Chapter 21-What We Knew Before

We Got Married (TaeMin and You version)

Your POV

Minho oppa was silent in the other end.

"...You remember...that?" He asked quietly. I was so surprised.

...So, he was the Ball guy that flashed through my memories just now?!

I couldn't believe it.

This means...Minho oppa is my childhood friend?

"Oppa...how come..." I couldn't even say the right words. I heard him chuckle.

"Ya, it's so hard to keep using formalities because I always used informality with you," He said while he chuckled some more. "Don't call me oppa anymore."

I was quite surprised with what he said. Still, I could feel really "at home" with him. "Ne, Ball." I laughed.

"Min Hyeon, we're not kids anymore. Stop calling me Ball."

"But I want to!"

He gave up and sighed. "Minho's fine, but since you insist..."

I jumped and screamed. "YAY!!!!" I swear I could make the entire dorm shatter because of my voice.

"Ya, calm down!" He laughed again. I feel like he's my real oppa. "Do you still remember Domo? He's actually -"

"YA! HYUNG! I need to talk to Sulli,too!" I heard Taemin scream. I could hear whacking noises, which meant that Ball was being hit by Taemin. My heart broke when I heard his voice.

"Min Hyeon?" Ball asked, worried. I wasn't answering him. It took him a second to realize what happened.

"Alright,alright. I'll be hanging up. Let's meet tomorrow."

He suddenly hung up.

I shouldn't have done that.

I mean, I must be happy.

Alright. I'm going to do a mission.

I really need to move on.

I should forget about Taemin.

Yes, yes. Taemin is long gone in my life.

He's just an ordinary friend now.

A friend.

I felt my eyes burn up again, but I controlled them. Anyways, the unnies and oppas were going to be here sooner or later.

I got some eggs, and started cooking.

---------------------------------------

"So, you are officially dating each other now. This is a mystery. Kim Jonghyun from the same group admitted to dating Shin Se Kyung last year, and now, Choi Minho is admitting to dating Kim Min Hyeon. Let's have a few words from them."

I felt my chest getting tighter and tighter. I was so nervous. I looked at Ball. He just smiled at me, and told me that everything was going to be okay. 

I just wish that everything he's saying is true.

"So, first question: Since when did you two started dating?"

Ball shot up at the question, and looked at the reporter. "We've been dating for a month now." Wow. He made it sound like it was real.

"Min Hyeon-ssi, aren't you 18? Isn't it awkward for you to have a boyfriend who is three years older than you?"

I gulped. "Well, it's not really a problem. As long as we like each other, then everything's enough."

Everyone was clapping at my response.

"Minho-ssi, why were you hugging her in the hospital's garden? More importantly, why are you two hiding in the bushes?"

I saw Ball getting all worked up now.

"We got into a little misunderstanding, and we settled things there. We didn't want to be recognized by people,so we hid there."

I was truly amazed with Ball. He was confidently speaking in front of the press, but they were all lies. 

It was all believable.

"Min Hyeon-ssi, you just finished your marriage contract in WGM with Lee Taemin, which is another member from Minho-ssi's boy group, SHINee. There are some rumors that you're playing with Lee Taemin and Choi Minho. Is it true?"

I gulped at the name mentioned by the reporter. Taemin.

"Well," I tried to find some words. "They're not true. I dated Minho oppa after our contract ended in WGM. Lee Taemin and I are good friends, and nothing else."

"But, a lot of people support the Pole Couple. How do you respond to them?"

I kinda frowned when I heard about that. I was remembering the times that I spent with Taemin. I hid my frown, and tried to smile in front of them. "I thank them for all the support that they've given, but it's until there only."

I was kinda sad at this fact. I was surprised when I felt a hand touch mine. It was Ball's. He was soothing me like an oppa.

They asked a few more questions. We took up an hour and thirty minutes in order to answer all the questions thrown at us. I was glad that it was all over. I didn't want to break down in an interview. I told myself to move on, but I was being overwhelmed by my memories.

"Hey, I'll show you something." Ball smiled genuinely and dragged me to the park. It was a really nearby park. We were running really fast to avoid the press. Ball has really improved. He's a good runner now.

We stopped at a basketball court. Suddenly, Ball disappeared from my side. Next thing I knew, he was holding and dribbling a ball.

"Remember this?" He shouted as he ran around the court and did a jump shot. He was really amazing now. He wasn't the Ball I used to know.

He became more manlier.

"Minho!" I called out using his real name. Ball doesn't suit him at all right now. I was seeing the real Minho with my eyes.

"Finally! You now know my name!'' He shouted and laughed. He approached me and hugged me.

I was taken aback. I couldn't hug him back. But,soon, I realized my arms working its way to Minho's back.

"Thank you, Min Hyeon." He whispered in my ear. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to be what I am right now."

I just laughed. "Mushy, aren't we?"

I recognized myself saying what Taemin said.

I quickly shut my mouth, and sat on the bench. Minho was all sweaty.

"You really do love Taemin, huh?" Minho asked. I blushed at the thought. I shook my head sideways.

"It says you are."

"But..." I didn't know what to say. He just knows me too much. "He doesn't love me back."

He chuckled. "I don't want to believe you. I knew how Taemin was before he..."

"Before he what?" I quickly asked. He suddenly shut himself up.

"Nothing. My memories are confusing!" He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"So, do you know more memories from our past?" He asked with a gentle tone. That was soothing.

I shook my head. "Actually, that memory just passed through my head out of nowhere. I guess that's the only thing I remember from when I was a child."

He frowned. "You're missing so much, Min Hyeon."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll find out." He whispered awkwardly. We were sitting in silence yet again.

Minho got up and dragged me to SHINee's van. "We need to get out of here. Manager hyung says the media would be flooding over here in 5 minutes."

I ran along with him towards the van. Everyone was inside the van. Sulli was there,too. Sulli has been sticking around Taemin too much.

I tried to ignore Taemin, and I guess the rest of the SHINee members knew what I was doing. Aish, I was just too honest with everything. 

I was sitting beside Taemin. It was really uncomfortable. It was hard trying to ignore him and Sulli.

Luckily, Onew oppa asked Taemin if they could switch places. After all, Onew oppa was just sitting beside Sulli. He agreed, and Onew oppa was finally beside me. He tapped my back as if I had cough. It was so hard that I felt like I was going to throw up blood.

"Careful!" I said with an annoying tone as I rubbed my back. Onew oppa just grinned like a fool.

"Just thank me for what I did."

I bowed to him and smiled sarcastically. "Thank you,then."

"That's not how you talk to elders." Key oppa barged in. We all laughed at him. Oh, Key oppa and his "umma mode".

"I get scolded for feeling hurt after Onew oppa hit me?!" I pretended to answer him back, like a rebellious child. This only got Key oppa's nagging to get worse.

"YA! I'm older than you!" He shouted. I swear, we could all roll ourselves on the floor. We were all laughing so hard (except for Key oppa).

Key oppa's nags never ended. I was laughing like crazy. Soon, Key oppa realized why we were all laughing so hard. He now knew that I was pretending. He said sorry, and laughed at himself.

"Ah!" I heard Taemin exclaim. "I remember!"

We all looked at him, puzzled.

"Min Hyeon-ssi, we were in We Got Married together, right? Though, I only remember the day we met and decided to become a married couple..." He scratched his head.

Was Taemin really pretending?

Was he trying to get my attention?

Or, is something really fishy around here...?

Soon, SHINee reached their destination. They were going for a gig in Sukira Kiss radio. Sulli and I were left inside the van. Their manager was with them.

Sulli and I were both silent. Then, she touched my shoulder.

"Min Hyeon-ssi, I need a favor."

I smiled. "What favor?"

She didn't want to say it, but sighed at the end. "Could you please stay away from Taemin? I know it's kind of selfish but..." She was almost crying. "I think he really loves me right now. After that accident, Taemin had erased his memories of you and him. He loves me right now, and I think you love him,too. But, I don't want you to hope because Taemin told me he doesn't have plans to be with you."

Sulli was tearing up right now. 

"Could you please stay away from him...?"

-----------------------------------

THE END.

WOW. I can't believe this.

It's finally the 21st chapter!

I didn't know that it would last this long! 

I love you guys.

Keep reading, and enjoy. ;)