Birthday Surprise?

Bitter Sweet Love

Eunhyuk's POV

 

I wrapped my present I got for ______ from Japan and already booked a resuturant for her birthday date. All I need to do was get her.

"Hyung! I'm going out!" I shouted and left the dorm and headed over to Citrus's dorm.

I knock on the door and Haerin opens te door. "Anyeong Haerin-ah!"

"Hyukkie! Hi, what brings you here?" asks Haerin

"I'm here to pick up ______. It's her birthday and I was going to take her on a date." I reply. Her smile fades away.

"Oh, ______ left to the airport few hours ago, she's going back to New York for a while, she will be back next week. I totally forgot to tell you guys. Sorry!"

"Why would she go to New York?"

"Some personal matters. I don't think it is the right time to tell you guys."

"Oh, alright."

Haerin notices something in my pocket, "Is that the charm?"

"Yeah, I was going to give it to her today, I guess it's not going to happen."

"I'l give you a call when she comes back. maybe you could find another day to give it to her."

"Ok"

Haerin says bye and close the door and I head back to my dorm.

"Yah! Weren't you going to go out on a date with _____-ssi or something?" asks Yesung.

"Haerin says she left to go to New York. She won't be back til next week."

 

Your POV

 

Red is in english conversation

 

I woke up early this morning to head to the airport to catch a flight to New York.

When I arrived after the 11 hour flight, I arrived to a friend's house. 

"Hello?"  My friend answered through the interphone. 

"Christina! It's me ______! Open the door already!"  I could hear her dash to the door and opening the door. 

"______! I MISSED YOU!"  Christina throws her arms around me.

"I missed you too."

"You're famous now! Congratulation! Come in! My parents missed you so much."

I head in and greet her parents, "Mr. and Mrs. White! How have you been?" I ask.

"We are doing great dear, and you? How is your life in Korea so far?"

"Complicated! But fun. Lot of things happened."

After that, I go up the stairs and head in Christina's room.

"What happened with Jaekwon? My stupid brother HAD to call him about your talk show!" She started

I told her what happened, the meeting, the kiss, losing memory and him dissappearing. "I'm just wondering, did he ever come back here?"

"No, not that I know of," and for the rest of the night, we talked how our lives were.

 

The Next Day

 

I woke up around 10 am, regaining from the time change. It was May 11th, my birthday, also the day my family died. The reason I came all the way over to New York. That day, I went over to the cemetary where my family was buried.

"Appa, Umma, Oppa! How are you? I'm doing great. I met my friends, made new ones. I finally debuted as a kpop star! Aren't you happy? Oh I wish that you were here with me. Oh yes! I'm married you know! I'm in the show that you just loved to watch mom. You watched all of the seasons, heh. Oppa, I miss you so much. I miss your hugs and your helpful words. And don't worry about me because I will do fine, I promise." I put the boquet of flowers on each of the grave and stayed there for another hour. Then my friend came to pick me up.

"How are you feeling ______?" asks Christina 

"Good, I'm glad that I came. I got to see my family. Now, let's head over to the studio! I miss my friends and my instructor. But before that, can we head over to the store?"

"You still collecting charm?"

"Yeah.... I could never get over it.... More because that my family died...."

 

 

No One's POV

 

Christina dropped off ______ at the small jewlery store she alway went to. Then she picked up her phone and dialed a number, "Jason! It's me, put the phone on speaker so everyone can hear me."

"Alright!" Jason said over the phone. "Ok! It's on speaker!"

"Guys!! Great news! ______ came back! She is staying here for a week!"

"OMG! REALLY!"

"WE MISSED HER SO MUCH!"

"When is she coming to the studio?" ______'s friends from the studio started to ask questions

"Guys! One at a time! We don't have much time here!" Christina silenced them so she could talk, "Ok You know what day it is right?"

"Yeah of course, It's May 11th." one guy said over the phone.

One of the girl at the end of the phone smacks the guy's head, "You idiot! It's her birthday!"

"Oh yeah~"

"So, we're going to be there in about 40 minutes, get ready for a party and dont forget the cake! And make sure there is no honey in it too! Ok?"

"OK!" everyone said and they hung up the phone.

______ came out of the store, she had bought six crosses with her family's name written on it, one for her and one for each of their grave. She hooked one of her charms on the braclet she was wearing and put the others in the small paper bag she got from the store. ______ and Christina both headed back to the grave yard. She takes out the necklaces she made, out of the leather strap and the crosses and hangs it over her family's tomb stone.

After that, she says her good-byes to her family and leaves.

______ and Christina drives over to the studio.

"SURPRISE!" All of ______'s friends came out of nowhere.

"I missed you _____," said one of the guys. He had blond scruffy hair with grey eyes.

"How are you?" asked the other boy, he had dark brown hair with green eyes.

"How's your life in Korea?" asks the asian girl. 

"I missed you too Jason, and I'm doing fine Ray. Saeyeon-ah, Korea is great! You shoud visit sometimes!"  ______ answered all their questions."and thank you for the surprise"

"Come and open the presents!" _____'s friends dragged her over to the table where all the food and presents were.

"Open this one!" Jason handed her a box. 

"No! Mine first!" Saeyeon grabbed Jason's present and gave hers to ______.

For the rest of the day, ______ stayed in the studio with her friends, having a blasts and telling stories.

 

The Next Day

 

_____ woke up early in the morning and so did Christina, they headed down to the kitchen and ate breakfast.

"Chris, I'm going to my old house." ______ never got to sell it so by this time, it's probably covered in dust.

"Sure, I'll drive you there." So they went back upstairs and got changed.

It took around 30 mins drive to _____'s house. Christina dropped ______ off and told her to call her when she is done.

 

Your POV

 

I took out the key from under the mat, I was surprised that is was still here after 10 months have passed. Its been almost a year since I went into this house. 

I open the door and all the furnitures were still there, but now covered in layers of grey dust. I wondered around the livingroom, looking at the pictures that was hung up on the wall and that were placed on top of tables in frames. I laugh to myself looking at old pictures of me and my brother. I bring over the empty luggage bag that I brought and open it and start to store the pictures in it. I was going to sell the house. After that, I headed over to my parent's room. I picked up the things that I wanted to keep, such as thier wedding ring or some of their personal stuff. When I headed over to my brother's room, it had more dust than any other room. It made sense because, my brother lived in Korea most of the time and stayed in this house once in a while, maybe like once every 2 or 3 years. I never know what he did, becuae he never told me. I look around, and it'is covered with stuff animals. He always loved to cuddle them. I rarely went inside his room because he was always a private person. I open one of the drawers and notice that there was a thin layer of grey in one certain spot. It looked like some has taken something, a book, recently. I close the drawer, puzzled and open his closet. Then a small box falls onto me.

I pick up the box. it seemed that it was untouched for over 5 years. I open it and the object is overed in paper. I take it out and slowly unwrap it. It's a music box. It's the music box that he gave me before he left me to go to Korea. I thought I had lost it when our house caught on fire. But no, there were slight burn marks on it but other then that, it looks fine. I put my hand over the dial and crank it, then I slowly open the box and the tranquil music gently flows out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyXv-gAMwBU&feature=related

I just sit there, on my brother's bed, the music echoing in the souless house. Then I notice a small charm in the box. It was a key.

Tears start to flow out of my eyes again as I put the key back in the box and close it. The music stops and I'm in hollow silence. I gently place the music box into the box I found it in and put the box in my luggage. Then I leave the room and head over to my room to get the things that I left.

I call Christina, "Hey Chris! Come pick me up!" I tell her

"Alright, I will be there in a jiffy," She says over the phone.

I sit on the front steps of my house and wait for her and in less than 5 minutes she picks me up.

The rest of the week went by quickly and I sold my house.

"I can't believe that it's already been a week. I'm going to miss you!" Christina hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you too. Come visit Korea some time, I'll give you a tour!"

"Of course" and with that, I headed over to the plane I was going to board.

 

In Korea

 

"Welcome back Unnie!" Minji comes running towards me. "Haha, Minji did you miss me?"

"Of course! The dorm isn't fun without you. I was the only one listening to Haerin unnie nagging to me all the time!"

"Heyy! I do not nag!"

"Oh yes you do" Minji and I say at the same time.

"Come one, let's go home, I bought you guys some stuff back in New york!"

"Really? That's great"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hurah! I AM BACK FROM A 30 KM KAYAKING TRIP!!!! GUWAD SO HAPPY TO SHOWER. I COULDN'T SHOWER FOR LIKE 4 DAYS WITH THE SALT WATER IN MY HAIR AND NO WASHROOMS AND ONLY DEPNEDING ON HAND SANATIZER! BUT IT WAS GREAT!

ok enough with the all caps rage!

Hoe you liek it ^^