Disappeared

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

I woke up with a start, feeling someone pulling the blanket off of me.

"Noona, wake up." I heard Zelo calling me softly.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. The memories came to me like a bullet train and an immediate sadness settled into the depths of my heart.

Today is definitely gonna .

I could see the initiative the genies were putting in though. They made breakfast, had my uniform ready along with my books. Zelo offered me a ride to school on his skateboard and they talked non-stop, trying to crack some jokes.

I couldn't bring myself to smile though. I wanted to say thank you, to hug each one of them but didn't had the courage, in case I burst out crying again. So I kept quiet for the rest of the day.

Believe it or not, this routine continued. I should be thankful really, but I think it all start to get a bit too much. It even came to a point where I wanted space but they didn't get the hint.

"Dinner!" Himchan shouted and he appeared at my doorway. He pulled me out of bed and over to the dining table. A feast was prepared and the genies were all seated, ready to eat.

"Here noona, you should eat more." Jongup said, giving me a generous heap of vegetables.

I forced a smile, but my hands stayed by my lap.

"You might not be hungry, but at least try to eat something," Yongguk said.

"Try the meat, its good!"

"How about a bit of kimchi?"

"Should I make porridge instead?"

The noise was a little deafening and I fought to hear only one but they all talked at once, making it hard for me.

Standing up abruptly, I started walking away from the table.

"Where are you going?" Youngjae asked.

"I want to be alone for awhile." I mumbled, closing the door.

But even with that, they didn't get it because five minutes later, there was a knock on my door. Daehyun peeped his head in.

He walked in with a tray and placed it by my bedside table. On it was a bowl of ride with some side dishes along with a cup of orange juice. He pointed at it, and then pointed at me. I got what he wanted me to do, but I just stared at him.

He sighed and walked out. Seconds later, while I was just standing up from bed to get something Zelo came in.

"Noona, what are you doing?"

I walked towards my table and picked up my books, wanting to put it into my bag when Zelo snatched it away.

"I'll do it for you."

I looked at him, a sudden anger and frustration bubbling up inside me.

He's doing that a lot. Not just him but all of them. Whenever I want to do it by myself, they take it away from me. Even when I insisted, they were still stubborn on doing it.

I didn't say anything though, just exhaled and went back to bed.

"Do you need anything else done?" He asked.

"I want to do it myself, you fool!" I wanted to shout at him but instead held it back and shook my head.

"Arraso. We'll wake you up tomorrow. Sleep tight, noona!" He said and bounced out.

I looked at the door and sighed.

===

"Wake up!" I heard Himchan's voice.

I opened my eyes, feeling a slight annoyance towards the chirpiness in it.

I didn't sleep till late at night, tossing and turning in bed. The fact that I'm on my period and also how hot the weather was early in the morning wasn't helping either.

"Come on, rise and shine." Himchan said and pulled me up.

I sighed loudly, trying to show him I was a little irritated and in a bad mood, but he just ignored it and proceeded out the door, telling me to go brush my teeth.

As I walked into the bathroom, my toothbrush was already prepared for me. Another wave of annoyance shot through me.

Haejin, their doing it for you.

When I came out, my uniform was prepared. I didn't even need to take out my socks or hair band, all laid out right in front of me.

"Haejin, why are you being like this?" I asked myself when anger bubbled inside me.

As I walked out of the room, they all crowd around me, asking for my preference in breakfast.

"Do you want cereal?"

"We ran out of cereal, hyung?"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Wait, who didn't off the tap?"

"I think it was Daehyun."

"I don't think there's any more milk too!"

"Who was in charge of grocery shopping?"

The noises were just a fuel, adding on to the weird feeling of anger in me. I took in a few deep breaths, trying to contain my anger in.

But out of all the noise, I suddenly heard one.

"So what do you want, Haejin?"

And before I could stop myself, I blurted out what I could possibly say with the amount of anger in me.

"I wish you guys would just disappear!"

The silence that came over was like hell. I'm not sure how thee genies looked or felt but I didn't stay long to find out. I was already out of the house, making my way to school. All the way there, I tried pushing out what just happened, what the genies might have thought, what they might have felt.

When I got to school and they weren't there, I felt a tinge of guilt.

Okay, not a tinge but a whole spoonful. But I shook it off.

The guilt grew stronger as the hours dragged on. When I didn't see the genies even during lunch break, I started growing worried.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that to them.

I stopped in my footsteps and hit my head.

Of course you shouldn't. They were helping you! Why were you even like that?

When school ended and I still didn't see them, the worry in my heart was so huge I'm sure it was going to burst anytime. While walking back home, I had a bad feeling about all this but didn't confirms it.

As I opened the door to my house, the wave of silence and dullness probably confirmed it all.

"Genies?" I called out, stepping into the house.

"Yongguk?" I said, walking pas the kitchen and living room.

"Zelo?" I checked the bathroom and their room."Youngjae?"

But they were nowhere in sight. And then it dawned on me.

I wish you guys would just disappear!

I made a wish. I wished they'd disappear. And they did.

As I looked around the empty room, the air silent and lifeless, I realized the mistake I made.

A huge mistake.

My heart was beating twice the normal speed and my legs gave way, falling onto the floor.

"What have I done?" I whispered to myself, tears falling one by one.

I just wished away the people whom I loved. I just got angry with the people who were trying their best to cheer me up.

Thinking about how I made it seem like it's their fault made me cry harder. I placed my hands on my knees and cried the regret and guilt washing over me, making the tears form even faster.

In the next few hours, when evening turned to night, there were still no signs of them. I called for them, a million times really but nothing.

It was weird; going to sleep knowing the genies weren't there. So the next best thing I did was to cry myself to sleep, hoping and praying that they'd be back tomorrow.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i really don't know what i'm writing anymore...

so i hope this is okay.