Ultimatum

Dirty Little Secret

 

JaeBum cursed himself for his carelessness and rushed forward immediately kicking InSu in the face, removing the gun from his hand.

“KAE!” YoungJae screamed as he crawled to her. He panted heavily as he held the fallen girl in his arms. “YOU IDIOT! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!”

“Jae…would be sad…girl is important…to Jae…” she gasped out.

“YOUNGJAE! HOW BADLY IS SHE HURT?!” JaeBum yelled out. YoungJae bit his lip as his hand ghosted over the second bullet wound right next to her heart.

“Severely. JB! SHE NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION NOW!” YoungJae screamed back. Without another word, JaeBum ran out to retrieve a squad. “Kae, hang in there, you’re going to be fine.”

“It’s okay…it doesn’t hurt…” Kae smiled up at him as she reached up to him. YoungJae took her hand and held it tightly. “Kae has been trained hard…so pain doesn’t bother her…Kae is amazing, right?”

“You…that’s why you could stand having metal shard embedded into your back…you don’t…you don’t even know your limit anymore…Kae, you’re not okay! You can’t keep moving when you’re hurt like this!” YoungJae realized, furious at what they had trained her to become.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out her half of the necklace that they made together.

“Kae always knew…Jae was alive…even if Appa told her Jae was dead…Jae didn’t feel dead to Kae,” she explained as she tried to lift up the necklace to show him, but her arm was too weak to do even that small task. YoungJae grabbed her hand and helped it up to him. “…Kae is happy to have found Jae.”

“I am, too, Kae,” he agreed, holding her hand with the necklace with a reassuring squeeze. “I had a feeling you were alive. Because what would Jae be without Kae?”

“Jae?”

YoungJae looked down at her with tearful eyes, unable to ignore the two fatal wounds she was sporting on her body.

“Why are you crying?” she wondered with a frown. “Kae…wants to protect Jae’s smile…because Jae looks the best when he smiles.”

“Kae…”

Kae offered him a weak smile. One of nostalgia, of innocence, of ignorance.

“When Jae smiles, Kae always feels her best.”

So he smiled for her through his tears as he held her hand to his forehead.

“Thank you…Jae.”

Her last words before her eyes closed permanently.

“…Kae?”

YoungJae felt his heart stop as his eyes widened in fear.

“Kae? Kae, open your eyes. Kae?! KAE! PLEASE!” he screamed, squeezing her hand. “PLEASE DON’T GO! PLEASE, I NEED YOU, KAE!”

But his pleading was useless as the girl had already become limp in his arms.

“YoungJae…” YongGuk called out as he put his hand on his shoulder. “…I’m sorry…”

While all the attention was on Kae, InSu had managed to free himself of the handcuffs and grabbed a gun, charging at DaeHee.

“No one move or I’ll kill her,” InSu ordered as he glared at HoWon, standing right next to DaeHee.

“Keunahbuji!”

“Silence, HoWon. I’ve worked too many years for this to be taken away from me. These bloodbots are mine. And no one will stop me from getting it!” InSu laughed maniacally as DaeHee glared up at him.

“Why?! Why would you do such a thing?!” she asked in fury. “How many people have to suffer for your delusions?!”

“Keunahbuji! They’re gone! It’s been years already! Please just accept it!” HoWon reasoned frantically as InSu tightened his hold on DaeHee’s neck. “Please don’t do this anymore!”

“No! They aren’t gone! I won’t let them be gone! My love and my child! They will be returned to me!” InSu refuted as his eyes seemed to swirl with insanity.

“Ahjussi.”

DaeHyun stared up, stunned by who spoke up.

“EunWoo…”

She calmly raised her arms and slowly walked towards them.

“I have no weapons and I have no skills in combat,” EunWoo explained when she noticed how tense InSu became at her movement. “I just want to talk.”

“Stop your movement or I’ll shoot her,” InSu commanded. EunWoo stopped walking immediately and stared with steady eyes at him.

“I have been wondering this whole time,” EunWoo spoke in a gentle voice. “Why are you so determined to bring back life that has already passed on?”

At her innocent question, InSu could only laugh.

“Because, Child, they had been wrongfully taken away from me. They did not deserve to die! And I will do all that I can to bring back the ones I loved and bring down anyone that stands in the way,” InSu hissed in vengeful bitterness.

“But that’s the wonderful thing about love,” EunWoo smiled as she looked back at each and every one of her new friends.

“Even when the ones most important to you have passed on…” Her smile saddened at the hardship each of them must have gone through after losing their parents. But it quickly brightened again seeing their own family that they had created by themselves. “…there will always be someone who needs a helping hand…someone you know…or even someone you have never met before.”

EunWoo watched as YongGuk and JiEun helped YoungJae up, the younger boy clinging onto the leader for both physical and mental support.

“Because everyone could use a little bit of love…” EunWoo’s bright smile landed on DaeHyun. “…even if you have to invade their life to make them see that.”

“That’s cute, Little Girl. Why don’t you take your lovely rainbow speech with you to a seminar? I’m sure they would enjoy it,” InSu scoffed.

EunWoo stared sadly at the man before her. She knew he was a bad person for everything that he had done, but what saddened her was how broken the man seemed. Perhaps if someone had helped him in the past, he wouldn’t have been like that.

“Ahjussi…wasn’t anyone there for you…anyone that you cared about after your family had gone?” EunWoo pleaded, hoping she could convince him some way to end all this bloodshed peacefully. Her heart cried out in pain when Kae died and she didn’t know if she could handle any more people she knew dying.

There was…one person. A child.

“No one.”

HoWon stared up at InSu in shock before turning his head away sadly. While InSu didn’t see his nephew’s expression, DaeHee did. The man had lost all eyes for the present, DaeHee had realized. No words or emotions could reach him anymore.

“You really will never stop…for these things,” DaeHee mumbled out. “Even after everything…you won’t stop…”

“No, I won’t.”

“Fine.”

DaeHee’s eyes shifted up at him.

“You can have it.”

“DAEHEE!” DaeHyun yelled out in disagreement.

“Excellent choice, Jung DaeHee,” InSu smirked.

HoWon gazed curiously at DaeHee, wondering what she was planning. There was no way she was just going to give InSu the bloodbots like that…right? DaeHee caught HoWon’s eyes and their stare locked for a moment. Something felt wrong…the whole situation felt wrong…especially that smile DaeHee gave him…

Her smile felt the most ominously wrong.

Seemingly out of nowhere, InSu pulled out a syringe and mercilessly stabbed DaeHee’s vein, taking a blood sample from her.

“Finally. At long last…the bloodbots, they are mine!”

His eerie laughter echoed through the room as he pierced his own blood vessels with the same syringe, injecting himself without consideration for anything else that was happening around him. Once he calmed down a bit from his boisterous triumph, he finally noticed the girl in his arms counting.

“...28…29…30.”

“What are you doing?”

Her eyes stayed glued to the ground as she spoke.

“Did you know…it only take 30 seconds for bloodbots to multiple and invade the whole body?” DaeHee stated as a matter of fact. “Not surprising after the performance they displayed from when I was shot multiple times, right?”

Her left hand traveled up her own body.

“DaeHyun?”

“No…DaeHee…stop,” DaeHyun muttered as he finally realized what she was doing. “JUNG DAEHEE, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!”

InSu eyed the girl suspiciously, but made no moves to stop her seemingly harmless movements.

“Hey, DaeHyun.”

“There’s one fatal flaw in the bloodbots.”

“DAEHEE, SOMEONE STOP HER!”

“DaeHyun!”

 

 

“…and that’s the fact that they’re just that. Robots.”

“JUNG DAEHEE!”

Click.

A small sound from pressing a particular spot between her s…

“Yah! Jung DaeHyun!”

…with such drastic consequence.

“I’m sorry…DaeHyun…”

Everyone watched in horror as DaeHee and InSu exploded from the inside out.

“DAEHEEEEEE!”

“JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG DAAAAAAAAAAAAAEHYUUUUUUUUUUUN!”

~

At his full name, DaeHyun bolted awake, effectively knocking off the person that had been calling his name as he gasped harshly for his breath and sweated profusely as if he had just run a marathon.

“DaeHyun~! That was so rude!” whined EunWoo as she rubbed her poor head, sporting a bump from hitting the nightstand next to his bed. When she noticed DaeHyun was still in a state of panic, she got up and rubbed his back. “DaeHyunnie? Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?”

He placed a hand on his forehead and groaned, “Yeah…it was…just a nightmare…”

Despite knowing she was being lied to after seeing the terrified look on his face, she smiled brightly and pretended to be convinced, “Good thing about nightmares is that they go away when you wake up, right?”

He smiled weakly back at her, “Right.”

“Ah! That’s right! HimChannie-oppa called earlier and asked you to go into work early today!” EunWoo informed. “Hurry up and get dressed! I’ll make breakfast so you aren’t so grumpy meeting up with him!”

DaeHyun groaned, pulling the covers back over his face. “Please stop calling him that. He gets creepy pedo feelings when you do…”

“DaaaaaeHyuuuuuuun~!” EunWoo’s voice called out, knowing very well the lazy guy had fallen back in his bed.

“I got it, I got it, I’m getting up!” DaeHyun sighed as he sat up on his bed.

He looked over at his nightstand and smiled nostalgically at the picture of his family. DaeHyun picked up the frame and ran his finger over DaeHee’s face.

“Are you doing well, DaeHee?”

“DaeHyuuuuuuun!”

“I’m coming!”

He yelled back before putting the photo back on the nightstand where it belonged.

 

=====================================================================

 

OHMYGOSHPLEASEDON’TKILLME!

~Kira :3

/runs for her life/