Giving up for real

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"So, what do I have to do?" I asked.

The genies looked at me like I was stupid for asking such a question, and it sure made me felt stupid.

"You just wish it, out loud or in your mind, it's your choice, and we'll make it happen," Youngjae said.

"Like what you did the previous time," Yongguk explained further.

"Right. Okay."

I looked at the floor and quickly made my wish.

*I wish Byunghun would be alright, fine and alive again.*

I looked at the genies after I finished my wish."So, I made it."

"We've already done it," Himchan shrugged.

Yeah, they definitely made me look stupid. I quickly walked over to where Teen Top went and saw two of them inside the room. At first, it seemed normal. Byunghun was lying motionlessly on the bed.

He looked bad. A bandage was wrapped around his head and a cast was on his leg. His face was filled with cuts which are stitched up and his arms had red patched on it. But I especially saw his huge cut on his bottom cheek. He hated when that happens, although I'm not so sure what's so special about his chin.

I turned towards the genies, wanting to complain that nothing was happening when Chunji suddenly ran out of the room, alarmed.

"Doctor! Doctor! He just moved. His hands twitched!"

Nurses and doctors rushed into the room, urging Niel out. They closed the curtains and we waited for a few minutes before the doctor came out with a smile on his face.

"It seemed like a miracle happened. We don't know how exactly and it needs some looking upon, but he's awake. He doesn't seem to have lost his memory or gone vegetable, which is yet another miracle. You can go in to see him now."

Everyone looked relieved, especially the Teen Top members since they knew nothing behind the miracle that just happened. I turned to the genies and saw them grinning in triumph.

"You have 3 more wishes left," Yongguk reminded. He suddenly stared out into space, like he just realized something and walked off. The others looked at me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it when they all walked away. I wanted to follow after them, but decided that I should go in to see Byunghun first.

"You remember her right?" CAP asked Byunghun.

Byunghun turned to look at me and his once puzzled eyes changed to one of pain."Haejin."

I faked a smile and waved."Hi."

This seemed to pain him even more although I'm not sure why.

"Can I, have a moment with her?" He asked the others.

Ricky gave me a concerned look and I just nodded. When they were gone, I inhaled and went over to stand next to him.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Fine. My head still hurts sometime," He replied, staring at me.

I avoided his gaze."Do you want water?"

I moved over to pour him some when his hand reached out for mine. He winced but held on even tighter.

"Haejin."

I kept quiet.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm fine," I whispered.

"You're lying." His grip on my hand grew tighter.

"No I'm not."

"I wasn't your boyfriend-" He paused."Ex boyfriend for nothing."

I pursed my lips into a thin line.

"I really did love you," He said.

I shook my head. I don t want to believe him. Can't anymore.

"I didn't realize it until that day. Remember when you ran in the rain? It was then I realized how much you loved me, and that I did love you back."

I tried to block out his voice.

"I wanted to tell you but you caught me before I could."

"You cheated on me."

"I did. But I wanted to change after realizing my own feelings."

"No," I shook my head, moving away.

"Haejin, I'm sorry."

I pulled my hand out of his grasp and willed myself."No. I don't love you anymore, Byunghun."

His face scrunched up in hurt."Please."

I shook my head."I don't love you anymore."

I quickly left the room just as the Teen Top members walked in.

"Haejin..." CAP called out but I ignored him and walked away.

The genies saw me and followed after, sensing my change in mood. As I walked alone while the others trailed behind me, my stomach suddenly growled.

"Please don't let them hea-"

"Are you hungry, Haejin?" Himchan asked.

"No." My stomach betrayed me again by giving a low grumble.

I heard the genies chuckle as Yongguk came beside me."Come on, we'll treat you this time to take your mind off certain stuffs."

My eyes widened and then I saw Daehyun tap his head and then pointed to mine.

"You should really stop that," I said after realizing what he meant.

"Do you know? They said that genies that share an extremely close bond with their masters can read their minds a lot clearer," Youngjae said.

"So?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We can read your thoughts very clearly," Jongup smiled.

"Which means we share a really close bond with you, noona!" Zelo exclaimed.

I stared a little longer at his bright face, looked at all of them and then had a sudden thought. They'll leave one day. They won't be here with me one day. They probably won't be able to attend my wedding, see my children, go picnics together. There would come the day when they would just disappear, like thin air, and never come back again, like they've never existed on earth. My heart ached and I bit down hard on my lips so the tears won't form.

"So, what do you say?" Yongguk asked a bright gummy smile on his face.

"One day, I won't be able to see that beautiful smile of his"

I instantly slapped myself from all negative thoughts. No, if they'll be gone one day, then it's best I spend every second of my life with them when I have it. I plastered a bright smile on my face and instantly felt myself brighten up.

"Sure! Anything I want?" I asked.

"Anything you want," Youngjae nodded.

I grinned and linked arms with Zelo, letting him pull me along with him. I caught sight of Daehyun and Jongup though, and saw that they were staring at me with pain mixed with joyfulness.

They knew what I was thinking, or may be thinking the same thing but at least their thinking positively for now.