Painful Discoveries

Dirty Little Secret

“Paradise Club?”

 

MiMi nodded her head repeatedly, handing the card she found in WooHyun’s room to YongGook, who looked intensely confused at the card.

 

“…Why?”

 

He pushed back on his rolling chair to his desk, picking up the report he had been reading earlier, holding it out for MiMi to read. She took the report from him and skimmed through it. Upon seeing what caused YongGook to be confused, MiMi’s head shot up as her eyes widened in shock.

 

“This is…”

 

“Yeah, Paradise Club. The target is a frequent customer of the place. Rumor has it that the guy drugs his victims and takes them to a hotel where he them with his girlfriend. Sadistic, ing couple nearly kills them every single time,” YongGook sneered in disgust. MiMi stared at the report as ideas ran through her head. “I’m planning on going solo and just have JongUppie back me up in case a fight breaks out. I don’t know if the guy has bodyguards or not. It’s a sketchy club though so being inconspicuous shouldn’t be an-”

 

“Let me do it.”

 

YongGook stopped talking after MiMi interrupted him, giving her an incredulous glare as she still continued to stare at the report.

 

“Are you ing crazy? Did you not hear me? The guy’s a psychopath. I’m not letting anywhere near this mother er, don’t argue with me, MiMi,” YongGook disapproved immediately.

 

“YongGookie-oppa…please…this is the first lead I’ve had since I’ve started. I need to finish this mission as soon as possible before something bad happens…” MiMi begged, staring straight into his stern eyes with pleading ones. “Please…”

 

He sighed, getting up from his chair and cupping the sides of her face with his hands so she couldn’t look away if she wanted to.

 

“If I let you do this, will you promise to do it under my conditions without any complaints?”

 

She nodded eagerly, not even taking into consideration anything else.

 

“Then I’m putting everyone on this mission behind you.”

 

MiMi gaped in disbelief, “E-Everyone?! YongGookie-oppa~! I’m not a child! I don’t need to be bab-”

 

“Be quiet. If YOU are going to be infiltrating, there ain’t a chance in hell I’m letting you go alone. So don’t you dare go running off and getting yourself into trouble before we’re ready to move out. Got it? Promise me, MiMi.”

 

From the unwavering stare she got, MiMi could tell YongGook wasn’t budging one bit on his demand. She sighed deeply once before agreeing, “Fine. We’ll do it your way.”

 

Just as she was about to leave, YongGook added one more comment.

 

“By the way, our victim’s bi and only goes for guys.”

 

~

 

EunWoo sighed as she walked home from school, kicking a small pebble along with her. DaeHyun and his group wasn’t at school today, so she was really disappointed the whole day. Even if she didn’t have a chance with DaeHyun, she still wanted to see him at least.

 

“Go EunWoo?”

 

She froze at the voice. It was all too familiar to her. It brought back memories. So many memories that she had forgotten recently that were now causing her pain again.

 

“Wow, the commoner look suits you,” he laughed, getting out of his BMW to approach EunWoo. He looked at the school emblem on her uniform. “TS? What does that stand for, Trashy Scum?”

 

“What do you want, Key?” EunWoo mumbled, refusing to meet his eyes.

 

“Ah, I was on my way to a club. Why don’t you come with me? It’s always more fun to go with someone I know,” he suggested with a sweet smile.

 

“…Kim KiBum…what are you doing?” she asked again with a questionable look.

 

“What? Are you worried about money? It’s not as if I don’t know you’re dirt poor. It’ll be my treat. Come on~ it’ll be fun!” he demanded, not allowing her to object any more, shoving her into his car and driving off.

 

~

 

“Positions.”

 

“Zelo is perched and prepared,” JunHong reported, eying the perimeter of the club from a few buildings back through the scope of his sniper rifle.

 

“G prepped and armed,” YongGook answered, cocking his handgun as he stood in the back alley of the club.

 

“Moon shining brightly as ever,” JongUp responded nonsensically, standing next to DaeHyun, who shook his head at their ever-so interesting combat specialist.

 

“DJ ready when you are,” DaeHyun called out, his mask muffling his voice.

 

“MiMi is ready to break some neck.” She flipped her short, blond bangs matching DaeHyun’s hairstyle, wearing a y smirk that any guy would be jealous of.

 

“J online and so is everyone else,” YoungJae informed, flipping a few switches so their communication devices were all on the same frequency. “Hacked into the security cameras, you’re ready to go.”

 

“Alright, MiMi, do your thing,” HimChan commanded, hanging over YoungJae’s shoulder to monitor their members’ progress through all the different angles of the club.

 

“Roger that, K.”

 

~

 

The bass of the music pumped so loud that it vibrated the floor. The strobe lights were the only illumination in the club, which made it fairly difficult to see people. HoWon made his way through the mass of people grinding against others that they probably have never met. He walked to the bar and got a drink before checking up on the other rooms.

 

Right when he was about to check his phone for new messages, the door to one of the V.I.P rooms burst open in front of him. A mess of blond blur rushed past him to the bathrooms, holding his mouth. HoWon did a double take in his head before actually turning around to check if his mind was playing tricks on him. Unfortunately the blond male had already entered the bathroom.

 

“…was that…the blonde from the alley?” HoWon muttered to himself. His train of thoughts was interrupted by his cell phone going off. Unable to hear anything so close to the dance floor, he was forced to make his way into one of the other rooms to pick up the call.

 

~

 

“Switch completed,” JongUp reported to YoungJae and HimChan back in their car.

 

“Okay, bring her back,” HimChan ordered.

 

“Roger that, K. Geez, that guy must have potent stuff if he knocked MiMi out like this,” JongUp commented as he threw one of MiMi’s arms over his neck so he could support her weight. “Wow, you gained some weight, MiMi.”

 

“…Moon…”

 

“Neh, J?”

 

“…did you say MiMi’s knocked out?”

 

“Neh.”

 

“Moon, get your back here as fast as possible. G, abort mission! Get in there and force them out! Zelo, standby!” YoungJae commanded suddenly.

 

“J, what are you doing?!” HimChan hissed, demanding answers.

 

“Just shut up and do it! G, get moving!”

 

~

 

EunWoo sighed as she watched her ex-boyfriend having fun by himself on the dance floor, girls all around him. She rolled her eyes.

 

“What’s the point of bringing me here if you’re just gonna leave me alone and have fun by yourself?” she grumbled in annoyance, grabbing her cup of water, sitting at the bar like a loner. Out of the corner of her eye, she could have sworn she saw something blond. However, when she whipped around to check if it was DaeHyun, she didn’t see anyone blond.

 

“…just in case…Key won’t miss me anyways,” EunWoo decided, thanking the bartender for keeping her company as she exited the club in search of DaeHyun. She looked left and right but didn’t see anyone that looked like DaeHyun.

 

“Maybe it was just my imagination…”

 

As she was about to go back in, she heard a gunshot. It sounded really close by, so she darted toward the general direction of the sound.

 

“Oh my gosh…” she gasped at the sight in front of her. “DAE-”

 

A hand muffled with a funny smelling cloth causing her to black out.

 

~

 

HoWon finished his call with a sigh. Well, at least he didn’t have to worry about things on his end anymore. He left through the back entrance since it was closer and so he didn’t have to go through the mass of people again to leave.

 

As he opened the door, he noticed a group of people outside, so he hid behind the door to access the situation.

 

“Who are you?!” HoWon heard the guy with a blond guy slung around his neck yell at a very menacing looking blond guy.

 

“I’m here for my friend,” demanded the built man, aiming his gun at his opponent.

 

The cornered fellow laughed like a maniac.

 

“You want him?”

 

YongGook didn’t like the smirk on the creeper’s face.

 

“You can have him.”

 

Everything happened within seconds.

 

The man threw DaeHyun at YongGook, who charged forward to catch DaeHyun.

 

YongGook didn’t notice the gun the man took out.

 

BANG.

 

DaeHyun’s eyes shot open with a scream as the bullet went right into his left shoulder.

 

YongGook froze in his position with his arms out.

 

He caught DaeHyun passively, still processing the event that just happen, unable to believe it to be true.

 

The younger boy was writhing in pain, even crying in his arms, clutching his shoulder, the blood soaking his shirt already.

 

“ZELO, NOW!”

 

BANG!

 

The man fell to death with a single shot through his heart.

 

“G, LET’S GO!” screamed HimChan from the car, pulling up right in front of the alley.

 

“!” YongGook cursed, powerless to change what had already happened. He picked DaeHyun up and ran into the car.

 

After they were all gone, HoWon came out of hiding and checked on the man left in the alley. Once he confirmed he was dead, he called the police, but left the scene before the cops came.

 

He wasn’t too interested in being questioned.

 

~

 

“Ugh…”

 

“You’re awake? Go get dressed, you have school.”

 

EunWoo held her head in pain. Once her sleepiness wore off, her mind wandered to the events last night.

 

“Umeoni! Where’s DaeHyun-sshi?!”

 

“Who? If you’re talking about the handsome boy that took you home, he left after dropping you off. Didn’t you date him before?” her mother responded.

 

“That’s not DaeHyun-sshi, that’s Key! Argh, never mind,” EunWoo huffed in frustration at how clueless her mother was about her life. She quickly freshened up before bolting to school.

 

EunWoo panted heavily as she searched everywhere for DaeHyun. It wasn’t just her imagination. It couldn’t have been. Everything was too real. She had to make sure he was okay.

 

When she found the group of blond boys in their usual spot, she darted forward without thinking about anything other than whether DaeHyun was okay or not. Before she could ask them, her eyes caught sight of the masked boy. Her body moved without her permission. EunWoo grabbed his collar and pulled it so hard that a few buttons popped off. DaeHyun’s eyes widened but didn’t move for awhile, not quite sure if the crazy girl did in fact just strip him.

 

Nothing.

 

There was no bandage, no wound. Nothing.

 

“Yah, Stalker Girl, have you lost your mind?!” YoungJae finally yelled, pushing EunWoo away. At YoungJae’s outburst, DaeHyun finally realized that his top half was getting drafty, so he finally pulled his shirt back up and covered himself.

 

“B-But…last night…” EunWoo tried to reason, going from concerned to perplexed in a second. She wasn’t given a chance to say anything else as JunHong and JongUp shoved her away.

 

“That was a close call,” sighed HimChan.

 

~

 

Back at their headquarters, a puff of smoke filled the air as YongGook stared up at the sky. He was lying down, watching the clouds move by slowly and taking another drag of his cigarette.

 

He didn’t get a chance to finish the stick as it got snatched from him.

 

“You told me you quit,” JiEun sighed, putting out the cigarette and throwing it in the trash. She took a seat next to him, looking down at him sadly. “You promised you would come talk to me when you’re troubled…”

 

YongGook didn’t say anything, turning his head away from her.

 

“YongGook…what happened last night…wasn’t your fault.”

 

Silence.

 

 

 

“I shouldn’t have let her convince me to take the mission. I promised to protect them.”

 

JiEun entangled her fingers into YongGook’s as a wordless sign of her support, knowing he needed a presence, at the moment, and not more words.

 

~

 

“MiHyun?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Are you okay? You don’t look too good…maybe you should go to the health center…”

 

“N-No, it’s okay, MinYoung-sshi…let’s just…finish the project,” MiHyun smiled weakly.

 

“…you look like you’re about to collapse any second now, do you have a fever?” MinYoung asked kindly. MiHyun shook her head.

 

“I’m fine, really…I’m gonna go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back, okay?”

 

MinYoung nodded in agreement, allowing MiHyun to leave for a moment.

 

When she got outside, MiMi held her head in pain as she stumbled down the hall. Her vision was getting blurry so she accidentally ran straight into a strong build.

 

“Sorry…” she muttered softly, trying to pick herself back up. The man she ran into tried to help her up, but ended up causing her to wince in pain.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

MiMi’s eyes widened at the voice. Out of all the people to run into, why did it have to be him? To find out if her suspicions were true, she looked up slowly. Yup, it had to be Lee HoWon.

 

“I’m fine,” MiHyun insisted stubbornly, struggling weakly to get out of his grasp. However, he just had to hold her tighter, which made it even harder to hold in her pain. There was no hiding it that time, so obviously HoWon would get worried.

 

“Is it your left sh-”

 

HoWon stopped when he recognized something frighteningly similar. Left shoulder. The blond male from last night got shot in the left shoulder.

 

Left shoulder.

 

He stared down at the half conscious girl in his arms. Without her permission, he yanked her shirt off to the side. Both HoWon and MiMi’s eyes widened incredulously at what he just did.

 

Her left shoulder…

 

…was completely bandaged; yet there was still blood soaking up the top layer.

 

She couldn’t look at him.

 

She didn’t know what he knew, but it was obvious he knew something.

 

He could only stare at her left shoulder.

 

He didn’t quite know what that meant.

 

However, he did know one thing, which made him chuckle.

 

Chuckle at the irony of the situation.

 

“How…how are you so similar to my first love?

 

Beautiful…

 

Innocent face…

 

Cute personality…

 

 

 

…with the heart of a traitor.”

 

MiMi couldn’t say a thing.

 

Her mission was ruined. It had to be ruined. There was no way Lee HoWon was going to help with keeping her secret.

 

And that’s when he asked one of the most difficult questions for MiMi to answer.

 

“Who are you?”

 

=====================================================================

 

OH MY HOGOD. JUST HIT THE FAN.

 

Okay, so…I know…this is probably…the most confusing chapter you have EVER read. But it’s the 13th chapter and it’s D-Day, so I had to crank something out that was as EXPLOSIVE as “POWER.” If you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out.

 

The next chapter is going to explain what happened in this chapter, BUT, if you want me to explain what the is going on, you can leave me a PM and I’ll send you a background of what the just happened in this last chapter.

 

Or if you’re a ing genius, you can figure it out for yourself before the next chapter is revealed. :3

 

I have nothing left to say.

 

B.A.P took my words.

 

DaeJae….

 

Meh…

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. YOU GOT THE POWER.