Lost without You

Frog Prince

 

Taemin started slowing down as they neared the police with the red stick. “, ! What do I-“ Taemin suddenly notices that the police is a friend of his mother and a rookie.

Taemin breathes a sigh of relief and slowly stops in front the police. He comes over to the side of the car and taps on the glass window.

Taemin slowly rolls the window down and places a fake smile on his face. “Officer Tam! How happy to see you today.”

Officer Tam smiles back. “Taeminnie! I didn’t expect to see you here.”

Minho tries to look at the officer but Taemin keeps moving his head to block Minho’s face.

“What are you doing here anyway?” Taemin asks, trying to steer the conversation into something else.

The officer scoffs in annoyance. “My boss said I have to patrol this road because this person name Choi Minho went missing.” Taemin swallows nervously. “Apparently he’s really important or something so the parents are trying to get him back as soon as possible. So now I have to stop EVERY. SINGLE. CAR. That comes on this road.” The officer said exaggeratingly.

Taemin nods in understanding and doesn’t notice Minho move his head to look at the officer. The officer looks at Minho in surprise. “Who’s he?” He asks.

Taemin quickly turns his head to Minho. “This idiot…” Taemin thinks.

Minho smiles and nods politely to the officer. “Hello. My name is Minhyuk. I’m Taemin’s cousin.” Taemin had almost forgotten about that.

“Really?” The officer look surprised and stares at Taemin. “You never told me you-“

“Oh look at the time! I’m going to be late for the gas delivery. Gotta go now Officer Tam! Ciao~” Taemin steps on the gas pedal and the car whizzes past the confused officer.

Taemin continues driving silently and glances at Minho. “This should be okay… As long as no one else recognizes him it’s okay.” He thinks to himself positively.

 

 

Once they arrive at the Gok family’s house, Taemin gets out of the car and takes the gas tank from the back of the truck. He looks at, what seems to be, the location of the Gok family’s house. It was a very dark and damp looking forest. Taemin sees a small sign planted on the ground. He peers at it.

“Gok Family” It read, with an arrow pointing down into the forest. Taemin tries to swallow his fear but it just comes bubbling back up.

He jumps a little when he hears Minho’s voice behind him. “So is this the Gok Family’s house?” Minho asks as he looks at the forest.

Taemin clears his throat and nods. “Let’s go. We don’t want to be late.” Taemin gives the gas tank a pat and starts walking into the forest with Minho following close behind.

The leaves crunch beneath them as they continue walking. The air was getting damper and colder. Taemin shivers and curses himself for wearing so little.

Taemin continues walking and said to Minho “It should be here somewhere, don’t get lost okay?”

There was no answer.

Taemin turned around and saw that Minho wasn’t behind him anymore. “! Where is he?!” Taemin looks around frantically.

Suddenly the atmosphere felt darker and scarier. Taemin started walking faster and pretty soon he was running.

He stopped when he realized that he just got even more lost. He put his gas tank down to rest and looked around. He felt lost and scared.

Suddenly he heard a branch snap from close by. Taemin jumps and looks at the direction it came from.

The bush suddenly moved and that signaled Taemin to run for his life. He sprinted down the forest, his breath raspy and shallow. He felt like he was running forever. Suddenly his feet tripped over a root on the ground. Taemin face-planted the dirt and tried to get up, when he felt a throbbing pain in his ankle.

He whimpers in pain and notices a presence coming. He closes his eyes and prays desperately. “Please… Someone… Save me!” The presence was getting closer and closer.

MINHYUK!

Two warm hands touch Taemin’s shoulders.

“Taemin! Are you okay?” Minho asks with a worried expression.

Taemin slowly opens his eyes and look’s at Minho. He quickly wipes away his tears and tries getting up. He yelps in pain and sits back down. He touches his ankle as it throbs heavily.

“What’s wrong?” Minho asks in surprise.

“My ankle… I think I twisted it.” Taemin bites his lower lip in pain.

Minho pauses and looks at Taemin’s ankle. He turns his back to Taemin.

“Get on.” Minho said.

“Eh?” Taemin stares at Minho.

“Come on, I’ll carry you back.” Minho offers. Taemin shakes his head. “No I-“

“Or do you want to stay here by yourself while I go back to get help?” Minho looks back at Taemin and raises his eyebrow.

Taemin pauses but slowly props himself on Minho’s back. “Hold on.” Minho said and grips Taemin’s legs while slowly standing up.

Taemin was surprised by how tall Minho is and wraps his arms around Minho’s neck. Minho starts walking through the forest, concentrating on which way to go.

Taemin’s heart was beating rapidly. “Oh god I hope he doesn’t hear it.” Taemin prays silently.

He continues staring at Minho as they make their way in the forest. “For some reason… I feel so safe… Is it because he’s carrying me or…” Taemin shakes the thought away.

Idiot! Don’t think such vile things…” He warns himself.

He continues staring and feels it couldn’t hurt to rest his head on Minho’s back. He does just so and closes his eyes.

Minho glances back when he feels a pressure on his back and smiles when he realizes it’s just Taemin. “Don’t fall in love with my back.” He teases Taemin.

Taemin looks up in alert. “I-Idiot who would-“

He’s cut off my Minho’s laughing. “I was kidding. As long as you’re safe.”

Taemin feels himself getting hot at the comment. A question suddenly rises in his mind.

“Why are you doing this anyway? You could have left me back there.” Taemin asks curiously.

“Hmm…” Minho thinks as he continues walking. “I guess it’s because you’re really special to me… Whenever I open my eyes, I see you. You give me a feeling of comfort. And I think that… If you weren’t around… I probably wouldn’t be able to find my way.”

Taemin blushes at the comment. “Wow… That was so cheesy but I still feel so giddy.

“I think I see an exit!” Minho said enthusiastically and starts walking faster towards it, giving Taemin a shock and holding on tighter.

Soon enough, they were out of the forest and Taemin shields his eyes from the sunlight.

 

 

Once they arrived back home, Taemin’s mother was impatiently waiting for them.

“It’s about time-OMO WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TAEMIN?!” His mother exclaims in shock when he see’s Taemin on Minho’s back.

Minho slowly lets Taemin down. “Mom, its okay I just sprained it.” But his mother wouldn’t listen.

“You! What did you do to my Minnie?!” Taemin’s mom looked ready to choke Minho.

‘”UMMA!” Taemin yells, making his mom jumps and turn to him. “You explain yourself first! Why did you send Minhyuk and me into the forest?! We got lost!”

“I was trying to have you get rid of him!” Taemin’s mom confesses. Minho looks at her in shock.

“Didn’t you want to too?” Taemin’s mom asks, pointing to Taemin. Minho slowly turns to Taemin, his face looking lost and confused.

Taemin stutters and looks at Minho. He takes a slow breath in and looks back at his mom.

“No mom. I don’t want to get rid of him.”

His mother stared at him like he just lost it. “Eh?”

“I don’t want him gone. He’s our cousin. We need to stick together...” Taemin locks gazes with Minho.

Minho paused but a bright smile filled his face and Taemin felt his legs turn to jelly again.

Taemin’s mother puts her hand to her head to calm down. “Alright, alright fine! Don’t come crying to me when you regret your decision!” She stomps into the house.

Minho is the first to break the silence. “The truth is… I’m not really your cousin, right?”

Taemin blushes and looks down. Busted. “Yea… We just made that up.”

“But why did you defend me? You could have just left me to go on my own.” Minho tilts his head in confusion.

Taemin looks up at Minho with a confident face. “Didn’t you say you would be lost without me? I’m going to stick with you so you can always find your way. Don’t worry Minhyuk.” Taemin smiles proudly.

Minho feels his heart flutter at Taemin’s words. He smiles and nods.

 

 

Taemin’s uncle stares at the front page of the newspaper.

“ECHO CEO CHOI MINHO REPORTED TO HAVE FLOWN TO JAPAN FOR A PROJECT”

The headline of the news strikes him as a surprise.

“Choi Minho… Just what are you planning?”

 



 

BOOM! Finally got this Chapter down :) I hope you enjoyed it and sorry it’s so CHEESY!!!(You could make Mac and cheese with the cheesiness) Yay, Taemin wants Minho to stay <3 Watch their love blossom from now on LOL Anyway I hope you enjoyed and please be patient with me for Chapter 8! Okay love you guys~ PEACE!