Please Be Happy

Frog Prince

Taemin straps on his black leather gloves. He puts on his black beanie and face mask. Operation steal-Minho's-demoslishment-papers is undergo. If he could get rid of that contract that his uncle signed with ECHO, then maybe he can stop the demolishment since there won't be evidence of their contract.

"Alright, I'm going in..." Taemin whispers to himself and creeps to the back of the hotel building. Bodyguards were still walking around, so he had to be smooth. "If I can just get into the hotel somehow..." Taemin looks for a way in. He spots a open window above him. "Great...How the heck am I getting in through there?!" He looks around and see's a tall tree. "Aha! Maybe I can climb up the tree and jump in through the window." It was a crazy idea, but it was his only option.

He dashes to the tree and starts climbing up. Good thing he was so nimble. Once he's on the branches, he see's a bodyguard coming. Taemin freezes, hoping he won't get noticed. Surely enough, the bodyguard walks away, allowing Taemin to breath again.

"That was close... Now I just have to jump in through the window..." Taemin could feel his palms getting sweaty from the nervousness. "1...2..." Taemin quietly counts to himself. He puts his body in position for the leap.

"3!" Launching his body straight for the window, he leaps from the branch. His hands automatically grab onto whatever it could find, which was the bottom of the open window. "..." Taemin curses to himself.

"Who's there?"

"DOUBLE !" Taemin uses his very limit amount of muscle to try and pull himself in through the window. He could hear footsteps coming closer. "If I get caught here, uncle can't save his motel!" That was all the motivation Taemin needed to boost himself up and in through the window, and land onto the floor of the room.

He stays down low, trying not to cry out from the pain that's happening in his hips. "What in the world..." the bodyguard said's to himself as he scans around with his flashlight, finding no one. "I swear I heard a voice..." and he continues walking.

Taemin breathes a sigh of relief when he notices that the bodyguard left. He staggers up and winces from the pain. "I can't let umma see this..." he notes to himself.

Remembering why he was here, he dashes to the desk. He see's a golden plate with a name engraved on it: CHOI MINHO.

"This is the one." Taemin starts opening the drawers of the desk, frantically looking for the document.

Suddenly the light turns on.

Taemin freezes and slowly turns his head to the door.

He makes eye contact with non other than, Choi Minho himself.

"..." Taemin mutters to himself.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Minho asks. Taemin sees that he's reaching for his walkie talkie, getting ready to alert the body guards. He dashes and body slams Minho, giving him a shock and dropping the talkie. "What are you doing?! Get off me!" Minho struggles. Taemin puts a finger to his mouth, urging Minho to shut up.

"I'm not getting off until you tell me where the contract of ECHO company and Lotus Flower motel is." Taemin hisses.

"If you don't get off I'm going to yell." Minho threatens. Taemin quickly covers Minho's mouth with his hand.

Minho struggles harder until he looks at Taemin's hand and notices the ring he's wearing. He quickly grabs Taemin's hand, his eyes wide.

"Where did you get this ring?!" he asks loudly.

Taemin is taken aback by the question but quickly hides his hand.

"That ring doesn't belong to you! Give it back!!" Minho grabs Taemin's hand again.

"What's your problem?! LET GO!!" Taemin struggles.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE??!!" a bodyguard bursts open the door. Minho freezes, allowing time for Taemin to break out of his grip and dash to the window.

"Hey come back!" Minho tries running after him. Taemin jumps out, not caring if he lands or not. Luckily he does.

Minho looks down from the window, his face showing some concern for if Taemin survived or not. Taemin looks back up and stick his tongue out. "I'll get it next time!" and he makes his leave quickly, disappearing into the darkness.

Minho pounds his hand on the side of the window in frustration. "Aish! What is wrong with that boy I swear!" But his eyebrows knit together in confusion. "How come he has the same ring?"

 

 

"YOU BROKE INTO ECHO HOTEL?!?! THIS RASCAL!!" Taemin's mom smacks Taemin's head as he tries hiding away.

"I was just trying to save Lotus Flower Motel umma!" Taemin protests, while protecting his precious head from the vicious beatings.

"WHY BOTHER! WHAT'S THERE TO SAVE? THEY BARELY GET ANY CUSTOMERS ANYWAY! AND YOU ALMOST GOT IN TROUBLE! AGAIN! THIS TIME THEIR REALLY GOING TO CALL THE POLICE ON US!!" his mother hollers.

Taemin winces, his poor ears can't take this much yelling. "I said I was sorry..." he whispers.

His mother rolls her eyes and stomps out of the house to cool off.

Taemin rubs his sore head pouting. He suddenly see's that he's still wearing the ring and remembers last night. He wonders why Minho was so desperate about getting the ring back.

 

 

Kim Jonghyun straightened his tie as he was getting ready to go into the ECHO building. He suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns around and see's his good friend, Donghae.  "Hey man!" he saids smiling widely. Jonghyun smiles back and wraps his friend in a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever! How have you been?" Jonghyun asks when he pulls apart. Donghae shrugs. "Just the usual, but guess what?  Jessica's pregnant! We just moved to a small apartment and we're looking forward to the baby." he said's proudly.

Jonghyun's eyes widen. "Really?! Congrates man! I hope the baby turns out happy and healthy."

Donghae bows in appreciation."So how are things going with your Key?" he asks while elbowing him.

Jonghyun's expression suddenly saddens. "He's getting married today... To Minho."

"THAT FROG-HEAD?! HE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE KEY! MAN YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING!" Donghae exclaims.

Jonghyun simply shakes his head. "Key's happy with Minho. I don't want to make him hate me if I interfere."

"Tsk... Jjong you're too soft..." Donghae shakes his head in shame. His mood suddenly goes dark and he whispers to Jonghyun, "What if one of them didn't show up? Would the wedding still continue?"

Jonghyun looks are Donghae, frowning. "Don't you dare try anything Donghae. I don't want this wedding to be ruined. I need to go now." He walks away in a hurry.

 

 

Key looks at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a long white dress with flower patterns at the edges. He looked absolutely stunning.

Knock Knock.

Key looks up. "Come in." Jonghyun walks in. His eyes widen when he see's Key. He comes closer and puts his hand on Key's shoulder. "You look beautiful." he comments. Key blushes and smiles. "Thanks. I'm really looking forward to the wedding." Key remarks. Jonghyun's smile fades. He forgot that Key wasn't wearing that dress for him. It was for his soon-to-be-husband, Minho.

"I'm glad you finally found the one you love Key... I'm happy for you."  he smiles sadly. Key beams and nods.

Jonghyun takes out something from his pocket and covers it with his hand. Key looks at him in confusion. "I also have something to propose you with..." he said's quietly. Key's eyes widen in shock. "Jonghyun..." Key starts to protest. Jonghyun opens his hand in front of Key to reveal 3 candies in colorful wrappers.

Key's expression relaxes and a smile spreads across his face. "Toffee candy!" he quickly grabs them. Jonghyun smiles and said's "This is the last time I'm giving you toffee candy... After the wedding it's up to Minho to make you happy." he leans in and kisses the top of Key's head. Key's eyes sadden and he looks up. "Jonghyun..."

But their cut off by a deep voice.

"I thought it was my role to kiss the bride." Minho walks into the room. He lays eyes on Key and smiles saying "You look beautiful Key..." Key smiles brightly and nods in thanks. Jonghyun sees that this was his cue to leave. "Please be happy Key..." he thinks to himself before exciting the room quietly. Key notices that someone's presence was gone and looks at the door that Jonghyun left through in worry.

Minho brings him back to his thoughts. "I got the ring made again." Key looks up in surprise at the smiling Minho. He watches Minho dig the small box out of his pocket and open it, revealing the same beautiful ring that he had shown him before. Minho takes Key's hand into his and starts slipping the ring on Key's finger. "Key... I love you." Minho said's after placing the ring on Key's finger. Key blushes in happiness. "I love you too, Minho... So much."

Minho smiles and plants a kiss on Key's lips. When they pull back they see a uncomfortable Eunhyuk at the door. Eunhyuk clears his throat "Choi Minho the car is ready for you outside." Minho nods, allowing Eunhyuk to leave.

Minho walks to a bouquet of white roses and taking one out, he walks over and examines it. "Do you know what a white rose means?" he asks Key. Key tilts his head in confusion. "It means... You. Are the only one. For me." he waves the rose with each phrase before placing it in Key's hands. Key blushes in admiration. "I'm leaving to buy a suit, but I will be back soon." Minho explains. Key nods in understanding.

Minho gets his jacket. "Bye Bye." he starts walking out. Key suddenly winces. A thorn on the rose pierced his finger, making blood drip down from his finger and onto the dress. His expression turns worried. "Minho!" he calls. Minho stops and turns, not noticing the blood. "Yes?"

Key hesitates but shakes his head. "No nothing... Just hurry back." he gives a worried smile. Minho smiles back. "See you soon." he waves and leaves the room, leaving Key with a worried conscience.

 

 

Minho arrives at his car and gets inside. He staff shuts the door and the car starts moving. As they get onto the road Minho looks out the window and notices something. "Stop the car." he commands. The driver slowly stops and Minho rolls down the window of the car. He see's Taemin on top of a tree, he's holding a little bird and putting it back in the nest with the other birds. Minho tilts his head in amusement and continues watching as Taemin waves goodbye to the birdies and getting off the tree, putting on his shoes and checking his watch.

"! I'm late for the delivery again!" Taemin exclaims as he quickly picks up the gas tank and puts it onto the trunk of his truck. He turns the key in the ignition but the car just splutters and goes silent. Taemin hits his hand on the wheels in frustration. "Out of all the places!" he yells at the car.

Minho chuckles when he realizes that the boy is stuck and he gets out of the car. The driver looks at him in confusion. "Take that boy to where he needs to go." Minho tells the driver. "But what about you-" 

"I can just walk. It's close." Minho reassures. The driver nods and continues driving. Minho watches the driver's car stop next to Taemin's and the driver asking Taemin if he wanted a ride. He smiles as he see's Taemin eagerly getting out of his truck and putting the gas tank into the trunk of the driver's car. Taemin gets into the passenger seat, thanking the driver while he started driving. 

Minho chuckles to himself as he continues to walk on the road to the tuxedo store.

 

 

"So how did you find me ahjusshi?" Taemin asked from the backseat.

The driver was already starting to get ticked off. "I didn't find you, I just happened to be taking my boss to the tuxedo store when we came across you. He told me to give you a ride to where you were going. So where ARE you going?" 

" I'm going to the Shin family's household. This is the address." Taemin shows the driver a slip of paper with the address written on it.  The driver nods and continues driving in silence, hoping Taemin didn't have anything else to say. 

Taemin looks out the window in a cheerful mood, he thinks God is rewarding him for helping the injured bird.

Meanwhile, Minho was still walking. He took his jacket off because of the heat, and he didn't notice a man in a car watching him.

 


I didn't know when to stop xD But i hope this is a good place. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN! I think you know what's coming next for Minho ;) And yes he is very BIPOLAR. One minute he's trying to send Taemin to jail, next he's helping him get to his destination. Still haven't thought of a role for Onew yet =3= Ah well, just gotta wait dubu-lovers. I hope you liked this chapter and since it's the weekend I will update more quickly so please look forward to the next chapter. Expect a surprise~ Kay PEACE!