Realizing Feelings

Dirty Little Secret

 

Groan.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open.

Where is she? What happened? The last thing she remembered was two DaeHyuns…was that a dream?

As her drowsiness wore off, she stretched her arms, only to realize she couldn’t move any of her limbs. Her eyes flew open, wide awake, as she tugged at her binds.

“Oh good~ you’re awake~”

“W-Where am I?! Who are y-”

She froze at the sight of the gorgeous memorable face…yet…that smirk seemed so foreign. EunWoo would be lying if she didn’t feel uneasy about the position she was in…and extremely wary about the knife in her captor’s hand.

“Let me run by a few rules while you’re here, Go EunWoo-sshi~” The voice was surprisingly sweet and angelic. Hadn’t EunWoo known any better, she would have thought this girl was so cute and adorable from the gentle tone.

But EunWoo was not that naïve.

She could see the ever so terrifying grin that the “sweet” girl had on her face and it promised hell if she didn’t obey. EunWoo could only watch as DaeHee paced back and forth besides her as she recited.

“1. You’re living with us whether you like it or not until we settle things on our side. 2. No contacting anyone or attempting to escape. We will kill you if you do~ 3. If you need anything, you can kindly request one of us to get it for you. 4. This is my room that you will be staying in and if you touch anything, I will slice your pretty little fingers off. And last but definitely not least!”

EunWoo flinched in fear when the younger girl abruptly stopped speaking to bore holes into her eyes while holding the sharp object dangerously close to her neck.

“You stay the away from DaeHyun…”

DaeHee raised her knife, her pupils dilating wildly as she sliced EunWoo’s hands free in one clean cut. The enslaved female felt her heart skip a beat, positive that DaeHee was aiming for her wrists rather than the ropes. She was forced to stare into DaeHee’s fiery glare, much too afraid to move with the knife still too close for comfort to her body.

“…or I’ll make sure you die a painful, PAINFUL death.”

EunWoo nodded slowly, unable to tear her glance away. One wrong move could cost her life. And quite frankly, EunWoo didn’t want to die.

She swallowed nervously when DaeHee made no move to pull back off of her so she could get up.

A split second after, her burning glaze transformed into a bright, cheerful smile.

Is she bipolar?

“Good! Let’s get along well!” DaeHee greeted happily while skipping out of the room. “Oppa~! EunWoo-unnie is awake~!”

Heavy footsteps stomped up the steps at the status of their female charge reported by the last person he wanted in the same room unsupervised.

“YAH, DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER?! YONGGOOKIE IS GONNA KILL ME IF WE LOS-good morning, Sunshine~!” HimChan addressed warmly, quickly rushing over and make sure EunWoo was in one piece. “I’m sorry about her. She’s a little…possessive…err…I would say she’s really not that bad…but she kind of is. Don’t worry though. HimChannie-oppa will protect you! Okay?”

Despite his friendly personality, EunWoo was still extremely wary about everything. He pouted at her but just continued, “I made some food in case you’re hungry. Please feel free to have as much as you want, okay? We’ll try to explain a little bit for you guys but I hope you’ll understand that we’re all in a bind and your cooperation is essential to our success.”

“Success? Success for what?” EunWoo finally spoke, regaining her voice, curiosity slowly eclipsing her fear.

“In time, dear. Come now~ Or DaeHyunnie will eat everything before you even get a chance to taste it.”

~

The meal was awkward.

It was uncomfortably quiet, the only sound came from everyone’s chopsticks clinking together while shoveling food into their mouth. The two magnaes kept exchanging nervous glances at the strangling atmosphere. The twins were purposely trying to piss their guests off. It was obvious. They never act this way normally.

“DaeHyunnie~ did you try this one yet?” DaeHee sweetly inquired as she picked up the slice of meat and held it out for DaeHyun to eat. “Here~ aaaah~”

DaeHyun chuckled, playing along, opening his mouth for DaeHee to feed him.

“Mmm~ delicious~”

HoWon stared speechlessly at the two. His expression was utter disbelief, borderline disgust at their overly exaggerated displays of affection. EunWoo flinched visibly as she tried to go back to her meal, ignoring the two.

“Oh, you have something on your lips, let me get that for you,” DaeHyun announced, grabbing a napkin to wipe the edge of DaeHee’s lips.

SLAM.

“ENOUGH. Yah, you two! I’m gonna throw up all over you guys if you don’t stop being so shameless!” YoungJae burst out in fury, standing up abruptly, hitting the table with both hands, glaring at them. “Aish, the one time YongGookie-hyung isn’t here and you two act like this. I’m done eating. I’ve lost my appetite.”

“W-We’re gonna go do the dishes…” JongUp informed, nudging JunHong so they could escape the silent warzone going on at the table. HimChan glared disapprovingly at DaeHyun and DaeHee. As DaeHee took another bite, her bowl of rice was forcefully ripped out of her hands along with DaeHyun’s.

“Hey!”

“You two are done,” HimChan declared in an unusually stern tone. “DaeHyun. I would like to speak to you. MiMi, go to your room.”

“But, HimCha-”

“Jung DaeHee. Now.”

She recoiled at his commanding, harsh voice, unfamiliar with the second-in-command’s serious aura. Throwing DaeHyun one last hesitant glance, she complied, running up to DaeJae’s room.

HimChan smiled sympathetically at HoWon and EunWoo, “I’m sorry about these two. I’m gonna have a talk with them. Take your time eating, okay?”

And the most awkward dinner came to an end with everyone leaving the table.

~

“Inappropriate.”

HimChan closed the door behind him while DaeHyun took a seat on HimChan’s bed.

“We were just messing around…what’s the big deal?” DaeHyun grumbled, defiantly sprawled out on his bed, looking very bored.

“Look, DaeHyun, I know you don’t like this. But we need those two to feel comfortable here so they don’t try and run away. If you and MiMi would just throw down your pride for one second-”

“It’s not about pride,” DaeHyun mumbled quietly, eyes solemnly staring at the ceiling, stopping HimChan’s lecture.

“Is this not about HoWon and MiMi?” wondered HimChan, face contorted in confusion. “Then…”

DaeHyun became quiet for a few seconds before he turned to face the wall.

“Hyung…we don’t want to get hurt again.”

~

 DaeHee slowly made her way up the stairs, looking back anxiously, wondering what HimChan was going to say to DaeHyun. She knew why, of course. They weren’t stupid. Sighing, she continued up the steps to her room. She paused, staring at the door blankly, wondering if entering would be a good idea or not.

YoungJae was clearly upset from earlier and she didn’t really feel like dealing with that.

“Go inside.”

She jumped at his voice, not expecting him to be behind her. Her hand held her rapidly beating heart before sighing. He ruffled her hair a little before opening the door and ushering her inside. DaeHee silently watched as he dried his face with the towel around his neck.

“You want to tell me what’s going on?”

“What?” she asked him back ever so innocently, as if she didn’t know what they had done. YoungJae rolled his eyes and sighed.

“MiMi, I just cooled off so I can talk to you in a civilized manner. Don’t piss me off again,” he scolded sternly despite being younger than her. She looked away with a pout.

“Nothing’s going on.”

“Ah, yes, nothing’s going on. That explains perfectly why you two were being more greasy than HimChannie-hyung.” To make his point, he shivered, just remembering how disgustingly sweet they were acting.

“…I hate Busan men.”

YoungJae glanced over at DaeHee, who had become solemn, burning holes into the ground with her eyes. Rather than asking what she meant, he examined her features. Being the closest to the twins, he knew them well enough that he could decipher their crazy behaviors every now and then without having to squeeze it out of them.

This was one of those times.

He had a vague idea of where all this was going.

So he gave her the flame to start her fire.

“Really? What’s so bad about Busan men?”

Her eyes flared wildly at YoungJae, yet he wasn’t the least bit phased by her change in attitude. He knew it wasn’t directed at him even though she was staring right into his eyes.

“They’re immature! And so ing egoistic and full of themselves! God, I hate them so much! They think they’re so y and adorable! I just want to punch them in the face! Always so confident in everything they do! Why are they so obnoxious?! They never know when to leave you alone! Nosy bastards! I HATE BUSAN MEN THE MOST!” DaeHee ranted, screaming at the last sentence at the top of her lungs. She was sure HoWon probably heard it and quite frankly, she hoped he did.

A comforting warmth engulfed her right after she was done. Only when she placed her cheek against YoungJae’s shoulder did she notice her own tears streaming down her face as his shirt soaked up the salty liquid.

“…why…why did he have to go, YoungJae…” she whimpered, clenching onto his shirt for dear life.

He didn’t answer her. Silently, he held her in his arms as she let out a wail of tears she didn’t even know she had been containing.

“You two are ridiculous…” he mumbled quietly to himself, having figured it out on his own the real reason behind the siblings’ odd behavior.

“You can’t replace the ones you have lost no matter how similar others may seem. But that doesn’t mean you should trap yourself in the past. It’s been a few years, DaeHee…it’s okay to let go…for something new. You…and DaeHyun need to realize that. No matter how much we hate it, change is the only thing that is constant in this world,” the younger male said in a soft, gentle voice, smiling down at her as she refused to look at him as if avoiding his eyes would prevent his words from being true.

“…we promised each other,” she whispered back, throwing out the last reason she had to defend her behavior. His eyes rolled at her feeble attempt.

“That promise was stupid.” YoungJae scoffed with a smirk, “As if the two of you can prevent your own feelings from developing. What? Are you trying to tell Cupid how to do his job?”

DaeHee giggled a bit at his effort to cheer her up.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” she teased, knowing he would throw her a face of horror and disgust at her.

“Sorry, babe. But I think we’ve already agreed that you are 100% not my type. Geez, and you think Busan men are bad…” he clarified. DaeHee smacked him for the indirect insult before offering him a grateful smile.

“Not to mention, it still creeps me out that I see DaeHyun when I talk to you…who would ever date THAT guy?” YoungJae joked, shaking his head with mocking sympathy.

“Yeah, sure, whatever, DaeJae~” DaeHee smirked when YoungJae sneered at the couple name s had come up with for the two.

“You’re also a Dae,” he countered.

“True, but APPARENTLY I’m not your type, so it couldn’t possibly be me~” she taunted haughtily, even flipping her hair, emphasizing the arrogance in her smirk.

He stared at her hard for a few seconds as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“…touché.”

They fell in a comfort silence as DaeHee felt reassured just being in YoungJae’s presence. He smiled down at her with an affectionate smile as she rested her head against his shoulder, wondering why the two of them never develop any romantic feelings for each other. Perhaps it was of the fear of ruining their relationship with DaeHyun…perhaps because DaeHee felt she could never love YoungJae as much as he desired…perhaps because YoungJae was afraid of hurting DaeHee…

Or maybe for the simple reason that there was no spark between the two of them.

Love is a weird emotion.

But there was one thing he was sure of.

Whenever she needed him, he’ll be there for her.

After all, she would do the same for him.

~

At the same time in HimChan’s room, DaeHyun got the same lecture from his hyung. He sighed as HimChan patted the younger boy on the back after talking him through his dilemma.

“Come on, why don’t you go find DaeHee and finish up the rest of your meal?” HimChan suggested, patting him once more on the back with a warm smile before leaving him to gather his thoughts while he reheats the dishes for the two. DaeHyun sighed, staring at his hand.

“Regardless of how I feel…that doesn’t change the fact that we’re putting them in danger…” he mumbled to himself, clenching his fist while furrowing his eyebrows in frustration. He hung his head between his knees and shook it.

Everything was just so messed up now.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Come in.”

He didn’t have to look up to know it was DaeHee that entered. She quietly sat down next to him on the bed with her back against the wall. After having their individual talks with the other members, the two of them were more confused than ever.

“Can we really just accept this?” DaeHyun wondered, his head still hanging down. For a moment, both were silent as they pondered.

“Can we even stop it at this point?” DaeHee shot back quietly. “Let’s face it, DaeHyun…we’ve already jumped straight into the deep end. How much more can we break?”

“So much, MiMi…you’ve seen how broken things can get…”

Silence once more.

“Then we won’t break it this time.”

DaeHyun finally raised his head to face his sister. She was staring forward with the utmost determination as her mind traveled back in time to her past.

“…am I naïve for thinking this way?” she questioned warily despite the resolve never leaving her eyes.

He smiled at her.

“If you are, then I am, too.”

~

“Hyung…”

“Hmm?”

“What do you think HimChannie-hyung is saying to DaeHyunnie-hyung right now?”

“Mmmm…probably just lecturing him for how he acted at the table…”

JunHong nodded as he lied on his bed, playing with his puppy stuffed animal.

Knock, knock, knock.

JongUp and JunHong shot each a glance before JongUp permitted entrance.

“Oh, EunWoo-noona,” JongUp greeted, bowing just a little, as JunHong sat up and did the same.

“Hi…” she whispered softly, closing the door behind her as she entered. “Could…I ask you guys a big favor?”

JunHong cocked his head to the side while inquiring, “What kind of favor?”

“Well…since I’m held here as hostage anyways…could you…please tell me what’s going on around here?”

Both of their eyes widened at the request. The atmosphere slowly became awkward as the two boys rubbed their necks uncomfortably.

“I…am just curious…you really don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to…” she mumbled with a disappointed pout, getting up to leave.

“Well…what do you want to know?” JongUp bravely questioned. EunWoo tossed her head back, shocked that he was even considering to actually tell her anything.

“I guess…first of all…do you guys all live here by yourselves? Where are your parents?”

An ominous silence settled in just seconds after the question. EunWoo froze, fearing she might have accidentally stepped over the line without realizing it.

“Actually…”

“…none of us have parents…”

“At least…not anymore…”

=====================================================================

 *takes a brick and bashes her head with it*

I HATE THIS CHAPTER WITH A PASSION. WHAT THE HELL AM I WRITING?!?! ;__________;

I apologize everyone…argh…so many things about this chapter…seriously bother me…I really hope everyone understood what was going on. I was trying to give you guys some insight on why those twins are being a pain in the as well as why they are horrible to HoWon and EunWoo. But…gah, did it turn out so much wrong…

TT____________TT

I just don’t even know anymore…

*bows and goes hides in a hole*

~Kira :3

P.S. Yes, I did just in fact sink the JaeHee ship like a boss. Imlookingatyouhiikyoung.

P.S.S. I have so many YoungJae feels, so I’m spamming with photos that make me FJEIWAJFOEJWAIFJELKAWJF

I REGRET NOTHING

=====================================================================

NazSamz: I’M SORRY! D: NO CHEAT! I just…
…yeah…okay…I kinda cheated…> >
…forgive me? D:

ShadowYin: YONGJI FTW. And yes, YongGook…definitely has his hands full with…everything. XD Yay~ I’m glad you like their relationship…because…they’re getting on my nerves right now…LOL. It is finally revealed! *pats on the back* Thank you for keeping your mouth shut this whole time. XD Here, have a unicorn as a present. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6n5w4UfGk1rut7v4o1_500.jpg

-imhungry: BLOW YOUR MIND! Yes, DaeHee = MiMi so…DaeHyun doesn’t just see MiMi as a sister…MiMi IS DaeHyun’s twin sister. XDD Oh, thank you. I’m glad you haven’t gotten lost in the giant maze I’ve constructed with possible no escape…;____; I KNOW RIGHT. YONGJI SHIP, JUST SAIL ALREADY! They are beautiful together and should get married and have beautiful musical children. Q___Q I try my best to keep this going…so it doesn’t die. >.< Have fun camping! ^ ^ See you when you get back~ *waves*

corn-edmonkey: BUT IT’S FUUUUUUUUUUUN. :DDDDDDDD

spicea11347: WELCOME BACK! You have been missed. :D I’m sorry to hear you’ve been going through hell and back. D: It is not a fun place to be, I assure you… :( I’m glad you hear you’ve still been keeping up though! ^ ^ I am honored~ MiMi is a confusing person. But yes, MiHyun = MiMi = DaeHee. XDDD Indeed, the gun really is the way to go. Overprotective brothers out there, got that? Let’s not go into that whole scenario of “what if”…quite frankly…I was already disturbed the first time I was like…LOLZ WHAT IF IT WAS ACTUALLY DAEHYUN… …why did I think that…=.= *sigh* I don’t know about the next chapter, but there shall be more DaeWoo moments to come! ^ ^ Oh, and Infinite will be coming back into the story at some point. XD I promise. :P

MaeilYogurt: Not embarrassing~ this story is a whole lota mind-ery and throwing a bunch of names everywhere. XD

hiikyoung: Yesh, Hoya is awesome. But he’s mine, so stay away. No, I didn’t do this chapter to kill your JinMi and JaeMi feels. ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
…but this chapter I did just to kill your JaeHee feels. MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA. FLY THAT HOMI BANNER! FLY IT PROUD! Did you really think I was just gonna kill EunWoo like that? XD Come on now, give me some credit here!

Yixicorn: I’m a bit confused as to what you mean by being disappointed DaeHyun knew it was his sister. O__o But lolz, I’m glad SOMEONE finally finds her annoying. XD SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE , GUISE. WHY DID NO ONE HATE HER. Although I feel she seems more annoying than MiMi because all those sweet DaeMi moments just seem extremely clingy. XDDD Nuuu~ B.A.P needs Hoya and EunWoo to not run of~ HimGrease has strike again. Hoya is a ert. Lolz. I dunno what you’re talking about. XDD YONGJI ALL THE WAY.
DaeHyun: WAE?! HE’S ALL UP ON MY SISTER! UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!