Making her Mom Believe

Nae Yeoja Nappa (My Bad Girl)

 chapter thirteen 

 Making her Mom Believe

 

________________________________________

 

"Is that the reason why you called me here in your office?" I frowned.

"Wae? Is there anything else?" She chuckled like a witch. Aish! I really hate her.

"Umma!" I yelled. "You can't just sign those papers while your daughter is drown in depression."

"Yongjoo you're over-reacting." She sighed. Yongjoo think. Think. "You can't stop us, perhaps..."

"I-i've got something to tell you too!" I didn't let her to finish. She questioned me a look. Yongjoo you can do it.

"I've got a boyfriend umma." I sighed like it's true. "Please don't let me go on a marriage interview."

"You've got a boyfriend?!" She sounded like she's not believing and mad. I nodded. "Well, I need him to meet me tomorrow after your class."

"Mwo?!" Wae? Aigoo... Why did I invent? "He-he has a part-time job."

"That's not my problem. You can go now..." She shooed me out of her office. I can't believe that she can do that to her own child.

Heartthingy.gif

"So to want me to pretend as your boyfriend?!" Baro shook his head. "Sandeullie?"

"Andwaeyo!" Sandeul shook his head too. Eottokhaji?

"Annyeong! What do we have here?"

"JinYoung hyung!"

"JinYoung!"

All of us said in unison.

"Mwo?" He looked puzzled. "Me?"

"Ne!" They said at the same time. "You!"

"Eung? What me? What did I miss here?" He asked.

"Yoongie-ah, we'll leave you here, ara?" Baro winked at me leaving with my girls and the boys.

"What are they talking about?" JinYoung scratched his head. "Yoongie-ah?"

 

JinYoung's POV

“JinYoungie, ” She said. “It’s very hard to explain but, my mom wants to meet you as my boyfriend.”

What? “Why?”

“I really don’t want to get married, after I graduate, with someone I do not know.” She pouted. “Don’t make me beg.”

“So?”

“I told her that I already have a boyfriend, unexpectedly. I’m looking for someone to pretend. So,” I smiled.

"Is this really important?" I asked.

"I would just pick random boys out there if this isn't." She scorned.

"Yah! Yah! You're the one who is asking for help so you should be humble." I poked her forehead.

"Whatever." Her eyes rolled. "So are you in?"

"Uhmm," I pretended to think.

"Jebal," she whispers. Is she begging? This is my chance to make fun of her.

"What did you say?" I chuckled. I turned my recorder on.

"Jebal, I said please," as she lowers her voice.

"What is that?" I smiled. "Did I hear it right? Shin YongJoo, a queenka, begging at me?!"

"Aish," her eyes twitched.

"Kneel down," I looked up and tilted my head upwards.

"What?" She glared. I grinned at her while she pouts. Wow! She knelt down. "Please JinYoung. Pretend to be my boyfriend for days."

"I knew it," I laughed. "We're already pretending."

"Arasseo, I'll make it specific." She is not standing up. "Jung JinYoung, please meet my mom."

"Ara," as I turned off the recorder. "I should edit this and take off the pretending part."

"JinYoung!" She glared and I showed my phone. "Arasseo, but promise you won't show that to the others."

"Uhmm," I pretended to think hard. "So when are we going to meet my mother-in-law, yeobo?"

"JinYoung, don't change what we are talking about."

"Yah! I haven't heard you being grateful." I smirked.

"I should be when this is over." She turned back. "Are you coming?"

"Aish, I won't do this." I stood still. "What is my reward?"

"You can ask whatever you want." From her tone, it sounds like she is hesitating. "Please JinYoung."

"Don't deceive me."

"Please. I am not."

"Yah! Why don't you ask Minhyuk?" I remembered.

YJ's POV

"I told you about that 'like'. There is nothing special." I glared.

"So am I special?" He grinned.

"Yah! Aniyo! I'm just asking you because we're already pretending. And you're the only one who knows some of my secrets." I have nothing to say. Am I just mumbling words? I hope I'm not blushing because my heart is telling me to.

"Secrets? I don't remember you telling me your secrets?" Busted! "Yah! I think what you are trying to say is; I am your fake boyfriend and since we are pretending until now, I am the only one who has the potential to do this."

"Eung?" How did he translate the words I blurted out? "Ne, ne."

"Yah? Where are we going?"

"Mianhae." YongJoo-ah! What is wrong with you? You look like you are not you. Don't act sweet to him when not necessary! "JinYoung, can we use your motorbike?"

"Huh? Wae? Umma doesn't allow me to use it during school days." He rubbed his nape. "Isn't that yout driver a while ago?"

I just don't like him or my mom seeing you. I'm very embarrassed of myself. Do I have to live like hell? "Oh, right. Kaja."

"Yoongie-ah," He scoots beside me. "What are you thinking?"

"Didn't I tell you to stay at the other side?" I continue to stare outside the window.

"I know that feeling." I saw him smiled at his reflection. "You are nervous."

"Aren't you?" He shook his head as I continue to tap my fingers on my lap.

"Dragon, just act natural. I'm thinking that this is real and I am telling myself not to be nervous, unless your mom bites."

"Yah! Oppa, can we stop by a convenient store?" I asked and bite my lips.

"Neon, are you going to eat?" JinYoung asked. Does he have to ask everything I do? "You are getting fat so stop eating. Aren’t we going to meet your mom in a restaurant?”

Aish! Soon I won't be able to eat or drink anything. Is it true? I am getting fat? I glared at JinYoung and told my driver to just go ahead to the restaurant.

"Yoongie-ah, shall we hold hands?" He asked and noticed myself being distant from him. He stopped and offered his hand.

"Shireo," I said as I walk towards the elevator.

"You told me to pretend and I'm just doing my job." He entered the elevator as it opens and dragged me inside. How come he isn't nervous? I pressed the floor we are going to. He offered his hand again and this time I hold it.

"Can you wait here? I'll just go to the restroom." Why am I stammering?

Why am I like this? I washed my face and re-applied my eyeliner. Michigetda. Yah! My heart! Don't beat like that, ara? Jebal, don't beat like crazy.

"Are you ready?" He asked as I went out. Why is he the one asking me that? I nodded nervously as we went in the restaurant. Her assistant led us to her seat.

"Umma.”.

"Annyeonghaseyo," JinYoung bows.

"He is JinYoung." I bit my lips.

"Hello, JinYoung," she smiles as we seat in front of her, . She sat in front of us. "So YongJoo isn't lying. I thought she was just making stories to make me cancel the wedding interview."

I pinched JinYoung as she mentions the making of stories. "Don't you trust your own daughter?" I smile nervously.

"So, what grade are you now?"

"11, same as ShinWoo," he smiles. I hate that smile.

"Oh, yes. I remember you went to our house the last time. So, when did you two started dating?" The two of us went silent. When? When?

"Umma, don't ask that. We don't remember. It's just this year, alright?" I utter.

"I hope you two aren't making all this things up. And YongJoo," she stares at me, "Did you just hire your brother's friend to pretend to be your boyfriend?"

"What?" Omo. I can't breath.

She laughs very hard, "I'm just kidding."

 

JY'S POV

Mwoya?! I thought she really knew. YongJoo stared at me and smiled fakely.

"Umma, you're embarrassing," she whispered. "Don't you have anything to say? I hope you'll cancel that interview."

I caught her mom's eye but I didn't avoid it.

"Where are you going this afternoon?" She asked.

"Umma, we need to-"

"Hush, Shin YongJoo. Let your boyfriend speak."

"Uhmm, we need to go back to school for a preparation," I lied. YongJoo gave me a look.

"Is that necessary?" She asked while YongJoo bowed her head down and shook it.

"Ani," as I bit my lips.

"Umma, we need to buy.something outside for that preparation so if you'll excuse us." YongJoo took my hand and we stood up. "We need to go."

"Where are we going?" I whispered quietly inside the elevator in case her mom is watching us on a camera.

"Mollayo," she mumbled. Is she nervous? Her hands are sweating. How did I know? I'm holding it.

"Ppali," she runs outside the building while she intertwined my fingers with hers.

"Yah! Oppa, let's go to Myeongdong then leave us there. We'll just take bus," she tells her driver. Yah! Why does she call him oppa? Oh. I think he is older. I'm not that old, right?

"YongJoo, neo gwenchanayo?" I asked. She nodded as a reply. She leaned on my shoulders and fell asleep. Why

I sighed. I shouldn't be feeling this. Why does my heart beat like this? JinYoung, do not forget the attitude of thos girl. Remember, she is worse than you. Shivers went down to my spine as she wraps her arms around me. I tried to remove it but her grip tightened on my shirt.

"Yoongie-ah," I whispered. Why do I feel nervous? "Yah! YongJoo-ah. Ireona."

"We're here, sir." The driver said. Finally, I removed her arms and wake her up.

"YongJoo-ah," I said. 5...4...3...2...1...

"JinYoungie," as her eyes opened. Why am I so smart? I knew she will wake up after my countdown.

"Yah! Kaja. Wherever we are going." I grabbed her arm and went out the car.

"Oppa! Go home now. " She yelled as she grabbed me and run.

"Where are we going?" I ask. "You can't just kidnap me like this. I have a family too."

"My mom probably followed me." She whispers while I look around. "Don't be obvious. Let's shop some things and you know what you're going to do. Jagiya."

I nod. JinYoung, stop being nervous. We entered a stationary shop and buy random things.

"Jagiya," she called. Is it me? Who else is she going to call.

"Ne," I put my arm on her shoulders.

"Buy this to me." Seriously? A couple necklace? It's not bad. It has a guitar pendant and magnet so the pendants will be attached to each other. "Jagi."

 

YJ

"Yah. No one is watching," he whispered as he took the necklace and put it in the shopping basket.

"Just buy it," I said. I can feel my mom here. "My mom loves this shop."

"Aish, why did we enter this shop?" We continued walking while his arm is on my shoulder.

"Let's pay," I rushed to the counter as soon as I see it.

"I'll pay," he said as he keep my hands from taking out my wallet. I felt guilty whenever I tell him to pay my bills when we go out.

"Here," he gave me the pair of necklace he bought. "I'll take this bookmark, ara?"

"Jinyoungie, don't you want this?" I showed him the paperbag of the things he paid for. He shook his head and sipped the milk tea I insisted when he is choosing. And yes, he paid for it again.

"You're not going to wear the other pair? And I think you don't like the drink." I took the milk tea. YongJoo-ah, why do you care so much about his feelings?

"Yah! Gwenchana. It's not bad," he took the cup and sip it.

"JinYoung-ah, you're not going to wear the other pair?" I asked.

"I thought you just want that. And as I can remember, my job doesn't include wearing a couple necklace with my fa-" Before he can continue, I covered his mouth. People are looking.

"Jagiya," I shot him a look. 'Jebal' I mouthed.

"Let's go out." He took my hand and carried my bag.

"It's embarrassing," He stared at me. "You are humiliating yourself."

What? How? Jinjja?

"Sorry," he sat down and pulled me beside him. "I saw your mom watching us."

"Jinjja?" I didn't feel that. "I'm just desperate about making her believe us."

"You know what?" He cupped my face and put his thumbs on my lips. He pressed his lips on his thumbs. "That. It looks real for the others watching."

"Yah!" I pushed him slightly. I hope I'm not blushing.

"Where's the necklace? I'll wear it." He took my bag and dug the necklace. He put his necklace around my neck and put his on his own.

"You. A while ago, you want it to be real then now, you don't want it anymore." I pouted.

"Pabo-yah!" He poked my forehead. "Of course, my mission ended. Now, shall I take you home?"

"Later, I still want to think clearly." I looked at my feet. We walk farther and we sat on a bench.

 

JY

"Are you tired?" She asked.

"Ani. I like exercising."

"I mean, are you tired of following all of my commands?" Why would she ask that? Should I make her better?

"No. I enjoy your company," I bite my lower lip. Why did I say that?

"Jinjja? For today, all of it, it's a thank you." She whispers.

"What is that?" I leaned in closer. She is thanking!

"I said, thank you." She smiled.

"Can I have my reward now?" I took her hand and holds it. It's still cold.

"Malhebwa," she said.

"I want to have 5 wishes and I like to save that."

"Why five? Okay," she nods. "I promise not to deceive you."

"I'll have my first wish now," I smiled.

"What is it? Use it wisely."

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

»asdfghjkl;' nothing much to say. just comment