Brother

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"Junhyung?!" I exclaimed.

Junhyung gave a smirk."Hey."

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow."Is it wrong to come back home?"

I blinked and then forced a weak laugh."Right, home."

"So can I come into my house now?" He asked, directing that question to how the door was still slightly opened with me blocking it.

"Okay," I agreed, opening the door when I caught sight of Yongguk. My eyes widened and I closed the door on Junhyung, in the process hitting him on the head.

"Yah! Yong Haejin!" He shouted, clutching his head in pain, silently cursing.

"Haha, I'm sorry." I chuckled, trying to get Yongguk away.

He didn't get the hint though.

"What are you doing?" Junhyung scowled.

"Nothing," I quickly replied with a smile."Just give me a moment."

I was about to close the door when he forcefully pushed it open. I stumbled back and Yongguk's hands reached out to keep me stable. Junhyung barged into the house and his eyes landed immediately on Yongguk. He looked at me and then back to the stranger in his house.

"Who's that?" He asked me, pronouncing the question slowly.

I pry myself out of Yongguk's grasp."He...uh..."

Yongguk looked at me until realization hit him.

"I'm her friend." Yongguk replied.

Junhyung narrowed his eyes."Friend?"

Yongguk nodded.

"Nothing else?"

Junhyung continued eyeing the both of us suspiciously as he placed his bag down.

"Where did you go for these past few years anyway?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Is he staying here?" Junhyung asked, pointing at Yongguk.

I was about to say no when Yongguk cut in.

"Yes, I was from America so in the meantime, I'm staying here till I find a place."

Junhyung looked at me incredulously."Where's mum and dad?"

"New York?" I answered weakly.

He continued looking at me as if I just commited a huge crime."So you're telling me all these time when mum and dad was gone, you've been living in the same house with this guy?"

"Well, not technically. It was just half a month ago, and he lives here with his friends," I shrugged.

I knew I made a wrong move saying that.

Junhyung's eyes widened."Friends?! How many?"

"6, including me." Yongguk answered and bowed."It's nice to see you, Haejin's brother."

"Yah, Haejin, in the room." Junhyung ordered.

"Which room?" I asked.

He looked at me exasperatedly."My room."

"But, mum and dad changed your room to the study room after you left without saying anything."

"Bwoh? But how...that's..." He paused and then sighed."Room."

He walked towards the study room and I followed, asking Yongguk to go back to eating his breakfast.

"Will you be fine?" He asked.

"Sure, it's my brother." I rolled my eyes.

I walked into the study room and closed the door. While Junhyung stayed seated on a chair, I chose to sit on one of the genie's mattress.

"So I'm guessing your friends sleep here?" Junhyung asked.

"Mmhmm." I nodded.

Junhyung kept silent.

"Where did you go?" I asked, breaking the quietness.

"Somewhere."

I paused and took the time to take him in. He seemed older now, definitely since it's been 4 years since I last saw him. I don't usually talk to people about him after he was gone. There was nothing much to say really. He was just like any other typical brother, except much more rebellious. We had a close-knitted relationship ever since young and I knew he adored me, treated me like I was the most important thing in his world. He even brought me out whenever he's hanging out with his group of friends. That's why when he left, I got affected the most.

My mum and dad didn't bother searching for him, knowing he was probably doing he regular rebelling. I knew it was more than that when I figured out most of his clothes and stuff weren't where they were in his room. After about a year, my parents just thought he was gone for good and transferred his room into a study room. I also got over it, thinking he'd be back when he wants to.

Now that he's back, I'm not sure if I should be happy or angry, or maybe even sad. But I've got better things to take care of now, the genies for example.

"Where?"

Junhyung sighed but then there was a slight glimmer in his eyes."I've signed a contract with Beast. We'll be debuting soon, if possible."

Beast was the group of friends he used to hang out with. They were as close as brothers, while they treated me like their own little sister. Just like Junhyung, they were said to have dissapeared for that 4 years. Now with this news, they must have went to fufil their music career.

"So you'll be here for awhile?"

Junhyung nodded."Maybe gone before mum and dad even comes home."

I nodded and forced a smile. I felt a slight tug in my heart when I heard he will be gone again."Right. I'm happy for you."

Junhyung looked at me with the usual mysterious eyes, although there was a slight tinge of sadness in it."How have you been, Hae?"

A wave of reminiscence shot through me with the nickname he usually used on me.

I shrugged, trying to keep a straight face."You know the usual."

"How have you been without me around?"

I didn't dare look up but I know Junhyung was staring at me.

"A little different, but usual nonetheless."

He didn't answer and I took a peep at him, seeing disappointment and hurt written all over his face. Being the little sister I was, I knew I couldn't hide anything from him so I was just about to tell him the truth, that I really did miss him so, so much, we heard noised coming from outside. We both turned and stared at the door.

"I'm guessing those are your friends?" Junhyung asked.

I nodded. Junhyung gave a small sigh and stood up.

"Well then, I better go settle some things with them since I'll be staying here for awhile."

Before I could say anything, he strolled towards the door and went out. I instead, still fileld with a certain sadness, looked at where Junhyung just sat.

"If only you knew how much I missed you," I whispered.

After a few seconds along with how silent it was out there, I too walked out. I chuckled at the sight in front of me.

While Junhyung took up a whole couch, the genies sat huddled together in the 3-sitter sofa, all tensed and stiff.

"So, I'll be sharing a room with you guys." Junhyung said, eyeing the genies warily.

"Neh!" Zelo said a little enthusiastically.

"What's with your hair?" Junhyung asked and then turned to me."And you too. When did you change hair color?"

I shrugged."Just, a change."

Junhyung looked thoroughly confused, and a feeling of weariness appeared."Ah, I don't know anymore. I'm gonna go bathe and sleep."

He stood up and went towards the bathroom. When the doors closed, Zelo immediately pulled me to sit down.

"Noona! Your brother is so scary!" He said.

I laughed."He's like that. You'll warm up to him soon."

"He's quite..." Youngjae paused to find the right words.”A pessimist."

I inhaled and sighed."He's just tired. Have you guys eaten lunch?"

"Yup, but we bought something for you." Jongup said, handing me a plastic bag.

I took it from him, remembering his confession. It's been a little awkward these past few days, but we tried pretending things didn't happen so it's all good I guess. I only hope Jongup's handling it well.

"What's this?" I asked, looking inside.

"Hey! What about me?" Yongguk exclaimed.

The other members ignored him.

"You guys bought me fruits?" I asked, taking out the big packet of fresh cut fruits.

"We thought it'd be good for your health!" Himchan said.

I smiled gratefully."Aww, you guys are too sweet."

"And also for your skin. You look pretty bad nowadays." Youngjae added.

I scowled and threw a pillow at him."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

===

"Are you guys going out?" I asked as I saw Himchan putting on a jacket.

It was in the evening now, somewhere between 6 to 7.

"Yeah, going to get dinner. Want to come with us?" He asked.

I smiled but shook my head."Nah, I still have homework to do. You guys enjoy yourself."

"D'aww, you don't have to study so much." Himchan cooed, about to engulf me in a hug when someone pulled him back.

"Andwae! Zelo will not allow your greasiness to contaminate to noona!" Zelo shouted.

"Aish, you punk!" Himchan cursed, running after Zelo.

I chuckled at those two and was making my way to my room when the bathroom door opened just as I was walking past. Yongguk came out and I realized out of the corner of my eyes he was shirtless.

Holy. I quickly kept my gaze fixated on his face.

Don't look Haejin you e. Don't, don't, don't, don't, do-

My mind went blank when I caught sight of Yongguk's well-defined abs. It wasn't perfect, but it was sure close to it.

"Like what you're seeing?"

Yongguk's voice brought me back to reality and I snapped my head up, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Uh...no. Just...you...I wasn't...."

I mentally cursed myself. It's not the first time I'm stuttering in front of Yongguk already.

"I think you've got some saliva there..." He pointed to the corner of his lips.

My eyes widened and I reached up to feel it but only received Yongguk's laughter. I frowned when I realized he was kidding around.

"That was mean."

"But your mouth really was hanging open." He grinned."Maybe I should go around topless more often?"

I blushed and looked down. Just then, a shirt was thrown in Yongguk's direction and I felt someone spin me around so I wasn't facing him anymore. I looked up and saw Jongup, who in turn was giving Yongguk a soft glare.

"Don't corrode noona!" He scolded lightly.

Yongguk looked at Jongup with surprise and then chuckled, shaking his head. I smiled, thinking how cute Jongup was being.

Just then, I heard a shout of pain coming from Yongguk. I turned around and saw Junhyung holding a hammer plushie with Yongguk rubbing his head.

"Yeah! Don't corrode my little sister, you dickhead!" He shouted.

"Dickhead?" Yongguk looked thoroughly shocked.

"Yes, you. A dickhead." Junhyung nodded.

Yongguk scoffed."Watch your language."

"My language? If I'm not wrong, I'm actually 23 which means I'm older than you."

Yongguk smirked."Oh yeah, I'm over a hundred years old. Beat that!"

Junhyung looked at Yongguk weirdly and then looked at me."Is he crazy or something?"

I burst out laughing as they continued quarreling.

"Are you okay, noona?" Jongup asked in concern.

I smiled and nodded."I'm fine. Just fine."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay, don't worry, daehyun will get his moments with haejin so just calm yourself there XD

and also to clear up some minor misunderstandings, not all the genies are in love with her or would fall in love with her. as prior to the polls, the three genies whom would fall in love with haejin are jongup, daehyun and yongguk, thus their moments with haejin.

okay then, enough talking. just a reminder, i'll be going for a short ( like really short ) holdiay. probably 3-4 days so i won't be updating until i'm back. i'll be writing then, so that when i come back i'll be up for lots of updates c: