Dreadful Night

Dirty Little Secret

“DaeHee?”

 

The thunder crashed loudly as the lightning sparked brightly through the windows of the otherwise pitch black house. The rain pounded steadily against the roof in a soothing beat while I navigated the familiar halls without any incandescent lights since the power went out a few seconds ago. I checked the bedroom to find her sitting against the window, just as she was when I left earlier.

 

“They aren’t home yet…” she mumbled, eyes never leaving the driveway, heaving out a disappointed sigh.

 

Taking a seat next to her, I followed her example and gazed down as well. “They’ll be home soon…they probably just had some last minute things to take care of and got held up at the lab.”

 

Only the sound of the rain could be heard for a few seconds.

 

“DaeHyun…they’ve never been late the day before our birthday…in fact…they’re always home early…and they haven’t called…I...have a bad feeling…” DaeHee stated, concerned written all over her face, as she rested her head against my shoulder.

 

“You’re worrying too much. I’m sure they’re fine,” I reassured her. Truth be told, I wasn’t confident in my own statement. It was almost midnight and the last time I had spoke to my parents was about six hours ago. I rested my own head on DaeHee’s as we continued our wait.

 

A few moments later, the car we had been waiting for pulled into the driveway. Like kids bolting down on Christmas’ eve, we ran down in excitement to greet our parents.

 

“Appa, umma! What were you guys do-” DaeHee started with a bright smile only to be interrupted by our father shoving a large bag of papers at her.

 

“DaeHyun, DaeHee, listen to me carefully and do everything I say. We don’t have much time. There’s someone after us and our research. Take this bag and run as fast as you can out of here. No matter what, don’t look back and don’t come back, do you understand?” Appa commanded with his stern voice.

 

“N..No…I…I don’t understand…why are we running? What did we do wrong?” DaeHee shook her head, as she clenched tightly to the bag.

 

“DaeHee-sweetie, please just listen to your father, okay? The address of where you need to go is in the bag. We’ll meet up with you as soon as we can, okay? I love you,” Umma gently informed DaeHee, brushing her hair out of her face, kissing her on the forehead, before giving her a hug.

 

“DaeHyun, take care of DaeHee. If there’s any trouble, I trust you’ll protect her, right?” Umma inquired. I nodded slowly in response, still trying to process what was going on. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and a warm hug before sending the two of us off through the back.

 

“I love you both so much. Get going. Promise me that no matter what you won’t come back here, okay?”

 

“We’ll catch up with you guys soon. DaeHyun, keep DaeHee safe.”

 

I didn’t know what they were talking about but I knew we were in some sort of danger, so I grabbed DaeHee’s hand and ran into the rain as fast as I could without tripping DaeHee.

 

“D-DaeHyun…w-wait…what’s going on? Why are we leaving our home?” she asked me. I couldn’t answer her so I just kept running like I was told to do.

 

“Why isn’t Umma and Appa coming with us? DaeHyun! Stop running! Umma and Appa aren’t behind us!” she screeched, the distress of how ominous the circumstances were starting to kick in.

 

“Just keep running, DaeHee! Appa said not to go back no matter what!”

 

“But-”

 

POW.

 

We both froze at the sound of a loud gun shot. It echoed through our minds like the aftermath of having a gong struck much too close to your ears.

 

“That was…from our house. DAEHYUN, THAT WAS FROM OUR HOUSE! UMMA AND APPA ARE STILL IN THERE!” she cried in complete terror. I grabbed her arm before she could run back.

 

“D-DaeHee…we…we have to go…Appa and Umma will be okay…they said they’ll meet us at the address…” I tried to convince myself more than her, but my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my throat from fear of insecurity.

 

My anxiety only worsened when DaeHee stopped struggling all together and became limp in my hold.

 

“I’m not leaving Umma and Appa behind.”

 

She threw the bag at me, causing me to stumble backwards. Before I could regain my balance, she handcuffed me to a thick tree branch behind me.

 

“D-D-DaeHee…what do you think you’re doing?! Where did you even get these handcuffs?! DaeHee, where’s the key?! Get me out of this thing!”

 

My stomach dropped at the sight of her backing away from me.

 

 “No…please…DaeHee…Appa told us to keep going! Don’t leave me here!”

 

“…I’m sorry, DaeHyun…”

 

She ran back toward the house.

 

I kept screaming for her to come back as I pulled at the handcuffs, trying to get myself out of the handcuff. My wrist quickly grew an angry red from my violent tugging, but my mind was fogged with all sorts of horrible things that could be happening to my family while I was stuck here. I finally notice that I could escape by traveling down the tree branch. As fast as I could, I pulled the handcuff down the branch, breaking all the lingering branches that were in the way. When I finally got out of DaeHee’s trap, I bolted toward the house.

 

BOOM.

 

My heart stopped at the sight of pieces of the house dropped from the sky along with the rain as a giant flame engulfed the left side of the house, slowly traveling its way to the right. A second explosion went off on the right, leaving our house in a giant ball of flames reaching toward the sky, unyielding to the rain falling right over it.

 

“Dae…Hee…DAEHEE!”

 

“UMMA!”

 

“APPA!”

 

“DAEHEE-AH!”

 

~

 

DaeHyun bolted up in a cold sweat. He wiped his forehead with his hand as he tried to regain his uneven breaths. In an attempt to compose himself, he inhaled deeply with his eyes closed.

 

“Mmm…DaeHyun?”

 

MiMi looked up at him sleepily, stirred awake by his frantic movements. When she tried to get up to see if he was alright, he pushed her back down.

 

“I’m fine…go back to bed…” he informed, kissing her on the forehead and pulling the cover back over her. Too drowsy to argue, she s her arms around his waist and curled up against him, falling back to sleep.

 

He smiled tenderly at her means of comforting him, lying back down next to her in his bed. He examined her sleeping face for a few moments, proving a bit difficult in the dark but enough for him to appreciate her presence. Ironic that she was the one relieving him of his nightmare when he had suggested she sleep with him to alleviate her nightmares.

 

With the comfort of having her there, he fell back to sleep, hugging her against his chest.

 

The reminiscence of losing his family didn’t return for the rest of that night.

 

=====================================================================

 

Another short chapter, but I figured I would get one up and this scene can stand by itself. I was gonna add another few scenes afterwards, but stopping it here ain’t too bad.

 

For all you DaeMi people out there. XD [Now stop yelling at me…;A;]

 

I watched the B.A.P live stream, which will be subbed soon, and enjoyed the Block B OST…so ing amazing. I just don’t even…TT_____TT

 

Anyways…this chapter…was a bit painful to write…:(

 

DaeHyun-ah…I’m sorry…;___;

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. YoungJae…you and Joko Mato…I just…I don’t…;____; You are underrated perfection.

 

P.P.S. Yes, more KittyKwon voice please…;_____; You are underrated, too.

 

P.P.P.S. INFINITE TRIPLE WIN ON MNET, MUSIC BANK AND INKIGAYO! WOOOOO!

 

P.P.P.P.S. Thank you for all that voted! I really wasn’t sure what to do for the next chapter, so it helped for those that gave me input. …and for those that voted for D…I ing hate you, you’re a bunch of trolls. :) [YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.]

 

=====================================================================

 

xxChaeMynniexx: I felt bad for killing JinYoung…T____T But I had to kill someone…well…I didn’t have to…but for the sake of the story I did! Naw…to each their own…it seems EunWoo isn’t too popular with my readers…XD I feel bad! I think she’s awesome.

 

-imhungry: There were a lot of things in that chapter, I hope I wasn’t too confusing in terms of the events. O.o If you’re confused about backgrounds, that’s another story. XD *points up* Happy now? XD I don’t think…I’ll be killing DaeHyun? o.O In fact, I’m not sure if anyone else is going to be dying in this fic. Hmm…we’ll have to see.

 

NazSamz: Aw…XD Poor HoMi and DaeWoo…*pats the two couples* Yup, JinYoung is Jr. from JJ Project. DaeMi moment added just for you. :P MiMi’s a little bit of a …XD Except not really…except kind of…but not actually. (MiMi: MAKE UP YOUR MIND, GOD DAMN IT.) I’m not sure if I’ll be doing any of the explaining that everyone is hoping I would in the next few chapters. XD But I think the story is starting to unravel itself. :P Slowly but surely~ you make perfect sense. :P I’m the one that everyone should be worried about…>>

 

corn-edmonkey: *grumbles and throws things* You enjoy my minds. :) You can blame Always2oclock for picking ChanYeol. XDDD *points all blame on her* Dude, JJ Project appearance was totally not planned until like…the day I wrote that chapter. =___= That isn’t even the end of all the characters. :3 It seems everyone is not making sense. My message above is to you, chingu.

 

MaeilYogurt: *unhides you from corner* HALLO. *creepy face*

This fic is a very angry fic. XDDD Lots of hurt and angst about to happen. Naw, don’t hate on ChanYeol~ he’s just doing his job at being a sore ex-boyfriend! I’ve already answered your questions. XD Well…all the questions I am willing to answer. :3 Still unworthy of your ever so flattering and extremely appreciated compliments. ;____; *bows in thanks*

 

BAPLOVER: Hahaha, do we have a new DaeWoo shipper? :3 And thank you for calling my work awesome…T___T Your compliment is appreciated.

 

ShadowYin: You are an EXOtic indeed. :) ChanYeol is a derp. XD That is all. And yes…yes I am messed up…>> Thank you for always commenting. :D

 

Always2oclock: *dies at your super long comment of joy* You are amazing. ^ ^

Bi is an adorable name for an adorable little kitty. :3 Great choice. Dude, DaeHyun isn’t really that short. XD But ChanYeol is tall. :P Kekekeke…*imagines them too* You’re the one that made him like that…=___= There probably will be one point where DaeHyun won’t be around when EunWoo is trouble. But I haven’t decided. Just like the rest of this story. I quite enjoyed the end of that scene. XD Brings back a little humor to an otherwise extremely depressing chapter. I explained everything else to you. *is lazy* *pokes EunWoo’s lonely dingy*

 

mysteriousshadow: Agreed! X3 Jr’s freaking adorable little swag and JB’s a trolling bastard. XD