Run Away

Dirty Little Secret

“Wow, that’s a long line,” DaeHyun commented as JongUp jumped up and down to see how far they were from the entrance.

 

“Why are there so many people eating now?” whined JunHong with a pout.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else,” DaeHyun suggested, receiving a nod of agreement from the two magnaes. As DaeHyun led the way to another place for food, JunHong suddenly grabbed his hyung’s arm with both hands tensely.

 

“L-Let’s go this way!” JunHong suggested, pulling on DaeHyun.

 

“W-Whu-but the other Bulgolgi place is that waaaaaah!” DaeHyun yelled as he got forcefully yanked away by the tall magnae and pushed from behind by JongUp. As JunHong pulled their hyung, JongUp shot JunHong a questionable look, unsure of why they were going the other way. JunHong tried to explain that MiMi might be in the other direction, but JongUp wasn’t getting the message. The strange, random hand and facial gestures that JunHong was making only made JongUp very confused and DaeHyun very suspicious.

 

“Okay, stop, stop, STOP! What is going on here, you two?!” DaeHyun demanded, pulling JunHong back forcibly to a stop. The younger two gave each other a “, we’re screwed” look.

 

“W-Well…umm…” JongUp started quietly, eyes darting all over the place to think of a reasonable excuse.

 

“See, YongGookie-hyung and HimChannie-hyung we-”

 

“DaeHyun-sshi?”

 

The three of them froze at the voice (DaeHyun stiffened up almost like a statue). JongUp and JunHong slowly turned around to find a fairly surprised-looking EunWoo.

 

“Oh, JongUp-sshi, JunHong-sshi! What are you guys doing here? Do you live around here?” EunWoo wondered with a bright smile.

 

Well, at least this was the perfect distraction for the two magnaes.

 

“We were just leaving to get some food,” DaeHyun informed as he turned to leave in the forbidden direction.

 

“NO!”

 

“GAH!”

 

EunWoo jumped in shock when the younger two blonds jumped on DaeHyun…literally…ouch…that looked painful…

 

“Would you like to come into my family’s restaurant?” EunWoo offered kindly.

 

“No, thanks…we were going to-” DaeHyun declined only to be interrupted by the mischievous babies.

 

“YES! We’d love to!” They chimed at the same time, dragging DaeHyun along with them as EunWoo led the way.

 

“Why…….WHY ARE YOU TWO LIKE THIS?!”

 

~

 

MiHyun blinked curiously as she removed her bike helmet and slid off of HoWon’s motorcycle. She cocked her head to the side to make sure she wasn’t just imagining things, but decided to clarify with her “driver” while pointing at their destination.

 

“We’re…going to an…arcade?” MiHyun wondered out loud.

 

“Well…I was expecting to take a mysterious girl out, not a model student…so this is what I had planned. What? Just because I’m rich, I can’t hang out at cheap arcades?” HoWon chuckled arrogantly, causing MiHyun to sneer at his cocky attitude.

 

“Rich bastard,” MiMi muttered under her breath as she walked towards the entrance as HoWon locked up the bike. The location of the arcade was a bit low-key and quite sketchy, so it was better safe than sorry. Just as she was about to enter, she was stopped by a pair of familiar faces.

 

“MiHyunnie?”

 

“Woo…Hyun-sshi…” MiHyun whispered to herself more than anyone else.

 

“What are you doing here?” laughed WooHyun, very happily surprised by their impromptu encounter. The girl next to him…not so much…for a very good reason, of course. MiHyun laughed nervously at the death glare she was currently receiving from Bekah.

 

“Oh, WooHyun, what are you doing here? I thought you said you were gonna win Bekah over with premiere tickets?” HoWon joined in the conversation, throwing his arm around MiHyun to indicate to WooHyun that she was off-limits to him (and more importantly, he might lose his balls if he tried anything).

 

“The premiere isn’t until later tonight so we’re ‘pre-gaming’ for the event…literally…what are you doing here?” Bekah informed with a very accusing tone directed at MiHyun.

 

“I…he…um…” MiHyun tried to explain but quite frankly, she was unsure why she was there to begin with, so she just hid behind HoWon to avoid the question.

 

“I figured MiHyun has been sheltered her whole life so I just wanted to show her around a less glamorous yet entertaining side that she has most likely never seen,” HoWon explained casually, lying straight through his teeth.

 

“Are you sure…this place isn’t too dangerous for her?” WooHyun wondered cautiously, concerned for the “delicate little flower.” His concern was met with negative consequence as Bekah stopped glaring at MiHyun to glare at him instead.

 

“I’M LEAVING!” she hissed in annoyance, stomping off as she threw one more glare at MiHyun, who flinched and used HoWon as a barrier between them.

 

“Ah! Bekah, wait! Sorry, I’ll talk to you guys later, okay?” WooHyun bowed in apology at MiHyun and then grabbed HoWon to whisper in his ear, “You better take good care of her,” before taking off after Bekah in hopes of soothing the seething beast once he was able to catch up to her.

 

HoWon shrugged at WooHyun’s warning and led MiHyun in. He noticed that she looked extremely nervous and out of place.

 

“What’s wrong? I figured you would prefer coming here to a fancy restaurant.”

 

MiHyun pulled at her skirt awkwardly and mumbled, “Considering you threatened me this morning to come out, I figured I didn’t have a choice where I was going…”

 

HoWon grabbed MiHyun’s hand off her skirt from fidgeting and smiled sweetly, “I asked you out to get to know you better, not Kim MiHyun, so just let loose and have fun, okay? Trust me, there’s no way anyone from Woollim would be here. Bekah and WooHyun only come here because Bekah likes to let loose and have fun at arcades. Everyone else at Woollim is too stuck up and snobby to even think about coming here.”

 

MiHyun looked down at HoWon’s hand residing over hers and jerked him off before making her way into the arcade. She politely greeted the one of the workers as she checked out the games. HoWon chuckled as he watched her fascinated eyes run over all the shiny lights and contraptions.

 

“Is this your first time at an arcade?” he asked her once he caught up to her. She shook her head, still checking out all the games rather than facing him.

 

“I’ve been to a few before, but it’s definitely been awhile. Things have really upgraded…” MiMi informed. As she saw a DDR platform, her eyes lit up and flew towards the familiar contraption. “HoWon-sshi, let’s play this one!”

 

Thoughts of his first time bringing her here flashed through his mind as the bright, innocent excitement shining on MiMi’s face reminded him of her reaction.

 

Everything was all too familiar for him…

 

~

 

CHOMP, CHOMP, SLURP, GULP.

 

JongUp and JunHong stared in awe as DaeHyun finished his 2nd bowl of noodles: meat, vegetables, soup all included. They were well aware of how much their hyung was able to consume but it was still one of those mysteries that amazed them every time. JongUp finally decided to start eating again himself as DaeHyun’s 3rd bowl came over. EunWoo merely stared as DaeHyun ate.

 

JunHong noticed EunWoo’s adoring stare and commented (as he continued eating as well), “EunWoo-noona must be stunned seeing DaeHyunnie-hyung without his mask.”

 

EunWoo jumped at JunHong’s statement and laughed nervously, “N-No…I’ve seen him before without his ma-”

 

She threw her hand over , realizing she revealed something she wasn’t supposed to know. All three of them stopped and looked at her.

 

“You’ve seen DaeHyunnie-hyung without his mask? When?” JongUp questioned, more in surprise and curiosity rather than in an interrogating manner (which was what DaeHyun’s glaring stare implied).

 

“I-In my dreams!” EunWoo blurted out impulsively. Though she wanted to know more about DaeHyun’s past, she had a feeling if he knew she stalked him to the graves, he might never talk to her again. Although…after that confession (which was not far from the truth), he might not talk to her again anyways…

 

JunHong and JongUp exchanged glances before chortling a little, trying to hold back their laughs as DaeHyun moved away from EunWoo a little, throwing her a disapproving look, as he continued eating.

 

EunWoo sighed in relief. Not the best cover up, but it seemed to have work for now…

 

JunHong smiled at EunWoo brightly and called out cutely, “EunWoo-noona!”

 

“Neh?” she answered, removing her eyes from DaeHyun for once to look at JunHong.

 

“Does your dad cook the food? It’s really delicious!” JunHong complimented as he took another bite out of his food. JongUp nodded in agreement while DaeHyun was too busy shoving more food in his mouth.

 

“Mhmm, Appa is a great cook but he only started this restaurant a few months ago. He used to work for Samsung as a manager, but got fired. We had money issues for a long time before Appa finally picked himself up a bit and started this place,” EunWoo explained with a smile while the rest of them felt a bit awkward at her confession and stopped eating.

 

“So I guess those rumors about EunWoo-sshi being rich were true…” JongUp wondered as he put back a piece of meat guiltily. When she realized they stopped eating from pity (since EunWoo had agreed to treat them), she waved her hands and laughed.

 

“Oh, no, don’t worry, really! We’re a lot better now! It’s not a big deal. Please, keep eating! It’ll make me feel better that I’m well off enough to treat people rather than being treated as a charity case,” EunWoo reasoned, urging them to continue. JongUp was the first one to slowly take a piece of meat (while eying the other two) and putting it in his mouth. JunHong followed right after, complimenting again on how good the food was.

 

“I’m going to the bathroom,” DaeHyun announced as he got up. EunWoo pouted, hoping it was just a coincidence that DaeHyun needed to go and not because he suddenly felt awkward. Her mind ran back to the other day she saw DaeHyun’s face for the first time with a forlorn look at his family. When DaeHyun came out of the bathroom, she walked up to him before he could get back to the table.

 

“DaeHyun-sshi…could I…talk to you about something?”

 

~

 

MiMi laughed as she left the arcade with a stuffed bunny in her arms while HoWon trailed after her sulking. She had proved herself a worthy opponent by beating HoWon at the water gun shooting game and winning the prize for herself. Granted, given her background as an assassin, it would have been a disgrace to lose. She might not have quite the sharp shot that JunHong does, but she still has excellent aim.

 

Just as they were about to leave, a loud yelp of pain echoed from down the street. MiMi stiffened at the sound.

 

HoWon seemed to have noticed as well as he turned his head in the direction of the noise and wondered, “Was that a dog?”

 

His eyes widened when MiMi past him with a mask on (where did that come from?), leaving him behind. HoWon clicked his tongue in frustration as he stood his motorcycle back up and ran after her. Before he could make it in time, he heard a few loud SMACK from the direction MiMi had ended up.

 

“Oh, ,” HoWon mumbled at the sight before him. MiMi had some guy by the collar, currently bleeding from the nose and mouth, as she pulled her arm back to punch him again. He was able to restrain her fists from doing anymore damage to the guy as he pulled her.

 

“LET GO OF ME! I’M GOING TO ING KILL HIM!” she hissed angrily, struggling extremely roughly against HoWon’s grip.

 

“Okay, whoa, whoa, whoa, let’s calm down first and talk this through, okay?” HoWon tried to reason only to have MiMi glare back at him, not sure of what set her off.

 

“There is absolutely NO reason that I will be satisfied with for beating a dog to death like that!” screamed MiMi. HoWon froze at her statement, finally noticing the dog next to the guy, drowning in a pool of its own blood with open wounds all over its body. When everything got quiet, MiMi’s eyes widened at what she hadn’t noticed before.

 

The sound of distressed yips broke her heart.

 

“Oh my gosh, no…NO! YOU SICK BASTARD!” MiMi growled as she noticed the cage of puppies right next to the mother, trying their hardest to get to their mom but unable to because of the bars on the cage.

 

HoWon had accidentally let go of MiMi enough for her to get out of his grasp but immediately threw his arms around her waist so she couldn’t beat the man to death. He closed his eyes in pain and looked away for a second to take in everything that was going as MiMi relentlessly thrashing in his grip.

 

“MiHyun…MiHyun! Hey, stop! You aren’t helping anyone by acting like this!” HoWon attempted to reason once more.

 

“I will if you let me go so I can kill that bastard! How could you?! HOW COULD YOU?! RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM! WHY?!” MiMi cried viciously throwing more violent kicks at the man, who was starting to lose consciousness from his earlier beating courtesy of a very pissed off MiMi.

 

“It’s too late for the mother, MiHyun! DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE PUPPIES OR NOT?!”

 

MiMi stopped her screaming for a moment at his declaration, her eyes never leaving the disgusting man’s face. Her actions might have calmed but her anger was still boiling hot as ever. When he felt that she was calm enough to let her go, he took out a couple of bills and threw them condescendingly at the man on the floor so that they flew down haphazardly all over.

 

“That should be enough for the three puppies. The rest is for you to clean up your ing act before I put you out of business for abuse,” HoWon hissed in disgust as he picked up the cage (that was entirely too small for the three little ones) and grabbed MiMi’s hand, leading her out of there before she actually killed him.

 

Once they returned to their original location, MiMi yanked her hand out of HoWon’s grip.

 

“I hate you…I hate you and everything you stand for…” she glared down at the ground. “All you rich bastards throw money around to magically make all your problems disappear. I ing hate it.”

 

HoWon sighed, placing the cage on the floor.

 

“Money doesn’t solve anything. It merely buries all the lies and pain that people want to forget. It may not solve the problem, but it’s the only language everyone understands. It’s not pretty….but violence…isn’t the answer either,” he answered seriously, tenderly touching her bruised hand and removing her mask. “It only causes you more pain…”

 

MiMi scoffed at him, turning her head away, “What pretty words for someone that has been spoiled his whole life.”

 

HoWon was reminded of her pained cries from earlier as she glared so intensely at the ground in abhorrence. He smiled sadly at her.

 

“Having money doesn’t make me invincible to pain and suffering…but it did make saving these guys possible.”

 

MiMi’s eyes softened immediately as HoWon took the three puppies out of their cramped cage and handed them to her. She hugged them tightly, dropping to the floor so they could sit on her lap, and gently cooed sweet words of assurance that they were safe now.

 

“If you had kill that guy and stolen the puppies, your head and those puppies would be wanted. That might be something you’re used to, but you sure as hell won’t be able to find homes for those three.”

 

MiMi’s arms dropped at the truth behind his statement, muttering that she had ways of getting away with it. HoWon crouched down to her level and petted the scared-looking puppies curled up against MiMi.

 

“Probably…but these three might not…”

 

HoWon chuckled as the little black one started teething on his finger.

 

“Come on, I’ll take you home now.”

 

MiMi looked up at him in distress.

 

“I…I can’t take these guys home…YongGook-oppa would never approve of one puppy let alone three…there isn’t enough space at our place for these guys…”

 

He sighed, pulling her up to a stand as she hugged the three little ones to her chest.

 

“I’ll take them for now then. But we-”

 

He was interrupted by his phone going off. Sliding it out of his pocket, he cursed at the caller.

 

“I’ll be right back,” he said before disappearing to take the phone call. MiMi would have gone after him had there not been three puppies in her arms that required her attention. She placed the three back on the floor and smiled at the sight of them playfully tugging at each other’s ears.

 

“Perhaps he’s not so bad…” she decided as she warmly stared at the three lives he had just saved (even if she didn’t approve of his method). “What do you guys think?”

 

“I think you’re perfect.”

 

Alarmed at the unfamiliar voice, she quickly placed the puppies back into their crate and slipped them behind the motorcycle. As she whipped around to find a group of guys chuckling at her, she immediately returned to her façade as MiHyun.

 

“W-What do you want from me…” she stuttered, slowly backing away from them.

 

“Nothing~ we just want to play, right guys?” laughed the one in front, smirking as he looked her body up and down.

 

MiMi cursed in her head at HoWon for taking her mask, not that it would have helped anyways since these guys had already all saw her face. She was forced to stay in character if she didn’t want her cover blow…for better or worse.

 

From the way things were going…better didn’t seem to be an option.

 

She took off running immediately before they had a chance to get any closer. But considering how close they had already been, she could only get away for so long.

 

She was bound to be caught…

 

…and she was afraid to find out what might happen to her when she is.

 

~

 

“What do you want?” HoWon scoffed in irritation. “Look, I’m in the middle of something so can you just text me what you need and I’ll get on it after I’m done here?”

 

“ARF, ARF, ARF, ARF, ARF!”

 

HoWon turned back at the chorus of alarmed barks. He lowered his cell phone for a second and tilted his head.

 

“…, I’ll call you back.”

 

He immediately ended the call and ran back to the bike to find MiMi missing. At the sight of the three puppies back in their crate, he knew something was wrong.

 

“MiHyun! MiHyun!” he called out as he ran around the perimeter in search of her.

 

~

 

“, that girl runs fast.”

 

MiHyun panted heavily as she darted further into the alley in hopes of losing them at a turn. The more she twisted and turned, the deeper she got into the maze of the alley until she finally hit a dead end. She saw a ladder leading up and tried to take it only to be pulled down to the ground harshly.

 

“Got you!”

 

“AH!” MiHyun screamed as she felt her elbows scraping the floor from the impact. She crawled backwards away from the group of guys, who were chuckling evilly and their lips, as far as she could until her back hit a wall.

 

“Please…leave me alone…please…HoWon-sshi! NO!” she begged as she kicked one of the guys that lunged at her in the face. She threw a hand up to , surprised at her own reflex.

 

“Damn, she’s a feisty one! I like her! Get her!”

 

MiHyun continued screaming for HoWon, hoping he would find her, as she tried to fight off the group of guys without giving herself away. Unfortunately, her screams were silenced by a hand over as the rest of her limbs were each pinned down. Her eyes widened when they started ripping at her clothes.

 

“No, please, stop, please!” she tried screaming through the hand in , still trying to resist.

 

“DON’T TOUCH ME!”

 

Tears started to stream down her face.

 

“DAEHYUN-AH!”

 

THUD.

 

~

 

HoWon continued making circles around the alley, trying to find MiHyun to no avail. All he could hear were the heavy pants coming from his own mouth.

 

“HoWon-sshi!”

 

His head whipped in the direction of the faint scream and ran at full speed in the ambiguous direction. He continued following the sound of her voice until it disappeared.

 

His heart raced in anxiety as his footsteps quickened.

 

THUD.

 

“Who the are y-”

 

SMACK.

 

Just as HoWon turned the corner to where MiHyun was, he saw one masked blond man with blood on his fist and two conscious guys on the floor around him. As the rest of the guys charged at the blond threat, HoWon joined the fight. Though it was 2 vs. 9, the two boys made quick work of the gang of boys, no match for their superior skills.

 

Once they had finished the gang off, HoWon tried to check on MiHyun, only to be punched in the face by the masked blond. The force of the punch was hard enough to throw him to the ground. While HoWon had to reorient himself, the masked blond ran up to MiHyun.

 

“Mi…hey…”

 

“DON’T TOUCH ME! Please…don’t…touch me!” MiMi cried, curling up into a corner holding her head with her hands, unaware of who was there.

 

“Mi…it’s me…” the voice gently called out.

 

When she finally recognized the voice, she looked up to see a familiar smile face as he pulled his mask down.

 

“J-Jae? YoungJae!” she cried out, throwing herself into his comforting arms as her tears freely fell in relief. He hugged her tightly with a pained expression, speaking softly as he her hair.

 

“It’s okay…I’m here…you’re okay…no one’s going to hurt you anymore…I’m sorry for losing sight of you earlier…I’m sorry…” YoungJae whispered as MiMi broke down in his arms. Her cries began to soften as she fainted from the stress of everything that happened. YoungJae kissed her on the forehead and her hair out of her face before picking her up. As he walked by HoWon, he threw a glare at him.

 

“Lee HoWon-sshi, let this be a lesson to you. You know MiHyun and only MiHyun. She will not act any other way when she is MiHyun…even if she’s in danger. If MiHyun gets hurt because of you again…” YoungJae sneered. He ran his thumb over his neck.

 

“We will kill you.”

 

=====================================================================

 

…wow, that was a super long chapter. I actually wanted to add more scenes with Bekah/WooHyun and DaeHyun/EunWoo but…it’s already 10 pages…LOLZ.

 

So this was more of a long chapter for the dynamics of HoWon and MiMi and nothing was really revealed. Which makes me wonder…why did I write this chapter? O__o

 

…oh well…I hope you all enjoy it and won’t get bored…>> I guess I was compensating for the shortest of the previous chapter. XD

 

And if you guys didn’t catch that, these are the three little puppies Hoya saved!

Puppies!

Nawwwww~ *___*

Had to add this one because Hoya looks too perfect...and I love Dubu.

 

By age: White = Dubu (♀)/Orange = Nurungie (♂)/Black = Coco (♂)

 

T____T I wish they could have stayed with Infinite forever…D: I love this show so much more than Hello Baby because…I don’t know if you guys noticed, but I like animals (more than people). XDDD

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. There are way too many groups promoting right now. I think I might die from Kpop overload…

 

P.P.S. JB is really cute…YoungJae: JB is my friend. …Yes, JaeJae, I know he is. YoungJae:  ^ ^ *pats YoungJae’s spikey head*

 

P.P.P.S. My YoungJae feelings might have been showing in these last two chapters…>>

 

=====================================================================

 

ShadowYin: Cute no more! This chapter’s kind of depressing…>> Dem magnae line are very cute. :3 You gotta love them for their special-ness. XD …especially JongUp…

 

corn-edmonkey: Yes, I take full responsibility for your messed up brain AND REGRET NOTHING. There’s your surprise. Surprise enough? XD There might be more DaeHyun and MiMi in the next chapter after some more DaeHyun and EunWoo. Is that an ugh, Hoya, gross or ugh, Hoya, wants too? XDDD I GOT YOU YOUR PUPPIES! So shut up. :P

 

Always2oclock: Aw, I’m glad you found it cute because it’s the calm before the storm. XD Now you know what YoungJae was doing…stalking MiMi to make sure Hoya didn’t do anything stupid (which he failed…and he was doing so well). XD DaeHyunnie likes himself noms. *NOMNOMNOM AEYGO WHATEVER, DAEHYUN IS HUNGRY*

 

MaeilYogurt: You aren’t a bad person. You are a wonderful person for leaving such a super flattering comment. D: I am not worthy of such high praises but I am very grateful for them! ^ ^ I’m just glad people are reading this. :D

 

mysteriousshadow: Bekah’s pretty damn beast. She’s definitely an awesome character and I enjoy writing immensely. XD Very strong personality to take WooHyun down. :P Much trolling between the two. YESH, BIG BABY JELLO AND HIS CHERRY TOMATOES AND HIS SLEEP TALKING BEHAVIOR. XDDDD ♥ I so want to mess with him sleep talking. That sounds like so much fun. XD

 

spicea11347: Wai cannot watch horror movies? D: Bekah is forever Bekah and that is why she is awesome. :D It was a short chapter…you insisted. XD