New Beginnings

Frog Prince

 

Let’s go back a bit. To when the accident took place…

 

 

Taemin looks away from the road for a little while to put back his phone. Once he looks back up he see’s a man standing in the middle of the road.

Taemin screams as he steps down on the brakes a little too late.

 

 

Key wakes up screaming. His forehead covered with sweat.

His mother-in-law jumped in shock. “Key! My goodness are you alright?”

Key nods slowly, wiping the sweat with the back of his hand. He suddenly remembers. “Is Minho back yet?” He grips onto his mother-in-law’s arm, hoping.

Her expression saddens and she shakes her head. Key’s shoulders slump in disappointment.

“Your father-in-law is still trying to calm down the media. Don’t worry so much Key, I’m sure he’s fine…” The woman said comforting.

Key nods slowly but guilt still pangs his heart. “I knew I shouldn’t have let him leave. This is all my fault! I knew something bad was going to happen I just-“

Key was interrupted by a familiar voice.

“Key, calm down!” Jonghyun walks over to them and sits next to Key, putting his hand on Key’s shoulder.

Key relaxes slightly but his worry still didn’t disappear.

“Madam, could you please give us some time alone? There’s also some staff looking for you in the room down the hall.” Jonghyun explains to the mother-in-law calmly.

She nods in understanding and takes her leave.

Jonghyun rubs the back to Key’s back to comfort him; he could feel Key shaking beneath him.

Minho… This is going too far.” Jonghyun thinks bitterly.

 

 

 

AMNESIA?!

Taemin and his mother stare at Minho in utter shock. They never expected this outcome.

Minho looks at them blankly. He sighs and stands up, clearly getting impatient.

“I think I’ll just ask the police.” Minho said and makes his way to the phone.

“Wait! You’re our cousin!” Taemin’s mom suddenly blurts out. Taemin stares at her with a surprised look. Minho turns around with the same look. “I’m you’re what?”

“You’re our cousin! Yea that’s right.” Taemin’s mom said with fake confidence.

“… Alright then what’s my name?” Minho asks suspiciously. Taemin’s mom pauses to think.

“Your name is Minhyuk!” Taemin helps add to the lie.

Minholooks at the two of them doubtfully and sighs. “I think I should ask the police just in case-“

“YOU’RE A E!” Taemin’s mother suddenly yells. “You sell illegal things overseas so, uh, you can’t let the police see you or else you’ll get arrested.”

Taemin was impressed with how fast his mother could make everything up.

Minho opens his mouth to protest but get’s interrupted by Taemin’s mom shoving a pair of clothes at him.

“My goodness! Your clothes are so dirty. Go and change into these.” She comments and shoves Minho to the bathroom.

Minho opened his mouth again but closed it, forgetting what he was going to say. He looked at the clothes and shrugged, entering into the bathroom to change.

Once they heard the bathroom door shut, Taemin turned to his mother furiously. “What are you doing?!”

His mother groans and closes her eyes. “I don’t know, I didn’t want him to call the police so I panicked!”

“Well thanks to you now we got a cousin!” Taemin said in a huff.

“But this is good! This way we can save Lotus-“

“How many times do I have to tell you! This plan isn’t going to work! His family is going to try to find him one way or the other and we’re going to be caught red-handed!” Taemin ruffles his hair in frustration and walks back and forth.

Before they could argue anymore, they heard the door to the bathroom open.

 

Minho walks out of the bathroom dressed in casual ripped jeans and t-shirt. His hair was not slicked back and was sort of messy, giving him more of a natural look.

He walks over to them and flaps his arms on his side, looking around curiously.

Taemin and his mother both look at him, definitely impressed by the transformation. Taemin, however, was the one who was most impressed. Minho looked totally different from the person he first saw at ECHO Company.

They were both brought back to their senses with Minho clearing his throat. “Is something wrong?” He asks.

They both shake their head quickly, giving him a thumbs up. Minho smiles brightly and Taemin feels his heartbeat quicken.

“So… What do I do?” Minho asks.

“Go deliver gas to the Gok family with Taemin” Taemin’s mother said.

“Eh?!” Taemin looks at his mother like she just betrayed him. She ignores the look and ushers them both out the door.

Taemin grumbles angrily while he loads the gas tank onto the back of the truck. “Get in.” Taemin tells Minho as he gets into the driver’s seat. Minho nods and gets into the passenger seat, his head almost touching the ceiling.

“Now listen… Since you’re a… e. You’re not allowed to talk to anyone without permission and don’t cause any trouble or else we’re handing you straight to the police. Got it?” Taemin orders while pointing a finger at Minho.

Minho glances at Taemin’s finger but smiles and nods. Taemin rolls his eyes and starts driving.

 

 

Once their on the road, the car ride is silent. Taemin glances every-so-often at Minho. He really couldn’t believe they were the same person. “That doesn’t change anything… He’s still the enemy Lee Taemin. The enemy!” His thoughts try to persuade him. Still, he couldn’t help but feel attracted to Minho. Well, Minhyuk that is.

Once he focuses back on the road, he see’s a red line drawn across the on the road in front of him. There were two stop signs on each end of the road and a police was waving a red stick, signaling them to stop.

Oh …

 



 

So here's Chapter 6, for the people who have read it before you don't have to again but for those who haven't, there you go :3 This took me less time than I though to rewrite so that was good ^^ Taemin's in such denial LOL I'mma go now, PEACE!