Falling for my friend…

Why can’t you love me?

 

Gayoon POV

So, this is what happened until now. It’s been three years since I broke up with the man I once thought was the one. It hurts, a lot… but he has moved on and the day I found out, Doojoon-oppa advised me to do the same. I’ve been trying seriously hard to do that, I mean, I have been going out with guys and all, but none of them seem to catch my full attention…

Doojoon-oppa has been my confident (besides Jiyoonie and the girls). He’s always encouraging me to keep on looking, but the thing is… I already gave up… I’m not made to be searching for guys, accepting every single “hey, let’s have some ice-cream” thing. I’m just done with it!

Now, exactly the day I gave up, Doojoon-oppa said “hey, let’s have some ice-cream” and I accepted it… -_- … I know, that’s how my resolution went off… but I thought, well, Doojoon-oppa is my friend, right? What could happen? Well, it happened that after that day, I haven’t spent one single day that I don’t think of him; his look, his hair, even his bad manners…*sigh* I think I’m falling for my friend… Gosh, why am I such a mess?

‘Hey! Are you there?’Doojoon-oppa’s voice brought me to reality.

‘Huh?’ I turned to look at him.

‘Where are you?’ he asked frowning.

‘Saturn, I think’ I moved my hand signaling somewhere far away.

‘Well, comeback to earth ‘cause I’m talking to you!’ he said raising his voice. I half smiled.

‘Yah! This guy, how can you talk to me like that?’ I faked angriness.

He scoffed almost amused. ‘You started it, you Alien girl going around in Saturn…’

‘YAH! Who are you calling Alien?!’ I shouted moving my head towards him.

‘Who else said she was in Saturn?’ he also said moving his face closer to mine… I felt his proximity dangerous, but I don’t know why, I refused to move away…

I knew that feeling… I recognized the butterflies in the stomach, the heart beat rising… I knew what was happening to me… but I wanted to deny it…

‘Doojoon-oppa is my friend! I cannot be falling for him… I can’t!’

End POV

 

Both young stared at each other challenging. He wasn’t going to move away and neither was she.

Doojoon swallowed with difficulty, her stare make him nervous, but he wasn’t giving up. He tried to act cool so he strong his look.

Gayoon on the other hand, was trying really hard in not to laugh, but at the end, she was quivering out loud. After a second, Doojoon joined her and both ended up on rolling on the floor out of laughter.

‘My abs are going to hurt tomorrow’ whined the boy.

‘Mine are hurting now!’ she complained hugging her abs.

He chuckled. ‘Lazy girl’

‘You’re lazier than me!’ she retorted immediately.

‘You’re-’

‘Yah, turtledoves! Could you keep it low? I’m trying to sing back there’ Jiyoon’s head appeared from one side of the door. Both startled and looked at her with eyes like plates.

Gayoon blushed, and opposite her usual self, she couldn’t manage to reply anything to that comment. ‘Yah! Who are you calling turtledoves?’ Doojoon was the one whom reacted first. He jumped from the floor in a bit. Jiyoon laughed at her own brilliant words and returned to her rehearsal studio.

‘Crazy girl…’ muttered Doojoon taking one last look at the door and then, he returned his eyes to Gayoon. She was still seated on the floor with the most awkward smile. ‘What’s up with you?’ he asked moving his hand.

She snapped out and glanced at him. ‘Nothing you derp’ the girl teased trying to avoid the question.

‘Yah! You’re more derp than me!’ the boy replied making his famous derp face. She laughed when she saw him.

‘That’s not what fans say’ she stuck out her tongue and ran out the room before he could even react.

‘YAH!’ He ran after the girl and both started playing again…

---

Days later

Backstage at Music Bank

‘So, Gayoon-ssi, out of all the idols, who would you like it to be your boyfriend?’ the man asked with a pen on his hand ready to write whatever name the idol girl say.

‘Why this question now…?’  thought the girl having problems to think of any other name that weren’t “Yoon Doojoon”

‘Who is on top of the list?’ she wanted to know.

‘Sorry, I cannot tell you that’ the man apologized.

‘Well, then screw it’  she thought before replying. ‘Yoon Doojoon, then’ her words came out emphatic.

‘Great, thank you’ the man said taking notes and went to ask the same thing to Hyuna and Jiyoon that were seated on the couch resting.

‘Well, Doojoon-oppa is the national boyfriend after all, so I guess lots of girls have voted for him. My vote is just one more to the vast list. No one will notice my name on it’  Gayoon thought almost smiling to herself. It wasn’t like anyone would take the time to pick up her name out of all the other idols, right?

---

Couple of days later

Beast’s dorm

Doojoon POV

‘What’s with you and Gayoonie lately?’ Junhyung-hyung voice came from behind me.

‘Huh? What do you mean?’ I turned to look at my friend that was standing at the kitchen entrance.

‘Do you like her?’ he asked with a mischievous smile on his face.

‘Hyung, what’s with the questions?’ I asked avoiding his question.

‘Answer’ he said calmly still with that annoying smile.

I was about to open my mouth when suddenly, I heard my phone ringing in the other room. I stood up immediately and went to pick up.

(A/N: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjwvWgsPs8)

‘Ne, yoboseyo?’

‘Dooyoon-ssi, this is the Weekly Idol program’ Hyundon-hyung said in the other side of the line. I smiled.

‘Oh, the most talked about, “Weekly Idol”’

‘Papapam papa papapam~ Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations latio lation~’ he started singing. I repressed a laugh. ‘Female idols have chosen you…the No 1 most wanted idol boyfriend’

I got surprised. ‘Wow, really? Thank you!’ I started giggling. ‘I’m flattered’

‘Wooooo~’ both MCs started making noises. I just smiled at this; they are always so random…

‘A lot of women want to meet you… Huhu~’ Donny-hyung said teasing.

‘Who are the women?’ I wanted to know.

‘From 4minute…’ Hyundon-hyung made a pause.

My heart started beating faster. ‘Who…?’ I asked eagerly.

‘…Heo Gayoon…’

‘WHAT?’  my eyes widened. I couldn’t believe my ears. ‘Ah~ Gayoonie’ I said in the most neutral voice I could let out.

‘…She likes you, Doojoon-sshi…’ finished Hyundon-hyung.

‘She said you’re the best guy’ said Donny-hyung. ‘She wants to date you’

I could hear my heart beating strong in my chest. ‘Why would that friend think like that?’

‘Ah, that’s just a joke. Heo Gayoon really likes you’ Donny-hyung said getting serious all of a sudden.

I took a second to reply, the information was still sinking in me. ‘Ah, really?’

‘Yeah’ both said.

‘Also, Yoon Doojoon please tell us once…’ started Hyundon-hyung but he stopped suddenly and coughed. ‘“The female idol I really want to date”?’ continued Donny-hyung.

‘Who I really want to date?’ I repeated the question in case I’ve heard wrong.

‘Yeah’ Donny-hyung replied.

‘What to do…?’  I tried to think of someone that wasn’t Gayoonie, but no one came to mi mind. ‘I guess I just be honest…’

‘It’s Gayoonie’ I said honestly.

‘Ah… is that so’

‘This… to be honest, it’s just… You may just be saying these words out of sincerity but… Are you telling the truth?’ Donny-hyung asked hesitantly.

‘Of course he is!’ interrupted Hyundon-hyung saving me for having to answer. I just laughed as normal as I could.

‘Last week, sorry for not picking up the phone, hyung’ I said to Donny-hyung trying desperately to change the topic.

‘We know you’re busy’ said Hyundon-hyung. I chuckled. ‘Answering our call during busy schedule, Yoon Doojoon, thank you very much’

‘Thank you very much’ I said.

‘And that was Beast Yoon Doojoon, FIGHTING!’ said Hyundon-hyung. ‘DAEBAK!’ added Donny-hyung. I smiled.

‘Weekly Idol FIGHTING!’ I said as cheerful as I could.

‘Thank you! Thank you very much!’ they said and the call ended.

I hanged up and stared at the phone for a minute. ‘Did she really says she likes me…? That she wanted to date me…?’

I climbed up to my bed and leaned on my back. The ceiling seemed like an interesting thing to look in that particular moment…

‘Who was it?’ Yoseob-hyung asked from below my bed.

‘Hyundon-hyung…’ I replied nonchalantly.

‘Oh…’ he seemed disappointed. ‘Have you told Gayoonie already?’

‘What’ I played dumb. Yoseobie was the only Beast member that knew my crush for Gayoon…

‘That you like her…’ he replied with the same disappointed tone.

‘No, I haven’t…’ I said coldly.

‘Pali…’ he simply said and went out the room. I sighed…

‘Well, I just confessed it in National television…’  I thought wondering what the media would say about it… After a second, I hit my forehead and sighed…‘Well done Doojoon, you just stoned yourself…’

End POV