Rainy Days

Dirty Little Secret

Pant, pant, pant.

 

Splash, splash, splash.

 

She looked behind her to see if she lost them or not. It was pouring rain and she didn’t bother to grab an umbrella or anything. In fact, she didn’t even bother to put on shoes.

 

She didn’t have time to.

 

Her legs were getting tired but getting caught wasn’t an option.

 

She was tired of dealing with this every now and then when he got drunk. He never considered consequences when he did and she should have known he was gonna get drunk yesterday.

 

After all, it was the anniversary of when he lost his job.

 

She turned a corner and hid in a narrow alleyway, hoping they would go past her. Her back was plastered to the wall as she listened for voices.

 

“Did you see her?”

 

“No, damn it, she sure is slippery. Keep circling. She has to be around here somewhere.”

 

When she was sure the voices were gone, she peaked out and bolted off as far as she could.

 

~

 

“Old man, where’s your daughter?”

 

“W-What? Why do you want my daughter?”

 

“You called yesterday, didn’t you?”

 

“No! I…don’t remember but whatever I said yesterday, I didn’t mean it! Don’t take my daughter please!”

 

After hearing the unfamiliar voices, EunWoo immediately opened her window and ran out of the house. She sighed sadly as she ran, tired of being used to this routine.

 

Just her luck, it started raining.

 

~

 

“Ah!” EunWoo winced as she accidentally stepped on a shard of glass. “People should really consider others that can’t afford to wear footwear…”

 

She ripped a piece of her shirt off and used it to bandage her right foot. Wincing, she took out the piece of glass and threw it into the trashcan.

 

“Where should I go until they give up?” she wondered as she limped through the alley using the wall as her support. She was very familiar with the labyrinth and decided it was probably best to find some shelter.

 

“Meow~”

 

EunWoo turned around to find a little black kitten getting soaked in the rain.

 

“Kitten? Are you okay?” she approached it slowly to find that the poor thing was so small it was having trouble standing because the wetness from the rain was weighing it down. She picked the little drenched one up and placed it in her shirt to try and warm it up.

 

“Where’s your mommy, kitten? Did she leave you behind? Maybe she’s looking for you…” EunWoo wondered by herself, getting up to try and find the little guy’s mother, forgetting about the couple of goons after her. She smiled warmly when she felt the little guy started purring against her chest, glad that it didn’t seem as distressed as before. Another sigh escaped her as she tried to find some sort of clue to where its mother could be.

 

“Achoo!”

 

She rubbed her nose, starting to feel cold from being out in the rain for so long.

 

“I should probably just find somewhere to rest for a bit…” EunWoo decided, her legs aching from running earlier along with her hurt foot.

 

“There she is!”

 

EunWoo’s eyes widened.

 

“Ah! I forgot about them!” she cursed at her blatant oversight. After realizing how close they were to her, she didn’t bother trying to run away, considering she would inevitably get caught eventually with her injured foot. She groaned, piling through her brain for some sort of excuse, as they got closer.

 

“Hey, guys…look…so…I know…you’re just doing your job…but as you can see, I hurt my foot, so CLEARLY I’m in no shape to work for you guys. So can you please just let me go this one time, please? I’m a damaged product!”

 

The two guys looked at each other and bellowed in laughter.

 

“Sweetie, where you’re going, you won’t need to be on your foot anyways,” smirked one of them sinisterly as he grabbed EunWoo’s wrist and started dragging her along.

 

“Ouch! Hey, hey! Bully! Can’t you at least slow down?! This hurts you know!” EunWoo whined, pointing at her foot.

 

“It’s a good thing you have a pretty face,” grumbled the other as he grabbed her by her hair.

 

“Ah! Let go of me!” EunWoo screamed, hitting the buff dude. When all she got was more laughter, she looked up at the hand that was grabbing her hair and back down at the trashcans near her. She pulled the guy’s arm down and bit down hard, leaving marks, forcing him to let go. To buy herself some time, she grabbed the trashcans and shoved them at them while running away. She winced, trying her best to ignore the pain of each step on her right foot. If she could just get on a busier street, she could scream for help and hope for the best. Remembering she had a little guy still resting in her chest, she looked down to make sure it was still doing okay.

 

“Get back here!”

 

Forget the main street.

 

“HELP! SOMEONE! ! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!” she yelled as she ran, praying someone would hear her. She yelped in pain when she was caught by her hair again. Her body curled up around the little kitten, hoping she wouldn’t be punished for running and/or biting the thug.

 

KICK.

 

EunWoo blinked, realizing her hair wasn’t being pulled on anymore. She turned to see a masked blond roundhouse kick the other thug after having flying kicked the one that grabbed her hair.

 

“Dae…Hyun-sshi?”

 

With a sigh, he turned around, glaring down at her angrily. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, but stopped immediately when she yelped in pain.

 

“Did you hurt yourself?” DaeHyun asked.  EunWoo merely nodded, pointing down at her foot. He sighed, turning around so that she could get on his back. Instead of complying, EunWoo bit her bottom lip and shook her head.

 

“The kitten will get squashed…”

 

“What kitten?!” DaeHyun demanded, frustrated that she isn’t helping them get out of there quicker. Just as EunWoo was about to pull down her collar to show him, he grabbed her wrist, stopping her. “Forget it.”

 

EunWoo blinked, not sure what he meant by that, until she felt her feet being swept up from under her. Her heart thumped loudly in her ear as she rested against his chest. She blushed deeply as she looked up, memorizing every little detail of his face, dripping wet from the rain. It felt like a dream. Was she really being carried bride-style by the Jung DaeHyun?

 

She was brought back to reality when they arrived at his bike. He threw her on the back and tossed her a helmet.

 

“Where do you live?”

 

“NO! You can’t take me home right now!” EunWoo flinched when DaeHyun threw her an extremely aggravated stare. “I…just ran away from there…for the same reason you had to just save me…”

 

DaeHyun took a deep breath so he didn’t explode, already irritated from having to chase after MiMi. He rubbed his forehead, trying to come up with a place they could find shelter. He couldn’t bring her back to B.A.P’s apartment; it’s kind of a secret location…

 

Not to mention, he still had to find MiMi.

 

~

 

Ding dong.

 

The door opened.

 

“Hello, my name is Kim MiHyun. HoWon-sshi asked me to-”

 

“Right this way, MiHyun-sshi,” interrupted the butler as he showed her in. MiMi looked around in awe at how large the house was.

 

‘This is…such a waste of space…’ she decided in her head as the butler led her to HoWon’s room.

 

“Master HoWon, the lady MiHyun has arri-”

 

“Wah!” MiHyun yelled in surprise when HoWon yanked her into the room, slamming the door close on the butler.

 

“Help me! I have NO IDEA WHAT I’M DOING!” he screamed, shaking her back and forth by her shoulders. MiHyun gave HoWon a wtf face, pushing him off of her.

 

She gasped at the three little hurricanes running around tearing everything up. There was pee and poop everywhere along with shredded papers, shirts, etc. She turned back at HoWon, sympathetically, since she was the one that begged him to take the puppies.

 

She turned back around at the mess and sighed, getting to work to clean everything up.

 

She took out a giant roll of paper towels along with a de-scenting spray that she picked up from the store before coming here. She had a feeling this was going to happen and would have gone home with HoWon the other day to help him set everything up SO that this didn’t happen…you know…if she didn’t lose consciousness.

 

“Ah! You three little monsters! Stop that!” she laughed when they jumped at her, trying to her face.

 

“I’m really sorry…MiHyun.”

 

She froze, forgetting for a moment that HoWon was in the room (puppies make you do that). She picked up the little black one that demanded to be held and faced HoWon, curious about what he had to say.

 

A small smile appeared on her face as she handed him the little black one and went back to work. He looked down at the little guy in his arms in confusion, not sure what her action meant. The guilt was eating him alive.

 

“I didn’t mean for that to happen…I mean…I figured you were strong enough to take care of yourself…and I had a phone call…I was barely gone…and aish!” he cursed while ruffling his hair, getting frustrated with himself just thinking about it.

 

MiMi sighed as she picked up all the wonderful smelling presents with a plastic bag turned inside out.

 

“It’s not your fault…I mean…other than the fact that you have absolutely no sense when it comes to picking where to have a date, I could have defended myself and nothing would have happened if I wasn’t so stubborn about making sure I don’t reveal myself,” MiMi explained, moving on to cleaning up all the puddles left.

 

“Though I don’t agree with that no sense comment, I am the man in this relationship so I should be there to protect you from harm.”

 

MiMi laughed a bit too hard for HoWon’s taste as she got up and rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Okay, first of all, we HAVE no relationship and even if we did, you are far too pathetic to be considered “the man.” Protecting me? He said as he left me about 500 text messages asking me to save him from the tiny terrors. And please, you could have at least picked a less sketchy arcade to go to, though I suppose since you’re rich and everything, you could just buy an arcade,” MiMi shot back with a flip of her hair, JUST to be more obnoxious.

 

“Do you like WooHyun?”

 

MiMi was taken aback by the question and how serious he was staring at her.

 

“Why…would you ask that all of a sudden?”

 

“Why can’t you answer?”

 

MiMi looked down at the ground and coughed, “Oh gosh…they sure made a huge mess of things. I feel really bad for leaving them with you like this…”

 

“I let them do it on purpose so you would come here.”

 

She glanced over her shoulder to find HoWon crouched down to her level, still staring at her, though his expression had softened.

 

“I felt horrible about what happened yesterday and wanted to make sure you’re okay…I have no intention of hurting you…I’m just curious…” He brushed her bangs out of her face. “…what it would be like…if I already knew-”

 

His phone rang again, causing his gentle yet fiery stare turned extremely agitated. The grip on his phone looked like he wanted to chuck it out the window, but he left the room anyways to check what the other person wanted.

 

Immediately, MiMi took the opportunity to rummage around HoWon’s room for any information. She checked his desk first and was surprised at the lack of possessions in his desk.

 

“Damn it, did he take everything out already?” she whispered to herself. The three little guys started barking at her, demanding she play with them, running off and back to get her to chase them. She giggled at their adorable behavior and told them, “Not now, little guys…I need to find some sort of dirt on this guy.”

 

She watched as the little ones ran off into a corner and played tug-a-war with a picture. Curious, she took the picture from them and examined it.

 

“That’s my first girlfriend.”

 

HoWon walked back into the room as MiMi didn’t even bother to hide the fact that she was going through his stuff…it was pretty much all over the floor anyways…

 

“She’s pretty.”

 

“Jealous?”

 

MiMi shook her head with a blank stare.

 

“I’m kidding,” HoWon chuckled, sitting down next to her, taking the picture and looking at it. “She acted just like MiHyun when I first met her. Eventually, she left me…for another guy…who she never broke up with.”

 

A bitter laugh escaped him.

 

“She used me…because I was rich.”

 

MiMi stared at him for awhile before finally speaking.

 

“You still have her picture.”

 

HoWon didn’t say anything, just staring at the girl that betrayed him.

 

“I really liked her.”

 

Rip.

 

HoWon blinked in surprise. He merely watched as MiMi tore up the picture in tiny pieces, no chances of being mended back together.

 

“I didn’t like her face,” MiMi shrugged, going back to work in cleaning up the room.

 

A mysterious smile appeared on his face as he watched MiMi chase the little orange one around the room for stealing the de-scenting spray. He walked over to where she was cleaning and picked up where she left off.

 

“No way, Nurungie! Do my eyes deceive me?! Is that really all-mighty Lee HoWon-sshi cleaning your pee?! I must be dreaming!” MiMi exaggerated, talking to the orange one after she caught it. He responded by her chin. “That tickles!”

 

“Nurungie?” HoWon laughed, apparently not bothered by her insult. He held his nose, waving at the air. “He smells more like a Bongbongyi…”

 

MiMi sneered at him, “Don’t listen to him, Nurungie~ you’re just more handsome than him, so he’s jealous~”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Merong!” MiMi yelled out as she ran off with Nurungie while HoWon chased after her. The two others wanted to join in on the commotion, tailing after HoWon. When he caught her, he tackled her on the ground (though he cushioned her fall for her) and offered her up to the dogs.

 

“Go! Puppies! Attack her!” HoWon commanded. The dogs took the opportunity to gang up on her and have a fest. MiMi could only giggle as she came out of the barrage covered in puppy slobber. He let her go, so MiMi rolled off to pet the adorable little monsters, a genuine smile on her face. He was surprised at how warm it looked in comparison to the sweet smiles he’s used to seeing in school. It made him wonder who exactly was the real MiHyun, but pushed the thought aside and just appreciated the moment, petting the little black one that crawled into his lap.

 

~

 

EunWoo looked around in awe as they finally got out of the rain. They could still hear the loud pitter-patter of the raindrops hitting the roof of the abandoned building he led her to.

 

“Here, it’s been here for awhile but it should be good enough.” DaeHyun tossed her a towel. She smiled widely, thanking him, taking the kitten out of her shirt and wrapping it in the towel, drying it off.

 

“…there really is a kitten…”

 

EunWoo pouted, “I told you there was a kitten. I was going to see if I could find its mother but I got a bit distracted from running away.”

 

“How’s your foot?” DaeHyun asked.

 

“I think it stopped bleeding at least!” EunWoo optimistically exclaimed.

 

“Do you…want me to look at it?” DaeHyun awkwardly offered. EunWoo shook her head immediately, not wanting to burden him.

 

“Thank you for saving me…I never got a chance to thank you properly,” EunWoo bowed.

 

“…I don’t like seeing girls getting taken advantage of…”

 

EunWoo saw the look in DaeHyun’s eyes. He looked as if he was remembering something painful when he said that. After one blink, his eyes returned to normal as he approached the kitten. He smiled as he pet the little thing, much happier that it was no longer shivering in the cold rain.

 

“So what’s your story?” DaeHyun questioned, pulling his mask off because it was soaked.

 

“Ah, it’s nothing.”

 

“…it’s nothing…yet I can’t return you to your home.”

 

EunWoo looked away, “…my dad…tries to sell me when he gets drunk. It first started happening after he lost his job. We were considerably well off, but then my dad went crazy after losing his job. He started gambling for money and got into a lot of debt. So he tried to sell me for money. I’ve gotten used to running away for a few days until things die down and I can go home. My mom never really bothered trying to help me. She’s too busy worrying about her own image to care about what happens to me. It makes me wonder what good are parents that don’t even protect their only child. But…I guess…I’m still thankful they’re alive…”

 

EunWoo trailed off. Her eyes widened and covered . She hadn’t meant to bring up DaeHyun’s departed loved ones.

 

“I’m sorry…I didn’t meant to…I just…I was thinking about…because…they’re still my parents…so of course I’m just glad they’re alive…because I wouldn’t want anything to happen to them…” EunWoo rambled, pulling on her hair, really wanting to hide away in a hole at this point.

 

“You aren’t mad?”

 

“Heh?”

 

“You aren’t mad at your parents?”

 

“Oh…well…it was a hard time for my dad…so I guess I can understand why he did that…besides he always apologizes afterwards and feels horrible about it,” EunWoo smiled. “I know he really does care about me because he has always taken care of me…he just…has a momentary lap of bad judgment sometimes. He’s been doing it less and less now. Getting drunk, I mean…so it’s been awhile since I’ve had to run away.”

 

DaeHyun just stared in disbelief at what EunWoo had to deal with. He would have never expected this from how happy and optimistic she was all the time.

 

“Even if we can’t choose our parents, we can still choose our own path, right?”

 

Her smile never left her face.

 

“Let me see your foot. It can get infected if you don’t treat it.”

 

~

 

“DaeHyunnie…have you ever wondered what it would be like with non-workaholic parents? Maybe we could worry less about taking care of ourselves and actually hang out with our friends…”

 

“Jung DaeHee…you know how much our parents love us…don’t say things like that…”

 

“I’m kidding! I love Appa and Umma very much and wouldn’t trade them for anyone!

 

 

 

I just wish they were home more.”

 

~

 

It was raining that day too.

 

When our house was engulfed in flames…

 

When I lost everything…

 

Appa…

 

Umma…

 

DaeHee…

 

For you, I will travel the ends of the Earth to punish the ones that destroyed everything.

 

=====================================================================

 

Infinite’s first win with The Chaser – 5/31/12

 

So I worked on this until it was finished in celebration.

 

I realize how horribly written this chapter was but…

 

I’m tired.

 

*dies*

 

~Kira :3

 

=====================================================================

 

mysteriousshadow: I shall consider what I do with him. XD I’m absolutely in love with those three little trouble makers. :) They fit so well with Infinite. ^ ^

 

MaeilYogurt: Yay! HoMi shipper! *helps you sail the boat along with this chapter*

 

xxChaeMynniexx: Why hallo! :D Thank you for commenting! Haven’t seen you around before. :3 MiMi’s been around those boys for so long that she knows how to get around them. XD Which is why YoungJae didn’t even bother trying. Poor Zelo indeed. *pets the tall pink puppy*

 

ShadowYin: Congrats on catching up. I’m sure it took awhile. :P This isn’t…as angsty as I thought it would be…o___O

 

corn-edmonkey: You can’t…root for both. XD Or else MiMi will be two-timing! Annyeong, nan zelo. Zelo, zelo, zelo, zelo. XDDDD Mined enough for you?

 

-imhungry: Hahaha, well I’m glad you won’t go AWOL on me and destroy me and everything that I love…:P Zelo is just so adorable I don’t even. …I had to explode a pink ball on him…it was absolutely necessary. I REGRET NOTHING.

 

Always2oclock: *pat pat* It’s okay. I still like EunWoo. D: The guys have it rough…dealing with MiMi…XD