Chapter 7- Discovering A Past Hurt

We Got Married (TaeMin and You version)

Your POV

 

I couldn't be any happier today. We just finished our album promotion today (which lasted for about three weeks), and the fans loved us. Tae Kyung oppa got an accident with the fans on our second week, and to show their sincerity to him, they paid half of the hospital bill and even sent him food everyday. Tae Kyung oppa cried at seeing this. He felt how much the fans loved us. Some even bought 3 albums in order to help in the payment of Tae Kyung oppa's hospital bill. We were all so touched. Tae Kyung oppa's injury wasn't that serious, so we went on with our album promotions. I already suggested the idea to manager, and he said it would be a good idea. He'll tell Mr. Park Jin-Young and if it gets approved, we'd be able to hold a free concert with our fans.

Ooh...that reminds me. I haven't filmed for We Got Married for almost a month now. But, I don't really mind. Not seeing that Taemin really makes my day. Okay, screw that. Maybe I did miss him a little. It's ONLY a little!

We were already driving back to our dorm when somebody called me.

"Yeobosaeyo?"

"Min Hyeon-ssi! Don't you remember? You're filming We Got Married today! Please come to your house now! Quick!" The guy who called hung up on me quickly. Maybe it was the PD. Gosh. I really didn't remember. I already had a note in my schedule notebook. Why didn't I remember?

"Manager, please send me to WGM's filming site after we get off," I said to him.

"I'll make it fast," He nodded. He drove to the side and everyone went out. They all said "Fighting!" to me and manager drove off.

------------------

"Ugh," Taemin groaned. I was so late. "Don't you know that I got bored and cooked all of these?" I looked at where he was pointing at. The dinner table was filled with Kimchi, Bean paste stew, Kimbap and some Italian pasta. I gasped in shock. How could the Lord of rudeness, Lee Taemin, cook all of this? Where did he get this stuff?

Taemin, reading my expressions, smirked. "You left your mom's cook book in the house."

I snapped back to my senses. "So, Mom's cook book was left here! Gosh. She was looking for it when I visited last week!"

Taemin frowned again. "Idiot. You made your mom worried about the book." I ignored him. Oh, gosh. The delicious food...

Taemin sighed then laughed. "Go eat. You seem pretty hungry." I looked at him with puppy eyes (This is the only aegyo I have) and sat down and started digging in.

"Won't you eat?" I asked Taemin, who was reading a book on the seat opposite of me.

"Oh, me?" He looked at the food and turned his gaze at me. "Sure. If..."

"If what?"

"If you feed me."

I dropped my fork at the sentence. Me? Feed this rude person?!

"No way!"

He pouted at me. Ugh. So, this was the pout that a lot of unnies die for? I even hear the stylist unnies talking about his cute smiles and pouts. Even though he is cute, he is so not getting into me.

"No." I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"I'm hungry," He whined.

"Don't you have hands?" I shot back at him.

"Don't you have hands to feed me?" He smirked. Ugh. Lee Taemin, I feel so guilty for missing you. I still shook my head. I can't fall for him this time.

"You still won't feed me?" He gazed at me seriously. He cleared his throat and stood up. He was getting near me. More like neared to my face.

How do I face this situation? His face was only inches away from me. My heart was pounding too fast. I wanted to grip on my fork and stab it on his face, but I couldn't. I was frozen. He was getting nearer and nearer...

 

Until I pushed his knees. He was unbalanced, and almost fell. I laughed and laughed until I saw a small picture frame with a girl in it. Wait, isn't that...

"Taemin, isn't that Sulli from f(x)?"

Taemin was silent. He was standing so erect. His head was bowed down, and his eyes were glued to the picture.

"Get out," His tone was scary. Why was he holding a picture of Sulli anyway? I mean...why? 

I instantly covered the picture with my handkerchief before the cameras zoom in on it. Taemin sighed angrily and locked himself inside his room. I acted like I was sad and upset in front of the camera. Geez, Taemin owes me a lot. I'm going to pretend that I broke his family picture. I better get a free dinner for this.

 

I'm sure the captions here would be like, "Why did Taemin-nampyeon throw a fit on his anae, Min Hyeon?"

------------------

I received the mission card outside. Taemin was still inside his room. I tried to understand Taemin. Maybe Sulli was really important to him. I mean, Sulli is a really great friend to me. Maybe Taemin and her were best friends of some sort. It would really hurt to have the picture of your best friend broken. I opened the mission card first.

To. Pole Couple

Your next mission is to take care of a kid! Please make sure that the kid has a good time with you while his parents are away. He's 4 years old already. Hope this helps with making up the two of you, Min Hyeon-ssi! Fighting!

Staff.

The "Hope this helps" part was handwritten. Maybe it was added just now.  I sighed. Someone rang the door bell again. Ugh. How many mission cards are we supposed to get?

I opened the door, and to my surprise, saw a...

Really. Really. Really. Cute kid. That. Looked. Like. Taemin.

Oh. My. Gosh. MY FREAKING GOSH.

He was his thumb like a baby there, looking left and right. His eyes were anxious. I think the staff rang the door bell and left him there. He was almost in tears. He looked at me, and he started to cry. Aww. He was too cute to be true.

"Come here," I invited, trying to make my voice as smooth and as quiet as possible. I held out my arms to him. But, he was hesitating. He went near me a little, but stopped.

"Eomma! Appa!" He called out. He was crying really loudly now.

I don't know what to do. I haven't handled a kid ever since I was born (Well, I couldn't really hold a kid when I was a kid myself,too.).  I was thinking desperately. What should I do? 

Suddenly, Taemin got out of his room. He shoved me a little to the side, and held out his arms at the kid. The kid stopped crying, and went to Taemin instantly. I was shocked. How could Taemin charm him? I looked at Taemin as he held the kid in his arms. Wow. He really looked like a father. They looked so identical (well, except for the hair). Did the PD give us a baby Taemin? If that's the case, I've had enough Taemins!

"He's my little cousin," Taemin said quietly as he went to the sofa to play.

-----------

"So,so, what's his name?" I smiled and looked at the kid with delight. He was just adorable.

"Sung Min," Taemin replied without expressing any interest. He was too busy smiling at Sung Min. I pouted a bit, but I hope he didn't see that. Knowing Taemin, he would smirk when I pout.

"I'm going out," Taemin declared as he stood up. Sung Min tried to reach for him, but Taemin just waved and went straight to the door. I sighed. Taemin's so out of it today. I couldn't really comfort him, because I was the person who did this damage to him. Sung Min looked at me, puzzled. I took Sung Min in my arms. I was quite happy because Sung Min let me carry him. He was toying with my hair. He was giggling all to himself when I decided to put him down.

"Sung Min, Min Hyeon-eomma will fix this for your appa. Do you want to play with the T.V.?" Gosh. I was such an irresponsible parent. Letting a kid play with the T.V...

But, Sung Min ran to the T.V. immediately. He ignored me and watched Spongebob, the famous cartoon, which was dubbed in Korean. 

I covered the part where the frame was in order to avoid the camera. I picked up Sulli's picture immediately and hid it inside my pocket. I started to pick up the pieces of glass that was scattered on the floor. These might harm Sung Min. I placed it on the table, and got the super glue. I started gluing a few pieces.

Suddenly, Sung Min went near me. He pushed the table, causing one of the big fragments of glass to fall. I pushed Sung Min out of the way and caught the fragment on my hand. But, since it was big, the tip went inside (a little) into my (almost) wrist. I placed the fragment on the table. Sung Min was crying because I pushed him a little hard. I wrapped it around the part where it was bleeding the most, and also wrapped my hand. Man. I was bleeding badly. But, the staff was taking a break. They weren't here. I couldn't cry for help. I have to take care of Sung Min. I have to. 

I went to Sung Min carefully, and held him in my arms. My hands were a little weak, but it's nothing I can't handle. Sung Min started to smile again. I played with him, but he did notice the blood.

"Eomma, why...red thing... on eomma's hand..." Sung Min said. He was confused. Aww. He was still cute this way. 

I tried to smile at him, despite the pain. "Don't worry, Sung Min."

Taemin came back with the staff. He had a Starbucks coffee on his other hand.

Sung Min noticed Taemin immediately, and went to him. He was pointing to my injury. Taemin looked at me, and widened his eyes.

"What the heck? Min Hyeon, what did you do?!" He was almost scolding me.

"Chill, Taemin! I was only...painting with Sung Min and painted it with Red!" I tried to make up an excuse.

"Idiot. There's no paint here."

An ahjumma came inside our house and was saying something to the staff. They were all shocked and looked at me. 

"We have to get you to the hospital!" One of the staff said. They were already calling the ambulance.

I groaned. "No, not the hospital."

"Hos...pital? Eomma will go there?" Sung Min asked. He was his thumb again. 

I kissed him on the cheek. "Eomma will be alright." I winked at him. Second Aegyo.

Taemin went really near me. "What happened, Min Hyeon?" He was so concerned all of a sudden. So, Starbucks was the magic drink to get that absurd Taemin out?

"I pushed Sung Min," I admitted. I can't tell him anything. I might bother him again.

He narrowed his eyes. "If that was all that happened, Sung Min should be the one injured."

Then, suddenly, the staff pushed me towards the door.

Ugh. The hospital.

------------------------

Ugh. You can't believe how much pain I had to go through.

They gave me a shot for tetanus and.. ugh. I hate the sound of the word. Sewn that little cut that opened my skin which led to the fragment (earlier) to pierce inside and... I don't want to explain since it'll gross you out.

I went out of the room to go get some Coke or something. I saw Taemin and Sung Min rushing to meet me.

"Is eomma okay now?" Sung Min asked. I patted his head and smiled.

"Eomma's really okay."

"Not." Taemin replied, looking at my injury.

I pouted at him. "I'm strong enough to bear this, you know."

"Says the girl almost cried when her wrist was being-"

"DON'T SAY THE WORD!" I covered Taemin's mouth. He was laughing. I could feel his hot breath on my hand. And, it was really warm. I was enjoying the warmth when Taemin suddenly smacked my hand.

"How long were you going to keep me shut?!" He scolded. I laughed at him.

Oh, I almost forgot...

I brought out the picture of Sulli and placed it on Taemin's hand. "I'm really sorry, Taemin. I'm really sorry for breaking your frame. I mean, Sulli must've meant a lot to you. I tried fixing that frame, but I couldn't. I guess I can blame the super glue for that. But, no, I broke your-"

"Shut up," Taemin said coolly, tossing his bangs to the side for a second. He was smiling.

I didn't know why I blurted out all those things. I just really felt sorry. "I'm so sorry-"

"Say the word 'sorry' again and I'm going to make you cry."

"So-"

He kissed my cheek. I was so shocked.

"Oh, not 'cry'. I mean 'fall for me'." He smirked at his self-fulfilled words. 

"What the heck, Taemin?! HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO KISS MY CHEEK?!" I was shouting already in the Emergency Room. Everyone was looking at me.

Sung Min and Taemin was laughing. Ugh. These two are really like a father and his son. Aish. I can't help but smile at them.

"Don't worry," Taemin started to say as he played with Sung Min's hair. "I already forgave you the moment Sung Min arrived."

"Really?" I can't believe it. I was really happy to hear that. "Thank you!" I hugged both Taemin and Sung Min.

"Wow, Eomma hugged Appa!" Sung Min exclaimed.

"They look like a perfect family..." An old ahjumma said as she smiled to her companion.

I realized how awkward the situation is.

I let go of Taemin. I looked away from him, and pushed a coin inside the vending machine. The Coke came out really quickly, so I took it and opened it.

Oh, right. I'm not supposed to drink this. This would harm my throat. 

There was a teenage couple sitting in the waiting room of the ER. I approached them. The guy scanned me from head to toe, and winked at me. Ew. Dude, you got a girl friend, and she's sitting right next to you. 

I gave the can to the girl. "Please let your boyfriend drink this and kick his foot afterwards. Let him remember that he has a great girlfriend." I winked at the girl, but the guy misunderstood it. He thought I was winking back at HIM. He stood up and grabbed my face. I was so scared of the guy. Taemin slapped his hand and pushed me backwards.

"She's my yeobo," He glared at him. His tone of voice was scary. It had that threatening tone guys use in movies. "Stay away from her."

The guy got scared and went back to his seat. His girl friend kicked his knee and dumped the Coke on his face. She bowed at me and thanked me for warning her. I winked at Taemin, signalling him that I am absolutely thankful for his help.

"You're flirting with me now? What the heck, Min Hyeon. I shouldn't have saved you."

That got me. "WHAT THE HECK, LEE TAE MIN?! I WAS THANKING YOU, FOR PETE'S SAKE!'' That got the nurse's attention. We were sent out of the Emergency Room. I was already permitted to go out of the hospital. I thanked the nurse, who glared at me nonstop. 

Taemin was still laughing about the whole incident.

"So, what's going on between you and Sulli?" I asked, since we weren't filming right now. We were finished. 

Taemin paused for a moment. "Why do you need to know?" He said, sharply.

"Please?" I did my 'aegyo', which I don't do really often. He finally sighed. We sat down on a random bench inside a park.

"Start," I said to him as I put Sung Min on top of my legs. He was pleading to get down, so I let him down. He played with the fallen leaves behind us. 

"I.." He was nervous. He was looking everywhere. "I had a fling with Sulli," He whispered to me.

"Fling?" I asked. Does fling = relationship?

"Yeah. I dated her once. I really..really..."

"Loved her." I finished off the sentence. Wow. I can't believe it. Korea's Top Rude Idol, Lee Tae Min, has fallen head over heels for Sulli. 

"Y-yeah. But, she broke it off...with me... because her career might go down."

"Oh."' I was speechless. I could feel the heart break. Somehow, I really feel like I'm in the movies. Okay, I'm a movie buff, alright? I keep mentioning stuff like this.

"Cheer up! I'm sure there's a better girl there somewhere!'' I tried to tell something really positive. I mean, it hurt him a lot. Maybe some optimism would cheer him up.

''Arasso. I don't love Sulli anymore. I was supposed to throw it away from my luggage but ended up being broken anyway." He smiled. He was very bright.The usual Taemin I see. ''Sorry if I threw a fit at you. It just brought back the memories."

"Waah. I can't believe you became so open to me." I hugged Taemin. I was so happy that he got to open up to me already. I was smiling so hard that I think my mouth would extend til my ear.

"Stop hugging me, idiot. Do you really like me that much? That's gross, you know. I can't believe some bird brain likes me." He showed me a disgusted face and laughed.

I punched his ribs. "Are you done talking?!"

"That hurt, Min Hyeon!"

I chased Taemin around the park, laughing like an idiot. We played with Sung Min and went home afterwards.

----------------------------

Was that long? :)). I used 4 hours just forming this chapter. hope you enjoy this!