Fight

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

We searched high and low but we couldn't find any traces of Zelo. The genies still didn't get any connection with him, so he must probably still be unconscious.

"Haejin-ah, I think we should go back first. It's late and there's school tomorrow. We'll just search the next day." Himchan said.

"But...lots of things can happen to Zelo in just one night," I told them, still worried.

My mind was suddenly filled with all the bad things those kidnappers might have done to Zelo and teared up.

"Haejin."

I felt someone shake me. When I didn't respond, I got shook harder.

"Haejin, look at me."

I looked up and met eyes with Yongguk.

"He'll be fine. He's not the maknae for nothing; he's a really strong guy. We need all the energy to search for him tomorrow."

I looked away, still uncertain and scared.

"Zelo will be alright, right guys?" Yongguk asked the others.

They looked startled, but then were quick to agree.

"He isn't called the mighty maknae for nothing." Jongup told me.

"And if he can survive Himchan's nagging, I'm sure he'll survive this." Youngjae pointed out, earning a glare from said guy.

I turned to Daehyun and although he didn't say anything, I'm sure he was also agreeing with the others that Zelo will be okay.

I gulped and nodded. Yongguk gave a smile.

"Come on then."

As we reached home, I didn't fall asleep immediately. I'm pretty sure the genies didn't fall sleep either.

===

When I woke up, things felt a little different. The house was moodier, less sunnier. Without Zelo there, there really wasn't anyone hyper enough to start up everyone's day.

"We'll find him." Daehyun reassured me silently as we stepped out of the house.

I nodded, keeping silent.

"Have you made a police report?" Youngjae asked Himchan.

"I did, yesterday," Yongguk said.

When I walked to my lockers, we split ways there saying we'll meet up later. As I opened it, a note came flying down just like yesterday. Not thinking much about it, I bent down to pick it up.

Kangju 32 Avenue, abandoned warehouse. Come alone if you want to save your precious blonde head, or pink head as of now. If we see anyone with you, don't blame us if Zelo suffers.

My eyes widened when I read it. I cursed myself mentally.

Why didn't I see it sooner? Those notes, they were related!

I looked around and saw that the genies were gone. I stuffed the note into my pocket, taking my books and made my way to class with my head down.

During break, I told them about it.

"We'll go with you." Yongguk said.

"No! They said I need to go alone, if not they'd do something to Zelo." I said.

"But it's dangerous!" Himchan argued.

Daehyun nodded, agreeing.

"It's Zelo's life here. I'm going alone; I promise I'll come back safely." I told them, keeping a firm stand.

They looked at me and knowing I won't change my mind, sighed and agreed.

"But if anything happens, call immediately."

"Can't we install a walkie talkie on her?" Jongup asked.

Youngjae knocked his head and asked him to stop being so stupid.

"Just call for us and we'll be there immediately okay?" Yongguk said.

I nodded, assuring them I'd be fine. When the time came, they were hesitant on letting me go off alone but I got myself away from them in the end. I took out the piece of paper and followed the instructions on it.

"Abandoned warehouse..."I mumbled to myself as I tried searching for a run down building.

After a few more minutes of walking here and there, I finally spotted something that looks somewhat close to the description given to me.

It was empty inside, only filled with dust and concrete.

"Hello?" I called out, getting my voice echoed back.

I walked further in, taking careful steps while looking around. Just then, someone appeared from behind the shadows. He motioned me to follow and then turned to walk away.

I took in a deep breath and followed behind him. He led me up a few plight of stairs, probably to the third floor and when we arrived, I wasn't alone.

There were several men, scattered around the area. I scanned the whole place and my eyes landed on someone on the ground.

My heart stopped beating for a second when the pink stood out brightly from the dull looking place.

I took two steps towards the figure, only to be held back by two men.

"Is that..."

I heard a soft giggle and it was then I noticed Hyunah and her gang of friends.

"Yes, it is." She smiled, standing up from her seat.

I kept my eyes fixated on the figure. Hyunah motioned for one of her men to do something and one guy nearest to the figure turned him the other way round so I could see his face.

I gave a gasp and immediately felt light headed. Tears stung my eyes as I took in the sight in front of me.

Zelo was badly bruised. His face was bloodied with deep cuts visible on his face. His eyes were closed, which I'm thinking he must be unconscious. The school uniform which he was wearing was torn and tattered and again, filled with blood.

It was a gruesome sight and my heart ached seeing him in a plight like this.

"What have you done to him?" I wanted to shout but instead came out soft and weak.

"Nothing much," Hyunah shrugged."We warned him to keep quiet but he didn't so it was the next best way. But he just doesn't shut up."

Her words sounded distant as I kept my eyes locked on Zelo's frail body. Just then, he stirred away and his eyes opened a little.

"Noo...na?" He whispered.

"Zelo-ah!" I shouted, running towards him but only get held back in the process.

I looked at Hyuna desperately."What do you want? Why are you doing this?"

Hyunah cackled evilly and shook her head."You still don't see do you?"

I looked at her puzzled.

"First, you took LJoe away from me, and then Myungsoo too. I forgive you for that, but when the blonde heads came, you just had to come sweeping them off in your little clutches. I think I've had enough."

"But...I didn't take anything away from you. They weren't yours!"

"They weren't mine but they could have been if not for you!" She screeched in anger.

I stared at her in bewilderment.

"Then what do you want?" I asked Hyunah again.

Hyunah shrugged and gave me a grin."I'm not sure. Maybe I'll let them bash you till you die. Maybe I'll sell you away and get the money. There are lots of things really."

I looked at Zelo who was still weak.

"If...if I do that will you let him off?" I asked.

"Would you?" Hyunah said.

I gave one more look at Zelo.

“Because Junhong was the guy with the bad past. The one who was so poor, so pathetic, the one who steals. I didn't want to be that guy anymore...”

I could still picture the look on his face when he said that, the amount of pain he held in it.

"Zelo's a happy guy, and that's what I'm going to be. I swore to myself that I'd never go back to what I am in the past, so I changed."

I took in a deep breath and nodded."Yes, I'd do it. But you have to let him go."

Hyunah stared at me, trying to figure if I was up to anything. She must have thought better of it, because she shrugged.

"Okay then."

She asked the men to take me and they brought me over to a door. They opened it and pushed me in.

"Let him go!" I reminded before the closed the door on me.

I sighed and slinked down onto the floor, my mind still filled with the gruesome image. After several more minutes of miserable thinking, a sound from outside shook me out from my daze.

There were more noises, and it was definitely louder. I pressed my ear on the door to hear better.

There were grunts and metal against metal. My eyes widened.

Don't tell me they still haven't let Zelo off yet.

I tried the door handle but it wouldn't budge. Just when I was about to ram myself on the door, it opened by itself instead and I fell onto the floor.

Thinking it must be one of Hyunah's men, I braced myself and look up, only to be taken aback by the sight of Jongup.

He looked at me worriedly and pulled me up to my feet.

"Noona, are you okay? They didn't do anything to you?" He asked.

I shook my head, still in a daze.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We found you."

I looked around and saw the genies fighting. Well, mentally not physically.

"Noona, you go first." Jongup said, dragging me to the entrance.

"Zelo. What about Zelo?" I asked, turning back around. Jongup stopped me."Yongguk hyung got him."

"But..." I started but she cut me off.

"Noona, if you go we'll have one less thing to protect. You'll be helping us like that too. Go." Jongup said, almost demanded.

I bit my lip and nodded unwillingly, turning to leave. As I was running down the alley, I tried to think of another way to help them. I took out my cell phone and was about to call the police when a voice stopped me.

"Yah! Yong Haejin!"

I turned around and saw a crazed looking Hyunah. Her hair was a mess and the look on her face wasn't that good. I looked down and noticed that she was holding on to a glass bottle. A smirk appeared on her face and before I knew it, she lunged at me, bottle high up about to hit me with it.

Instinctively, my hands shot out to stop her and it turned into a straggling fight. I quickly took the chance and kicked her in the gut. She retaliated and I turned to flee. She recovered quick enough and was right on my heels.

"I'm not going to let you get away so easily!" I heard her shriek.

As I was in a panic, I didn't see the pieces of can littering the ground and stepped on one, slipping onto the floor. This was all Hyunah need to catch up with me. I tried standing up again but failed to do so, finding out I sprained my ankle in the process. As I turned around, Hyunah stood towering over me, the grip on the bottle tightened.

"Let's just end this once and for all, shall we?" She gave a sickening sweet smile.

Raising the bottle high, I closed my eyes and ducked my head, preparing myself for the pain that might come.

But instead, all I heard was the shatter of glass on something and a gasp. I kept my eyes closed, thinking the pain have not yet came but it still never did. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Hyunah, her eyes wide and face pale. She was backing away slowly, her eyes filled with fear but it wasn't directed at me. Instead, it was directed to a certain someone in front of me.

I turned my head and a wave of nausea hit me hard.

I wasn't the one who got hit. It was a certain someone else instead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

having a good time guys? :DD