyes..”

Seeing that I was still speechless, he continued. “I guess the blind date didn’t last very long huh?”

He snapped his fingers right infront of my face. “Helloooo? Anybody home?”

I snapped out from my shock and looked at him. There’s only one thing that could explain the meaning of this. “DID YOSEOB TELL YOU??”

He laughed. Really laughed. Many heads turned and looked at our direction. He just realised that his disguise might be uncovered and softened his laugher. You just realised he was wearing a blue polo t-shirt with jeans along with a pair of geek specs and a beanie. Does the disguise really work? Seeing that no one actually screamed his name, I guess it does.

He spoke as his laugh faded. “Yoseob is good at keeping secrets. It’s just that I’m a very good observer.” He smiled widely, obviously proud of himself.

I rolled my eyes. This guy is so full of himself. How did he even live with himself?

“Why ARE you looking for a life partner? Time’s about up?” he smirked.

“No.”

“Then?”

“I thought you’re a REALLY good observer.”

“I just observe people around me. I just met you remember?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Why do you even want to know? Wait- scratch that. Why SHOULD I tell you?” I said, leaning back on my chair and sipping my latte like a boss.

“Who knows I can help. I have many single friends you know. Some are also as desperate as you.”

“EXCUSE ME? WHO ARE YOU CALLING DESPERATE? YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW ME WELL OKAY!” he really pushed my last buttons this time. Surprisingly he wasn’t even shocked. Well duh. He asked for it.

He smiled. “Well, if you’re already asking your own baby sister to look for you your life partner, I call that desperate. And yes, I don’t know you well that’s why I call you desperate. If you would have answered my first question earlier, I wouldn’t have called you desperate.”

Damn he’s smart. I have nothing to say now. I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

“What are you laughing at?” I asked, frustrated that I just lost.

“I just realised you roll your eyes everytime you don’t have anything more to say or you can’t fight back. Aren’t your eyes tired?” he smiled innocently.

I looked at him and gave him the can-you-just-GTFO face.

“Junhyung, I’ve just had the worst date ever. Can you not worsen my day?”

He looked away. There was an awkward silence. Wow he actually follows what I said?

Suddenly he stood up. It took me by surprise actually.

“W-where are you going?” I asked. Why am I stuttering?

“You don’t want me to be here right?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

I looked away. I regret shouting at him now. I regret giving him the get-lost face. Just as he was about to walk away, I held his arm. He turned.

“Can you at least keep me company? Please? I don’t want to face my sister yet coz I might just slap her right now and I’ll soon regret that,” I pleaded.

He smiled. Wait no, he smirked. Whatever it is, I don’t want to be left alone.

He pulled me up and left a few bills on the table. He dragged me along and we started walking together. How did he know Seugho didn’t pay for my latte? Where are we going??

“Err Junhyung?” Junhyung turned to me. His hand already let mine go and I was following him.

“How did you know my latte has not been paid?” I asked. I’m surprised that I’m more concerned about that than the place we are going.

He chuckled. “I told you I’m a VERY good observer. The bills on the table have not been collected by the waiter. It looks too little to be paid for two cups of coffee. So I assumed he didn’t pay for yours.”

He is a good observer. Very good indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello all my readersss!!! thank you sooo much for subscribing and commenting. seriously it made my day everyday. :D continue to make my day yea? hehe. :P