All Lies

Dirty Little Secret

 

“Wait, JiEun…go back to that last article.”

 

“This one?”

 

YongGook took the clipping from her and examined it carefully before groaning in disappointment.

 

“Damn it. Sorry, false alarm. Aish, how can this guy be so elusive?”

 

The two of them continued their work when suddenly a frantic voice burst through the door.

 

“Where’s DaeHyun?!”

 

They both whipped their stares of disbelief towards the door at the nostalgic voice.

 

“J-JB?! What are you doing here?” JiEun wondered in happy confusion.

 

“We don’t have time for that! Where’s DaeHyun? And MiMi for that matter?” he rushed in frustration.

 

“What’s going on?” YongGook demanded.

 

“Long story short, I got myself some inside information and found out they’ve been planning to go after DaeHyun all this time. They’ve been waiting for things to quiet down before they attacked! Where are they?!”

 

“!” YongGook cursed unceremoniously as he immediately called HimChan. “HimChan! Where are DaeHyun and MiMi?! Make sure they don’t…WHAT DO YOU MEAN MIMI’S NOT THERE?! WHERE COULD SHE HAVE POSSIBLY GONE?!”

 

YongGook took a deep breath to calm himself before he ordered, “Send the rest of them to find her but don’t let DaeHyun leave. Those bastards are on the move and from what I’ve just learned, it sounds like they’re moving hard and strong.”

 

“Thank you for informing us, JaeBum…how have you been?” JiEun conversed warmly, genuinely curious about her old co-worker, as YongGook yelled at talked to HimChan.

 

“I’ve been okay…Malaysia has been good to me,” he smiled at JiEun.

 

“About MiMi…”

 

“I haven’t forgiven her…I can’t help but be bitter…maybe someday I will…but my heart hasn’t let it go,” he informed, voice turned harsh for a moment. At JiEun’s puzzled look, he smiled again and answered her unspoken question, “Just because I’m bitter, doesn’t mean I don’t care. Not to mention, JinYoung would never forgive me if anything happened to MiMi…”

 

She hugged him in comfort, “We’ve missed you here.”

 

The tender moment was ruined by YongGook.

 

His voice sounded shaky despite his effort to stay calm.

 

“JiEun, call HyoSung…

 

 

 

 

…they’re both missing.”

 

While YongGook and JiEun stood there frozen in a mixture of disbelief, confusion and fear, JaeBum cursed, rushing out in search of the two in danger.

 

~

 

“Coco! Coco!”

 

MiMi called out anxiously as she circled around the city. She turned back at her companion and glared angrily, smacking him on the head.

 

“How could you lose him?!”

 

“It wasn’t my fault! He dug a hole under the fence and ran off!” HoWon complained, feeling unwarranted of her abuse.

 

MiMi sighed deeply as she searched frantically, “He could be anywhere and he could be hurt! Coco!”

 

Little did the two know that Coco wasn’t the only one that was being sought after…

 

~

 

“Meow…”

 

Sigh.

 

“I know, Bi…I’m stupid for going to get him his drinks…but I figured I had to get out of the house…besides, it’s such a nice day!” EunWoo explained to her disapproving cat, whom she could have sworn just rolled his eyes at her. She continued her one-sided conversation when she heard voices down a dark alley.

 

“No sign of him here, we’ll keep looking.”

 

EunWoo tensed at the voice, immediately taking refuge behind the bags of trash and shoving Bi’s head a little further into her purse (zipping the top up so there wouldn’t be a repeat of the previous incident). As she tried to sneak past them, she heard their conversation.

 

“What do they even want with this DaeHyun kid anyways?”

 

EunWoo’s ears perked up at the mention of DaeHyun’s name. Sure, he wasn’t the only person with the name, DaeHyun, but you never know, it could be useful information.

 

“Who knows, as long as we’re getting paid. Come on.”

 

She had to warn DaeHyun. Slowly, she snuck across to the other side, careful not to make any noise to give herself away.

 

“Meow.”

 

EunWoo froze.

 

“What was that?”

 

Her heart raced at the sound of footsteps coming in her direction.

 

“It’s just a cat, come on, we need to get moving.”

 

She sighed inwardly in relief when the footsteps got softer. Once she was sure they were gone, she bolted to her feet to warn DaeHyun of the danger he was in.

 

“Please…please be okay…”

 

~

 

Gasp.

 

“Coco! Omo, you bad puppy! Don’t scare me like that!” MiMi cried out, clenching the muddy (and slightly frightened looking) puppy to her chest. He seemed much happier in the arms of a familiar person. “Out of the three of you, I would have expected you to be the last to run away, you scaredy cat!”

 

“What’s that in your mouth?” HoWon wondered out loud, taking the object out of the shivering puppy’s mouth. “A dart?”

 

MiMi’s eyes narrowed, scrutinizing the syringe-like dart still filled with an ominous looking liquid. Slowly, the two of them stood up: MiMi with Coco in her arms and HoWon with the dart in his hand. As if the gears in her head went into overdrive, she froze, overwhelmed by her thoughts.

 

“HoYa.”

 

“Neh?”

 

“When I tell you to run, we make a mad dash out of this place. Don’t move. Only when I say, ‘run,’ got it?” MiMi whispered, eyes darting left and right as her left hand slowly reached into her jacket while her right adjusted her mask.

 

“Neh?”

 

“RUN!”

 

Without questioning her, HoWon bolted as he was told, flinching when he heard gunshots.

 

“What the-?!” he nearly cursed, ducking his head as those darts flew in their direction.

 

“Just keep running!” MiMi commanded as she cocked her gun and shot back, only able to estimate where the source of the shooting was with running.

 

“Ah, !”

 

MiMi’s eyes widened at the sight of HoWon crippling to the ground while she ran past him. She was forced to stop and take cover behind a large, tin garbage bin, now able to pinpoint the source, aiming directly at where the bullets were coming from, forcing them to stop long enough for HoWon to crawl over in cover.

 

“What’s the damage?” MiMi asked as she didn’t have the luxury to check for herself, a little busy with the situation at hand.

 

“I have no idea what’s in these things, but , I can’t feel my leg anymore,” he hissed in pain, yanking the dart out of his back of his thigh and tying it up  the wound with his sleeve. He heard MiMi curse, reloading her gun with a new round of bullets.

 

“Take this and good luck.”

 

“What? What am I supposed to—hey! Where are you going?! Aish!”

 

Before he could even get a word in, MiMi traded him the gun and Coco for two of the darts lying on the ground and left him there. HoWon didn’t have a choice but to scoot to the side of the garbage bin to shoot at the enemies.

 

Whatever MiMi was doing, it better be important.

 

~

 

DaeHyun searched hysterically after hearing the news from YongGook. He had heard it by chance when he went down into the kitchen to grab a snack. HimChan was cooking, so he put his phone on speakerphone when YongGook called, unaware of the consequence it might have. He knew MiMi was in danger and couldn’t just stay at home, waiting for the rest of them to save her.

 

When he finished thoroughly searching one area, he jumped on his bike to move to the next area. After a few unsuccessful searches, he found someone at last…though not the one he was looking for.

 

“DaeHyun-sshi! You’re in danger! There are a bunch of guys after you!”

 

“How did you know that? What are you—”

 

They heard a bang, much too close for comfort as a dart nearly hit EunWoo from behind.

 

“Get on, NOW!” DaeHyun commanded, shooting in the general direction of where the dart came from as EunWoo hopped on the back of his bike. With no time to spare, he immediately revved up and drove out of there before EunWoo had a grasp of the situation. She screamed as she nearly flew off, hanging on to DaeHyun for dear life.

 

~

 

“. We’re screwed, Coco,” HoWon told the puppy wrapped in his shirt as he heard the empty clicks of his gun. Wincing, he pushed himself into a standing position with one hand while holding Coco in the other. He could feel the numbness from his leg slowly spread up his body, but the footsteps closing in on him compelled him to move.

 

Just when he thought it was over, he could hear panicked screams along with the screeching of tires replacing the footsteps. He didn’t have to turn to see what was going on because the source of the chaos stopped right in front of him. The passenger door slammed open for him.

 

“Get in!”

 

He threw his body into the seat as Coco barked loudly at all the commotion.

 

“Whoa, whoa! At least let me close the door!” HoWon cried out anxiously, nearly having his legs taken off when she drove off in a rush.

 

“You should just be glad I even came for you!” MiMi scoffed as she recklessly flew down the street.

 

He smirked, “You left Coco, I knew you wouldn’t leave me there.”

 

“Cocky bastard,” she grumbled under her breath as she slammed on the acceleration pedal.

 

His eyes enlarged as she nearly hit a few objects (other cars, people, etc) making turns much too sharp for the car, tires screeching angrily.

 

“Where did you even learn to drive?! You can’t be legal!” he yelled, hanging on to the handle for dear life. She didn’t even bother hitting the breaks when she made another turn.

 

“Stop whining or I’ll throw you out of the car!”

 

~

 

HoWon collapsed immediately on the ground when they finally found refuge in an abandoned building. MiMi had left to leave the car a good distance away from their hiding spot. He panted heavily, propping himself up against a wall. Coco stayed in his lap, his chin when he finally settled down. He chuckled at the puppy’s condolence, petting him on the head in thanks.

 

Just as he felt himself drifting off to sleep, Coco stood up with a growl.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

The puppy barked viciously, amplified by the emptiness of the building.

 

“Yah, Coco, be quiet!” he scolded.

 

“Who’s there?”

 

HoWon stiffened when he heard a gun click and instinctively held Coco close to him. His attentive stance loosened when he saw who it was, but then turned into confusion at the sight of another person behind the one he was expecting.

 

“MiHyun? Who is that behind you?” he inquired, raising his eyebrow in suspicion, noting that Coco was not comfortable with the person closing in on him that should have been his “umma.”

 

“DaeHyun-sshi, what are you doing…stop pointing that gun at him…you’re scaring me,” HoWon heard the girl whimpered out.

 

“DaeHyun?”

 

BANG.

 

His eyes enlarged at the bullet lodged much too close for comfort next to his face.

 

“DaeHyun-sshi! Stop it! What are you doing?!”

 

HoWon stared up at the one that looked like MiMi, glaring fiercely down at him. He winced apprehensively as he could hear another round of bullets being fired in very close range to his own body, unable to defend himself as he was pretty much paralyzed from the waist down.

 

CRASH.

 

Click. Click.                                             

 

Silence.

 

“Oh……”

 

“…how…how can this be?”

 

“D-DaeHyun?”

 

“W-What’s going on? T-T-There’s…two…DaeHyuns?”

 

DaeHyun and MiMi stared at each other in complete shock with their guns still pointed at each other. MiMi had only heard gunshots and barged through the window, pointing her gun at the person that was not HoWon defensively, while DaeHyun instinctively pointed his gun at the disturbance, unaware that it was MiMi.

 

Now, they were at a standstill, both trying to figure out a way to clear up this situation, much too stunned by the whole thing to even lower their weapons.

 

EunWoo’s curiosity got the better of her as she rushed forward and tore both of their masks off, gasping.

 

“There…there…there really are two DaeHyuns!”

 

“MiHyun…what the is going on?!”

 

Wait…

 

 Two DaeHyuns?

 

 

She backed up slowly, staring at the other DaeHyun in disbelief as her face paled, as if she just saw a ghost.

 

“…it…it can’t be…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jung…Dae…Hee?”

 

DaeMi’s passive stare down was interrupted by a dangerous flash in MiMi’s eyes as she immediately fired her gun at EunWoo.

 

DaeHyun could only watch in horror as she fell backwards in slow-motion onto the floor after taking a direct hit to the heart.

 

“EUNWOO!”

 

=====================================================================

 

*takes a giant torpedo and explodes the DaeMi ship into smithereens*

 

I’M SORRY, DAEMI SHIPPERS! DON’T HATE ME! *runs away with her giant cannon before anyone can yell at her*

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. HAPPY 19TH/20TH BIRTHDAY, JUNG DAEHYUN, YOU 4-D BUSAN WONBIN FOOD FATTIE MONSTER WITH THE VOICE OF AN ANGEL!

 

=====================================================================

 

ShadowYin: Yup, yup~ DaeHyunnie is turning 19~ :3 or 20, which I think is the coming of age? XD Yes, little MiMi DaeHee had a puppy crush on YongGook~ :) More to be explained about that in the future~

 

-imhungry: I’M SO SORRY! *runs off*

 

corn-edmonkey: The part before that line was actually part of this chapter…but this chapter is already so insanely long that I decided to remove it…it’s a bit awkwardly placed, but I felt that line shows a bit of MiMi’s umm…DaeHee’s slightly abnormal mindset…there, DaeHee killed EunWoo, happy? Why did you have to wait? BECAUSE IMMA TROLLOLOLOLOL~ :D

 

NazSamz: Yes…the JinMi JinHee past made me sadness writing it. D: JaeBum lost his partner because MiMi DaeHee was careless. It’s okay. You were supposed to judge her. XD She’s bat- insane, feel no guilt. *squirms and runs off* I’M SORRY!

 

MaeilYogurt: How are your feels? Have they sploded after this chapter?

 

hiikyoung: *takes a giant cannon and sinks the DaeMi ship for you* *goes off to defend YongJi with you while pretending you aren’t building a JinMi ship*

 

Yixicorn: DaeMi ship is no more. *waves bye bye while singing “Taps”* BiWoo OTP? LOL. *shakes head at you* And you do complain. :)

 

mysteriousshadow: I’M SORRY! T___T I felt sadness….killing Jr too…you aren’t the only one. D: