Because Women are humans too

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

66 Because Women are humans too


Rain snickered and sauntered in front of L.Joe. "So, what do you choose Byunghun sshi?" he smirked. "Stabbing yourself, or watching your wife get in front of you?"

"Give me the knife." L.Joe immediately responded.

Mihye's eyes widened and she snapped her head towards L.Joe. "Byunghun oppa!" she shrieked. "Don't do this, I beg you..."

Rain raised his brow, trying to read L.Joe. But the guy wasn't kidding. He looked at Rain and waited for him to hand him the knife. Rain tried to look for any source of joke or trickery but there were none. L.Joe was serious.

Rain turned to Lee Joon. "Give him the knife."

Lee Joon nodded and kicked a knife to L.Joe swiftly. L.Joe stopped it with his foot and picked it up.

He took it and gripped it with his hands tightly, raising the knife on top of his thigh and closing his eyes.

Rain bit his lip and waited anxiously. "Wait."

L.Joe turned to him. "I want to record this." Rain grinned. "It'll be an excellent souvenier after this." he snickered.

"YOU'RE SICK!" Mihye roared.

Rain pretended to tip his hat. "My pleasure." he snickered.

Thunder got his the cam recorder that he brought with him, and began filming. Rain nodded at L.Joe. "Go on. Do it." he probed.

L.Joe swallowed, gripping the  knife again. Mihye was crying loudly and screaming at him to stop but he just sent her a smile. His eyes were watery and full of longing and affection for her as he tried to convey to her that it was alright.

Rain frowned. What was that look on that man's face? Why did he look like that?

He had no idea what the hell L.Joe was feeling right then. Why was he willing to sacrifice this much for a someone, a girl much less?

"Wait." Rain found himself saying again as L.Joe lowered the knife on his leg. L.Joe snapped at him, irritated. "I'm serious about stabbing myself, if that's what you're asking. Will you just let me get on with it?"

Rain studied L.Joe for a moment. "Why?"

L.Joe rolled his eyes. "Speak in complete sentences you bastard. Why what?"

"Why...?" Rain frowned. "Why are you so willing to do all this for her?" he pointed at Mihye. "For a ...a woman?" he spoke as if even saying the word brought distaste into his mouth. "You're a capable man and you're letting yourself get ruined because of this freaking woman. Is it worth it?" he asked, curiosity filling his insides.

L.Joe laughed. "Why? Because I love her, isn't that part obvious enough?" he rolled his eyes. "And then why. Why do you women?"

Now it was Rain's turn to roll his eyes. "Do you have to ask?" he smirked. "They're women." he spat. "They're not worthy of respect, they are supposed not to have rights in the society. They're not meant to do things of importance because they themselves are simply not important themselves."

He turned to look at Mihye. "I hate women like her, women who think that they can actually make a difference." he snarled. "Capable women like her who try to overtake us men. We are supposed to be the top of the world, not them! I could actually get away with finding es to relieve my ual needs before, but you people with that organization of yours prevented me to do that. What else can I do but find substitutes in the most capable women in South Korea?" he laughed.

L.Joe spat. "You're sick."

Rain eyed L.Joe. "Not so much for the ual pleasure, but to prove to the women." he growled. "We are not meant to be trifled with. The men should always be respected and they should never dream of gaining more rights because they should always be our servants and slaves. This is how the world is meant to be."

"Fool." L.Joe muttered. "Do you really believe in what you say? From the beginning of mankind, it takes a man and a woman to continue the human race. We can't do without men, but we can't do without women either. Sure, men are physically stronger, but women are more sensitive to details that men overlook. Both es have their own advantages and no one is better than the other."

L.Joe looked at Mihye. "And when you find someone to love like I did," he whispered. "I guess even YOU will be willing to sacrifice for her. Because then, she'll be more important than everything you've known to treasure."

"You're just sprouting nonsense." Rain waved his hand dismissively.

L.Joe raised his brows. "I am?"

In a surprising move, L.Joe raised the knife and plunged it into his thigh. He jerked in pain and bit his lip till it bled, refusing to give Rain any satisfaction of hearing him scream in pain. Mihye's eyes widened. "NOOO!!!" she screamed.

L.Joe collapsed onto the floor as his right leg failed him. Rain gaped at L.Joe in shock, unable to believe that there really was such a fool who would do something like this for a filthy woman. "What are you..." Rain's eyes were wide.

Mihye crawled to L.Joe even though her feet were tied up and she wriggled over. "Oppa!" Mihye cried. L.Joe was losing vast amounts of blood in his right thigh and it looked as if he was in a whole lot of pain. L.Joe glared up at Rain. "Because as much as you want to deny, women are humans too. And they're worth sacrificing for."

Before Rain had a chance to respond, the door to the warehouse burst opened and in rushed twelve handsome looking men. "Teen Top." Seungho hissed in displeasure.

G.O. narrowed his eyes at the other seven men. "U-Kiss."

CAP snickered at Rain. "You're outnumbered, Rain. Just plead guilty of your charges and admit defeat." he demanded.

Rain looked at these men and crossed his arms. "I'll not admit defeat this easily, unfortunately." he clapped his hands and another group of highly skilled fighters emerged from nowhere. Now, the two groups of men were equally strengthed as they narrowed their eyes at each other.

In a flash, the two groups rushed to each other and the fight began. Changjo quickly released Mihye so that she could help L.Joe to a safer spot. She pulled L.joe with her and they crouched together in the corner, with Mihye trying to bandage L.joe's leg as much as she could.

The other boys on the other hand were engaged in a tough fight. AJ and Soohyun rained punches on Lee Joon while the flexible latter avoided their hits. Chunji tackled Mir and both of them fell to the ground, rolling about and trying to get the upper hand.

Rain found himself fighting against both CAP and Dongho, surprised to find that the two younger ones were just as powerful as he was. He managed to catch the maknae of U-Kiss and fling him towards a pile of boxes. He turned to the fight, only to frown at the scene.

Most of the MBLAQ members and the fighters he hired were already collapsed on the floor. Most of the Teen Top and U-Kiss members were on the other hand alright and were towering above his injured members. He sensed that this might very well be his downfall and he did the last thing he could.

He reached for the knife on the floor that was still covered in L.joe's blood and grabbed Mihye, yanking her to him and putting the knife at her neck. "Let her go." Kevin demanded, his face pale with shock.

Rain smirked. "So I'm still the one with the final laugh aren't I?" he snickered.

Mihye gulped as the cold surface of the metal knife glazed her skin. "I mean it, let her go." Kevin bargained. "You're already defeated here, Rain. Nothing you do now will matter."

"I may be defeated, but I'm not going to die myself." Rain snarled. "If I'm going down, I'll bring the cause of the trouble with me." he smirked and pressed the knife lightly on Mihye's neck.

It cut her skin and drew blood, hers mixing with L.Joe's.

Seeing this, L.Joe felt blood rush to his head as anger boiled. "Let her go you ing bastard!" L.Joe rolled over since his leg was injured, and knocked into Rain's legs, causing the latter to fall.

The other members took the chance to rescue Mihye and trapped Rain together. L.Joe laid at the side, exhausted and completely drained. His sight blurred and spots of black began appearing in his sight.

"Byunghun oppa!" Mihye scrambled to his side as he started losing his consciousness. "Byunghun oppa can you heeaarrr....." and he passed out.