Yoo Youngjae, my savior...or not

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"...and then Daehyun hyung was like 'no, order pizza instead. And Youngjae shouted 'Chinese, you piece of !" Zelo told me and we both burst out laughing again.

Youngjae punched Zelo in the arm while Daehyun remained emotionless. Yongguk and Himchan were smiling along the way while Jongup continued being...odd.

Why is he like that?

Jongup caught me staring. He flinched and quickly looked away. I frowned. Did I do something wrong?

Zelo continued his epic story of the time they were all having a conversation in their sleep and before long, we reached school.

I suddenly saw Byunghun as he saw me and waved. I smiled and waved back as he approached us.

"Oh, it's that heartbreaker!" Zelo said a little too loudly.

Byunghun heard and ducked his head. I scolded Zelo."You can't say that, Zelo-yah. It's mean. Say sorry."

Zelo pouted and said a soft sorry to Byunghun who was standing beside me as of the moment. Byunghun smiled sheepishly and waved it off."It's okay. Can I talk to you Haejin?"

The genies looked at me expectantly and I nodded."Yeah, you guys go ahead." I told the genies."I'll catch up with you later on."

Yongguk looked uncertain.

"It'll be for a moment only." Byunghun said, catching his uncertainty.

Yongguk nodded and pulled the genies away. After they were gone, I faced Byunghun.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior that day." He rubbed his neck."I wasn't really in my right mind."

I laughed."It's okay."

Byunghun suddenly went solemn."But what I said was still true. I did love you, and I still love you now."

I ceased my smiles and kept it to a minimum.

"But still, friends?" Byunghun gave a gentle smile, holding out his hand.

I looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity of friendship in it. I nodded and shook his hand."Friends."

Before I can pull away, he tugged on my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so glad I got to meet someone like you," He whispered.

"It was nice to meet you too, really."

"Even though I broke your heart?" He pulled away and I saw the frown on his face.

I chuckled and patted his shoulder."Ever though you broke my heart."

He smiled as I saw that Zelo was actually waiting for me, or in my case trying to secretly look out for me behind a bush. It wasn't as secretive as he thought it would be. I let out a laugh accidentally.

"I'll go in first then?" I told Byunghun.

He nodded and motioned for me to go while he met up with his friends. As I walked towards the school, I pretended not to notice Zelo hiding behind the bushes. As I walked past, I heard shuffling of leaves and footsteps rushing behind me. Before long, I heard Zelo's voice.

"Noona! What did he talk to you about?" He asked.

I bit down a smile."Nothing you should know about kiddo."

"That's not fair. Noona's problems are my problems too!" He complained.

"Except it's not much of a problem." I pointed out.

Zelo pauses."Whatever related to noona is mine too."

I shook my head." I don't think you'll fit being a spy Zelo."

He tilted his head."Huh?"

"Were you spying on me?"

Zelo's eyes widened."You saw?"

I nodded."Hide better next time."

Zelo made a face and I ruffled his hair. "But still, thank you for looking out for me."

Zelo grinned widely."Of course! You're my noona. Hyungs has been looking out for me, and now it's my turn to look out for noona too!"

God. How long did this guy have to push me till? Before I really did burst out to his unknowingly touching words, I turned and went into my class.

"I'll see you later!" Zelo yelled and ran to his own class.

I got through the 5 periods, plus getting scolded by a teacher before making it to lunch. As I shuffled sleepily towards my lockers, I saw Myungsoo approaching. But right at that moment, Jongup came from the other side.

"Haejin!" Myungsoo waved brightly.

"Hi, noona," Jongup greeted; suddenly back to his usual self.

Myungsoo and Jongup looked at each other. Their eyes weren't showing it, but I sure can read their mind well, however I even did that.

"Want to go have lunch together?" Myungsoo asked at the same time Jongup did.

"What?" I answered, caught off guard.

"Want to go have lunch?" Both repeated, again at the same time.

I laughed weakly."Sure."

Myungsoo and Jongup looked at each other, back to me and pointed.

"Him or me?" Myungsoo asked.

I paused and looked between them too."Of course you two. We can all have lunch together."

I linked my arms on each of theirs and pulled them into the cafeteria before any of them could complain. I found a seat and plopped them down on it.

"So, what lunch do you guys want? I'll go buy it," I told them

Jongup shook his head."I'm not hungry."

I looked towards Myungsoo."Same."

I frowned and sat down."Okay then."

The three of us sat there without uttering a single word and the awkwardness that settled between us was obvious to the extent of embarrassing.

Ah, what to do about this?!

"Well, this is a nice scene." A voice boomed.

I turned around and saw Youngjae approaching the table. He pointed at Jongup and me."You guys didn't wait for me. Next time expect I do the same."

I sighed in relief and thanked Youngjae inside my head."Youngjae! Come sit here!"

He rolled his eyes."Of course, if not where else would I?"

I opened my mouth to shoot back an insult but thought of his timing and how he unknowingly saved me so I forgave him.

"Yeah, if not where would you!" I patted his back a little too hard.

He glared at me."Watch it. I know you eat a lot and thus have a lot of energy but no need to use it all up on me."

My mouth settled into a thin line.

He saved me. He saved me. He saved me.

"That's because I love you," I smiled.

"I'm really sorry but I don't return your love," He grinned.

I swore my hands itched to smack his head but I clenched on tightly to my shorts instead.

And that was how the lunch went, with the two guys being awkwardly silent while Youngjae and I continued our hate-love conversation. As I returned back to class, there was a yellow sticky note on my chair.

"We reminded you once. Don't let us remind you twice. Don't come running back to us pleading when it's already happened because then it'll be too late."

I frowned and looked around the room, thinking who could possibly send me this. When I saw no one suspicious enough, I shrugged it off and crumpled the note. Maybe it was just a joke.

 

Himchan's POV

"Where could Haejin beeeee~" I sand quietly as I walked around the school compound. It was long after school and I was trying to find her but up to now, it's to no avail.

"Oppa!" I heard someone call.

I turned around and saw a group of girls waving at me. I smiled and waved back, earning a squeal from them.

They love me.

I grinned even wider.

Of course they do. You're the Kim Himchan.

I was almost giving up on finding Haejin when I saw her standing up her locker with that guy. Who's he? Munsoo? Myunjoo?

"Ah!" I snapped my fingers."Myungsoo! What are they doing together anyway?"

I huffed and was coming closer when I heard something about a date.

A date?

I stopped and hid myself behind a pillar and tried eavesdropping.

"Where to?" I heard Haejin asked.

"Club. It s been a long time since we went there."

"I don't know, Myungsoo. I still have homework pilling up."

"Oh, come on! You've been spending so little time with your best friend nowadays!" Myungsoo guy complained.

Ehh, he's such a whiner. Not that Zelo isn't but still.

I heard Haejin sigh."Okay, but not too late!"

"Cool. The one at the corner, at Dongdaemun?"

"Okay, I'll see you there," Haejin agreed.

As I heard their footsteps growing more distant, I stepped out from my hiding spot, a smile on my face.

"Club huh? That seems like a nice place to be."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Really sorry for making you guys wait so long! I'm still in the midst of my ty exams but I decided to update a chapter today.

And also, there's a poll as you can see! It's time to decide who to fall in love with Haejin. Although there were different opinions, I decided to go along with only a few of them since it's easier to write and I can focus more on each of them now. In the poll, you'll see Jongup missing because I've been writing him too going too far in love with Haejin already, with all the jealousy and what not, so he's not in the poll. So is Zelo because personally, I don't think I want to write any noona-dongsaeng relationship. Maybe in the future, but not in these because I really enjoy writing Zelo and Haejin moments, but only as sibling love so Jello's not in there too! And thus, it leaves us with the four. I'll only be selecting another two, so top two will be the ones to fall in love with Haejin so vote away!

New updates not guaranteed but will try my best. Exams will end next week on tuesday so please await that day! Thank you for sticking around!