Warmth

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

I sat down with my mood dampened by the hot weather. It was a Sunday. Junhyung was out somewhere while the genies had gone to play a game of soccer. It was only me and Daehyun who was too lazy to do some sports.

We sat side by side watching a repeat of a cooking show.

"I want to go watch a movie," Daehyun suddenly said.

"Then go watch a movie." I grumbled.

He stood up and took my arm, yanking me up."Let's go watch together."

He pushed me into my room and closed the door."I'm gonna go change."

I stared at the door and sighed. Ever since the day when he showed me what's behind the mask, I think he opened up to me. He's been talking more to me, which might be a good thing.

I proceeded to change into a tank top and shorts due to the hot weather and went out. Daehyun was already prepared, wearing a t-shirt and bermudas. He still had his mask on though.

"Let's go."

"Aren't you feeling hot behind that mask?" I asked, eyeing him.

He shook his head.

"Why don't you ever take it off? It's not like you have anything to hide." I mumbled.

He gave me a smile, or what I think he did since his eyes went all smiley. A sudden frustration to see his smile washed through me but I pushed it away.

"So...what movie are we watching?" I asked as we entered the shopping centre.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

My eyes scanned the list of things that are screening and it landed on one.

"That one." I pointed to the horror show.

Daehyun's eyes widened."Horror?"

I smiled."You scared?"

He looked at me and coughed."No, let's watch it then."

We had a short quarrel on who should buy the tickets and in the end I won but Daehyun offered to buy the popcorn. Since it was starting soon, we made our way into the cinema. As I took a seat next to a guy, Daehyun leaned in.

"Why didn't you bring a jacket? Aren't you cold?" He asked.

I shook my head."I'm fine. It's not that cold either."

Just when the show started, I felt something on my thigh but after awhile it went away so I thought it was probably just an itch. But after 10 minutes, the feeling came back again. I looked down and my eyes widened.

I turned to my left where a guy was seated, his hands being dangerously close to my thighs. I quickly pushed it off and gave him a death glare before scooting more towards the right. I noticed a girl beside him.

ing .

I continued watching the show and it wasn't around 15 minutes later I felt that same feeling on my thigh. I was about to push it off of me again when I saw a hand shoot up and push the guy's hand off of me.

Daehyun stood up and pulled me up, exchanging our seats. He sat down on my previous seat, giving the guy one of his intimidating glares. He took out his jacket and instead of putting it over me; he placed it on my lap instead.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Uh, I...yeah." I stumbled, still trying to settle in the fast happenings.

"Next time, bring a jacket even when you're not cold."

I nodded but then he shook his head.

"No, next time don t wear such provocative clothes even when it's hot."

I looked at him incredulously and then chuckled when i saw he was still giving quick glares at the guy.

"Thank you."

He waved me off and fixed his eyes on the screen. I swore Daehyun was scared although he didn't show it. Somewhere along the way, he must have thrown the popcorn somewhere in fright because when I stuck my hand in there, almost nothing was left. The show ended fairly quickly and it was still in the late afternoon.

"Where shall we go now?" Daehyun asked.

I looked around and suddenly an idea popped up in my head.

"Have you even been to a noraebang?" I asked him.

He frowned and shook his head. I grinned and took his arm, dragging him towards the karaoke centre. I booked a room, selected a few songs and passed him the mic.

"Okay, there you go."

Daehyun looked at the mic and then back to me."What do I do?"

"You sing!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Sing?"

"Yeah. You know, sing? You sang at the beach the other time, remember?"

He looked at the mic."But I don't know the songs."

"That's why there are lyrics for you. You'd do great!" I gave him a thumbs up.

"If I do it, will you?" He asked.

I nodded. He sighed and gave the mic one last odd look before placing it near his mouth. I hurriedly pressed the play button and the song began.

"What song is this anyway?"

"It's a ballad sung by a popular group called 4MEN." I explained.

"4MEN?" He scrunched up his face.

I threw a coaster at him."Don't be like that! They're really great singers."

"Baby Baby?" He gave the same face again, looking at the title.

"It's starting! Quickly!" I hurried him.

He turned to look at the screen, at first soft and wary but getting into the song after a few moments.

His voice was amazing and I swear to lord I was speechless even after 5 minutes after the song ended.

"Haejin!" Daehyun called for the millionth time.

"Huh, oh yeah?" I snapped out of my trance."That was..."

He looked at me expectantly.

"Beautiful."

He eyed my suspiciously.

"Your voice is really, truly beautiful, Daehyun. If you'd just show everyone who you are without that mask."

He riveted his gaze away from mine, staring at the TV instead. We continued with a few more songs before we called it an end for the day.

When we stepped out of the shopping centre, the temperature has dropped drastically and it was now cold out.

"Here, it must be cold," I gave him back his jacket.

He shook his head and pushed it towards me."You need it more than me."

"But I'm not cold."

"You will be soon."

"But you would too."

"I have a longer shirt and pants then you. Plus I have a mask."

We both had a staring contest and the winner was obviously him due to his many years of experience.

"Fine." I grudgingly put the jacket over me.

Just them, an ice cream van passed by.

"Want ice cream?" I asked him excitedly.

He gave me a look and I remembered what circumstances he was in.

"I guess not," I mumbled.

After walking in silence for awhile, Daehyun gave a small sneeze. I looked over at him in concern.

"Are you sure you don't need the jacket?"

He shook his head, indicating he was fine. I made a face but didn't press on.

"So, how did you and the genies meet each other?" I asked.

"Yongguk and Himchan were friends. Jongup was a colleague in the company and they took very good care of him since he was younger. Youngjae and I were roommates, so when we went joined the company, Yongguk and Himchan were our guides since we were new there."

Daehyun stopped there and I figured he was trying to contemplate whether or not he should tell me about Zelo's part.

"I know about Zelo's past," I said.

He looked at me in shock.

"He told me about it, said that only you and Yongguk were the ones who knew about it."

Daehyun nodded, proceeding into what he was saying."Zelo was rescued by Yongguk and he brought him back to our dorm. At that time, he was badly wounded and I was the only one at home at that time. So I and Yongguk helped him with his wounds and that was how he became a part of us."

Daehyun gave a sad laugh."I don't know how that kid does it. He's so hurt and damage inside but he seems to be the most carefree person in the world on the outer."

I smiled sadly when I thought back in the Ferris wheel."He's really brave."

Daehyun sighed."But still clueless. That's why we as hyungs take extra care of him."

I nodded."That's good too."

Daehyun turned to look at me."He likes you a lot."

"Hmm?"

"He doesn't go to sleep unless he's talk enough about you."

I chuckled and felt myself suddenly tear up.

"I'm not sure how he'll take it when we have to leave you."

The smile on my face faded.

"I'm not sure how we'll all take it when we have to leave you."

I kept my head down, not daring to look up. I tried to push away any ideas of them leaving but it always comes crawling back.

"But you'll remember us when we're gone right?"

I nodded quickly."Of course I would. I'll never forget you guys."

"Good." He said and kept quiet.

We continued walking, making our way back home. Just then, I felt someone grab my hand. Fingers intertwining with mine, I looked up and was startled to see that it was Daehyun's.

"Your hands are cold." He muttered, staring straight ahead."I'm just helping you to keep warm."

I looked down at our intertwined hands again and chuckled silently.

"You idiot. Your hands are even colder than mine." I told him.

He gave me a quick glance and then looked away, clearing his throat awkwardly.

I smiled but didn't take my hand away, instead tightening my grip on his because however cold, it still gave me a certain warmth that I can't explain.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

was daehyun talking too much? i think he is...oh well. i guess daehyun opened up to haejin already, yaaaayy. and i'm back from my short holiday trip.

have i ever told you guys i love you? no? well, i love you guys so, so much. the support you're showing me is really just so tear jerking. your comments always make my day :"c

okayokay, enough with the mushy stuff. next chapter coming right up!