Kevin's efforts

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

Kevin frowned at his phone. "Not eating lunch AND dinner? Aish...again?" he grumbled.

He put his phone away, staring glumly at his architechture notes that he had taken out to study. Even though the day was still young, he had already finished all his chores for the day when Mihye wasn't around. He just did everything doubly fast because he wanted to fill the emptiness without her.

He had been looking forward to her return. He thought the meeting would last a few hours and she would return by lunch. He already prepared the recipes and menu for the day. He knew she would be tired and drained for those intense meetings with the Men's Organization, that's why he wanted for her to nourish herself before going to the next battle again.

"But now she isn't coming back again." Kevin grumbled, disappointed. He didn't really get to spend time with Mihye these days. If she wasn't at the Women's Organization, L.Joe would take her out. He realized the husband and wife were spending more time together nowadays, but he assumed it was just for appearances sake. After all, Mrs Lee was one woman they couldn't afford to anger.

He chucked his notes away when he realized he couldn't read a single thing, pinning for her, and he got up to watch the tv. The screen brightened and revealed a typical korean drama.

There were two guys, apparently good pals, talking. "Eotteohke? I really like her, but she doesn't know how I feel at all!" one of them confessed. "I  can't be with her right now because she's married, but I know she doesn't love her husband. But I don't know if she likes me as well."

Kevin blinked. *Hey. That sounds familiar.*

"Well buddy, you can't complain about these things when you haven't really put in effort to pursue her." his friend told him. "You don't like it when she spends time with her husband, but so what? He is her husband, he has the right. You, m friend, if you want to capture her heart, you've got to go the extra mile since you're already lagging behind from the start."

"Go the extra mile?" Both the actor and Kevin echoed in unison.

"Yes." the friend nodded. "Sometimes, you can't afford to be shy. You can't afford to be afraid to reveal your feelings and intentions. Because sometimes, that's what makes a man attractive, when the woman can feel your love for her instead of trying to guess."

"But what if she doesn't believe my feelings, or she's in denial?" the actor sulked.

The friend rolled his eyes. "Then try again, and try harder. Only after you tried and she rejects you face to face, does that mean you've lost all hope."

Kevin stared at the screen for a long time as he digested what he just learnt from the drama. "Try again, and try harder." he whispered. A smile crept on his face. "I know what to do now."

 

 

"I can't believe they'd even attack a girl that's barely legal!" Mihye threw her hands up in the air as she shut the door of the meeting room so that the other members of the organization couldn't hear what she was discussing about with the flower sisters.

Hyomin nodded dejectedly. "They're getting more and more notorious." she growled. "Hwayoung's only 18 this year. She's a beautiful model and only just started her career. And they just violated her like that. What is she going to do now?" she asked desperately.

Mihye sighed and massaged her temples as the stress built up. "And I don't think we're getting any information from Hwayoung either." she muttered. "She's too young to face this sort of ordeal, she's even more emotional than how Eunjung and Boram unnie were. We have to let her calm down for a while before even asking her about it. What I'm afraid is that she'll choose to avoid the topic forever."

"You can't blame her." Qri shrugged sadly. "It's a terrifying memory." she commented. She shuddered thinking about it. "Just thinking about how she was in the model agency dressing room makes me shudder in fright. It's so inhumane. And she's still so young."

Mihye nodded, sinking into the chair. She got out the documents that she had read over and over again for at least a hundred times each, almost committing them to memory. "But I can't figure a single thing out!" she exclaimed exasperatedly. "We don't have enough clues. We have no idea who the CEO and board of directors of J.Tunes are. It's insane!"

At this moment, there came a knock on the door of the meeting room. Jiyeon brightened and rose from her chair, opening the door. Mihye's eyes widened in surprise when she saw who it was that came into the room. "Kevin oppa?" she gasped.

She could hear the whispers and chatters from outside the meeting room as well, as the other members of the organization were curious as to why Jiyeon had ordered for a man to be permitted into the strictly female premises. Well actually, she was rather curious herself.

"Why are you here, Kevin oppa?" she blurted. "How did you know this place? How did you get in? Don't you know that only females are allowed here?"

Kevin reddened. "Uhm.. hi Mihye?" he responded unsurely.

Jiyeon spoke up for him. "He called me just now, Mihye. He's my primary school classmate actually. He asked for the location of our headquarters because he wanted to deliver lunch for us. For you." she explained.

"Lunch?" Mihye blinked.

Kevin nodded and held out a large bag. "I already distributed the rest of the bentos to the women out there. These are for you." he set the bentos on the table. Mihye still gaped at him, rather surprised. "But.. ah..."

"Just relax for a bit, Mihye." Jiyeon told her. "You're getting too stressed up by this. You need to relax sometimes to think better. I thought Kevin was your good friend and thought it was better for you to talk to someone that wasn't involved in this woman mess."

Mihye bit her lip. Qri nodded and pushed Mihye back to sit on the chair again. "Jiyeon's right, Mihye. Relax." she told her. "And eat. I don't think you even ate breakfast when you rushed here in the morning."

Kevin smiled at Mihye and opened the bento on the top, the one that had a special flower on it. It was different from the others, obviously, and was meant only for her. Mihye's eyes widened at the bento. "Kevin oppa, you outdid yourself again!" she gasped in surprise.

Bento.jpg

Kevin smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. "It's nothing."

The three flower sisters looked at each other and giggled inwardly, quietly tip toeing out of the room. Mihye immediately dug into her meal and chewed furiously, only realizing how hungry she was and thoroughly regretting skipping breakfast that morning.

"Good?" Kevin asked with a smile as he sat opposite of her to look at her eat.

"Awesome." Mihye grinned. "I don't admit defeat easily Kevin oppa, but I can safely say that your cooking skills surpass mine by a whole lot."

Kevin laughed and pinched her cheek. "If it's that good, I can cook for you everyday. I'll bring you bento boxes when you're here." he offered.

Mihye looked at him, surprised. "Here?" she shook her head. "It's okay Kevin oppa. I don't want to trouble you. You've got to carry these all the way from the mansion to here. It's too much a fuss. I can just buy some takeaway, no worries."

"But it isn't the same." Kevin muttered. He chuckled softly when he saw a few rice beads at the side of her lips and he reached forward to brush them off with his thumb. His skin came into contact with her lips and he gulped, his heart beating erratically.

Mihye beamed at him. "Gomawo Oppa."

Kevin nodded, not trusting himself to speak at that point. He watched her for a bit more until she finished the entire bento in record breaking time. "Waah. That was satisfying." Mihye closed the lid, patting her now-round tummy with a grin.

Kevin chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Seeing you like this, I've decided to bring bento boxes for you whether you want me to or not."

"But Kevin oppa-" Mihye protested.

"Just take it as an excuse to see you alright?" Kevin murmured. "You've never at home nowadays, I miss you too."

Mihye blinked a few times, surprised by his confession. She rose from her seat and gave him a hug. "I miss you too, Kevin oppa. You're such a great friend." she beamed.

 

 

"Definitely friendzoned." Hyomin tutted her lips.

"Mihye's mad." Qri murmured as she gobbled the bento Kevin prepared. "Have you tasted his cooking? How can anyone say no to such a cute guy who can cook as well as this?"

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. "Unnie!"

"But he likes her doesn't he?" Qri narrowed her eyes and looked into the meeting room, through the gaps of the curtain. "It's pretty obvious how he came all the way here and how her bento is different from ours. Hmm I really wonder how hers taste like." she tapped her chin.

Hyomin made a face. "Kevin's cute alright. He's a pretty good catch, but I still prefer the Mihye-Byunghun pairing." she grinned.

Qri rolled her eyes. "No! Definitely Mihye-Kevin." she retorted.

Jiyeon clapped the lip of her bento on with a loud "clang!" and effectively gained her unnies' attention. "Nope! Queen-Knight couple is definitely the best!" she grinned.

Hyomin and Qri looked at each other and began tickling their youngest sister. "Aish it's because you want to see that Power voice, don't you!" Hyomin laughed.