...Awkward

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

68 ...Awkward

"M-Mihye?" Kevin called hesitantly.

Mihye was in his house, getting her change of clothes and having a bath before returning to the hospital for L.Joe again. She turned around and looked at him with raised brows. "Yes?"

Kevin wringed his hands behind his back and stepped into her room, biting his lips. He seemed to have something to say but he didn't have any idea how to get it across to her.

"Do you have something to tell me, Kevin oppa?" Mihye cocked her head to the side curiously.

Kevin stared at the floor like there was something very interesting on the wooden flooring that caught his entire interest and attention. He facepalmed himself inwardly, wondering why it was so hard to get the speech out when he already rehearsed numerous times before.

"M-Mihye..I.." Kevin stuttered. "I..."

"Aish Kevin oppa just say it!" Seungji appeared out of nowhere and popped her head through the door. She frowned at her brother disapprovingly and turned to smile at Mihye. "Unnie, he just wants to say he's sorry and he-"

"Aish shut up." Kevin covered Seungji's mouth and pushed her out of the room, closing the door behind him. He turned to face Mihye again with new blushing cheeks as Mihye raised her brows at him in amusement. "Yes Kevin oppa?"

Kevin bit his lip. "Yeah you heard what Seungji said." he sighed, massaging his temples. "I'm sorry Mihye, for everything."

"Oppa?" Mihye looked surprised.

"I...I lied to you." Kevin murmured. "I found out that Byunghun loved you before you knew. I realized that he rejected the Queen you because he fell for the Mihye you, and yet I didn't want you to know because I was afraid that you would leave for him and I wouldn't stand a chance at all."

"Oppa..." Mihye softened.

"Wait let me finish." Kevin interrupted. "And when you finally found out that Byunghun loves you too, I was so scared. I really didn't want you to go to him. Now that I think of it, I was really crazy to have tried to lock you in here, Mihye. I was so naive to think that if I did that, maybe you'll just become mine."

Kevin sighed and shook his head. "I was so foolish, Mihye. So dreadfully foolish." he chided himself. "Now I know you two were meant to be. Whatever I do, it'll never make any difference."

"Kevin oppa.." Mihye whispered, touching his arm gently. "I'm really sorry I hurt you. I didn't know you feel that way about me."

Kevin forced a smile. "That's not your fault, Mihye. It's because I didn't say." he sighed. "Can you forgive me for being so foolish, Mihye ah?"

Mihye smiled and threw her arms round Kevin for a hug. "Of course, Kevin oppa. You'll forever be my best oppa in the world!" she grinned. Kevin chuckled and ruffled her hair, glad. Perhaps he wasn't able to get her in the end. But hey, at least he still got to be a part of her life.

And maybe someday he would get a chance to meet someone that's like Mihye to L.Joe. Someone that would belong to him and only him.

"Go on, your Byunghun oppa must be waiting." Kevin teased and pushed her out of the door. Mihye blushed pink. "I'm kinda nervous meeting him again." she confessed. "Now that I know how we feel about each other, it's so difficult even looking at him in the eye. Just now when I woke up in his bed, I was so relieved to find that he was still sleeping so I didn't need to interact with him..."

Kevin knocked her head. "Babo. Everything will be fine. You two are meant for each other."

Mihye smiled. *I like the sound of that.*

 

 

"H-Hey." Both L.Joe and Mihye blushed pink when they saw each other. Mihye shuffled around uncomfortably, not daring to look at him while curling a lock of her hair behind her ear. She caught sight of his bed and blushed even redder. Had they just shared that bed hours ago? How had she been able to sleep with him holding her like that?

The door opened and the flower sisters came into the room. "Hey Byunghun. Hey Teen Top." Hyomin smiled and set down a basket of fruits. Qri frowned at everything in the hospital ward and put a handkerchief on the chair before sitting down. "Eww germ infested place." she muttered.

Jiyeon slowly looked up and saw Chunji staring at her. She gulped and lowered her gaze again, her heart pounding.

She had always fantasized meeting her Power Voice oppa, and she imagined him to be handsome and charming. Chunji was everything she imagined, and perhaps even more. But this wasn't the meeting she expected them to have, especially when they actually knew each other from the beginning but didn't know they were just the person from MO and WO.

Chunji let his gaze linger on her longer than necessary. *I didn't expect Miss Dinosaur to be Jiyeon. But she's even better than I thought. Eotteohke Lee Chanhee? This is so awkward...*

The Teen Top members looked at the two couples with frowns on their faces. What the hell? Chunji and Jiyeon were practically flirting with each other everytime the MO and WO had a meeting and they saw for themselves how Chunji was obsessed with his Miss Dinosaur.

Hell, he even set his iPhone password as "DINOSAUR" after he met her.

And now they were awkward, really.

The other pair was even worse. They were married, they were scandalous, they were best friends. They braved all dangers together, they were the "it" couple of all South Korea and they were even willing to sacrifice themselves for the other.

And they were awkward too. Seriously...

"AISH I CAN'T.." CAP took a deep breath. "What the hell is wrong with you four? What's there to be awkward about?" he snapped. "You like her, she likes you. Okay, so now go have a date or something!" he pushed Chunji and Jiyeon out of the door.

"And you two!" CAP snarled at Mihye and L.Joe. "The whole of South Korea love each other and now you're being awkward?" he choked. "Oh my god I want to laugh but I can't because this concerns the reputation of human kind when your stupidity is clearing tarnishing our name."

Hyomin gaped at CAP. "Wow."

"Thank you." CAP nodded. "Now we will go outside and you two will do something about this.. this awkward atmostphere okay?" He ushered everybody out and rubbed his temples. "Aish this kids." he muttered.

The door closed and L.Joe and Mihye were left in the ward by themselves. Despite what CAP said, it wasn't that easy. How was it that they were able to talk and laugh in the past? Now they were highly conscious of the other and even just moving by a millimetre they were able to sense it. They were hardly able to breathe with their hearts pounding like this.

"Erm..." L.Joe cleared his throat. "You..you're going to move out of Kevin hyung's house right?" *Say yes say yes* he chanted. *Say you'll come back to our house!*

Mihye nodded. "Yeah I guess I'm moving out."

*YESSS!!!* L.Joe bit back a grin. Mihye looked at him. *Aren't you going to ask me to go back?*

The both of them looked at each other for a few moments, waiting for the other person to say something.

Finally, L.Joe broke it. "So...where are you going to stay now?" he asked stupidly.

Mihye facepalmed herself. *Why are you asking me this? You're supposed to ask me to go back!*

"Erm..." she bit her lip. "I guess...maybe my parent's house?"

L.Joe's face fell. "Oh."

The two of them stared at each other. *WHAT THE HELL!!!* echoing in their minds for a million times. Mihye turned away, making a face. *LEE BYUNGHUN!!! When you try to get me back, I'm not going to make life easy for you!* she grumbled.