The Past

Rival to Lover
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunbi POV:

"It's gonna take a while, but are you sure you wanna hear my story?" I asked. He beamed and nodded. I sighed and started my story.

Flashback

"Eunbi-ah!" Miho yelled. I turned around and waved to her. She ran up to me and asked, "Wanna walk home together?" I nodded and we headed home. We were the best of friends before in middle school. We did everything together and didn't let anyone interfere with our relationship.

I walked to the bathroom and overheard a conversation that some girls were having while I was in the stall. "I wonder why Eunbi is friends with Miho. She's ugly and stupid." "I know right! She deserves better." "Poor Eunbi. I bet she became friends with Miho out of pity." They laughed and left the bathroom. I stepped out and saw Miho there, crying.

"Miho! It isn't what it looks like! I was just in the stall. I didn't become friends with you out of pity!" I explained, worriedly. She wiped her tears and said, "I know you don't think of me like that. I was just shocked at what they said." I sighed and said, "Friends forever?" I held out my pinky and she intertwined it with hers saying, "Forever and ever." We giggled and left the bathroom.

We were talking to each other before the teacher came in. "Class, we have 2 new students!" the teacher boomed. We stopped and faced the front. "Please come in." he said. 2 girls walked in and bowed in front of the class. "Annyeonghaseyo. Baek Jinhee imnida." one of the girls said. "Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Hyemi imnida." the other one said. The boys whistled.

"Quiet down! You 2 can sit behind Eunbi and Miho. Eunbi, Miho, raise your hands." the teacher said. We raised our hands and they made their way towards us. They sat down and we turned around to give them friendly smiles.

Class ended and I invited Baekhee and Hyemi to lunch with me and Miho. We sat down at our usually table and got to know each other. "So, where are you guys from?" I asked. "We're both from Incheon. We were neighbors." Hyemi said. I nodded and Miho said, "Let's be friends!" I b

Please log in to read the full chapter