Three Bullet Revolver

Black Revolver

 

Chapter 3

black | Three Bullet Revolver I

Taeyeon knows. Taeyeon always knows. She knew of the plans of the Triad even before most of the top ranking Triad members knew. She knew when and where enemies would send assassins after Jessica. She knew that Tiffany was an Interpol officer the moment she spotted her at the opening ceremony.

It was the posture, gun, and homework that told her. Taeyeon wasn’t stupid. She knew that Interpol had sent out numerous Blue Notices1 trying to figure out who was killing the Triad members. She knew that they’d send in an agent sooner or later. She just wanted to relish in the feeling of making the poor agent’s pretty face contort in shock and confusion. Never ask how, but Kim Taeyeon just knows things.

Just like how she knows that there would be an assassin disguised as a reporter standing five people away from Tiffany. It was the eyes. The look in the man’s eyes. As if in slow motion, Taeyeon automatically moved away from the Interpol agent and pushed Jessica behind her right as the man pulled his gun out and fired. Taeyeon blinked as the bullet grazed her temple, leaving a long bloody cut and pulled out her katana. A split second later, the almost-assassin was on the ground, screaming in pain as Taeyeon stood coolly over him, sword stained with a surprisingly small amount of blood when compared to the man and the ground around him. She had cut him horizontally across collarbones – shoulder to shoulder – inches away from decapitating him. But that wasn’t the wound that was spurting blood out like a fountain, no. The bodyguard raised an eyebrow as the man continued screaming in pain, clutching the stump of a wrist where his hand used to be – Kim Taeyeon had sliced his right hand off.

With a delayed reaction, the crowd began screaming and panicking and the other guards quickly turned into crowd control mode, quickly getting the witnesses to stay calm. Reporters snapped photos so quickly that the flashes felt like strobe lights going on and off at a party. Taking Jessica’s arm, Taeyeon pulled her away from the steadily growing pool of blood on the floor and watched as officers and medics arrived, taking the man away.

Taeyeon turned to the Interpol agent and smirked – the first expression the agent had ever seen on the bodyguard. Ever. “The Triad needs to learn some new tricks don’t you think?”

Leaving the agent ever more confused, Taeyeon led Jessica away towards the back exit as Jessica’s press manager stayed behind to answer questions and quell the excitement – this was a somewhat good start for the shopping mall. All the newspapers would be covering it which meant one thing: free advertisement. It didn’t matter that a hitman was arrested here, people love to shop. People like controversy. People like Jessica Jung’s elusive bodyguard in action, bringing down bad guys like a real, live superhero.

///

Taeyeon guided Jessica out of the back exit and into her personal ride – a steel colored Nissan GT-R. Surprisingly, Jessica stayed calm throughout the ordeal. Rather, she worried more for Taeyeon’s wound than her own safety. As Taeyeon began driving back towards Jessica’s penthouse, the blonde dabbed at the wound with a handkerchief, looking at the bodyguard with concerned eyes.

“Are you alright?”

Taeyeon merely glanced at her mistress and nodded, her face expressionless the entire way.

///

A floor above her own apartment, Taeyeon led Jessica into the penthouse, helping the blonde set down her coat and bag.

She sat down on the couch at Jessica’s insistence and allowed the woman to help her dress the wound. It was nothing to Taeyeon. She had been in worse situations before – much worse. She had had most of her ribs broken at least once and had her collarbone crushed twice before. This was nothing. But nonetheless she let the other woman tend to it.

“There. That should stop the bleeding.” Jessica said quietly as she finished taping a small gauze on the wound. “It’s just a graze wound but look how close it is. It might have killed you.”

“No.” Taeyeon said bluntly, “It could have killed you. As your bodyguard, I need to take bullets for you. No harm should come to you under my watch.”

Jessica frowned at Taeyeon’s words.

“But-“

“If there is nothing else, I shall leave you in your privacy Jessica.” Taeyeon interrupted, standing up and picking up her katana.

“Wait.” Taeyeon stopped at the door, turning around to face her mistress.

“Stay.” Jessica said, walking closer to the shorter woman. “I order you to stay.” Jessica tugged on Taeyeon’s sleeve, her usual calm and confident exterior dropped.

Taeyeon blinked at her, lowering her head. She had no choice but to obey.

‘She still stirs feelings in me. Feelings that should have been buried and burned long ago. She is more dangerous to me than most believe. She tempts me to feel what I have vowed to never feel again.’ Taeyeon thought as she looked into Jessica’s imploring brown eyes. ‘Does she know what she does to me?’

Taeyeon already knew the answer. Jessica did. Yuri did. All three of them knew. And the latter two took advantage of it.

‘Everything and anything for her – for them.’

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica looking her in the eye, asking a question that didn’t even need to be asked. Asking for something that wasn’t Taeyeon’s to give. Something that Taeyeon had an obligation to give to her.

///

‘Such a tease.’

Taeyeon did not, a part of her could not, resist the alluring blonde as she was led into Jessica’s room. She never could resist then and she couldn’t now for even more reasons.

Jessica must have felt her hesitate because the taller woman leaned over to whisper in her ear. “Please? You know what we must play this game. Why we all play this game. Yuri is coming home tomorrow. This is the only way she’d be content.” Jessica noticed the lingering hesitance in Taeyeon’s eyes. “This is the only way I’d be content. The only thing I ask of you.”

A game Taeyeon was forced to play. A game she had to play because she was once in love. A game the three most powerful people in the world played because of their past. A game that Yuri demanded her to take part of because they all knew what happened at in the past. Because they all knew what happened at the ‘business meetings’ Yuri had with other powerful people. All for the business. All of the deals. All for the contracts. All for the power. And most of all, all for the sake of hiding their broken hearts. A game of who owns whose hearts – even when none of the three main players owned their own.

Taeyeon fell back against the wall, lifting her chin to expose her neck to Jessica. She felt soft lips dotting kisses along her collar bone and up to her jaw bone when her phone vibrated in her pocket. Yuri.

She already knew what the text message would say. It always said the same thing.

-Business meeting. Do as she asks. I’ll be home tomorrow. 3 bullets.-

Three bullets in a revolver that dictated Taeyeon’s life and death. The custom revolver only had three chambers – for three bullets. One for each of them. If she ever fails to protect Jessica, the first bullet would go into the throat of Jessica’s killer. The second, which Yuri herself would pull the trigger to fire, would go into Taeyeon’s heart. And finally, the last bullet would be meant of Yuri’s head. Three bullets. Three lives. All revolving around the actions of one person. Taeyeon.

A game. Just a game. A game that started because of her [Taeyeon].

Jessica’s lips connected with her neck, hand inching up Taeyeon’s shirt, tracing a familiar path.

Taeyeon groaned as Jessica found the weak spot on her neck. A spot only Jessica knew how to find. Feelings only the blonde could make her feel.

Clothes were off. Emotional barriers down. Taeyeon allowed herself to be pushed onto the bed and hiss as Jessica traced the two long scars running across her back – two V shaped scars going from shoulder to shoulder. Taeyeon allowed herself to twitch when Jessica’s hand touched a place only she could touch, her with deliberate slowness, teasing her. Taeyeon allowed herself to wrap her arms around her mistress’s back, embracing her, whimpering aloud as a tongue found its way down her navel. Taeyeon allowed herself to feel again when soft lips found their ways to hers. Taeyeon allowed herself a few moments of weakness, whining, whimpering, groaning, and shiver as Jessica decided to be coy with her hands and mouth, watching as her bodyguard silently begged for more. Taeyeon allowed herself to momentarily break down her emotional walls as she writhed underneath her mistress, hands tightly grabbing the white sheets, crying out the name of the lover that didn’t belong to her.

Everything and anything for both of them – right?

///

pink| Three Bullet Revolver II

Tiffany stood still in realization. She stood in the crowd as everyone panicked over what had just occurred. A million thoughts were running through her head as she absorbed what had just happened.

‘It’s her. It has to be her.’

Realization struck as Tiffany continued to process the information. Although her head was filled with thoughts about what to do and how the bodyguard knew her identity and admiration for her skills, there was inkling of interest that Tiffany herself had yet to register. Interest about this person whose name she just learned from a local reporter: Kim Taeyeon.

Tiffany knew what she had to do as she turned and spotted Jessica Jung and Kim Taeyeon walking out the back exit into the parking facility. She did what any good agent would do. Follow them.

Knowing that Taeyeon would probably notice her presence after a while, Tiffany ran to her car – an Audi R8 – her GPS device and followed Taeyeon’s vehicle at a distance while occasionally turning onto a detour to avoid suspicion. Finally, she followed the pair to a luxury apartment complex, where she assumed Jessica resided. She could see heavy security waiting outside for the executive so she simply drove past the building and waited for around ten minutes before turning around.

Since the security had gone in with Jessica and the bodyguard, Tiffany found her way inside the lobby. More security. There were three doormen, one of which was holding the glass door open and the other two whom were guarding the elevators. Four more guards stood stiffly around the area and Tiffany could spot at least two undercover sitting in the lounge area.

Pressing a certain button on her phone through the fabric of her pocket, Tiffany’s phone began to ring. Whispering an “excuse me” to the nearest doorman, she walked to a corner where she press her speed dial to call a trusted ally.

“Hey, Nicole. It’s Fany. I need a favor. Yeah. 900 Half Crest Ave. Yeah, the Rolyce Apartment complex. I need to get to the penthouse. Could you do that? Great. Lee SoonKyu? 30th floor? Is that the closest you can get me? Alright, fine. Thanks!”

Tiffany hung up her phone and smiled apologetically to the doorman. “Um, yeah, I’m here to visit Lee SoonKyu, I think she’s on the 30th floor? Could you call her for me so I can go up?”

The door man nodded politely as he picked up the service phone behind him and dialed a number. Little did he know, Lee SoonKyu’s phone had been tapped by fellow agent Nicole so that the call rerouted elsewhere.

“Miss, please come this way. Ms. Lee has vouched for you and you are clear to enter.” The doorman led Tiffany to the elevators where another doorman followed her into the elevator and pressed the button. The two stood in silence as Tiffany watched the numbers go up quickly but steadily. As the bell rang and the doors slid open, the doorman bowed and held the ‘open’ button.

“Thanks.” Tiffany said, bowing in return as she walked towards room 308. Halfway there, Tiffany turned around to see that the elevator doors had closed and that the elevator was making its way back down to the first floor. She checked her watch and waited for the call. A minute later, the phone vibrated, signaling an incoming text.

-Done. You have 10 minutes to get up there.-

10 minutes to get to the 47th floor. Tiffany sighed as she broke out into a quick jog, trying to make as little noise as possible as she hurried up the stairs before the security cameras began working again.

///

Tiffany managed to get into the apartment rather easily. Well as easy as it could be when the door had an electronic lock. Luckily, Nicole helped her out there as well.

‘Bless her soul,’ Tiffany thought, ‘I don’t know what we’d do without that little tech geek.’

Hearing movement in one of the rooms, Tiffany quietly made her way into an adjacent closet that was connected to the wall of the room. It was a two way closet with slanted wood sills so that Tiffany could see out but outsiders could not see in. Tiffany had definitely gotten lucky.

A hiss broke her from congratulating herself on her luck of finding her way in and finding her target. Crouching, Tiffany looked carefully through the slits, eyes widening at what she saw.

‘It seems these two are more than just mistress and bodyguard.’

Usually immune to these sights due to what she saw because of the nature of her job, Tiffany found herself surprised that her face was flushed at the sight of the two. There seemed to be more than just what meets the eye between the two. Like a close relationship. Like an attraction between them.

‘Like almost but not quite love.’

Tiffany was startled and blushed at a loud gasp. She spun around only to get an eyeful of heated flesh and passionate movements, flushing even redder, she returned to her position facing the other door until she was startled by a soft but sharp whimpering cry of the blonde’s name. She turned to see that the two had finished what they had doing and seemed to be in the process of falling asleep. Staying still for 20 more minutes, Tiffany finally believed that they were still and tried to make sure that she would not disturb the two. But as Tiffany turned to move out of her hiding spot, she heard the rustling of bed sheets and that Taeyeon had gotten out of bed, carefully removing herself from Jessica’s embrace and re-covering the blonde with the comforter.

Tiffany tensed and moved her hand towards her gun as Taeyeon walked closer to her position. The short woman seemed to be standing still in front of the door, gathering something from a shelf next to it. Tiffany was about to sigh a breath of relief with the shadow that was Taeyeon stopped moving.

Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat as once again, the bodyguard addressed her without looking at her. “I do everything she asks of me. Everything they ask of me. It is the only way I know of to repent. I live only for them, to serve them, and for their happiness.”

Taeyeon finished speaking and turned away, walking out of sight into another room connected to the bedroom. 

Tiffany let a tense breath escape as she turned to leave.

///

black | Three Bullet Revolver III

Taeyeon stepped into the bathroom flicking the lights on with her eyes closed and opening them to turn the faucet on. There were two toothbrushes in the cup next to the sink. One for Jessica, one for Yuri. Dressed in only her white dress shirt, Taeyeon opened one of the glass cabinets behind her and pulled out a rather new looking toothbrush. Her own spare for these occasions.

Taeyeon proceed to brush her teeth. A few moments later, footsteps were heard from the bedroom and Jessica appeared at the bathroom door. The taller woman was clad in white shorts and a loose black dress shirt similar to the one Taeyeon currently had on. Jessica watched as Taeyeon methodically brushed her teeth, seemingly ignoring the blonde’s presence.

“Don’t you ever wonder what life would be like if all of what happened never happened?” Jessica asked, leaning on the glass cabinets behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon turned and looked Jessica in the eyes, face expressionless. The toothbrush left . “I don’t.” She said. “I can’t.” She added, looking back at the mirror and continued brushing her teeth.

Jessica stretched her legs and looked down at her feet, reaching into the pocket of her shorts and taking her phone out to look at the time. 10:12AM. Two hours since the incident.

“Do you love her?” Taeyeon’s said, startling the taller woman. The question obviously took her by surprise. “Yuri I mean.” Taeyeon added.

Taeyeon watched as the blonde looked at her through her reflection on the mirror. Hearing now immediate response, Taeyeon proceeded to spit and rinse, washing any remaining toothpaste foam off her face.

“I can’t replace her.” Taeyeon heard Jessica’s reply. “I’m trying so hard but I can’t do it.”

Taeyeon stood up straight and looked at Jessica’s eyes through the mirror. “No one expects you to.”

“Yuri does.”

Taeyeon stared at Jessica’s reflection and dropped her eyes for a second before reestablishing eye contact. “She needs to move on,” she said with her usual expressionless voice.

“Tae-“

“You need to move on as well.” Taeyeon continued before Jessica could speak. “I will do this for as long as you and Yuri wish it, but I can’t be what you want me to be Jessica. You know I cannot. You know why. I do this all for you.”

Jessica looked back down at her feet, falling silent as Taeyeon moved to wash her face. The two were silent until Taeyeon finally turned off the faucet and reached for a towel to dry her face and Jessica spoke.

“Is it wrong to dream about what we can’t have? What we could have had?”

Taeyeon paused in drying her face and looked up at the mirror to see Jessica staring at her.

“It is only wrong to dream about what we don’t deserve.”

 

 

 

+++++++++

1.       A note that Interpol sends out request for info of a person related to a crime or the identity of criminal.