Important Relationships

Dirty Little Secret

PING!

The doctors were initially shocked by how the gate to the vents flew off onto the floor until DaeHee jumped out of them.

“How’s JunHongie?” she asked immediately, worried etched on her face.

“Aish, you scared us…this is a sterilized area, MiMi-sshi! There is a reason we keep those doors closed!” the head surgeon scolded, shaking his head. “And to answer your question, he’ll be fine. We’ve moved him to the ICU already, so-”

With no further questions for the doctor, DaeHee ran off to the ICU. He shook his head as he pulled off his surgical gown while mumbling under his breath about the lack of sanitary care these children have. He jumped again when HoWon flew out of the vents.

“Seriously! Doesn’t anyone have any respect for hospitals?! Aish! ICU!” he complained, pointing towards the direction DaeHee went. HoWon bowed politely at the considerably fuming doctor before leaving to find DaeHee.

He found the room JunHong was being held in and opened the door quietly.

DaeHee stood there with a gentle, sad smile on her face while holding JunHong’s hand. She watched his steady breaths in relief and carefully examined his peaceful face. When HimChan had finally gotten in contact with her and updated her on their current situation, he told her to check up on JunHong to make sure that he was safe from the attack. With no hesitation, DaeHee immediately climbed through the vent systems to avoid any complications with their enemies to the ER.

“Thank goodness…” she whispered softly, brushing his hair out of his face, leaving a gentle kiss on his forehead. She called HimChan back, “He’s safe.”

“Oh, thank god,” HimChan sighed in relief as well. “If they haven’t gotten for him yet, I doubt they will at this point. I’ll send some bodyguards over. Call me again when they do and we’ll meet up at some point.”

“Roger. Over and out,” DaeHee agreed. She looked down to where JunHong got shot. Her eyes darkened.

“Don’t worry, JunHongie…”

She clenched her fist tightly and hissed vehemently.

“No one gets away with hurting my baby brother like this.”

~

“AGAIN!” YongGuk commanded.

The two twins panted heavily. They had already done at least 5 sets of 20 push-ups. While DaeHee went down to continue, DaeHyun glared up at YongGuk.

“Is something wrong, DaeHyun?” YongGuk dared.

“You made us stay back just to torture us?” DaeHyun challenged with a scoff. “Power hungry .”

“DaeHyun!” DaeHee scolded as quietly as possible.

YongGuk glared at one of the newest members to his team, stalking up to grab him by the collar, only to be stopped by DaeHee.

“Y-YongGuk-sshi! DaeHyunnie’s just a little stressed. We’re clearly less fit than the rest of your members, so it only makes sense for us to work harder…but…maybe we can go at our own pace?” DaeHee suggested with a weak smile, hoping to stop this crazy enmity they felt for each other.

“Yeah, like this bastard cares about us,” DaeHyun muttered bitterly under his breath.

YongGuk clenched his fist in anger and threw a punch, cutting DaeHyun right in the jaw.

“DaeHyun!” DaeHee gasped, rushing over to see if DaeHyun was okay as the older twin hit the floor.

Just as DaeHyun tried to get up to return YongGuk’s favor, DaeHee fought to restrain DaeHyun from causing more problems.

“Bang YongGuk!”

The three in the room stopped as everyone turned to the newcomer in surprise.

“JiEun? What are you doing here?” YongGuk questioned in surprise at her appearance. She pointed her finger dramatically at YongGuk, forcing him to flinch backwards at her action.

“I heard from HyoSung-unnie about your new members and came to make sure you weren’t bullying them!” she informed proudly. YongGuk rolled his eyes defiantly. “Don’t you roll your eyes at me, Mister!”

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, throwing glances back and forth between JiEun and the twins.

“JiEun…they’re fine…can we talk later?” YongGuk whispered, trying to push JiEun out. She gasped and rushed over to DaeHyun, seeing the bruise forming on his chin.

“Are you okay? Did YongGukkie do that to you?” she glared at YongGuk, who was trying to calm JiEun down. “YongGuk!”

“I…I got a little…upset…” he defended, and then mumbled under his breath so JiEun couldn’t hear, “…and can you not call me that in front of other people…it’s embarrassing…”

“Come on, let’s get you patched up,” JiEun grabbed DaeHyun and pulled him with her as they walked past a speechless YongGuk. “Don’t worry about him. He’s a huge softie but he’s trying to be tough so you’ll respect him.”

“JiEun!”

She giggled and stuck her tongue out at him before dragging a confused DaeHyun away.

Once in the infirmary, JiEun looked for some medication for the bruise and a patch. “Ah, here!”

DaeHyun winced as JiEun dabbed the area gently. He blushed when he finally got a good look at his beautiful savior, a mere inch away from his face, focused entirely on his bruise.

“Does it hurt?” she whispered softly, looking up with concerned doe eyes. He swallowed a bit of saliva that had pooled in his mouth and shook his head softly. JiEun smiled brightly at him. “Good.”

“There! All better. Good thing I got there when I did, huh?” JiEun nodded. “If you have any problems with YongGukkie, just let JiEun-noona know okay, DaeHyunnie?”

DaeHyun grumbled, “He treats us like outsiders.”

JiEun laughed and patted his head, “That’s ridiculous. In fact, I feel you two have already wormed your way into YongGukkie’s heart without him knowing. Just give him a little time. He’ll get better, but for now, why don’t you try to understand him a little too, hmm?”

She smiled brightly at him once more, causing DaeHyun to blush once more, adverting his eyes in embarrassment. He nodded his head with a shy smile.

~

After finding out that YongGuk and DaeHee had already left the training room, he went back to the dorm by himself to find DaeHee laughing at the two magnaes, tickling her to the ground.

“Yah! Get away from her!” DaeHyun called out protectively, pushing JongUp away and grabbing DaeHee from JunHong. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine…we were just playing around…” DaeHee informed with a confused of her head. DaeHyun pulled back for a bit and thought back to JiEun’s words. Maybe he was being too guarded…these guys were nice enough to let them stay with them…

“DaeHyun-hyung!” JunHong called out with a smile, handing him a water bottle. “You’ve been working hard!”

DaeHyun was surprised by the gesture and took the water bottle. He smiled back at JunHong, “Thanks, JunHong.”

The magnae’s eyes widened as he ran over to JongUp and started bragging about how he made DaeHyun smile.

DaeHyun laughed at the cute boy.

Maybe he just needed to loosen up a bit…

~

DaeHyun bolted up in a startle.

“Ah! DaeHyun-sshi, what’s wrong? Bad dream?”

He turned to EunWoo, surprised at her voice before rubbing his head. A sad smile adorned his face as he shook his head at the fond memories.

“No…it was a good dream…”

“JunHongie is okay…DaeHee checked up on him,” she informed him immediately.

“Really?!” he turned to her with a bright expression, and then sighed in relief.

That was one less thing for him to worry about.

EunWoo smiled warmly at DaeHyun, who shot her a look.

“What?”

She giggled and shook her head.

“Nothing. I just think DaeHyun-sshi looks the most attractive when he’s thinking of others before himself. You get this warm, gentle smile on your face.”

DaeHyun blushed at the comment and looked away, clearing his throat, while a bashful smile crept up on his face unknowingly.

JiEun watched over the two with a motherly grin.

“What’s that look for?” YongGuk asked curiously from behind.

“Nothing~ just thinking about how far those twins have come. Did you get in contact with HyoSung?” YongGuk nodded at her question.

“They’re on their way and sending back-up.”

~

“No…that’s not possible,” she muttered, shaking her head. “Jae is dead! Appa said Jae is dead!”

She glared at him with emotionless eyes.

“Appa said Jae is dead. You are not Jae.”

The girl retrieved the dagger she dropped and charged at YoungJae.

He didn’t move an inch and merely stared straight into her eyes.

Right on his throat.

Her hands shook with the point of the dagger directly over his Adam’s apple. His eyes were unwavering while hers twitched with uncertainty. She was fighting against herself. The girl flinched in surprise when YoungJae’s blood-covered right hand grabbed her hand.

“J-Jae…Jae is dead!” she tried to reaffirm, but he could feel her hand shaking in his. He took the dagger out of her hand almost effortlessly, placing it on the ground.

“I’m alive, Kae. Jae isn’t dead.”

“NO!” she screamed, jumping in retreat. Panting heavily, she shook her head, slamming her eyes shut as if she was trying to block YoungJae out, and yelled back, “I’m not Kae! There is no Kae! I’m Kit! Appa named me Kit!”

YoungJae watched in awe. Who is this ‘Appa’ she keeps talking about and what had he done to her?

“Kae…who is Appa?” he asked gently. With a stubborn grunt to hide his pain, he pushed himself up off the floor, using the wall behind him for support. Coughing, he nearly collapsed back onto the floor…if Kae hadn’t caught him. His eyes panned up to look at her in surprise. She seemed just as shocked by her own action as he was and almost dropped him in the process. Then she saw it. The necklace he was wearing. Her eyes softened at the sight, but she shook it off.

“I…I’m sorry!” she suddenly apologized as she helped YoungJae up. She quickly reeled back and shook her head.

“I’m sorry…Jae.”

And before YoungJae could respond, she turned and ran.

He cursed under his breath, unable to chase after her in his crippled state.

“J! J! YOUNGJAE! YOO YOUNGJAE! ANSWER ME, YOU LITTLE HEAD!” he heard his intercom static in his pocket. YoungJae winced at how loud HimChan furiously screamed into the device.

“My gosh, Hyung…your voice is so annoying,” YoungJae jokingly grumbled, turning his earpiece on.

“Aish, thank goodness, you’re okay…are you okay?”

He chuckled, staring down at his tattered though intact body, “For the most part…how is everyone else? It seems things have started.”

“We’re okay over here,” HimChan reported.

“Good…” YoungJae grunted in pain as he moved himself along the wall, clutching his side.

“Hey…are you sure you’re okay? Do you need someone to come get you?” HimChan asked in considered after hearing YoungJae’s small pants and strains.

“No…”

“…actually…Hyung…I have a favor to ask…one of the assassins…please watch out for her. She has explosive gloves and shards of metal embedded in her back. If you look closely on the back of her neck, she has a series of birthmarks in the shape of a V. She responds violently if you call her Kae,” YoungJae rambled for a bit between short breaths as he took a break from walking, resting his back against the wall, forcing himself to stay standing.

“Is she a monster?”

“No…”

His right hand rested against the necklace he was wearing.

“…she’s an old friend…”

 

=====================================================================

 

/passes out/

I’m sorry this chapter was so boring…

~Kira :3

P.S. DON’T FORGET TO VOTE! LAST STRETCH GUYS AND B.A.P  ARE IN THE LEAD! ^ ^