Making Up

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"I feel like killing you guys, really!" I huffed as we were walking towards my house.

It was 9pm. It took me at least 2 hours to find them and pull them away from whatever they were doing. Another 1 hour for me to feed them whatever they like without causing any quarrels for the food they want and another hour to bring them back home safely. And I'm exhausted. Even running 3 kilometers during the school cross-country wasn't that hard compared to this.

"You have no idea how many times I've killed you guys in my mind," I continued rattling on.

"We said we're sorry," Youngjae mumbled.

"I used my money, I wasted my time. And while I was doing all that, you guys were off playing! Wasn't I supposed to be the master? Weren't you guys supposed to be the one to be pleasing me instead of the other way round?"

The boys kept silent and I knew they were feeling guilty and personally, although I didn't want to shout anymore, I still wanted to go on and show them how unfair and granted they were taking this situation to be.

I opened my mouth, wanting to shout more but I felt my voice coming out strained. Another thing I sacrificed. I kept them in peace while eating and I didn't get a drip of water. I wanted to tell them that, make them feel even guiltier but I didn't, or couldn't.

When we got to home, I pushed the keys in but stopped. I sighed before choosing the right words to say to them.

"It's only been a few days since we met, and I know what your real motive here is. But even if you were to stay here for how long or how short, I would like it if you changed and at least try, just try to make yourself more presentable and responsible. This isn't the genie world you are in right now, and I'm not like all the other masters you had who could tolerate your behavior. So it would be great, for me and maybe for you, if you learned how to be more serious in your jobs and do what you're supposed to do."

I stopped and when I felt there isn't any more to say, turned the keys, opened the doors and walked straight to my bedroom. I closed the door, fell onto my bed and before I could tell myself to at least change out of my clothes, I fell asleep.

                                                                           ===                           

The next morning, I woke up and got startled seeing Zelo at the edge of my bed. I sat up, my eyes still struggling to open.

"What are you doing here? Haven't I said clearly you stay out of my property?" I said.

"I was waiting for you noona! Come on!" He said cheerfully, taking my arm and pulling me out of the bed gently.

I stumbled a little but was steadied by Zelo's firm grip. He pulled me out to the dining room, which to my surprise was filled with many different type of dishes. The other boys were there too. Yongguk and Daehyun were setting up the table while Jongup and Youngjae were listening to Himchan ordering them to do these and that.

"What are you guys doing?" I was suddenly alarmed when I saw a fire catching on Himchan's apron but it was put off by Jongup who saw it.

"Noona, you just sit down and wait for breakfast to be served!" Zelo said and pushed me down onto a chair. Daehyun placed a plate, fork and spoon in front of me.

"What would you like to drink?" Yongguk asked in a waiter's voice and I forced down a laugh since I didn't want them to think that I'm over what happened yesterday..

"I only have water." I reminded him.

A mischievous glint sparkled in his eyes."Not anymore."

I eyed him cautiously and then said."Fanta."

He nodded and went to the sink. Since his back was to me, I couldn't see what he was doing. And then, he turned around with a can of fanta and a cup filled with ice and thr orange liquid. I raised an eyebrow.

Of course, how can I forget? They have magic.

Yongguk placed it on my table while Jongup came up with kimchi pancakes, a small bowl of radish soup and a small plate of kimchi.

"What about you guys?" I asked as they stood around the dining table.

Youngjae shook his head."We're fine."

I nodded uncertainly and picked up my fork, trying some of the kimchi pancakes. Zelo was right. Himchan's kimchi pancakes were the best I've ever tasted. After a moment of them looking and me eating, I looked up and saw Zelo's mouth was slightly open and maybe that sparkling thing along the side of his mouth was saliva. Daehyun noticed and closed Zelo's mouth, motioning for him to wipe his mouth.

I finally took the time to realize that Youngjae and Jongup still had their hair in a mess, probably just woken up while Himchan, although with a smile, looked thoroughly worn out. My heart went out to pity them while I felt touched. It's been a few days, but knowing that they are so willing to make things right and let their masters feel better makes me see a differently light in them.

I sighed and pushed the plate of kimchi and pancakes in their direction. I stood up, took 6 pairs of chopsticks and fork and placed it onto the table.

"I can't finish all these by myself." I said simply.

They took the hint though, knew that I already forgave them and sat down on the other vacant seats, with silent smiles on their faces, digged into the food.

After half an hour of silence, me eating slowly while they gorge themselves happily with food - all exception goes to Zelo, who was by far of cloud nine - we finally finished the meal, although a part of me was still wondering why Daehyun had to go so far as to eat with his back facing me. What's his problem with the mask anyway?

"Wah, this is daaaeeebaaakkkk." Zelo said, smiling contentedly.

"I think I put on weight." Youngjae frowned and patted his stomach. He turned to Daehyun who was beside him and poked his eye bags lightly."I'm thinking you would gain weight there too."

Daehyun glared at him and swiped at his hands. I let out a laugh and Daehyun changed target. I stopped abruptly and ducked my head.

"Since the boys are so afraid of gaining weight, why not let's go to the park for a walk?" Yongguk suggested.

"I'll pack the fruits!" Himchan shouted.

"I have no fruits," I said.

"You have at least ten packs of pepero but no fruits? I wonder how you keep fit." Youngjae poked my arms.

"Shut up! We'll buy fruits on the way, get a watermelon or something. Come on."

I lead the way to the supermarket which we got two half of a seedless watermelon and went to the nearby park. It had a smaller version of a river while there are a few joggers and cyclers here and there.

"So noona. Have you forgiven us yet?" Jongup asked.

I kept quiet, thinking of a good answer."Not technically."

"Eh?! Then why did you let us eat the food with you? Wasn't that a form of forgiveness or something?" Himchan said.

"It was only halfway there. I can only forgive you guys fully when you show me that you really will change for the better."

The others groaned in response and I gave them a grin, patting Zelo's back."It'd be fun!"

"But you do know even 5 days have gone by, you still haven't made a wish." Youngjae reminded.

I opened my mouth to deny but got cut off.

"Except for the one regarding Zelo. Those two didn't count," Yongguk said.

"Don't you have anything to wish for?" Daehyun asked.

I shrugged."For you guys to disappear? Find your own home? Get your own food? Pay for your own stuffs?"

They blinked twice before their faces changed into scowls. I smiled up at them and opened the watermelon.

"Let's eat!" I exclaimed and handed out the spoon.

I was taking bites of the juicy goodness and admiring the river when I heard one of them call me. I turned around but felt something cold and wet land on my cheeks. I moved out of the way, but the damage was done.

Youngjae and Himchan had actually took some watermelon in their hands and wiped it onto my cheeks, the red liquid staining my clothes and feeling sticky on my face.

I gawked at the floor with the watery fillings of the fruit and glared up at them. They stared at me with frozen smiles and took off running with the watermelon, shouting out the direction they should take. I took off after them.

"Don't expect to come back home if you don't apologize for what you did!" I shouted.

"We'll find a way!" Zelo shouted back.