All Clear

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

 "Aish...Umma's too smart for her own good." L.Joe grumbled as he settled on the bed. He sighed at his originally very L.Joe-ish room that had been transformed into a complete couple bedroom in a matter of minutes after his mother found out.

She had made the maids change the bedsheets to a velvet red one, and made Mihye transfer all her clothes over to his wardrobe as well. She even made Kevin swear that he make sure they didn't separate rooms or sleep on separate beds and notify her everynight.

There was no way out except do as she said.

He grumbled as he crawled under the covers. The door opened and L.Joe stiffened. Mihye shuffled into his room...uh no their room, wearing her pink pyjamas. It wasn't anything revealing, but just a cute bunny long sleeved and pants pyjamas that made her look really cute.

She had taken off her contacts and was wearing her large goofy spectables that made her look nothing but adorable. L.Joe raised his brows, feeling a little heat rush to his cheeks. *That's cute.*

"Uh..." Mihye shuffled around uncomfortably. "So I'm sleeping there?" she pointed at the other side of the bed.

L.Joe nodded and shifted more to the left so that she had more space on the right. Mihye crawled onto the bed and settled beneath the covers as well, awkwardly glancing at L.Joe.

"Erm I like to read before I sleep, Byunghun oppa." she muttered. "You can sleep first if you like. I'll only need the bedside lamp."

L.Joe shook his head. "It's okay. I...I'll read too." he grabbed one of his books and flipped to a random page, pretending to read.

The awkward atmosphere between them was too thick to be ignored. For them to be sharing the same bed was not something you could be comfortable about easily.

L.Joe shifted in his place uncomfortably, adjusting the pillows behind his back. Mihye bit her lip, her face burning hot. She pretended to read her book, but in actual fact, she was highly conscious of L.Joe that was on her left. There seemed to be an imaginary line drawn between them that they couldn't even cross.

She groaned inwardly. *Eotteohke! This is so awkward!*

She bit her lip. "Uh..my pillow from the other room is more comfortable. I'll go get it here." she scrambled out of the room.

L.Joe immediately heaved a sigh of relief and fanned himself with the book when she left. "Aish why do I feel so awkward sharing a bed with her?" he muttered. "It's not like anything's going to happen! We're just sharing a bed!" he grumbled.

His eyes suddenly lit up. "Ah I know! I'll ask Miss Apple what to do!" he grinned and grabbed his phone.

 

 

To: Miss Apple

Hey Apple. I know it's late...but can you help me again? What do you do

if you're being awkward with a girl?

From: L.Joe

To: L.Joe

Well Mister L.Joe sshi, maybe you can try by telling some jokes? Humor

always works.

From: Miss Apple

 

Mihye returned to the room with her pillow again and settled in the space beside L.Joe. She smiled at him awkwardly and opened her book to read again.

L.Joe shifted in his place and peeked at her. She seemed absorbed in her book, but he knew better. Her fingers were awkwardly flexing while flipping the pages and she flipped even when her eyes were still on the previous page. She wasn't reading.

"Hey Mihye ah.. you know my friends Hoya and Dongwoo?" he started. "You saw them at our wedding didn't you?"

Mihye tapped her chin in thought. "Ah neh. I remember." she nodded.

"You know that time when a few of them went out, the two of them even tried Rappers got Married." L.Joe continued, remembering his joker friends. "They just suddenly ran away from the gang and went to ride a couple bike! Isn't that gay!"

"Really?" Mihye giggled. "That's so...sweet?" she grinned, not finding a suitable word but not wanting to use 'gay.'

L.Joe laughed. "Yeah! That's why we all call them the Yadong couple hahaha!!" he continued laughing, not noticing how Mihye suddenly stiffened. She closed her book abruptly and put it aside.

"I'm tired Byunghun oppa I'll go to sleep first." she murmured and laid down, turning away from him and inching away from him.

L.Joe stifled his laughter and frowned. Did he say something wrong?

His eyes widened. *TTT!!! L.Joe you're an idiot!* he mentally smacked himself. *Yadong is ! How can you forget! You just made everything worse!*

 

 

Mihye packed lunch and took the car to Lee Corps.

That was another of her missions as well. Mrs Lee had ordered for her to bring lunch to her husband especially when he had a meeting that day and would most probably have no time to eat.

When she pushed through the large glass doors, she couldn't help but feel impressed that this grand building all belonged to her husband. He was so capable.

She went to the top floor where L.Joe's office was and was met with the whole department. They looked surprised to see Mihye and they chattered amongst themselves as not knowing who this pretty girl was that came to their company.

"She's really pretty!" The male employees whispered amongst themselves.

"Do you think she's going to start working here?"

Mihye smiled at L.Joe's secretary. "Uh hi." Mihye said shyly. "Is your boss still in the meeting?"

The secretary eyed her up and down. "Yeah. What do you want?" shesnapped.

Mihye bit her lip. "Uh it's okay. I'll just wait for him then." sheshuffled awkwardly and stood by the door.

The girls sneered at this pretty yet innocent looking girl that didn't look like she had anything to do with their boss. They imagined the boss's wife to be decked in jewels and branded goods but Mihye was dressed too simple for that.

They immediately dismissed the idea and thought she was just a pretty commoner trying to gain their boss's attention.

Mihye just stood there without even being offered a place to sit or coffee to drink, carrying that lunchbox and waiting pathetically. The male workers wanted to approach her, but they were wary of this innocent looking that wanted to seduce their boss.

"If only Boss's wife could come." the girls whispered. "She'd chase this stupid that's faking innocence."

Just like that, Mihye waited for another three hours outside the meeting room. Finally at three in afternoon the door of the meeting room opened to reveal a tired L.Joe after an intense meeting and the rest of the board of directors.

L.Joe's eyes widened when he saw Mihye standing there. "Oh Mihye ah!" he gasped. "What are you doing standing out here?"

Mihye's eyes lit up when she saw L.Joe come out. "Byunghun oppa!" she smiled. She wanted to walk over to him but she had developed cramps after standing so long in the same position. She toppled over and held the wall for support.

L.Joe immediately rushed to her side and supported her arm, frowning. "How long have you been here? Why did you come?"

Mihye bit her lip. "I was here three hours ago to bring you lunch." she murmured timidly, passing him the lunchbox she made. L.Joe softened and took it from her, flicking her forehead lightly. "Babo. You could've left the lunch box with my secretary or requested for a place to sit." he chided softly.

He helped her into his office, glaring at his secretary along the way. "Next time my wife comes here, just let her into my office to sit and bring her tea if I'm in a meeting." he grounded.

The secretary turned pale and nodded, not in a single second even believing the very female lady boss of Lee Corps would actually wear just a plain tee and jeans.

L.Joe helped Mihye into his office and onto one of the chairs. She sighed in relief and massaged her feet. "Eat, oppa. You must be tired after the meeting." she smiled softly.

"Arraso." L.Joe chuckled, prying the box open. It was the most elaborate lunch box he had ever seen, the best ever. He salivated just seeing it and not to mention he was smelling and eating it.

"Wait!" Mihye took out her phone. She took a photo of L.Joe together with the lunchbox and smiled. "Done! Now I can send this to Omonim!" she grinned.

L.Joe raised a brow. "So Umma put you through this pain?" he frowned. *Aish umma!* He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him, putting his face beside hers.

He took her phone and took a picture of their selca, together with the lunchbox. "Say kimchi~" he sang and snapped the picture.

L.Joe stared at the photo, satisfied. "This is better." he grinned, pressing send. "All clear."

He had no doubt his mother would be more pleased with the second picture.

And not to mention himself too.