Chapter 6- Getting Along For Once

We Got Married (TaeMin and You version)

"Min Hyeon-ah..."

I shrugged and narrowed my eyebrows. I was still lying on somewhere soft. I turned my back against the voice I was hearing.

"Min Hyeon-ah...!"

The voice was frustrated. I felt the hand of the voice under me. I tried to imagine were the exact position of the voice's face. I instantly hit the voice's face, and pretended I was still asleep.

"Ah,really!" 

I opened my eyes to see Taemin rubbing his cheek. I laughed.

"Revenge.Merong~"

"Cheeky, aren't you? Your future husband would really hate you for hitting him in the morning. So unromantic."

"Aren't you my husband already?" I shot back at him sarcastically. He just laughed.

"Hey,uhh.. I'm sorry for last night," I blushed. So, he did remember what happened. I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye, and bowed.

"Eh?"

"I..uhh...was a burden to you, but I'm really okay now." He smiled at me and stretched his arms, as if he was someone who was refreshed. I sighed in relief. 

"Pabo! Don't make me worry like that again!" I laughed and hit him with a pillow. He paused.
"You were worried?"

"Who won't get worried when their friend is sick?!" I tried to defend myself. I mean, I got so used to him being around me. I already treated him as a friend ever since we spent time with each other frequently.

He smiled very brightly. "Thanks, Yeobo." He patted my head. "But, I have to go now. We're going to practice at exactly 4pm later."

"Good thing this wasn't in the braodcast," I wiped my cheek. "Ya, Taemin-ah, let's promise something to each other."

"What?"

"Let's go here in Jeju Island after our so-called marriage ends, okay?"
"Are you crazy?"

I put a finger on my lips. "Nothing beats relaxation,riiiggghtt?" I was teasing him. Of course, I wanted to come back here after WGM. I mean, it's so relaxing here. 

"Yeah,yeah. I'll be packing up now." Taemin said with boredom and went to the room. I lied down on the sofa again and drifted to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was back in Seoul by 3pm. Taemin went ahead of me, but that doesn't bother me. I got my luggage and went straight to our van. It wasn't a normal van,though. It has the capacity of 15 people inside, so it was pretty big. All my oppas and unnies were there. 

"Min Hyeon is baaaacckk~"  Hee Rin unnie exclaimed, hugging me very tightly. "We really missed you,you know."

"More like missing her because she would always be the one cleaning the dishes," Tae Kyung oppa laughed. The boys went along and laughed with him. I pouted at them.

"Oppa! You're the one always appointing me to do the dishes!"

"Ya, don't cause any stress for Min Hyeon. She already received much stress." Seung Hyun rubbed my head. Seung Hyun was really being like a brother right now.

Ju Rin unnie was eating snacks. She was motioning me to take some, since she couldn't talk because of the food in . I shook my head.

"Do you want to eat Tteokbokki?" I offered. I owed them this much. I mean, I wasn't with them all the time, so I had to make up for it.

Everyone nodded at me. I asked manager if I could buy some Tteokbokki on the streets. He agreed, but he told me he would be the one to buy in order to avoid the press. I gave him the money and we stopped near a Tteokbokki store. 

"Ya, Min Hyeon," Ju Min unnie called out from the back seat. "Do you think Taemin-ssi is hot?"

Everyone went silent. Then, Min Kyung unnie smacked Ju Min unnie's head.

"What are you doing?! Why are you asking a question like that to the person's anae?!"

"Eh? B-but, it's not like they're really together and I was just wondering why people find him so hot when he's so thin."

We stared at her in shock. 

"Bad press, Ju Min. Baaaad."

"You're not supposed to bash on other artists, Ju Min. " Ju Rin unnie lectured her. She bowed at me.

"Min Hyeon, please say sorry to Taemin for me."

"Oh,uhh...sure." I just replied and tried to find the banana milk inside my bag. I finally found it and drank. Nothing beats banana milk!

Manager came back with a big plastic of Tteokbokki. Everyone was excited to eat. Tae Kyung oppa distributed the Tteokbokki, and we all ate. Uwaah. The taste of Tteokbokki is great. 

When I got home, I suddenly had the urge. This is really a strange urge.

"Unnie," I called out to Hee Rin unnie. "Do...you..umm.."

"Do I what?"

"Do you have... Taemin's number?" I was so embarrassed to blurt it out. I mean, I'm not really that fond of him. She just laughed.

"Manager has it."

I went to Manager and asked him. He said he did have it. He sent me Taemin's number and I went instantly to my room.

I was so nervous. I only wanted to find out if he has been doing well since this morning. He didn't take any medicine. What if he faints in practice? The SHINee oppas would so blame me.

I pressed the "Call" button and waited for him to answer. 

"Yeobosaeyo?" An unfamiliar voice answered. I guess Taemin was really busy.
"Oh,uh,hello,"

"Who's this?"

I paused for a second. "This is...umm...Taemin's umma. Is Taemin doing well? He had a fever this morning and I'm not quite sure if he's well already." I tried to imitate the voice of an ahjumma.

"He did? Taemin's doing well. He's practicing very hard with his hyungs. I remember him taking some medicine earlier, but it was only for headaches. Is there anything else you want to know, Mrs. Lee?"

Boy, that hit me. Mrs. Lee? Wow. That's one heck of a name to call me. "Nothing else. Goodbye."

I ended the call immediately. I was relieved that it wasn't Taemin who answered. I would be so surprised that I wouldn't be able to talk.

------------------------------------

Taemin's POV

"You guys can take a break for now. 5 minutes." Our instructor said. I instantly went to my bag. I was puzzled because manager hyung approached me.

"Did you get sick this morning?" He asked. How did he know?

"Ne."
"Your umma just called to see if you're doing well or not., I just told her you were doing well. Here's your phone," Manager hyung handed me my phone. I looked at the number. It was an unknown number. My umma's number is saved here, so if she calls, it would be her name appearing.

It wasn't my umma. 

I laughed at my conclusion. I called the number back.

"Yeobosaeyo?" She answered.

"Hello, umma. Thanks for checking on me a while ago. Can I ask a question? Why is your voice so high?" I was laughing after I said the word "voice". She knew that I knew that it was her calling. I guess she's already flustered and embarrassed. 

"Way to go, Min Hyeon. You could've at least disguised yourself as my sister rather than my umma."

"Ya! Is it wrong for me to check on you? If you're not doing well there and your hyungs find out that you got sick and I was with you, they would blame me!"

"Oh, is that so?" I was mocking her. Really. "Is that the only reason why you checked on me?"

"Y-yeah!" 

I just laughed.

''Bye, umma. You might me doing something else there. Bye." I hung up on her without letting her say a word.

 

''He sure does have a lot of fun talking with his umma," Jong Hyun said as he looked at Taemin laugh after keeping his phone inside his bag.

 

--------------------------

END

 

So sorry. I was out for two weeks, right? I couldn't find the time to update you all. D:. I was in my grandparents' place last week and there was no internet connection there. Sorry to all. :(