It Didn't Work Out

It Didn't Work Out

     Mir dropped his books on the floor, tears straining to be let free. He clamped his eyes shut, he let out a shaky breath. He his heels, ready to run off. He made a mistake, and turned his head back. Tears spilled from his eyes as he saw Seungho remove Cheondung's shirt. It happened before, but Mir ignored it. This time, he knew he had to stop them. He had to stop this relationship.

   His mind was battling, one side wanted to run away and cry, the other wanted to go in and confront Seungho. The moans coming out from the room wasn't helping any. His softer side won. He turned away from the door, running as fast as he could down the school's hallway.

  Once Mir existed the building where his soon to be ex-lover was, it was already mid-afternoon. The sky glowed a orange-pink colour, forming a red line at the horizon in the distance. Mir would usually stop and walk slowly to enjoy the view of the sun setting, but today was a different case. He did not want to meet anybody he knew. Especially Seungho and Cheondung.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

   He hurried his apartment once he reached it, falling down onto the couch. He began to bawl his eyes out. This is what he did last time, and the time before that. He needed to stop. He knew Seungho would be home any minute now, so he stipped himself and went inside the bathroom.

   He the knob, cold water sprew from the shower head, calming Mir's sore muscles. The ache in his legs made it difficult for him to stand. Before he witnessed his boyfriend cheat on him, he had been at soccer practice. He had already taken a shower at the boy's locker room, but the running made him sweat again.

   Mir heard the door jingle open, Seungho shouted a quick, "I'm home," before heading off to do who-knows what. Mir didn't care. He had been in there for about thirty minutes before Seungho had arrived. They sure take their time, Mir bitterly thought.

   It wasn't the first time, and it surely wouldn't be the last. Seungho was clueless on the fact that Mir knew. And it'll probably stay like that until Mir leaves him. Sighing, Mir sat down at the bottom of the tub. Ice cold water sprinkled down on him, getting in his eyes, further dampening his hair. It's time.

 

    Seungho was absolutely clueless on what Mir was planning to do. All he knew was that Mir was mad at him about something...He couldn't, could he? My little country bumpkin couldn't have found out... Seungho reassured himself. He sighed and opened the door to their apartment. Mir hadn't been waiting like him, like the boy promised. Seungho pushed the suspicion aside and made an excuse, He was probably just tired.

   "I'm home!" He shouted. He heard the water in the bathroom running, he assumed Mir was taking a shower. He'd have to wait long, because Mir took forever in the shower.

   He shuffled towards the kitchen, fixing himself a sandwhich and a beer before plopping himself down on the couch. He turned the T.V on and waited for his little Mir to come out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
  

   Seungho had gotten bored of waiting for Mir to come out, and was tired of sitting up, watching T.V. He decided to go in their shared bedroom and sleep for a while. At least until Mir came out. He had been waiting for at least an hour now, and Mir was still no where in sight. How long does it take for him to wash his hair?

  

     Mir came out of the shower, reluctantly. He didn't want to face Seungho yet, but his fingeres had turned pruney and his body was shivering from the cold water. He decided to turn on the warm water, but didn't like the feel of it on his sticky skin.

   He climbed out of the tub, wrapping the towel around his waist. He took another one and dried his hair with it. Once it was semi-dried, he threw the tower into the hamper and unlocked the door. He walked to his room, finding a sleeping Seungho on the bed.

   A small, sad smile placed itself on his lips. Mir's eyes were clouded with weariness and sorrow. He threw his towel off, and changed into wearable clothes. Mir went back over to Seungho's side, squatting down on the floor. He wiped away Seungho's bangs that fell into his eyes.

   Love, Mir bitterly thought to himself. I don't think I'll ever find it again. He sighed, standing up. He went out into the kitchen, he glanced at the clock. 7:48 P.M. I took a really long shower, he noted.

   He took a bright yello sticky note. Smiling sadly to himself, he began to write. Write out his feelings.

   Once he was done, he glanced at the clock. 8:22, it read. He spent nearly thirty minutes writing his feelings out. All he needed to do now was move. He went back into the room, grabbing a suitcase he prepared ahead of time. We all knew this was coming. Bye babe. He smiled to himself, glancing over at the sleeping panda he once called his lover.

   And just like that, he was gone.

 

     Seungho woke up around nine o'clock. He called out to Mir, but no-one answered back. He got up, rubbing his eyes sleepily. He went into the bathroom, it was empty.

   He checked the kitchen, living room, and guest room. Each was empty. He went back to his room. He opened the closet to get a change of clothes. All of Mir's clothing was gone. At first, Seungho had just thought that Mir had done some laundry. It wasn't until he found the note that he realized Mir was gone forever.

     To: PandaHo

I know. I know all about what you've done. All I can say is, it didn't work out. We clearly had different opinions on what is right and what's wrong. All I can say now, is that it's over. Maybe it was one-sided from the beginning, but it didn't matter. I loved you. With all my heart. I didn't have any one else I'd give myself to. But I guess it's different for you. We just didn't click in the end. Maybe we can be friends. I'll need time to find myself again. I'm moving out of the country. I hope this doesn't pain you as much as it pains me. We're over. Things didn't work out and it won't. I knew from the beginning, that you were cheating. I couldn't bring myself to tell you though. Guess it's time. I still love you, but I know you don't feel the same.

Sincerely- Mir

     Seungho bitterly laughed. So you did know... he laughed at himself. He mocked himself. I could've ended my relationships with Dongie and saved this one.

   It's too late now. Too late. I love you. A silent tear dripped down Seungho's cheek, another followed.

 

     Mir was sitting on an airplane, staring off into the sky. The clouds were floating beneath him, as he thought of all his good memories with Seungho.

   Too bad, it didn't work out.


A/N

It's really late and I can't proof read it, so I'll do it tomorrow! Good night everyone, and I hope this was a good read. I'm tired and I don't know what I'm doing. On the other hand, I didn't make anyone swear! Yay! Now I have to go change the foreword. Bleh. Bye guys, I hope this wasn't disappointing.

-MirLover21 says peace out.