Another Victim

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

The Family Vacation ended too fast for L.Joe's liking. He rather liked the attention that was put on his dear wife, and he liked to see how she blushed pink when people complimented her.

What they said about her was completely true, of course. L.Joe thought he would never find a girl that would be such a perfect wife as such. To be able to cook and clean without complaints, to care for children like it was her nature, to provide the support at home that he needed.

L.Joe suddenly blinked. "." he cursed. He almost forgot this marriage was a fake.

He paced around his office, his face pale, rather startled by his own actions. He realized with a shock that he hadn't even thought of his Queen when they were away at the family vacation.

L.Joe shook his head and drank a sip of his latte. "Don't be stupid, Lee Byunghun. You're just confused because you haven't got a chance to meet your dancing girl for a long time, that's all." he told himself. "You still like her, not Mihye."

He sighed and looked at his calendar. There were no further dates for the meetings between the Men and Women's organizations. The next one would be tentative, and only confirmed when the Women's organization confirmed a date with them.

He pouted lightly and sat down on his CEO chair, spinning it around to face the view of the city. *I wish the next meeting would come soon.*

 

 

Mihye ran as fast as she could towards the head quarters, her heart pounding fast. This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all.

She pushed past the doors when she made sure no one was around, and burst into the meeting room. Jiyeon perked up at her entrance and Mihye noted that the atmosphere in the room was horrifyingly similar to the previous time something horrible happened.

She hoped with all her might what she thought happened wasn't true.

Her eyes focused on a sole crying figure in the middle of the room where Eunjung was patting the girl's shoulder and offering kind words and tissues. Mihye gulped and gestured for the flower sisters to come closer. Hyomin darted over, sniffling.

"It happened again." Qri whispered, her eyes peeking over at the stranger girl who was still crying her heart out.

Mihye's heart sank. *It happened again? This isn't good. This is horrible! I thought the  men would start taking us women seriously but apparently not. Why did this happen again? Don't they know what harm they can bring to us when they do things like that?*

"How?" Mihye managed to croak.

Jiyeon sighed and plopped herself on a chair listlessly. "Her name is Jeon Boram." she whispered. "She's 26 this year. She only just won the national cooking competition yesterday and something like that happened to her." she sighed.

"The national cooking competition?" Mihye inquired.

"Yeah." Hyomin nodded. "It's held once a year and only men were allowed to take part. It's a known fact that women are cooking at home, but at restaurants, the head chefs are always men. But because of our organization's pressure on the men society, the competition actually expanded to include female participants this year. And Boram actually won this year's competition, hands down." she smiled slightly, with pride.

Qri glanced back at Boram and pity flashed in her eyes. "She won yesterday and was still on today's morning's newspaper. She went to the cooking association to get her prize today, but when she was on her way home, someone covered with a towel that had been fused with some drug that made her unconscious. And when she woke up, it's the same thing. She was violated." her voice was grim.

Mihye frowned. "That's terribly similar to how Eunjung was attacked." she whispered in a soft voice.

Jiyeon nodded. "That's what we are afraid of." she gulped. "That this person who's attacking the girls is the same person. And he may continue to harm more and more girls."

*I can't let this happen.* Mihye thought desperately. She moved over to where the broken girl, Boram was sitting and gave Eunjung a comforting look, knowing how difficult it was for Eunjung to be there to comfort someone else, when it can refresh the memories of her own nightmare as well.

Eunjung smiled lightly and stood up, letting Mihye take over. Mihye glanced at Boram and passed another tissue, which Boram took and blew on it loudly. *She's so tiny.* Mihye thought. Even though Boram was 26, she was petite and looked like a child. For someone to attack such a child like and innocent girl was a complete devil.

"Jeon Boram sshi?" Mihye probed. "Can I call you Boram unnie?"

Boram just cried, but her eyes shifted to Mihye for a second. Mihye took that as a confirmation and continued. "Unnie, I know it's going to be hard to recall the events because they hurt so much, but we have reason to think that this person who violated you may be the same one who violated Eunjung. We have to nab him before he harms even more girls, don't you agree?" she asked in a gentle voice.

Boram bit her lip, nodded slightly.

Mihye smiled, pleased to get a response. "So can you tell me how he looked like? The attacker?"

A few seconds passed before Boram broke the silence. Her voice was coarse from the crying, but otherwise sweet. "He's buff. Large. Twice my size." Boram murmured. "He wore a mask. I couldn't see his face."

*Same description as Eunjung's attacker.* Mihye thought. "How did the mask look like?" she asked.

"Just plain black." Boram recalled. "Nothing special."

Mihye frowned. *This isn't good.* she shuffled closer, eager to get information. "How about any special clothes and traits? Things that weren't commonly found?"

Boram wrinkled her nose in thought and shook her head. Mihye's face fell as her hope vanished. She forced a smile and patted Boram's shoulder. "It's going to be okay, unnie. We'll definitely protect this secret, and we'll catch the person who caused you this pain."

She got up to go, wanting to dwell more on the recent happenings, when Boram suddenly called out to her. "Hey! Queen!" Mihye spun round.

"I remember..." Boram looked up into Mihye's eyes. "He was wearing a necklace. There were two alphabets on it and it's in gold. J.T."

Mihye softened and she smiled, this time a genuine one. "Thank you Boram Unnie. That was really useful."

 

 

"So it's really the same person." Mihye muttered.

She was the last one left in the headquarters and it was already late at night. She hasn't even eaten dinner yet but she doesn't care. L.Joe texted her that he would be late from work so she didn't need to go home that early. Her talking buddy was too busy to reply her messages so she concluded that he was in a meeting or something, and there wasn't anyone to distract her from the matter at hand.

Mihye had gone to Eunjung, asking if she remembered her attacker wearing a similar necklace as the one Boram mentioned. What Boram had said suddenly made Eunjung remember the incident and more details.

Being the artist, Eunjung managed to draw an exact image of what the necklace looked like. J.T. Golden. And definitely not cheap.

But who would do that? And why?

"Maybe he only attacks famous and accomplished women." Mihye murmured in thought. "Eunjung is a renowned artist while Boram just won the cooking competition yesterday. They are the most successful women. Maybe he's jealous?"

She opened her Macbook and typed on it furiously. "But what doesn't J.T represent?" she thought curiously. "Japan Tobacco? Jersey Teleccom? Justin Timberlake?"

"Aish." she grumbled, burying her face in her hands. "This isn't going anywhere."