4 years later

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

Epilogue.

4 years later;

I wrapped my coat tighter around me as I walked down the almost empty streets of Seoul. It was currently past eleven and almost no one was seen strolling around, except for a few couples and also students like me.

I had to stay back late at the university. It was just after winter, still cold enough to numb your fingers and nose. Puffs of smoke escaped my mouth as I breathed through it.

Just then, I felt a vibration coming from my pockets. Reaching in my coat pocket, I took the phone out.

"Just finished?"

"Yeah. You?"  I texted Myungsoo back.

"Same. Are you on your way home? Call me when you reach back safely, alright?"

I smiled and replied a short 'okay'. I was about to put my phone back when I paused and decided to just play around my phone on my boring trip back home. I went to pictures and scrolled through some of it and I stopped at one of the genies and me.

It was probably taken when we went to the beach, the 6 of us that night when we became a family. I looked at each and every one of their faces, lit up with a smile.

Four years since I last saw them. It was hard to forget them. It proved to be impossible, but I got over them enough to live a happier life.

"It's been so long," I whispered to myself, swiping my thumb across the screen, gazing sadly at their faces, longing to see them again.

Four, long years.

Still in the midst of my trance, I didn't see someone coming out from a shop. The person must have been hurrying too because the next thing I knew, he bumped into me and sent me stumbing to the side, my phone slipping out of my hand and onto the cold, concrete floor.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed dropping what I guess is the cafe's trash bag and went to pick up my phone before I could."I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's okay," I mumbled softly, hands outstretched to retrieve my phone.

"I'll pay for any damages if there are any."

My hands paused as the voice talking to me finally sank in. My eyes widened as it started to sink in further.

That voice. It can't be.

My eyes shot up and I emitted a loud gasp, in the end choking on my saliva and started having a coughing fit.

The guy patted my back."Are you alright? I didn't cause any symptoms to happen to you right?"

I shook my head, telling him I'm alright. Getting the hint, he allowed me to finally settle down. When I looked up again, he was staring intently at me.

My breath hitched and I figured if he knew who I was. My mouth opened, about to call out his name when he beat me to it.

"Do I know you? You seem really familiar."

With my mouth slightly opened, I gaped at him, completely speechless.

He doesn't know me? But that can't be. It's him. I know it's him. I'm very sure it's him. But why is it he doesn't remember me?

But instead of correcting him, I nodded and said weakly."Yeah, you look pretty familiar too."

The happiness and joy that filled my heart evaporated into dust and was now replaced with dejection and puzzlement.

He stared at me a little longer and then gave a small smile."What's your name then?"

"Haejin," I replied without thinking twice, already feeling the same comfort whenever I was with him in the past.

"I'm Yongguk," He held out his hands, giving me a brighter smile.

I stared at it, mesmerized as I shook his hand. A wave of electricity shot through me, and I wondered it he felt it too.

"Hmm, your name sounds pretty familiar too. Are you sure we haven't met before?" He asked.

I stared into his orbs, trying to find a hint of a joke, that he not remembering me was just a facade but couldn't find anything except for genuine confusion.

"I don't know. We might have met before," I told him.

He stared right back at me, and for a moment I swore a look of recognition in his eyes but in half a second it was gone. He coughed and averted his gaze away, probably embarrassed at how we're gazing at each other.

"Your hands are cold," He suddenly blurted out.

I looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

"Do you, uh, want to come in and have something warm? My treat, for my mistake." He pointed at my phone.

I stared at it and found out the genies' picture was still there. After several seconds of staring at their smiling faces, staring at the face of the guy who was standing in front of me, a sudden surge of elation shot through me.

I looked up and gave Yongguk a smile."That'd be nice."

He looked thoroughly startled at first, but then flashed me his gummy smile, the one that I loved and I knew right then this was Yongguk.

The Yongguk I once knew. There was no mistake, even if he didn't remember me.

"Cool. Then come on in."

He opened the door for me, motioning me to go in. I smiled gratefully and stepped into the cafe which I'm thinking he's working in.

I'm not sure why he doesn't remember me, and I don't know where the other genies are. But if Yongguk's here, the others would come soon because meeting Yongguk like this definitely wasn't just luck. It's something much more, and even if he doesn't remember me, I'll help him.

Maybe along the way, we'd make even more memories with each other.

{the end}

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

please read the next page! well, after i've posted it up that is.

and sorry for the crappy ending :c i really didn't know how to end it, so i took in some of your ideas. i know this only shows yongguk and not the others, but there's where you guys imagination are put to use? :D and as you can see, he doesn't remember her which means / cough/ the other genies humans might not remember her too.

anyways, BEFORE YOU GUYS START ON SEQUELS (although i'm not sure you guys would even want one) please read the next chapter for awhile.